Identified! WI - Racine Co., WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, cauliflower ear, western shirt, July'99 - Peggy Lynn Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
This foster child went missing at 16 years old from Canada in 1981. Now I am aware that this MP would have been in her mid 30's when Racine Doe was found and also that there is quite a time discrepency , but I wanted to share this MP just in case b/c her photo is SO similar to the recons of Racine Jane Doe.

It also would be consistent with my belief that this Jane Doe likely grew up a foster kid and was lost before turning to alternative means of survival.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/kniaz_myriam.html

attachment.php
2452075920045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

ETA: ARGH NOW SEEING ON PAGE 15 WHERE SHE HAS BEEN RULES OUT. MY APOLOGIES.

Attachments

• kniaz_myriam.jpeg
    kniaz_myriam.jpeg
    10.6 KB · Views: 302
This foster child went missing at 16 years old from Canada in 1981. Now I am aware that this MP would have been in her mid 30's when Racine Doe was found and also that there is quite a time discrepency , but I wanted to share this MP just in case b/c her photo is SO similar to the recons of Racine Jane Doe.

It also would be consistent with my belief that this Jane Doe likely grew up a foster kid and was lost before turning to alternative means of survival.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/kniaz_myriam.html

attachment.php
2452075920045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

ETA: ARGH NOW SEEING ON PAGE 15 WHERE SHE HAS BEEN RULES OUT. MY APOLOGIES.

No worries, she is probably one of the closest resembling missing people to this UP, IMHO.

I fear she was a prostitute and the killer was her "boss".....maybe why she has not been ID..no one looking for her. This crime sickens my stomach...i guess im over who did it and more about who she is. Unfort, i have gone through several missing person pics and besides the above mentioned and A.Bowman, im stumped :(

I though about that, too. I wondered if she had put on the clothes herself (and they were maybe the first ones she found), and was going to try to escape, then was discover by her captor(s) and murdered. Maybe I am reading too much into things. I don't know. The clothes themselves do seem like sort of a strange choice, too. Maybe they didn't belong to the perpetrator(s) and they used them in an attempt to throw off LE.
Other possible reasons for her found clothed:the killer was possibly a family member,or had become bonded to her,and felt a stitch of humility concerning her.OR-the killer felt uncomfortable traveling with a nude corpse..at least if she was clothed she could be taken as sleeping if caught

I dont know how a fam memb could be this brutal and have this kind of hatred and lack of compassion. I think our victim was a stranger to the killer..maybe a runaway or prostitute.
Its hard to imagine a family being this brutal.it does happen though.example:Sylvia lykins of Indiana.that involved ger aunt,cousins,knowledge of the abuse from her sister ,and later,neighborhood kids .

Yeah, I know. But there's a difference between reading an article and understanding what it's talking about.-

I've been following this case with a friend. We've looked at missing persons cases from all over. Do you have any theories as to where she may have been from?

I sent in a whole email based on Myriam this week, took all weekend. DRAT! It's so hard, I'm a newbie, a life drawing expert, but, new to websleuthing. I see the rule out sections on NamUs, but where else are they, it didn't say Myriam? Is there a list of all the ones with DNA turned in so we don't have to bother finding a match and seeing its already "testing submitted and complete." Is there a way to find the non DNA turned in cases? any better strategies? Today I went through half of the adult missing Canadians, but, are they already compared to NamUS people too, DNA wise?
If we find out Myriam's ancestry, it may be very similar to Racine Doe's. They have very similar bone structure and hair. In her child photo you can see the noses are identical. I am so frustrated. My best guess on Myriams ancestry is Lubelski(e) Poland specifically, based on her last name concentration. Her first and last name, indicate Jewish. Variants of KNIAZ are Slavic, Russia, Ukraine, Hungary. Poppies are the national flower for Poland and Belgium. I also noted, its a far stretch, but, may be a reference to "papi" or the scientific name beginning, "papa." The killer could have been a father figure, or so he thought in his sick mind. Not implying her actual father. No offense. Also, the shirt is Western-style, but, it does seem like a shirt a Mexican man would wear. So while people are thinking of Rememberence Day of Canada symbology, it may be a reference to Belgiums National Day, which is July 21, Racine's probable death day. So if the killer knew the girls heritage, it may have been to honor that. It could mean also that the poppy flower had meaning to the Killer only, or no meaning. Maybe it was his least favorite shirt.

