AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a number of posts that reference Denise Closs being locked or barricaded in the bathroom. Admittedly I haven't read all the posts and was wondering where this information came from or what it's based on. It seems to be a part of some people's theories. Could someone clear that up for me? Thanks!
An unknown source told this to Radar Online. Though RO is allowed, some have discounted its credibility.

We’d need a lawyer to chime in here. I’m not sure what the law is there, as it’s evidence after all.

I want to hear it, but that’s me.

Most of the time the 911 calls are used at trial for a multitude of reasons (it gives a witness’ present sense impression of the situation, it may be only record of a deceased witness’ accounting of the situation, etc.)

However, here we have a 911 call where seemingly very little can be heard by natural ears and the recording has been sent for forensic cleaning and/or sound layering to extract more info from it.

Whether that’ll be admissible depends upon the methodology used (is it an industry-wide accepted method?) and the expert who did it (what is their skill, knowledge, education, experience and training in this area to ensure accuracy?)

It will also depend on whether they’re still able to extract anything. There may be no sense in playing it and otherwise they may just get the 911 dispatcher on the stand to testify what she knows (e.g., she received a call at ___ time and didn’t hear anything and dispatched ___ officer to the scene).

I have been meaning to ask this about Jayme's phone.
In this photo she has one in her hand:
Jayme-Closs-Facebook.jpg

Jayme Closs Archives - Wausau Pilot & Review

Can anyone make out what kind of phone it is?
Also, what is written on her shirt?

Looks like an older model Samsung to me.

There are a number of posts that reference Denise Closs being locked or barricaded in the bathroom. Admittedly I haven't read all the posts and was wondering where this information came from or what it's based on. It seems to be a part of some people's theories. Could someone clear that up for me? Thanks!
Some are led to believe that an unnamed FBI insider gave this account to the tabloid RadarOnline. Missing Jayme Closs Was Home When Abductor Shot Her Parents Dead, Source Claims

IMO, while it certainly is possible, I personally do not believe the source of this information was anyone from the FBI and strongly recommend anyone take this account with large quantities of salt.

I think it's at a double (full-size) mattress which is 53" wide vs. a twin at 39" wide. Based on height of deck railing and the woman in the video.
View attachment 153251

Thank you, that does look bigger than a twin to me.
Ok, this is weird but I could have sworn the mattress was a yellow-gold color in previous screen shots. In that photo it looks blue to me. Is this some sort of blue-gold dress illusion or were there two mattresses removed?
:eek::confused:o_O

ETA: I think it is two mattresses. See my post below number #340 for a different screenshot.

Last edited:
I also question the accuracy of the neighbors' timeline of things. I am NOT casting any suspicion on them. I am just saying that in the middle of the night, it can be hard to be accurate on time. We don't know if the neighbors need glasses/contacts and if they actually put glasses on to look at the clock for instance.

I think back to where the neighbor said she couldn't sleep so she got up a half hour after hearing the shots (or so) and her dog was acting funny; she looked out the window and saw nothing (I linked the source to this on another post of mine and can go back and find it through my past posts if need be).
Ok, so she could have been asleep for shots and woke up too more shots?

That's interesting...I'd not seen that mattress pic. The one I saw was a yellow-ish/or gold color.
I'm not sure, maybe they took two mattresses out, or one was a box-spring(?).
Ok, this is weird but I could have sworn the mattress was a yellow-gold color in previous screen shots. In that photo it looks blue to me. Is this some sort of blue-gold dress illusion or were there two mattresses removed?
Yes, the first video I saw had the yellow mattress too. When I went back to look at it again, that video had been replaced in the article so I tracked down this one and noticed the same thing. It's now blue, lol!

Some are led to believe that an unnamed FBI insider gave this account to the tabloid RadarOnline. Missing Jayme Closs Was Home When Abductor Shot Her Parents Dead, Source Claims

IMO, while it certainly is possible, I personally do not believe the source of this information was anyone from the FBI and strongly recommend anyone take this account with large quantities of salt.
I agree. Be wary of this source. The FBI source was also reported by the Daily Mail (also seem to be unreliable)

In my theory, the perp was told to leave because of an argument, or he got caught doing something to Jayme. He goes to his car, gets gun, kicks in the door and kills her parents, takes her. IMO
I guess it's possible, but not likely. How many people carry guns around in their car? I don't see him leaving the room and going into Jayme's room without her dad noticing. I'm sure she would have been asleep that late on a school night. LE has asked anyone to come forward if they know of any misunderstanding or problem the family may have had with anyone. If he had a friend over, he would likely have a wife or someone who knows him. If he was a volatile type person I would think someone would have suspected him by now. And I think the chances of a friend, who would be someone James knew enough to trust, suddenly becoming enraged enough with no prior signs of anger problems, and murdering both James and Denise and abducting their child, is highly unlikely.

