GUILTY WI - Julie Jensen, 40, dies of antifreeze poisoning, Pleasant Prairie, 3 Dec 1998 *husband guilty*

I saw online that the Jensens (e.g., Mark and Kelly) are now divorced...does Kelly still have custody of Julie's youngest son?

I saw online that the Jensens (e.g., Mark and Kelly) are now divorced...does Kelly still have custody of Julie's youngest son?
Don't have an answer, but just the mention of her name makes me shudder. UGH. Just plain nasty.

Mark Jensen is right where he belongs and needs to stay for the remainder of his days.

judge was supposed to rule on September 11 about appeal but I can't find anything online

http://www.kenoshanews.com/news/fed...ns_to_arguments_in_jensen_case_479603899.html

The state appealed the case to the 7th Circuit, after a Milwaukee-based federal district judge overturned Jensen’s 2008 conviction for the 1998 death of his wife, Julie Jensen, at their Pleasant Prairie home.

The federal judge said statements Julie Jensen made — including a letter fingering her husband as the culprit were she to die — were improperly used at trial, and that a state appeals court erred when it found the inclusion of the statements was harmless error...

The three-judge panel made no decision Thursday, but has taken the case under advisement and will issue a ruling later.

Julie and Mark were my neighbors. My property butts up against theirs on the NW side. I will need to speak w/Ruth, Julie's friend who testified @ trial and who is my neighbor to the north, to see if she has been keeping abreast of the appellate decision. Not sure if she will have any insight to add, but will report back if she does.

Federal appeals court panel voids Wisconsin husband's antifreeze death conviction

By GREG MOORE, ASSOCIATED PRESS
September 09, 2015 - 8:10 PM

MILWAUKEE — A Wisconsin man found guilty of fatally poisoning his wife with antifreeze won an appeal that overturned his conviction, but he remained in prison Wednesday as prosecutors considered whether to seek a retrial.

http://m.startribune.com/politics/national/325929171.html

will be retried, wonder if they will use the same prison snitch from the first trial

wonder if his original trial lawyer Craig Albee is involved in his case now, I think he did a cracking job first time round and was far more informed about anti freeze and the science relating to it than many of the states experts, I am sure he must be very pleased that a retrial is happening as he really fought for his client during the trial

http://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/kenosha-man-convicted-of-killing-his-wife-back-in-court

A Kenosha man convicted of killing his wife and then having his guilty verdict thrown out is back in court, where prosecutors discussed a new piece of evidence...

The prosecutors say Jensen has written a book and now they want to use it in this upcoming trial...

Jensen's next court date is July 12. He had bond set in January, it's for $1.2 million. He has not been able to pay it so he remains in the Kenosha County jail.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back