Found Deceased WI - Major Harris, 3, mom killed, La Crosse, 9 Oct 2021 *POI Fnd Deceased; Arrests*

Major Harris' father says he will bury his son in Madison

The boy's father told WISN 12 News on Saturday that the medical examiner did not notify him that his son's body had been released to a La Crosse funeral home.

And so, Carlton Harris said he stepped in and took custody of Major Harris' body, and the child will be buried in Madison, instead of with his mother in La Crosse as Harris originally said.

"So being that that was done, I wish the Muenzenberger family ... All my condolences go out to those people because I did love their daughter. But they can worry about burying their daughter, and I'll worry about burying my son," Carlton Harris said.

Major Harris' father says he will bury his son in Madison

The boy's father told WISN 12 News on Saturday that the medical examiner did not notify him that his son's body had been released to a La Crosse funeral home.

And so, Carlton Harris said he stepped in and took custody of Major Harris' body, and the child will be buried in Madison, instead of with his mother in La Crosse as Harris originally said.

"So being that that was done, I wish the Muenzenberger family ... All my condolences go out to those people because I did love their daughter. But they can worry about burying their daughter, and I'll worry about burying my son," Carlton Harris said.

I hope he changes his mind and lets her family keep them together.

They already tried to strong-arm those two (presumably) witnesses into making statements so what we have is as much as we're likely to get. There's a cultural unwillingness to cooperate with authorities. Any blame that can be squeezed out will be laid 100% on the guy who killed himself.

I don't understand why everything changed. First, Major's father was okay with him being buried with his mom, and now he isn't because the MEDICAL EXAMINER didn't notify him? Something isn't adding up. Why the sudden change of heart? Very strange. I do hope he changes his mind again though.

I don't understand why everything changed. First, Major's father was okay with him being buried with his mom, and now he isn't because the MEDICAL EXAMINER didn't notify him? Something isn't adding up. Why the sudden change of heart? Very strange. I do hope he changes his mind again though.
There have been multiple news articles saying the CH was estranged from the Muenzenberger family.

Honestly, It feels like every week I'm reading about children being killed in the US, mostly from a drive by shooting in certain cities.

I know it's not the only country that child deaths happen, but we get a lot of US news here. Tragic. What is going on in the world where a child's life seems so little.:(
Drive by shooting deaths in the US aren’t prevalent. It’s more mommies bf killing kids over here, and regular parental child abuse.

Drive by shooting deaths in the US aren’t prevalent. It’s more mommies bf killing kids over here, and regular parental child abuse.
In certain cities there are a lot more drive by's and gun homicides of children than abuse related deaths. Milwaukee is one of those cities, unfortunately.

Statement: 3-year-old Major Harris to be laid to rest in Madison, not La Crosse
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- A legal battle appears to be brewing over the custody of the body of Major Harris, the 3-year-old found murdered in Milwaukee on Thursday, Oct. 21.

WKBT reports the family of Major's mother, Mallery Muenzenberger -- who was also killed in Milwaukee -- may be hiring an attorney to prevent Carlton Harris, Major's father, from burying Major in Madison.

[...]

"Once Majors body was discovered and Carleton told the authorities he could be buried with his mother, the family reached out to the local funeral home. Awaiting our Major in his casket are his teddy bear and blankie along with the new pair of shoes he never got to wear -to take with him on his journey home."

NEW STATEMENT FROM MUENZENBERGER FAMILY:

"The family of Mallery Muenzenberger and Major Harris have been faced with yet another heartache in their efforts to provide a peaceful burial for Mallery and Major. Only yesterday the biological father of Major, Carleton Harris told the family and the world as he announced it the media that it was his intention as well as the Muenzenbergers to have Major be buried with his mother. On Friday, 10/22/21 Carleton Harris told the medical examiner that Major would be going to Lacrosse for burial. But, later that night after the body was released and enroute to Lacrosse, Carleton recanted and stopped this process. He informed the funeral home that they could no longer take the body of Major Harris to Lacrosse and insisted the body be taken to Madison. He told the family “You can bury your daughter where you want, and I will be burying my son in Madison”. The family of Mallery attempted to reach out to him to discuss the situation and to suggest he have a service with his family and friends in Madison and then allow Major to be transported to Lacrosse to be buried with his mother. Carleton became extremely agitated and threatened to sue the Muenzenberger family along with the spokesperson who initiated the call to him. He stated he will be hiring a lawyer and plans to sue the Milwaukee Police Department as well. He would not have a conversation and would not allow the spokesperson to discuss compromising. The family would like Carleton to continue to plan his services and have time with little Major, but they are pleading for this baby boy to be allowed to be with his mother at her final resting place in Lacrosse. As Majors step mother states, “Major is already in his mothers arms and with our Lord. We realize the burial is a formality. But, we feel strongly that his remains should be laid to rest beside his mother who fought so hard for him.”

Statement: 3-year-old Major Harris to be laid to rest in Madison, not La Crosse

In certain cities there are a lot more drive by's and gun homicides of children than abuse related deaths. Milwaukee is one of those cities, unfortunately.
while i feel that isnt true, i do think that some cities have higher rate of gun deaths than others. i just think there are more deaths by abuse though.

What a sad turn of events. My heard breaks for the Muenzenberger family.

I wonder if the local advocates that Major’s bio-father has been involved with, have anything to with his change of mind.

Last edited:
What a sad turn of events. My heard breaks for the Muenzenberger.

I wonder if the local advocates that Major’s bio-father has been involved with, have anything to with his change of mind.
I have worked with the Sojourner Family Peace Center and the OVP with antiviolence initiatives in the city in the past. I doubt they have anything to do with this, just from my prior work with them. CH is, I believe, from Madison... but don't quote me on that.

ETA just found 10-12 prior addresses for CH in Madison, looks like he was born and raised there.

Last edited:
Major's father is worried about the wrong things. Can't this child have a little peace at last? Come on.
You may want to Google CH's name and Major and see what pops up written today other than his statement. It's not a MSM source but I did some fact checking on their sources and it all checks out. I think there is a reason why he does not want the funeral to be in La Crosse, and based off that article and what is circulating on social media comments and the Muenzenbergers' statement, it's pretty easy to read between the lines here.

"As the tragedy in the lives of Mallery Muenzenberger and Major Harris continues to unfold, Mallery’s family made the choice to allow Mallery to be laid to rest. She no longer lives in fear. Mallery was laid to rest in a beautiful, private service with many of her family and a few close friends. As difficult as it was for us to be together knowing Majors body is continuing to be held in waiting, we know in our hearts that Major and Mallery are together in God’s hands. We will continue to hold on to the hope that Carlton Harris makes the right decision as he originally announced to the world, to allow this child to be buried beside his mother. We pray Major Harris will be allowed to rest in peace and this horrific tragedy can be allowed to rest as well. We pray for justice to be served for both of these beautiful souls."

Muenzenberger family statement: Mallery 'no longer lives in fear'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back