AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what a timeline of events leading up to the murder of J&D would consist of? What life changing events lead to the murder and abduction. ..?
Aunt moves
Jayme changes schools at pretty much the beginning of the year
Jayme is hospitalized with pneumonia
Jaymee is now a bus rider(was she a car rider b4?)
Did J&D change shifts at work?
Did Jayme make new friends at her new school?

Just trying to figure out what led up to this tragedy..

I read there were at least 2 vehicles of interest. Any news on that topic? It seems not likely to me that there is no trace of any kind there. Did they find the owners of the vehicles they've seen on the surveillance/traffic cams? If Jayme didn't want to go, then there had to be some fight until the person got her to the vehicle he/she was with. If she was dragged then there must've been some trace on the ground. In cases like this we're always told that "it is the perfect family", that "(s)he is a caring, loving child" only to find out later that things were not as bright as it was depicted by relatives and friends.

To me it just doesn't looks like a revenge kind of crime, because in those cases you either kill everybody or you leave the person alive to suffer. In this case Jayme seems to be the obvious target. I couldn't find any information about what communication devices had Jayme access to. This might be a good thing tho, since LE might be looking into it and they don't want to reveal too much. Then the Blaze Bernstein case comes to my mind where they released the information that he was talking to that garbage of a human being on Snapchat the night he disappeared.

They either have something to work with and don't want to reveal it, or they are just as lost as we are. It's hard to solve a crime when you don't see or can't find a motive.

I've read that some of you think she might get sold or something. No one in that "industry" likes high profile cases, or cases with too much media coverage. That's a huge risk for those involved and they usually (to my knowledge) don't take it.

Being a human piece of garbage capable of murdering two people like your stepping on ants and wanting to rape a child aren’t mutually exclusive... I would think you’d almost expect some overlap..

Piece of garbage.... if they had vendetta probably used tortured logic to get to sound reason to rape and kill jayme..

This person disrupted my life or caused me to look bad...Time to off them..rape and murder could been from get go ... or simply could be 911 call prevented 3 quick murders instead we got 2 with 1 shortly after...

UPDATE: Barron Co. sheriff pleas for tips in Closs case over the holidays
Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald issued a statement urging for more tips on the disappearance of 13-year-old Jayme Closs.

As we approach the holiday's I want to remind everyone that we continue to follow up on tips and work on this case. As families get to together over the next week we ask that you continue to look for behavior or routine changes in people. There is a tip our there! It’s been 68 days since Jayme Closs went missing from her home. She is 13 years old and someone knows something. Maybe you don’t want to make that call because you are friends or family with the suspect. Do Jayme a favor this Christmas and call the tip line with your information. Barron County tip line 855-744-3879 or email jaymetips@co.barron.wi.us.
Thank you all for the support and help on this case. Keep Believing and Never Give up Hope!
Happy Holidays
Sheriff Fitzgerald

Just a guess as it's been stated the area is a haven for drug users... While the family to us doesn't seem to fall into that genre, perhaps the family did find evidence of some drug use. Or, of course, something else that the family didn't think J or D was involved in.

Would it be possible that one of the family members had a recent injury, surgery, or chronic pain?

There have been several brutal murders when a person or persons have known that there were prescription pain meds in the home.

One savage double murder of an elderly man and his daughter who lived with him resulted from someone knowing they filled a prescription for a pain medication.

one of many questions, how would they know and why say there wasn't if they didn't know. lack of any dna or fingerprints that didn't belong to just the three? I have no idea. was a strange statement from LE. I can only guess they understand it better than I do.

Always stumped me too... why not say nothing.. or we’re going over evidence..unless it’s a trap..

I could almost see no dna. No fingerprints no shoe prints. How do u not have shoe size? Door kick. 2/3 steps in house ??

I’m guessing Fitzgerald has Kizer soze wall of logic that will make sense in a year.

Here's what stumps me. supposedly no hot leads. Don't know if it was targeted or random. No evidence. No suspects. 2 public searches. Doesn't make any sense. Its been 11 years and Cassandra Cales ( Stacy Peterson sister ) still is actively out searching for sisters body. With this case they did 2 public searches and asked hunters to keep an eye out.

Here's what stumps me. supposedly no hot leads. Don't know if it was targeted or random. No evidence. No suspects. 2 public searches. Doesn't make any sense. Its been 11 years and Cassandra Cales ( Stacy Peterson sister ) still is actively out searching for sisters body. With this case they did 2 public searches and asked hunters to keep an eye out.
2400 tips is staggering!! Then to imply they had no good tips and still asking for more is mind boggling!!!