I sent in a whole email based on Myriam this week, took all weekend. DRAT! It's so hard, I'm a newbie, a life drawing expert, but, new to websleuthing. I see the rule out sections on NamUs, but where else are they, it didn't say Myriam? Is there a list of all the ones with DNA turned in so we don't have to bother finding a match and seeing its already "testing submitted and complete." Is there a way to find the non DNA turned in cases? any better strategies? Today I went through half of the adult missing Canadians, but, are they already compared to NamUS people too, DNA wise?
If we find out Myriam's ancestry, it may be very similar to Racine Doe's. They have very similar bone structure and hair. In her child photo you can see the noses are identical. I am so frustrated. My best guess on Myriams ancestry is Lubelski(e) Poland specifically, based on her last name concentration. Her first and last name, indicate Jewish. Variants of KNIAZ are Slavic, Russia, Ukraine, Hungary. Poppies are the national flower for Poland and Belgium. I also noted, its a far stretch, but, may be a reference to "papi" or the scientific name beginning, "papa." The killer could have been a father figure, or so he thought in his sick mind. Not implying her actual father. No offense. Also, the shirt is Western-style, but, it does seem like a shirt a Mexican man would wear. So while people are thinking of Rememberence Day of Canada symbology, it may be a reference to Belgiums National Day, which is July 21, Racine's probable death day. So if the killer knew the girls heritage, it may have been to honor that. It could mean also that the poppy flower had meaning to the Killer only, or no meaning. Maybe it was his least favorite shirt.

Canadians won't be listed as rule outs in NamUs, because they're Canadians. I've asked them to put them on the rule out list, because other people, though rare, from other countries have been listed on them. However, they don't understand that I'm not asking them to have a case file built but only their names added on specific lists to avoid getting tons of submissions on the same person. It's their time to waste repeatedly telling people it's already been ruled out, I guess. Canada also handles their missing person cases differently - last I knew, they won't take a DNA sample from the family unless they have a potential set of unidentified remains to compare it to. They don't store it in a database and compare automatically with other samples on file like we do.

Ok considering the shirt, this would be a girl missing in ca. 1984

Her length is standing out 5'8" She looks like me as a girl who wanted to be a boy. sorry...no judging here....

Interpol is building an international database of missing persons as we speak, and IF everything goes well, it should be fully operational within 2

They started this project so many years ago...still not functioning...I had this thought for already ages.....Im sorry don't believe in it anymore.

Although the story of Racine County JD is horrible, it did not bring tears to my eyes. This post and also the one from Still Seeking Answers did. So sorry for you both. FWIW.

Stupid little me... I mean posts 489 and 490.

I forgot something...Her eyes NEVER looked "creepy" to me. The first time I saw her morgue photo, what I saw was infinite sorrow and sadness...It was like part of her soul was still present. Like she was stunned to find herself dead. Like she was asking "What did I do to deserve this?". My heart breaks each and every time I look at her eyes...Haunting, absolutely and heart

No not creepy at all..."just" a dead girl/woman .... cleaned up (for obvious reasons) and fotoshopped the eyes, to make her more "alive". It is so hard to lead her (anybody) back to a living girl ....I think we are all surprised if she is ever identified. What catches my eye is that she had a very distinctive cupid bow and her front teeth.

A very good post...training the eye....

I don't know what is happening I reply with quote....but somehow it doesn't work (have to check my buttons) or my mind.

Bumping and noting possible Canadian connection.rbbm.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/199ufwi.html
199UFWI3.jpg
199UFWI.jpg
199UFWI1.jpg
199UFWI_shirt.jpg
199UFWI_shirt2.jpg

Estimated Age: 18-30 years old
Race: White
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 120 lbs.
Hair Color: Reddish-brown, short and wavy with sun highlights.
Eye Color: Brown, hazel or green
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Each ear was double pierced and there are healed scars on her shins. She had a "cauliflower" deformation on her right ear that may have come from a recent injury. Possibly cognitively disabled.

Her remains were exhumed in October 2013 for additinal examination. Chemical isotope analysis indicated the victim may have spent time in Alaska, Montana or several southern Canadian provinces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74