WI WI - Kayla Berg, 15, Wausau, 11 Aug 2009

I have a question for everyone - what is the name of the boyfriend in this case and what is his story?
I know the last person to see her alive was Kevin J. Kielcheski. I have seen people post about him as KK and about her boyfriend as MM, but have never seen her boyfriend's name or the details. Does anyone know his name?
Also, I have so many questions:How did she not know that the boyfriend would not be home and that the home was condemned?

I've never heard the 19 year old boyfriend's name. I'd like to know it myself so I can do some research on him. There is a name for adults who hang around with and date children. The whole condemned house story where her boyfriend allegedly lived is pretty sketchy. We don't even know the address. How can anyone recall something that happened around the house when no one even knows the address?

When was the last time he was there?

No one knows.

Did she contact the boyfriend at all that day?

Another unanswered question.

What is the boyfriend's alibi?

Unknown.

Are there any businesses in the area with video cameras that could have confirmed KK's timeline.

Unknown. After 7 years, probably not.

Kevin Kielcheski's 2003 graduating class list from Antigo High School (Four with the initials MM):

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~antigowis/research/schools/antigo/2003.html

http://www.wsaw.com/home/headlines/1983_Homicide_Case_still_Priority_for_Investigators_149863005.html

It's been nearly 30 years since 20-year-old Jeanette Marie Baneck disappeared while walking home from the North Central Health Care in Wausau in late February in 1983. There were few clues and little evidence surrounding Jeanette’s disappearance. Then, in early November Jeanette's skeletal remains were found by a hunter in a wooded area south of Highway 29 in Weston, less than two miles from her home.

North Central Health Care is 1.4 miles (a 27 min. walk) from Colonial Manor Medical and Rehab Center, 1010 East Wausau Avenue, Wausau, WI, which is very near to where Kayla Berg disappeared from. I'm not implying any connection but could there be a possibility that, if Kayla Berg was kidnapped and murdered, that her remains could be found near where Jeanette Baneck's remains were found?

There was another murder in Wisconsin in July, 1969, where the victim, Stephanie Marie Casberg was dumped alongside a road in Racine County and 30 years later another body, Racine County Jane Doe, was dumped about 400 yards from where Casberg's body was dumped, on the same side of the road. It's not uncommon for serial killers to dispose of bodies in the same location as a previous one.

It wouldn't be too hard to have a cadaver dog search the area.

On another note, there's another open murder case that has connections to this same area; Amber Wilde, where his girlfriend at the time, Sara Buserow, now Sara Petit, of a named POI in her homicide, Nick Petit, supposedly saw her vehicle in Wausau even though the police had never released a description of her vehicle. His friend, another named POI, Matthew John Schneider. was named by the police as a suspect in her disappearance and death.

Interestingly, Petit has a person with the last name of Kielcheski listed on his Facebook page. Kevin Kielchescki was the last one to see Kayla alive. Like Petit, he also has heavy equipment operator listed on his Facebook page. Highway 29 in Shawano County (serial killer capital of Wisconsin) was searched as a possible disposable site of Amber Wilde by Schneider where it was rumored she was buried during road construction.

Is it possible that these two Kielcheski's are related, and if so, would this be a possible link between two different murders with ties to the Wausau area?

Troy W. Kielcheski

https://www.facebook.com/troy.kielcheski

works at James Peterson & Sons:

https://www.facebook.com/James-Peterson-and-Sons-Inc-139582836133419/

Friends on Facebook with Nick Petit (POI with Matthew John Schneider)

https://www.facebook.com/troy.kielcheski/friends?source_ref=pb_friends_tl

Nick Petit’s Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/nick.petit.10

also works at James Peterson & Sons:

https://www.facebook.com/James-Peterson-and-Sons-Inc-139582836133419/?pnref=lhc

Kevin J. Kielcheski

https://www.facebook.com/kevin.kielcheski

Relief Operator at Sartori Cheese
Former pick things up and put them down at Heavy Equipment Operator
----------------------------------------\

WS's Amber Wilde forum:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...mber-Wilde-19-pregnant-Green-Bay-23-Sept-1998

This makes no sense. I have heard many stories of the police interviewing the boyfriend. How is it that no one has his name?

I have a question for everyone - what is the name of the boyfriend in this case and what is his story?
I know the last person to see her alive was Kevin J. Kielcheski. I have seen people post about him as KK and about her boyfriend as MM, but have never seen her boyfriend's name or the details. Does anyone know his name?
Also, I have so many questions:How did she not know that the boyfriend would not be home and that the home was condemned?

Did the boyfriend live there at some point?