Most of the time the 911 calls are used at trial for a multitude of reasons (it gives a witness’ present sense impression of the situation, it may be only record of a deceased witness’ accounting of the situation, etc.)

However, here we have a 911 call where seemingly very little can be heard by natural ears and the recording has been sent for forensic cleaning and/or sound layering to extract more info from it.

Whether that’ll be admissible depends upon the methodology used (is it an industry-wide accepted method?) and the expert who did it (what is their skill, knowledge, education, experience and training in this area to ensure accuracy?)

It will also depend on whether they’re still able to extract anything. There may be no sense in playing it and otherwise they may just get the 911 dispatcher on the stand to testify what she knows (e.g., she received a call at ___ time and didn’t hear anything and dispatched ___ officer to the scene).

That is what I'm thinking - enhance the call and maybe pick up what was being said. If this was someone known to them, maybe a name? Or something else that provides a clue?

I had first read that the 911 call came from the mother's, Denise's, phone. So I just assumed it would be the mother making a final attempt to get out a call. Maybe the reason the dispatcher doesn't hear from the caller because it is the mother and she is too seriously injured to talk and the yelling involves the killer and daughter. Or in the dark the daughter picked up the wrong phone and it operates differently than she is used to. (I don't know if this is significant to us, but to LE it can help reconstruct the crime.)

Assuming the neighbors are correct in the time they said they heard shots about 20-25 minutes before the 911 call was made. What happened in the interim?

Yes, the first video I saw had the yellow mattress too. When I went back to look at it again, that video had been replaced in the article so I tracked down this one and noticed the same thing. It's now blue, lol!
Here is Rainynights post and screenshot of the mattress:
mattress-png.152861

AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #12

I can see something blue under the yellow so I think this was two mattresses or else a mismatched set. The link the above photo came from seems to have changed the video they were using but I know I saw it in the video before.

Last edited:
Here is Rainynights post and screenshot of the mattress:
mattress-png.152861

AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #12

I can see something blue under the yellow so I think this was two mattresses or else a mismatched set. The link the above came from seems to have changed the video they were using but I know I saw it in the video before.
Thank you for finding this. So there were definitely two mattresses removed. Do they look the same size to you?

I have been meaning to ask this about Jayme's phone.
In this photo she has one in her hand:
Jayme-Closs-Facebook.jpg

Jayme Closs Archives - Wausau Pilot & Review

Can anyone make out what kind of phone it is?
Also, what is written on her shirt?

Gosh I didn't even recognize her in this all grown up Jayme photo! The ones they have of her on the missing posters are of a younger looking girl!

Thank you for finding this. So there were definitely two mattresses removed. Do they look the same size to you?

It's hard to say. The yellow one does look smaller in that screenshot and I can see why someone would think it is twin, but the photo is not exactly the best angle to determine if it is upright or being carrying parallel to the ground with a slight tilt. I wish that video was still available so we could see if there was a different shot of it. Looking for more video of the mattresses being taken out now...

I think it's at a double (full-size) mattress which is 53" wide vs. a twin at 39" wide. Based on height of deck railing and the woman in the video.
View attachment 153251
Thank you, I was looking for this video. I used the word “twin” based on someone else’s post. I agree that it is smaller than a queen.

I'm not sure if this news article was posted as I was off-line for a couple of days and am still catching up. A long-time co-worker describes DC and JC. Here is the site:

Hundreds turn out to remember parents of missing Wisconsin teen Jayme Closs

Ok. I hadn’t cried about this case until I read the paragraph about Denise as a child. This poor family...cmon, Sheriff Fitzgerald! Keep up the good fight and let’s find Jayme and get some justice for this family and community of good, solid people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zurbamommyof2