I’m still stumped about the beginning of the chain of events. The only thing remotely resembling a witness is the Smrekars. Yet they seem to have been dismissed without logical explanation. Twenty minutes seems like huge freaking deal. There’s never been any indication that there were gunshots on the 911 call, so how would they (LE) be so sure that the Smrekars accout is irrelevant?

Here’s the Smrekar interview:

Video: Jayme Closs neighbors heard two gunshots before a 911 call was made | Daily Mail Online

“Tips” include everything from the public, including suggestions, theories, accusations, etc...very few are likely to be actual bits of useful info (if any.) I worked on a tip line years ago and everything that came in was written down and counted, but most of the calls were completely useless, if not ridiculous. LE has to solicit help from the public and has to follow up...but it is incredible the sheer number of people who call in just to tell LE they should “look for a boyfriend” or “check their bank accounts”, etc...

Anyway...jmo, fyi, etc

Unless they are looking for a specific tip.
Oh yes, I'm sure they are and no reflection on them that they have not gotten it. To me, it has to be local for it to be so closed up and freaking tight lipped.
I just don't believe someone just rolled down hwy. 8, chose the Closs home, and went in and killed two people. Then left with their 13 year old daughter. Oh what a night for that freak! Nope, I don't believe it.
Somethings rotten in Denmark and Barron too.

if this case was tied to the recall why not more employees targeted? I just don't see it, if there was turkey plant employees other than just these two targeted then I might think it could be tied together.

I’m still stumped about the beginning of the chain of events. The only thing remotely resembling a witness is the Smrekars. Yet they seem to have been dismissed without logical explanation. Twenty minutes seems like huge freaking deal. There’s never been any indication that there were gunshots on the 911 call, so how would they (LE) be so sure that the Smrekars accout is irrelevant?

Here’s the Smrekar interview:

Video: Jayme Closs neighbors heard two gunshots before a 911 call was made | Daily Mail Online
bbm
From what has officially been released, we don't know what is on the 911 tape. We do know that there was a "commotion" and from the contents there is good reason to believe that Jayme was alive when the 911 call disconnected. Law enforcement was on scene within 4 minutes of being dispached. The reason that the neighbors story doesn't seem to line up is the lack of any sign of the culprit (s) having ever been in the house. Nothing seems to have been moved or taken, no footprints, dna, fingerprints that seem to be from an intruder.
There is so much that seems to not make sense. And as the days go by, it seems less and less likely that there will be a positive outcome.

I’m guessing Fitzgerald has Kizer soze wall of logic that will make sense in a year.

Thanks Bob. This bit of brilliance gives me hope.

I am just glad to hear SOMEthing, ANYthing from Sheriff FitzGee, even if it does sound hokey. ‘Keep an eye out for anything hinky from your family and friends, and keep a light on.’ May we have a Christmas miracle.

Last edited:
Another Jennie-O recall, 164,000 lbs of ground turkey . . .
Jennie-O Turkey Store recalls 164,000 pounds of ground turkey products

There is definitely something rotten in Barron at the Jennie-O Turkey Store. This is just too coinky-dinky-hinky IMHO. Some folks may say this is not uncommon and the price of doing food business, but I disagree. I don’t know what, but I think there is some connection to this murder and abduction. Foodstuff contaminated with salmonella can irreparably damage a producer, and affect the livlihood of hundreds of people. What in the world is going on there??

bbm
From what has officially been released, we don't know what is on the 911 tape. We do know that there was a "commotion" and from the contents there is good reason to believe that Jayme was alive when the 911 call disconnected. Law enforcement was on scene within 4 minutes of being dispached. The reason that the neighbors story doesn't seem to line up is the lack of any sign of the culprit (s) having ever been in the house. Nothing seems to have been moved or taken, no footprints, dna, fingerprints that seem to be from an intruder.
There is so much that seems to not make sense. And as the days go by, it seems less and less likely that there will be a positive outcome.
Fair enough, I suppose, except that I don’t personally believe that lack of evidence in the house proves or disproves what the neighbors heard or when they heard it. They are the only human beings that we know of outside the Closs property that have anything at all resembling evidence. If they’re accurate, this actually becomes an even more bizarre mystery.

Too bad there isn’t a dog translator app. I’d love to hear what Jayme’s dog has to say!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnceAgain