AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously, we don’t know the answer to this question, but, I’m frustratingly wondering why whoever called 911 didn’t tell the dispatcher “A stranger broke in to my house” or “Our neighbor/coworker, Bob, is here” ?

Just something, anything like that could point LE in a direction. It’s possible the caller did say something like this, and it’s just too garbled in the audio, but, man, that would surely be helpful info.
A good question, and we do not know if they did or did not. That 911 call could answer so many of our questions...

I'd buy into this theory a lot easier if she was 3 or 4 years old. Not 13. Keep in mind this person just shot in cold blood two innocent people in front of this 13 year old. I'm not thinking they have much of a conscious. I just don't see her age being something to hold them back after murdering her two parents. But I know there are a good number of people here who do agree with you. I'm not set on one theory by ANY means, just throwing things around again today.
All JMO

Sadly, her age lends more to the theory that they simply got "other ideas" when they saw her.

Some don't see how it is possible that she wasn't the intended target. Let me give you one possible theory. Keep in mind that I've gone over a lot of theories in my head, including the possibility that Jayme was the target. None of them seem to me to be satisfactory explanations. But here's one that is a possibility:

Say there are two guys who work at the plant where JC worked. Maybe brohters or close friends. (Or it could be just one person, for that matter.) Say one or both were reprimanded or even let go, but in their minds such action was unfair. They feel the company owes them something. Remember, JC supposedly worked that day, and he was in management. But this doesn't even mean it was directly at JC. He might not of had anything to do with the incidents in question. But they see the company as owing them. So they find somebody who is in management. Perhaps they know he has two cars, and they see him as "part of the rich establishment", without really knowing him. So they pick him, and that night in rage break in so get what they feel is owed to them. That would explain why they were there for over 20 minutes. JC puts up a fight. They tell him to shut up, but when Jayme comes out to see what all the commotion is, he gets protective. They are already disappointed not to find anything extremely valuable. So they shoot him. DC manages to dial 911 but they shoot her as well, then disable the phone. So then they ask, pointing at Jayme, "what about her?" One of them gets an idea (which I won't mention here) and says "let's take her and get out of here!" They grab her and go.

I only suggested that maybe they couldn't kill her because she was a child, which even at 13 is possible. After all, SHE isn't connected with the company. SHE'S just a kid. Still, I fear the reason isn't one of hesitation so much as something else entirely...

Please don't read anything into this other than just a theory. We really don't know if this was a lone person, a couple people, or a group of people (which might explain two vehicles, perhaps) that broke in. I'm just throwing out an alternative possibility, that the target wasn't Jayme, but JC, and that even so, it might not have been against JC personally, but against the company he worked for.

I see the incoming tips are dwindling. I sure hope something breaks soon.

Or somehow taken a photo! moo.

The photo, even if the camera was destroyed, went to Cloud.
LE would have this.:)
Perhaps similar to the Delphi case, regarding photo.
Jayme would have heard of the Delphi case, perhaps, and 'did similar'!
But, if this is the case, why haven't we heard from LE?:(
OR NOTHING CLEAR!
So, perhaps 'didn't occur.
:(:(
MOO.

Nearly 2,000 Tips Checked in Closs Case
The sheriff of Barron County says his department has now received more than 2,100 tips in the Jayme Closs investigation, and most of them have already been checked.

Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said Wednesday that 1,975 tips in the case have been closed and there is no new information in the case. He asks people to continue providing tips by calling 1-855-744-3879 or emailing jaymetips@co.barron.wi.us.

"There is a tip out there that will break this case, keep them coming in. Thank you again for the community support behind the law enforcement effort on this case," Fitzgerald wrote in a Facebook post.

Sadly, her age lends more to the theory that they simply got "other ideas" when they saw her.