When was the last time he was there?

Did she contact the boyfriend at all that day?

What is the boyfriend's alibi?

Are there any businesses in the area with video cameras that could have confirmed KK's timeline.

Thanks! Keep Sleuthing!

I read in some of the first articles that she stopped by a McDonald's to say hi to a friend. Not sure if that was a girl friend or the boyfriend. Trying to pull up a link, but the site is giving me h#

This makes no sense. I have heard many stories of the police interviewing the boyfriend. How is it that no one has his name?

If her boyfriend was a minor at the time his name might have been redacted from any police reports.

If her boyfriend was a minor at the time his name might have been redacted from any police reports.

One of her brother's friends, Kevin Kielcheski, age 24, a friend of Kayla's brother, Brandon, age 24, picked Kayla up at her father's house at about 8:30 p.m. The two arrived at McDonald's half an hour later. Kayla ran inside, talked briefly with her friend, and then left. She had told her friend she planned to ride around in the car for a while.

Kevin Kielcheski stated he dropped Kayla off at her boyfriend's (MM's) house in Wausau." Wausau is 34 miles from Antigo.

Hope Sprenger, Kayla's mother, didn't approve of the boyfriend. "I didn't feel comfortable that he was 19 she was 15," she said.

The brother's friend said he last saw Kayla when she got out of his vehicle and walked toward a house she said was that of her boyfriend, (MM).

"He figured it was about 10 p.m. when he dropped her off. ... He said it was dark." Roller said. The friend accurately described the house, which is in downtown Wausau and surrounded by other homes and businesses.

Investigators and Kayla's mother question why Kayla would have requested a ride to that house. It had been condemned by the health department weeks earlier and was undergoing renovations. Kayla's mother said Kayla knew no one had been living there.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/21/grace.coldcase.kayla.berg/

Kayla's mother reached out to the driver who gave her daughter a ride. She says she received two text messages from him.
"I had said, 'Hey, where's Kayla, and where did you drop her off?' " Sprenger said. "He said, 'I don't know.' "
Since then, Sprenger said, most of her contact has been with the driver's attorney or his parents.
"Once he got a lawyer involved, no one could talk to him," Roller said.
The driver's attorney did not return CNN's calls seeking comment.

The bottom line is, what is a 19 year old doing with a 15 year old minor? In the Amber Wilde situation I described below, she was most likely killed because of the pregnancy...and she wasn't even a minor. What would Kayla's boyfriend be facing if he had gotten Kayla pregnant?

Like the police said, Kayla's friends were all uncooperative. What does that tell you? If I was a true friend, and not guilty of covering up a kidnapping and probable homicide, I'd be on here answering questions to help my friend.

And now you know why Shawano County is the serial killer capital of Wisconsin.

One of her brother's friends, Kevin Kielcheski, age 24, a friend of Kayla's brother, Brandon, age 24, picked Kayla up at her father's house at about 8:30 p.m. The two arrived at McDonald's half an hour later. Kayla ran inside, talked briefly with her friend, and then left. She had told her friend she planned to ride around in the car for a while.

Kevin Kielcheski stated he dropped Kayla off at her boyfriend's (MM's) house in Wausau." Wausau is 34 miles from Antigo.

Hope Sprenger, Kayla's mother, didn't approve of the boyfriend/. "I didn't feel comfortable that he was 19 she was 15," she said.

The brother's friend said he last saw Kayla when she got out of his vehicle and walked toward a house she said was that of her boyfriend, (MM).

"He figured it was about 10 p.m. when he dropped her off. ... He said it was dark." Roller said. The friend accurately described the house, which is in downtown Wausau and surrounded by other homes and businesses.

Investigators and Kayla's mother question why Kayla would have requested a ride to that house. It had been condemned by the health department weeks earlier and was undergoing renovations. Kayla's mother said Kayla knew no one had been living there.

The bottom line is, what is a 19 year old doing with a 15 year old minor? In the Amber Wilde situation I described below, she was most likely killed because of the pregnancy...and she wasn't even a minor. What would Kayla's boyfriend be facing if he had gotten Kayla pregnant?

Like the police said, Kayla's friends were all uncooperative. What does that tell you? If I was a true friend, and not guilty of covering up a kidnapping and probable homicide, I'd be on here answering questions to help my friend.

Wow! Thanks for the recap. I can't believe they couldn't at least charge the boyfriend with endangering the welfare of a minor or something. Or did he deny everything? That whole story is fishy

I'm sure many people have his name, but, until he is publicly named as a person of interest or a suspect by LE, his name can't be shown on WS's. We can use his initials here <mod snip>

Wow! Thanks for the recap. I can't believe they couldn't at least charge the boyfriend with endangering the welfare of a minor or something. Or did he deny everything? That whole story is fishy

He was arrested but charges were dropped.

