WI WI - Kenosha Co, near Soo Line RR tracks, Male 39-60, UP4762, mustache, tattooed forearm, Aug'93

He has a new match over 100 cM and about 100 matches over 40 cM, I am wondering what is the reason he has still not been identified?
It's possible that he's one of the cases that they have to wait for COVID to settle down to formally announce the identification of.

bump
His Doe Network page has more info on his dentals (he has "4 upper front teeth", so I'm guessing only the 4 front teeth were still present and all other upper teeth were gone?) and a better pic of his shoes, which do look like moccasin-style shoes and leads me to believe he did identify as indigenous.
1769UMWI6_LARGE.jpg

Last edited:
Still nothing.

This one is another local-to-me case I keep my eye on. I do appreciate that the DNA Doe Case folks are working on this; they move slowly though.

Still nothing.

This one is another local-to-me case I keep my eye on. I do appreciate that the DNA Doe Case folks are working on this; they move slowly though.

Unfortunately if they don't get high enough matches on the database, it can take a very long time. It's not their fault... and it's why we need to encourage everyone to upload their DNA to GEDmatch.

1712448420873.png

Are there no missing Native American men (with possibly one European grandparent or ggparent) from that time frame recorded? Can tribes trace their members?
Also, isotopes claim he was First Nations, while DNA says he was from a Southern indigenous tribe. Which i actually would agree on since the panther paws are not found in First Nations imagery. Even more so with the Feathered Serpent tattoo, this is a symbol of Mesoamerican tribes. He could be Mesoamerican indigenous but he does not have the typical Hispanic signature with a high West Mediterranean European and a bit of African influx. He is at least three quarter fully Native and the rest Middle European, not Iberian.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back