Some don't see how it is possible that she wasn't the intended target. Let me give you one possible theory. Keep in mind that I've gone over a lot of theories in my head, including the possibility that Jayme was the target. None of them seem to me to be satisfactory explanations. But here's one that is a possibility:

Say there are two guys who work at the plant where JC worked. Maybe brohters or close friends. (Or it could be just one person, for that matter.) Say one or both were reprimanded or even let go, but in their minds such action was unfair. They feel the company owes them something. Remember, JC supposedly worked that day, and he was in management. But this doesn't even mean it was directly at JC. He might not of had anything to do with the incidents in question. But they see the company as owing them. So they find somebody who is in management. Perhaps they know he has two cars, and they see him as "part of the rich establishment", without really knowing him. So they pick him, and that night in rage break in so get what they feel is owed to them. That would explain why they were there for over 20 minutes. JC puts up a fight. They tell him to shut up, but when Jayme comes out to see what all the commotion is, he gets protective. They are already disappointed not to find anything extremely valuable. So they shoot him. DC manages to dial 911 but they shoot her as well, then disable the phone. So then they ask, pointing at Jayme, "what about her?" One of them gets an idea (which I won't mention here) and says "let's take her and get out of here!" They grab her and go.

I only suggested that maybe they couldn't kill her because she was a child, which even at 13 is possible. After all, SHE isn't connected with the company. SHE'S just a kid. Still, I fear the reason isn't one of hesitation so much as something else entirely...

Please don't read anything into this other than just a theory. We really don't know if this was a lone person, a couple people, or a group of people (which might explain two vehicles, perhaps) that broke in. I'm just throwing out an alternative possibility, that the target wasn't Jayme, but JC, and that even so, it might not have been against JC personally, but against the company he worked for.

I see the incoming tips are dwindling. I sure hope something breaks soon.

Would employees with Jennie O know where JC lived? And if they did know where he lived I would also think they would know he has a daughter. Just a couple things to think about. I appreciate this theory though. Oh another thing, we do know JC was found dead at the front door, the police could see his feet as they were approaching. This has always lead me to believe he was shot answering the door. JMO

If you can gun down two innocent people in cold blood, then it’s unlikely that you’d have any issue with killing a child. You don’t just grow a conscience.

They’ve killed two people already, and if they were to release her, they’d be looking at spending the rest of their lives in jail.

Either way they’d have to kill her.
Maybe their thought was to use her for ransom and then that plan went South.

I totally agree. Plus I distinctly remember reading yesterday on our Media and Timelines that it was first reported they heard someone say 'help'. But, i can not find it now...was I dreaming?
It's in one of the first reports by WAEU 13. They stated Fitzgerald as saying all they could make out was the word "help." But days later, he stated that he could not reveal that information.

Last edited:
I don't have an answer for you, but just wanted to point out that it wasn't just what they heard on the 911 call that made LE believe Jayme was in the home.

Investigators also believe Jayme was at home during the shooting based on details from the 911 call and evidence from the home.
Jayme Closs disappearance: Search for possible evidence along a highway comes up empty. - CNN

Thanks again PM. Maybe the evidence from home was Jayme's footprints in the blood? And the phone evidence could be Jayme's voice yelling on it. Instead of the word 'Help' as has been suggested, could she have shouted 'Mom'? JMOO

Wouldn’t he go in through the garage or to the back door? Who uses the front door?
Your guess is as good as mine. I always use my front door, some people use the garage, others the back door.

Not really. I have seen these kind of logs before so I asked one of our grandsons several years ago about them and the inconsistencies at first..

He is a Sgt. with our sheriff's department.

He said several officers are arriving at the scene at the same time.

He said upon arriving the situation is very fluid. So different officers may view the scene differently based in their position and who sees what first.

At that time they are only making educated assumptions based on what they first see since they have not entered the home yet to be checked thoroughly.

When that has happened by then they have found evidence it's a double homicide..kidnapping etc. using this case as an example.

The muffled 911 call would make them think at the time someone else besides James was calling for help and they may have thought it was against James instead of the real murderer.

Until then the logs are fluid and changing. So no it's not odd at all and rather common.

Imo

Realizing that different agencies have different protocols...also a big disclaimer that while I have many friends and relatives who are LE (and have been on about a few dozen ride alongs in my life--though only in metro areas), I am NOT LE... BUT I thought it was always the practice that arriving officers assume the worst case scenario for everyone's safety. Especially since the nature of the 911 call (although we do not know what may have been said on that call--so maybe there are clues there) indicated that LE would be arriving to a situation in progress. Suicide tends to indicate that the danger is past. Murder indicates that the scene may still be dangerous... jmo.