He was arrested but charges were dropped.
What was a 15 year old doing with a 24 year old?! It sounds like he was the last to see her and why drop her off at a known condemned house at 10:00 pm?
Even if he didn't know it was condemned it would have been completely dark. Would you have left a 15 year old alone at a completely dark house? I know he has lawyered up but his story
doesn't make sense.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Horrible case, poor family.
I would never want to accuse anyone without knowing much evidence, but I have to say, ANY time I have followed a missing persons case where a young lady was dropped off and the last guy to see
her "didn't see her go inside" he has turned out to be responsible. Nice young men do not drop young ladies off in the dark and speed off without knowing she got in OK.

Horrible case, poor family. I would never want to accuse anyone without knowing much evidence, but I have to say, ANY time I have followed a missing persons case where a young lady was dropped off and the last guy to see her "didn't see her go inside" he has turned out to be responsible. Nice young men do not drop young ladies off in the dark and speed off without knowing she got in OK.

It brings up more questions. Whose idea was it to be dropped off there? Kayla's? Kevin's? The boyfriend's (MM's)?

Was Kayla set up? Was this a drug drop gone bad? Why didn't any of Kayla's friends cooperate with the police? Whose marijuana was it that they were smoking? How do we know that Kevin didn't give her other drugs that she may have overdosed on?

Just for the fact that Kayla told her friend at McD's that she was just going to drive around for awhile and that suddenly turned into a 45 minute trip to another city to be dropped off at a house where her mother said "Kayla knew no one was living there" tells me the 'plans' changed drastically.

I have a hard time swallowing that one.

Since Kayla didn't have a cellphone how were the initial arrangements made to be picked up? Who called who for the pickup? There's a phone record of that, I'm sure.

One of her brother's friends picked Kayla up at her father's house at about 8:30 p.m. The two arrived at McDonald's half an hour later. Kayla ran inside, talked briefly with her friend, and then left. She had told her friend she planned to ride around in the car for a while.

What were they doing for the first half hour after she was originally picked up at her father's house? I was recently at the Antigo High School 'Bell' game against Rhinelander High School where Rhinelander got soundly whipped. It sure doesn't take a half hour to get from McDonald's to anywhere in the tiny 8,000 population town.

It appears drugs are pretty prevalent in Antigo when even the high school teachers are selling it.

http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/Former_Antigo_teachercoach_pleads_to_drug_charges_160849895.html

[QUOTEA former Antigo High School football coach and retired special education teacher has been sentenced to six months in jail after pleading guilty to drug charges][/QUOTE]

3 months in jail sure sends a message to the kids in Antigo. Especially the adults who smoke pot with the children.

http://www.wsaw.com/home/headlines/Fmr-Antigo-Prinicipal-Coach-Expected-to-Reach-Plea-Deal-186798181.html

I wondered if he was also the gymnastics coach? This is why Shawano County is the serial killer capital of Wisconsin.

I thought the Vehicle of Interest was a truck with some sort of weird box in the truck bed. But, the friend stated Kayle was going to ride around in "the car." The car was seized and processed.

Cadaver dogs turned up no trail and no scent of Kayla at or near the boyfriend's home. The car she was riding in was seized and processed for evidence. Police still have the car, but investigators will not comment on the evidence collected.

Exactly where was the boyfriend if he was not at the condemned property? I don't find it particularly surprising Kayla's friends were uncooperative with the investigation if drugs were involved.

I find it to be problematic that the person who gave a ride to Kayla is being alibied by his parents. Just one of those things that make me go hmmmmmm....

Did he have a cell phone at the time he gave Kayla a ride? If so, was it ever pinged? Kayla's mother reports receiving 2 texts from him.

Kayla's mother reached out to the driver who gave her daughter a ride. She says she received two text messages from him.

"I had said, 'Hey, where's Kayla, and where did you drop her off?' " Sprenger said. "He said, 'I don't know.' "

It has been over 7 years since Kayla disappeared. That's too long! Her family deserves answers. It's time to bring Kayla home!

Did he have a cell phone at the time he gave Kayla a ride? If so, was it ever pinged? Kayla's mother reports receiving 2 texts from him.

As far as the 'car' goes, maybe he was driving a truck and only said he was driving the car.

Whether he had a cellphone or not during the trip was never revealed from what I've seen, though I know he was texted by the mother afterwards. Considering the police first had Kayla pegged as a runaway at first, without proof, tells me they probably didn't have the wherewithal to ping Kielcheski's phone either.

This Kielcheski guy must have been really smooth when he talked to the police. Of course, he had almost a week to get his act down.

Is there a link between Kayla and the principal, his BIL, and the retired football coach other than the maybe gymnastics coach? It is curious that 2 high profile members of this community ended up charged regarding marijuana with the history reported that Kayla smoked a joint with Kielcheski. Thinking they were uncovered during Kayla's ongoing disappearance investigation...

Nice young men do not drop young ladies off in the dark and speed off without knowing she got in OK.

Sometimes people act senselessly, my now 17 year old son's good friend's parents (attorney and dept head at the local college) got upset with their kid for talking back while they were having a sleepover and dropped my son off. They didn't wait for him to get inside or call us to let us know what was going on. It was dark and chilly and he was 12. It still makes me mad. We were out for dinner and fortunately he was able to get in touch with us and we got home quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That said, I have no excuse for all the weirdness that contributed to this case being so convoluted.

Sometimes people act senselessly, my now 17 year old son's good friend's parents (attorney and dept head at the local college) got upset with their kid for talking back while they were having a sleepover and dropped my son off. They didn't wait for him to get inside or call us to let us know what was going on. It was dark and chilly and he was 12. It still makes me mad. We were out for dinner and fortunately he was able to get in touch with us and we got home quickly.

Yes, that would make me mad too! It seems like Kayla's family life was chaotic - moving to Texas, moving back to Wisconsin, last weeks summer. . . Not making excuses, just understanding that her home life was not perfect.

I thought the Vehicle of Interest was a truck with some sort of weird box in the truck bed. But, the friend stated Kayle was going to ride around in "the car." The car was seized and processed.

A discussion on the Missing Kayla Berg Facebook website regarding the vehicle:

Does anyone know what the house look like that she got dropped off at? Or the car she was last seen in?

Mary, it was a maroon house with rock on the bottom half. It was on highway 52 just as you come into Wausau from the east. The vehicle was a green Durango.

It was not a green blazer.

A Durango

PS the cops took that vehicle.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/101461496568847/

The house in question...

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm176/pleasestandby2/1017a_zpszmspslmv.jpg

As far as the occupant of the above home at the time goes, before he moved there from Langlade County, WCCA shows he had defaulted on a loan for $7,910.00 taken out from a credit union in Antigo, WI (Langlade County) and served with a summons on 7/27/2009. (Kayla disappeared 8/11/2009, fifteen days later) On 08-24-2009, the courts received a 'Return of unclaimed/undelivered mail service' 'Moved Left No Address'. Since this was a Langlade County court case it can be pretty well assumed he was living in Langlade County at the time he took the loan out.

Marathon County court records show a judgment for replevin at this same address for 09/28/2010.

The Court will thereafter issue a judgment and authorize issuance of a Writ of Replevin, which is served by a sheriff's deputy, working in conjunction with persons hired or employed by the creditor to take the collateral or other property into its possession.

So, since his vehicle he had gotten from the loan was seized by the creditor as late as September, 2010 at this same Wausau address, that would mean he was still living there after Kayla disappeared.

His father had lived about a block east and his brother lives 9 blocks west of this Wausau address. Court records show they had also lived in the same general neighborhood for a few years. I believe a sister or close relation of the ex-wife of the father also lived in Antigo in the same area where Kayla lived. I don't know whether Kayla's address was still on 5th Avenue at the time.

Other public court records show that the brother is a registered sex offender currently living west of where Kayla disappeared. A complaint was filed 03-31-2003 for the following charges in Langlade County and Marathon County against the father and the brother for the following assorted charges; 3rd Degree Sexual Assault (from what I read there were two sexual assault charges, one in Marathon County and one in Langlade County, thus the felony bail jumping charge), felony bail jumping, disorderly conduct, battery, criminal damage to property, carrying a concealed weapon and theft of moveable property involving 4 or 5 different cases from two counties that were lumped together.

If I read the 3rd Degree Sexual Assault charge correctly, the brother received 6 1/2 years in prison and was released from prison right before Kayla disappeared.

Kayla would have graduated in 2011 with her friends and fellow classmates. It's time for the uncooperative ones to start cooperating with the police to help catch the killer(s). Now that many of you now have children of your own (according to your Facebook pages), you should want this person or persons off your children's streets. Call 715-627-6411 or stop in at the Langlade County Sheriff's Office.

2011 Antigo High School Graduates, City of Antigo, Langlade County, Wisconsin

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~antigowis/research/schools/antigo/2011.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanO9600
Back