AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they have fingerprints or DNA from the crime scene that doesn't match anything on file, what would typically happen is they'd begin asking people to offer theirs up. Anyone in the Closs's social circle, the neighbors, Jayme's friends, coworkers, family members, etc.
What makes you think that’s not already happening? We know absolutely nothing about what evidence they have, or what direction the investigation is going. It’s not as simple as you seem to think it is. It takes time to put it all together.

Thank you for clearing that up.
So all we know is there was a lot of yelling, and someone cried "Help".
I hope that 911 call is being analyzed for clarification,and voice recognition. With the FBI involved I'm sure it is.
Even that (someone saying "help") is debatable.

“We could hear yelling in the background on this 911 call, not much information," said Fitzgerald. He says the call lasted less than a minute and the only word that can be understood is “help”.
UPDATE: Sheriff: Missing girl was in home at the time of the murders

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The word help, did the dispatcher hear that?
FITZGERALD: I don`t know if the word help was said. I can`t comment on that. I don`t know if that was said, but there was some kind of disturbance going on and that is why law enforcement was sent to the house.
CNN.com - Transcripts

OK Folks first post on this. Here are my thoughts. MOO # Theory One
  • Angry Attack for what ever reason against parents
  • Not so angry. The minor and the dog weren't killed in situ
  • The dog is in the safety of family members
  • The Minor is still classed as missing
Is it just possible the minor JC was able to run and escape for a short period of time before being picked up unfortunately by the perpetrator's of the crime .

IMHO I Think JC jrn Escaped the house and then Ran for help in to what she thought was safety and possibly wasn't. I also think it was JC jnr who made the 911 call from her mothers phone. She couldn't speak because she was hiding. She turned the phone off to stop it ringing.

Do I think a 13 year old could do all of that, Yes I do in this day and age.
Yes if JC was hiding and heard first one parent killed, knows one parent is still alive and could save her, then second parent killed, knows no one can now save her so she has to run. Either one parent is still alive and can get to phone as she is running or she grabs phone as running. Perp knows 911 called and he can not risk shooting her so he catches her and leaves the scene with her.

What makes you think that’s not already happening? We know absolutely nothing about what evidence they have, or what direction the investigation is going. It’s not as simple as you seem to think it is. It takes time to put it all together.

<modsnip- personalizing>. I never said it was simple. I was responding a specific theory about James having a friend over that night who got angry and murdered everybody and how unlikely that is.

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend doesn’t have to be wily since it would be normal to leave prints and DNA at a friend’s house on a regular basis.
A very excellent point. The perpetrator would leave no traces unless clumsiness sat in.

Yes if JC was hiding and heard first one parent killed, knows one parent is still alive and could save her, then second parent killed, knows no one can now save her so she has to run. Either one parent is still alive and can get to phone as she is running or she grabs phone as running. Perp knows 911 called and he can not risk shooting her so he catches her and leaves the scene with her.
I think that other people are right about the perpetrator running out of bullets. It's just a theory, but I'm sure the investigators have figured out what type of gun was used and counted the bullets. I know very little about guns but that feels like what happened here.

Thank you for clearing that up.
So all we know is there was a lot of yelling, and someone cried "Help".
I hope that 911 call is being analyzed for clarification,and voice recognition. With the FBI involved I'm sure it is.
Yes, at the last PC they said they were still working on it.

Has the been any report on why there was only one casket at the funeral yesterday? It looked like pink flowers on the top so would that indicate it was Denise's?

<modsnip - personalizing> I never said it was simple. I was responding a specific theory about James having a friend over that night who got angry and murdered everybody and how unlikely that is.
I personally think it is highly likely, and to me, after 2 weeks of theories makes the most sense to me. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder where the person or people responsible parked their car and with the description of two vehicles. Were both involved in this.

I took that information as more for us, which I myself did not know they did.

Respectfully, junkies desperate enough to enter an occupied house to steal for drug money rarely are carrying firearms. Easier to sell the firearm for drug money than risk getting confronted by an occupant.
Our family has employed many, many locals for years, and many turned out to be thieving meth heads. (of course they were terminated) Several of them were involved in burglarizing for guns to sell, but actually kept one gun as a tool of the trade (in order to do more thefts/robberies) Two that I know very well, kept half a dozen for themselves.... These are people would steal from their own kids' piggy-banks, but they sure did like to collect (in addition to steal and sell)..their prized weapons.
I remember one who was terrified of guns, so he collected....and also stole and sold...knives. I guess we are off topic, because we have no clue whether these perpetrators were meth heads or not. But not all are the same. FWIW, I also know a couple of meth heads who are obese. Strange but true.

Don't be insulting. I never said it was simple. I was responding a specific theory about James having a friend over that night who got angry and murdered everybody and how unlikely that is.
Why would you think that is not likely. Out of all the theories, that one is the most believable.

Someone posted the the mattress removed was a twin. More likely to come from Jayme’s room than James and Denise’s. That doesn’t meant an assault on Denise didn’t happen in Jayme’s room, but it’s worth noting.

Do you (or anyone else) have a source for the mattress being a twin? I saw a video of it being removed but I really couldn't tell what size mattress it was.

Just to add to my own post....one doesn't always have to rob to have meth. Around these parts, many just make their own from common items. They shoplift from the dollar store for simple ingredients when they run out of cash. Meth is sooooo much cheaper than cocaine or perscription drugs to make or obtain. I've observed these people up close and personal, and got a lot of info from reformed ones, as well.

Why would you think that is not likely. Out of all the theories, that one is the most believable.
Because if there was a friend in that house before the murders, LE would know that. There would be evidence of a 4th person in the house, in the ways I described earlier. Beer cans, drinking glasses, snacks, blankets, footprints, fingerprints, etc. The scope of their investigation does not at all point to that being the case. They did two searches, one with 100 people and one with 2,000. They released photos of cars of interest in the area, two possible cars, not CERTAIN cars, but possible cars. This is evidence of them finding leads, finding more things to go on to narrow it down. If they knew it was a friend or family member, someone who knew the family well enough to spend time there hanging out late on a Sunday evening, the investigation would be much more focused.

It's not that. I virtually guarantee that is not what happened here.

Has the been any report on why there was only one casket at the funeral yesterday? It looked like pink flowers on the top so would that indicate it was Denise's?

I have only seen people speculating that since the private burial is later at an unplanned date perhaps the one casket was symbolic or something. My own opinion is that it may have only been Denise. I think it is possible James was not Catholic and therefore would not have had the rites of a Catholic Mass performed over his body-- memorial is a different thing and it was probably a memorial service for both but with only Denise receiving the Catholic rites (JMO). Their obituary only mentions Denise being a member of the Church and they married in Las Vegas, not in a Catholic Church: Obituary for James and Denise Closs at Rausch & Steel Funeral Home

It's probably not relevant though. Many people marry someone of a different faith.

I check this thread occcasionally hoping for some new details.

My own thoughts at this point:

I feel that whomever committed this crime was known to at least one of the three victims. Perhaps all three knew the person. I don’t think it was a stranger/random crime.

If the person was not known personally by one of the three, perhaps it could have been someone who noticed Jayme at dance or cross country or done other sport she was involved in, and developed an unhealthy obsession about her.

Other possibility would be someone from distant past of either parent. A former in-law, coworker, or someone who had some sort of issue with either parent in the distant past.

Last edited:
I don’t think JC would have invited guys over to watch the game. DC has been described in previous posts as being shy and mostly into family gatherings. I picture JC being at the local tavern/pub/vfw watching with fellow sports fans and talking about the glory days of high school. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592