Replying to my own post...

I hesitate to suggest this, because I really don't want to go there, but it is also possible that the only reason they took Jayme was because when they saw her, they got other ideas. That doesn't in the least mean that Jayme was the intended target all along. I don't believe she was.
Or they took her because they knew 911 had been called and also that she could describe them to LE so they were trying to buy themselves some time.

That area is so remote, they could have taken her anywhere and dumped her, as happened to Jennifer Short. JMO

I couldn't have said it better rosesfromangels. I stand firmly behind the sheriff and although I was born and raised about 10 miles from Barron I do not know him personally. I sense, from the many people I know in the area, including my siblings, he does seem to have the support of the community. I am sure he is out of his league here, this is not Baltimore, and I will always commend him on getting state and federal resources involved within the hour. I, like you, expect a break as well. If not, I would guess that some of the details would start leaking out over time. Remember this is a very small town and a lot of talk always going on. Just my guess. And as for Jayme's fate I have no idea one way or the other as I still am not certain as to why she was taken/missing. I'm just waiting for either a break in the case or more facts to surface like so many others. MOO

It's early morning here, on the other side of the globe.
The first thing I do, when I wake, is put the water on to boil for my coffee, as the laptop is switched on, hoping for a break in this case.
Again, not today, but perhaps very soon.o_O

Just seeing the video of the Sheriff, and hearing of all the different resources at work, gives me belief that the case will be solved.
This criminal/criminals aren't smarter, I am sure.
I want to share the moment with you all, when this monster/monsters is caught, and all the pics.
Surely soon.:):):)
MOO.

Realizing that different agencies have different protocols...also a big disclaimer that while I have many friends and relatives who are LE (and have been on about a few dozen ride alongs in my life--though only in metro areas), I am NOT LE... BUT I thought it was always the practice that arriving officers assume the worst case scenario for everyone's safety. Especially since the nature of the 911 call (although we do not know what may have been said on that call--so maybe there are clues there) indicated that LE would be arriving to a situation in progress. Suicide tends to indicate that the danger is past. Murder indicates that the scene may still be dangerous... jmo.

I 100% agree with you. If there really wasn't anything discernible on the 911 call or even if "help" was heard, I would think the very first thing anyone would think seeing someone shot dead in the doorway would be murder and alert everyone about that possibility for their safety. I think it must have really looked like a suicide if that was the call made up until DC was found.

"In Touch" magazine has an article. Joan Smrekar talked to them. Still says 12:31 on the shots. She asked her husband if they were gunshots and he said "Yes - it's a big gun, too." She says police told her the 911 call had "a lot of yelling" but the only thing they could make out was "help."

An FBI source told the magazine the James was killed by shots when he answered the door. It had been kicked in. The quote from the FBI source is "The mother appeared to have barricaded herself in the bathroom and called police, leaving the line open but not speaking to the dispatcher directly." Same source says she died of gunshots. He/she also says Jayme "was targetted" and the intention was to take her.

It says some family members think Jayme might have met someone online.

Lillymac, that has been my theory all along but I tend to keep my opinions quiet until I'm more sure of things.
My honest opinion is those two shots that were heard, were not the only shots/means of physical harm. JMO of course!!

Welcome WatchingShadows.:):):)
Your first post.
I agree, possibly both parents were beaten also.
I am also wondering if there will be evidence produced, that Jayme was harmed: her blood, hair etc.:(:(
MOO.

Would employees with Jennie O know where JC lived? And if they did know where he lived I would also think they would know he has a daughter. Just a couple things to think about. I appreciate this theory though. Oh another thing, we do know JC was found dead at the front door, the police could see his feet as they were approaching. This has always lead me to believe he was shot answering the door. JMO

Remember, it was just a possible theory. I have bounced around a lot of them in my head. How did they know where he lived? It was a small town. Maybe they knew he had a daughter, maybe not. Maybe it just didn't occur to them because they were in an outraged state of mind. Who knows.

As for where he was found, just because he was by the door, doesn't mean that he was shot answering the door. I'm trying to stay away from assuming too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat