Identified! WI - Racine Co., WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, cauliflower ear, western shirt, July'99 - Peggy Lynn Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if Sandy Pathresa Rea was ruled out for Racine Jane Doe? I understand there's a height difference but there's also a large span of time between the two incidents in which she could have grown a few inches. The similarities are a bit scary. Both had a deformity on the right ear. Both had double pierced ears, and to me, the facial resemblance is there. Has this potential match been looked at already?

http://www.nampn.org/cases/rea_sandy.html

Hi there, internetgirl101 :)

To the best of knowledge, no, she has not been ruled out. I don't even know if she was ever submitted as a possible match. But like I said in another post, Sandy was very close to 18 when she vanished, and the human growth process, except for a few exceptions (like acromegaly, for instance), stops around the age of 18. As for the ears, yes, RJD had a cauliflowered ear, but that is NOT what they said about Sandy, and I quote (from nampn) : "The top of her right ear bends down and is smaller than her left ear." So we are obviously not talking about a cauliflowered ear here. Of course, this is nothing but my OHO.

Have a great day! :)

Hello there, carbuff! :)

Since Sandy was reported missing at 17, her growth process was almost at its end. IMHO, it is thus extremely doubtful that she could have gained 6" (she stood at 5'2" when she vanished) before she turned 18, that is about only 2 months after she disappeared. The human growth process really gets into high gears at puberty, and stops between ages 16 to 18. So, if you add this to the appendectomy scar, the freckles, the ears, etc., I believe that we can safely assume that Sandy is NOT RJD. But again, I want to stress that it is JMHO, and nothing else. :(

Have a great day! :)

Sandy Rea would be too old. Date last seen September 19, 1984; age 17. Racine JD; age 18-30 according to NamUs; 15 years between Sandy going missing & RJD being found which would put Sandy at 32.

Thanks guys! You're all right! Too many things not matching up too well. Good bump for this girl anyway! Hope she's identified soon. My hopes are high.

Sandy Rea would be too old. Date last seen September 19, 1984; age 17. Racine JD; age 18-30 according to NamUs; 15 years between Sandy going missing & RJD being found which would put Sandy at 32.

Hello Roselvr :)

I must admit that when I checked and compared Sandy's and RJD's descriptions, I did NOT focus on the age, for, IF I remember correctly, they (various agencies, maybe even LE and ME) have at a point broadened the age range (for RJD, I mean) from 14 to 25, then 15 to 30, and then from 15 to 35! In short, age is NOT necessarily THE main issue here, although IMHO, I very much doubt that RJD was 30 or over. But I always remember the very first rule we learn in criminology : "NEVER assume ANYTHING". Because IF we do, we're facing, among other hurdles, the TWO MAIN pitfalls of ANY criminal investigation, that is "tunnel vision" and "linkage blindness".

Thank you for your comment and have a great day! :)

Thanks guys! You're all right! Too many things not matching up too well. Good bump for this girl anyway! Hope she's identified soon. My hopes are high.

And so are mine! Have a nice day, internetgirl101, and let's all hope and pray that sooner rather than later, RJD will not only get her name back, but justice as well!

Hello to each and everyone of you! :)

Yesterday, as I was perusing through several sites about missing/unidentified persons, I happened to stumble upon something that made me burst laughing! For YES, we humans too often tend to focus way too much on pictures, facial reconstructions and the like in order to establish whether one unidentified person resembles a missing one, for instance. But here is a most fascinating experience made by one of our most famous photographers here, in Québec, François Brunelle. He took pictures of people who are NOT related in any way, shape or form, BUT look so much alike that they could be believed to be twins, or at the very least, very closely related indeed. A most enlightening (and entertaining!) watch, to say the least! :

http://www.wbtv.com/slideshow?widgetid=147955&clienttype=generic&mobilecgbypass

IMHO, just shows how we can miscontrue almost anything for something that is NOT! In other words, we human beings too often tend to see what we WANT to see, most especially so when it comes to people, things, concepts, etc, that we hold dear...like finding someone's identity or the whereabouts of a missing person, for instance. And yes, since I am a human being, I am also given to that kind of distorted perception, alas, and yes again, it can lead to tunnel vision, among other things.

Have a great Sunday, everyone! :)

Hi everyone!

I just came across this one particular case :

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mississippi-Missing-and-Unidentified/151009354954808

It is a post about Alicia Allen, missing since AFTER May of 1995, from Biloxi, Mississipi. It is said that she has 2 children. In the case of RJD, I know it was never stated that she might have given birth sometime in her life, but still...What is striking about this case, is not only the haunting picture of Alicia Allen, but also the fact that I NEVER, EVER saw her on sites like The Doe Network, The Charley Project, etc. I wonder...At any rate, here's her picture. I'm really curious about your thoughts on the subject.

11071746_822209477834789_6501238518361763552_n.jpg

Hi everyone!

I just came across this one particular case :

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mississippi-Missing-and-Unidentified/151009354954808

It is a post about Alicia Allen, missing since AFTER May of 1995, from Biloxi, Mississipi. It is said that she has 2 children. In the case of RJD, I know it was never stated that she might have given birth sometime in her life, but still...What is striking about this case, is not only the haunting picture of Alicia Allen, but also the fact that I NEVER, EVER saw her on sites like The Doe Network, The Charley Project, etc. I wonder...At any rate, here's her picture. I'm really curious about your thoughts on the subject.

View attachment 71470

Thanks! I sent them a PM to see if anyone entered her in NamUs; also have an email to Michael Nance ready to go if needed.

Thanks! I sent them a PM to see if anyone entered her in NamUs; also have an email to Michael Nance ready to go if needed.

Hi Roselvr! Thank you so very much! Like I said, I know it's a VERY long shot indeed, but still...If you hear anything back, please do let me know, if you don't mind, that is!

Have a great day!

I believe this might be my half-sister Erin. We have the same mom but different dads. Our mother died when we were 8 and 13 back in '88. We went to live with our maternal aunt until Erin turned 17 and lived with her friends and their families. She did have cognitive disabilities because our mother did not take care of herself when she was pregnant and we both had bad dental problems as kids. I last saw Erin in 1995 when she came to my middle school graduation. She was still living with friends in IL. The recreation looks like a ringer for our mother. The last time we heard from her was in 1998 when she was supposedly living in MA with her bf. She said she was moving and would write to us when she got settled down but never did. She had started to isolate herself from us because she felt like she had been robbed for her childhood for having to take care of me and our mother who was mentally ill. Our aunt died that same year and when Erin did not contact me or came to the funeral, people assumed that she didn't want anything to do with us. I would scour social media and never found her. I ran into her old friends who said that they heard that she "fell off the face of the Earth" back in IL. Her ex-boyfriend said they broke up and never saw her again. I tried and tried to file a missing person's report but was told that I could only file it where she was last seen which makes no sense because the last time I saw her was in 1995 in MI. I wouldn't say that she hung out with a bad crowd but she was very vunerable.

I believe this might be my half-sister Erin. We have the same mom but different dads. Our mother died when we were 8 and 13 back in '88. We went to live with our maternal aunt until Erin turned 17 and lived with her friends and their families. She did have cognitive disabilities because our mother did not take care of herself when she was pregnant and we both had bad dental problems as kids. I last saw Erin in 1995 when she came to my middle school graduation. She was still living with friends in IL. The recreation looks like a ringer for our mother. The last time we heard from her was in 1998 when she was supposedly living in MA with her bf. She said she was moving and would write to us when she got settled down but never did. She had started to isolate herself from us because she felt like she had been robbed for her childhood for having to take care of me and our mother who was mentally ill. Our aunt died that same year and when Erin did not contact me or came to the funeral, people assumed that she didn't want anything to do with us. I would scour social media and never found her. I ran into her old friends who said that they heard that she "fell off the face of the Earth" back in IL. Her ex-boyfriend said they broke up and never saw her again. I tried and tried to file a missing person's report but was told that I could only file it where she was last seen which makes no sense because the last time I saw her was in 1995 in MI. I wouldn't say that she hung out with a bad crowd but she was very vunerable.
I think you should contact the detectives and get the DNA process going.
Thanks for sharing.

Would you please post a photo of Erin? Everybody has been searching for this girls identity for so many years, so we are just curious how she might actually looked, compared to how her recon looks. My prayers are with you.

An entry has been started into NamUs for her. Someone gave her to me on Never Forget Me several days back and I started her information into the system then. While I do not think it is available online yet, she is NamUS MP#28610.

Would you please post a photo of Erin? Everybody has been searching for this girls identity for so many years, so we are just curious how she might actually looked, compared to how her recon looks. My prayers are with you.

I have to find one but they would all be before she was 16 or 17. There are very striking similarities except for the skin tone and the shape of the head is a bit smaller. I will see if I can find any from her old friends.

Here is her NamUs profile Local Contact Racine Cnty Med Examiner 262-636-3303. There is also a FB page; here is the info from there -
On July 21, 1999, I was located in Racine County, Wisconsin, USA. I am between 18 and 30 years old, 5 feet 8 inches tall, 120 pounds, brown hair, brown/hazel eyes. If you know who I am, please call the Racine County Sheriff's Office at (262) 886-2300.

Here is her NamUs profile Local Contact Racine Cnty Med Examiner 262-636-3303. There is also a FB page; here is the info from there -
On July 21, 1999, I was located in Racine County, Wisconsin, USA. I am between 18 and 30 years old, 5 feet 8 inches tall, 120 pounds, brown hair, brown/hazel eyes. If you know who I am, please call the Racine County Sheriff's Office at (262) 886-2300.

I, for one, would sure like to see a picture of Erin and/of her mother, and, if possible, know her middle and last name, as well as how old she would have been in 1999. There could be a possibility that she was reported missing somewhere, and I think it would help tremendously in maybe, just maybe, narrowing down the search for the identity of Racine Jane Doe.

Thanks to each and everyone of you for your fantastic inputs!

Have a great day!

I, for one, would sure like to see a picture of Erin and/of her mother, and, if possible, know her middle and last name, as well as how old she would have been in 1999. There could be a possibility that she was reported missing somewhere, and I think it would help tremendously in maybe, just maybe, narrowing the search for the identity of Racine Jane Doe.

Thanks to each and everyone of you for your fantastic inputs!

Have a great day!

It sounds like she was 13 years old in 1988, so she would've been 24 or 25 years old in July 1999. That's on the upper end of the age range

I have to find one but they would all be before she was 16 or 17. There are very striking similarities except for the skin tone and the shape of the head is a bit smaller. I will see if I can find any from her old friends.

Please; I can't stress this enough; contact Racine's law enforcement to get the ball rolling. Even send a message to the FB page.

It sounds like she was 13 years old in 1988, so she would've been 24 or 25 years old in July 1999. That's on the upper end of the age range

Except that some agencies listed her as being 14 to 25, then 18 to 25, then 18-30...Some even went so far as to expanding the age range from 18 to 35! But there are so many striking similarities here...Let's just hope and pray that at long last, RJD will finally get her name back.

Have a great day and thank you for your reply! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missTaken16