AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I think the family in Barron are scared, and rightly so!
Agreed. There is a big difference here in that regard.

In the Tibbetts case, no matter what people thought happened, it was clear that she was targeted. Any risk to the public, would have been in regards to females, especially ones around her age.

This was either personal, or sexual.

Here, anyone in the community could be at risk. We don’t know the motive, or what other atrocities the perpetrator is capable of.

I can certainly understand why members of the family are reluctant to be the face representing the family.

I do not think they went to the wrong house. I think they got what they came for and that was Jayme. imo

I completely agree. I think in the minds of the per or perps, it was a "rescue" mission that perhaps went sideways. Lack of evidence suggests to me, it was planned. People just don't decide on a whim on a Sunday night, rural area..."hey..lets do this".
I think they have Jayme and the cops know she went with them....
I think the family has some sort of dark secrets and the lack of outcry is not typical of cases where a young girl is abducted.

My thoughts:
Perp most likely acted alone, and is not from the area. So much attention on this case that anyone local would have reported the suspect cars, or someone acting strangely. High reward means that anyone that knows/suspects anything would have called in a tip. (my neighbor is acting strange, or drove that same car...)
I think it was random, but still targeted. Still hoping for the best.

I follow the jail roster for my home county. I know Barron County seems to have some criminal issues, but I've been watching the bookings into the Barron County jail. It seems perhaps the law enforcement around Barron County has been very busy apprehending a number of probation violators and bail jumpers. Busier than I have ever seen in my home county. I suppose "beating the bushes" is normal after a terrible crime is committed in the community. Both to question and to obtain DNA. If this is happening, what does it tell us? Does it mean they really do not have much to go on? Also, there is a juvenile in the Barron County Jail with no charges listed. I assume it is felony related, as here in MN juvenile arrests are not public unless they are felonies. Not sure if WI is different. I found this peculiar. I also find it peculiar that the sheriff was so forthcoming about the intruder, while keeping most

other details so guarded.

Sheriff did not have a choice about bugler. Once charged those docs are public record. Someone would have revealed it. So it’s better to get it to the public forthright.

The remainder of what LE knows is being handled to the letter of police procedure. And to be blunt, there is no legal or statutory basis that even hints at the public right to know.

Last, he has a prosecutor in his ear telling him to err on the side of caution so as to not jeopardize future criminal prosecution.

If nothing happens in the next 2 weeks they may release something to ask for public help and to reinvigorate the public/media attention.

If I post here it’s my opinion.

Imo and the only instance I can see any slight shortcoming, is that no one has taken in the role to keep this case high profile. But again perhaps that’s the way LE needs to manage it.

from what we understand, @ no one speaking to 911 dispatcher:
either they were incapable of doing so: physically incapable due to injury or simply being muzzled....
OR
did not want to speak and alert the perps nearby....

Let’s assume for the sake of argument, that these guys went to the wrong house (going plural here). At some point, they likely would have realized their error.

Why stay for 20 minutes?

Why compound your error by committing a kidnapping?

I agree with you. I don’t buy the “wrong house” theory.

So @MassGuy - you think the perp or perps are male?
I’m thinking a woman involved...that’s why Jayme was not killed.

Slightly off topic—-
You seem to know about DNA- if you send your DNA to a company like Ancestry or 23 and me , can anyone - you know- everyone and anyone access it ?

JMO and wondering

Does anyone find it curious that beside the neighbors, no one has talked to the media? Specifically those that have already been interviewed by LE. Did I miss something? Usually there’s a line waiting to talk to journalists. Opinions?

During the meeting with locals and no media the Sheriff may have told them to keep things quiet. And perhaps that’s what LE needs to do with this.

So @MassGuy - you think the perp or perps are male?
I’m thinking a woman involved...that’s why Jayme was not killed.

Slightly off topic—-
You seem to know about DNA- if you send your DNA to a company like Ancestry or 23 and me , can anyone - you know- everyone and anyone access it ?

JMO and wondering
I think this is a male, and there is unlikely to be a female involved. I’m playing the odds here.

The short answer to your question about DNA sites like Ancestry is no.

What Ancestry allows you to do though, is download your DNA results, which can then be uploaded to other databases that have different analytical tools.

The site used to catch Golden State is called GED match. I actually have my DNA on there.

As the site is a public database, LE doesn’t need a court order to also upload DNA there. Of course, they upload the DNA of an offender instead of their own.

