GUILTY WI - Julie Jensen, 40, dies of antifreeze poisoning, Pleasant Prairie, 3 Dec 1998 *husband guilty*

wonder if they will still use the jailhouse snitch, if they know where he is,

this is a case that is never-ending, Julie died in 1998, MK convicted and sentenced to LWOP in 2008,

for the state some witnesses may have died, some may not be willing to testify again, lots of things will have changed throughout the years

Last edited:

Jambois is still trying. He submitted it to the Supreme Court and they may look at it

In August, attorneys with the Wisconsin Attorney General’s office filed a petition with the U.S. Supreme Court asking the justices to take up the issue of whether fear of a future crime would be “testimonial hearsay.” The state is asking the Supreme Court to consider whether Julie Jensen’s letter and voicemail should be considered as evidence.

The request was a longshot. The Supreme Court receives about 7,000 requests to review cases each year and takes only 100 to 150 of them.

But at a hearing last week, special prosecutor Robert Jambois told Milisauskas that since the court has now asked for a defense response to the state’s petition — and asked that they file that response more quickly than the deadline the defense has requested — it makes it more likely that the Supreme Court will take up the case. The court is asking for a defense response to be filed by Nov. 9.

Still, Jambois admitted, the likelihood that the Supreme Court will take up the case is remote enough that he suggested the Kenosha court continue to move toward trial. The case is now scheduled for a motion hearing in Milisauskas’s court on Jan. 10 and is on the calendar for trial in May 2022.

If the Supreme Court does decide to take up the case, the new trial will be put on hold.

Possible U.S. Supreme Court ruling could alter current trial schedule in Mark Jensen case

thanks for the updated information,[/QUOTE

I watched the original trial live and am currently re-watching it on CourtTV site, mostly to see Judge Schroeder again. I think the upcoming re-trial will be cleaner without the letter, the jail snitch, and a clarified cause of death. I agree Albee did a great job considering he had one hand tied behind his back with the prosecution's last minute switcheroo on the cause of death. But I still think there is sufficient evidence to find Jensen guilty.

I am probably one of the few that would have voted NG, I think his defence lawyer did a stellar job, especially in relation to anti freeze, the jail house snitch shouldn't have been allowed and the ME was changing and adding to her findings on the word of a jail house snitch. I am on the fence as to whether he is guilty but it got nowhere near BARD for me. I hope they stream his new trial.

Hey Joe, I'm with you. I thought and still think Jensen is innocent. This trial has upset me for 20 years. It's amazing that he was granted a new trial so many years ago, and still has not been retried. I really liked Albee too. I posted alot during the trial on court tv message boards. I got banned a lot too. One of my nics was "BannedSoon." After the trial one of the jurors who read my posts messaged me to tell me I was wrong.

Anyway, I hope he is retried sometime in my lifetime.

Hey Joe, I'm with you. I thought and still think Jensen is innocent. This trial has upset me for 20 years. It's amazing that he was granted a new trial so many years ago, and still has not been retried. I really liked Albee too. I posted alot during the trial on court tv message boards. I got banned a lot too. One of my nics was "BannedSoon." After the trial one of the jurors who read my posts messaged me to tell me I was wrong.

Anyway, I hope he is retried sometime in my lifetime.

It's set for May 2022 - I hope we all make it to that date and can post here as we follow. Jambois is special prosecutor. I wish the old CourtTV message boards were still available to read - it would be fun to go back and re-read what our impressions were back then.

It's set for May 2022 - I hope we all make it to that date and can post here as we follow. Jambois is special prosecutor. I wish the old CourtTV message boards were still available to read - it would be fun to go back and re-read what our impressions were back then.
I loved those court TV message boards, I watched many many trials live with fellow posters, I posted back then I wouldn't have voted to convict, one of my favourite trials I ever watched was Darren Mack who killed his wife, the hearing post the trial to try to get his plea deal overturned was wild, with the new lawyer Routsis (sp) he hired

I loved those court TV message boards, I watched many many trials live with fellow posters, I posted back then I wouldn't have voted to convict, one of my favourite trials I ever watched was Darren Mack who killed his wife, the hearing post the trial to try to get his plea deal overturned was wild, with the new lawyer Routsis (sp) he hired

Don't tell me you don't think Darren Mack was guilty (or we can't be friends LOL)

another year, the pandemic has had a big effect on the justice system, it will likely take years to even get back to where they were pre pandemic

I keep my eye on this case, soon will be November where pre trial motions will be argued, then January 2023 for a five week trial, I have posted many times of my belief that he is NG,

we shall see how this plays out this time, Julie was killed in 1998 and 24/25 years later he will be retried for murder, it took years before he was first convicted, he was charged in 2002 but his trial wasn't held till 2008, so he has been convicted for 14 years before he was successful in his appeal, I wonder if they will find the jail house snitch and how many witnesses who also testified at first trial are alive and available to testify again

Reactions: byo
Who is watching this trial right now? I live in WI and find this case interesting.

Has anyone watched the first trial and how strong did you see the evidence or lack thereof?

Will this be moved to the 'Trials' section?

I keep my eye on this case, soon will be November where pre trial motions will be argued, then January 2023 for a five week trial, I have posted many times of my belief that he is NG,

we shall see how this plays out this time, Julie was killed in 1998 and 24/25 years later he will be retried for murder, it took years before he was first convicted, he was charged in 2002 but his trial wasn't held till 2008, so he has been convicted for 14 years before he was successful in his appeal, I wonder if they will find the jail house snitch and how many witnesses who also testified at first trial are alive and available to testify again
Who is watching this trial right now? I live in WI and find this case interesting.

Has anyone watched the first trial and how strong did you see the evidence or lack thereof?

Will this be moved to the 'Trials' section?
I watched the first trial, his attorney IMO was excellent, he had learned all about anti-freeze and could cross examine the experts rigorously, I did not think state proved its case beyond a reasonable doubt

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back