They do this in order to look for familial matches which are then traced by a geneologist.

A possibility I've talked about with a few people already is that Jayme could have tried to get away during the commotion with the 911 call and they were left with no choice but to take her with and leave her somewhere else.

Wouldn't it be faster and easier to just shoot her? That's where I'm having trouble with this theory. It wouldn't be easy to grab a 13 year old and wrangle her into a car or however they got away. If they were close enough to grab her and take her, they would've been close enough to shoot her and kill her. That's why I think their goal in the first place was to take her.

It is great that they are doing this, but the two technologies are different.

Wisconsin uses criminal databases to search for familial matches within a population that only includes criminals. This is still effective, because crime tends to run in the family.

The method used to catch the Golden state killer, differs a bit.

In that case, a public database was searched for familial matches to the DNA of the Golden State Killer.

Genealogists then used this information to trace his family tree, ultimately landing on James DeAngelo.

Agree MassGuy. You are pretty smart.

I am watching the advancement of Familial DNA and am excited about the advancement. It takes a long time as portions of it are still human processed. Yea CECE MOORE!!!

Agree MassGuy. You are pretty smart.

I am watching the advancement of Familial DNA and am excited about the advancement. It takes a long time as portions of it are still human processed. Yea CECE MOORE!!!
Yes. Building a family tree from the data takes time.

60 Minutes had a great episode on it two weeks ago, which you’ll find very informative. It’ll be On Demand if you have it.

Obviously, we don’t know the answer to this question, but, I’m frustratingly wondering why whoever called 911 didn’t tell the dispatcher “A stranger broke in to my house” or “Our neighbor/coworker, Bob, is here” ?

Just something, anything like that could point LE in a direction. It’s possible the caller did say something like this, and it’s just too garbled in the audio, but, man, that would surely be helpful info.
So as to not to alert the perps 911 has been called.

Agreed. There is a big difference here in that regard.

In the Tibbetts case, no matter what people thought happened, it was clear that she was targeted. Any risk to the public, would have been in regards to females, especially ones around her age.

This was either personal, or sexual.

Here, anyone in the community could be at risk. We don’t know the motive, or what other atrocities the perpetrator is capable of.

I can certainly understand why members of the family are reluctant to be the face representing the family.

They need an unrelated crisis management person unrelated to anyone.

Obviously, we don’t know the answer to this question, but, I’m frustratingly wondering why whoever called 911 didn’t tell the dispatcher “A stranger broke in to my house” or “Our neighbor/coworker, Bob, is here” ?

Just something, anything like that could point LE in a direction. It’s possible the caller did say something like this, and it’s just too garbled in the audio, but, man, that would surely be helpful info.

Or somehow taken a photo! moo.

He starts as MAY and within the first 72 hour progressed to more definite and clarified that they knew from things they heard on the call, and other evidence they couldn't talk about. It's my speculation that the may turned to definite in part b/c of the enhanced 911 call.

Thanks for this. I wonder exactly what they heard on the call that convinced them Jayme was at the property?

Perhaps the caller had tape over her mouth and couldn't speak, but wanted to place the call in hope that the 911 folks would hear the ruckus and send help, just like they did.

I was with that theory until time passed and I started believing she could be dead. Then I wonder why someone would kill 2 people with an hour or a day or a week with a 13 year old only to then kill her too. Im praying shes alive. But Im starting to doubt it.
I still wonder if they took Jayme because she scratched or bit them, and they were worried she would have their DNA on her. Of course, they’d have to be thinking somewhat rationally (no meth lunatic). I hope I’m wrong because they’d have absolutely no reason to leep her alive if that were the case.

I completely agree. I think in the minds of the per or perps, it was a "rescue" mission that perhaps went sideways. Lack of evidence suggests to me, it was planned. People just don't decide on a whim on a Sunday night, rural area..."hey..lets do this".
I think they have Jayme and the cops know she went with them....
I think the family has some sort of dark secrets and the lack of outcry is not typical of cases where a young girl is abducted.

Hmmm. I completely DISagree. If this was all about Jayme, then they went about it in exactly the wrong way, drawing as much attention as possible. To me, the entire rage and force of the break-in suggests that it was NOT about Jayme at all. While there are cases where such violence including murder is used for abductions, it is far and away the exception to the rule. I just don't buy into that "rescue" theory at all. It just doesn't ring true. Let me add this: if this were a rescue, why remain there for so long? It would have been much quicker to just grab and go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona