Will Drew Peterson get a new trial?

Attorney blames ex-Drew Peterson lawyer for murder conviction, says he managed like a dictator

A former lead attorney for Drew Peterson managed the one-time police officer’s murder trial like a “dictatorship,” a current Peterson lawyer said Wednesday as he sought to persuade a judge to grant a new trial.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...8e57ec-7bc6-11e2-b147-36af0e207220_story.html

May DP continue to rot behind bars for the rest of his life where he belongs and from there may he see the fire of hell. This man has done so many things that are corrupt besides the murder of 2 wives. I simply can't wait to hear the Judge sentence him to time that he will die behind bars. I know that sounds harsh but that's how I feel.

IMO of course

:laugh:

Sarah Schulte @SchulteABC7

Lawyers have been arguing for close to 4 hrs in #DrewPeterson hrg Remember the Gong Show? The courtroom needs Chuck Barris!

They need to get on with the sentencing today! Enough of this! :gavel:

http://bolingbrook.patch.com/articl...or-fame-than-winning-drew-peterson-case-judge

Attorney Joel Brodsky may have even lost the Drew Peterson murder trial on purpose in hopes of augmenting his public image, a retired judge testified.
Drew Peterson's lead attorney may have taken a dive during the convicted wife-killer's murder trial in hopes of boosting his fame, a retired judge testified Wednesday morning.

If attorney Joel Brodsky had somehow managed to win Peterson's murder trial, "The spigot could be turned off. The interest could probably wane," retired Cook County Judge Daniel Locallo testified.

This is just ridiculous, imo. Where on earth did they get this retired judge? Is he related to someone on the defense? Does he owe something to someone?
Criminy!

It looks like today is the day! According to Twitter feeds, Drew Peterson is expected to make a statement today.

I know it will never happen, but how I wish his statement was a confession with DP telling what happened to Stacy, so her remains could be recovered and the family could have closure.

The Herald-News ‏@Joliet_HN

Burmila: it was clear to me from the very beginning that Brodsky was not capable of defending #DrewPeterson on his own.

The Herald-News ‏@Joliet_HN

Burmila: But that does not mean #DrewPeterson did not get the vigorous defense he was entitled to from his entire legal team.

Anna Doman's statement was given first. I don't know if these are being given orally by the person who's making the statement or if those statements are written.

According to some tweets, DP is expected to make a statement.

Anyone know of any news stations that will carry the press conference.

Seems to me that a defendant has the option during the trial to petition the court if he feels he is being defended by an incompetent attorney. He had several other attorney's at his disposal if he felt that a switch was needed. Unless Brodsky has some client privileged information that did not reflect well on the defendant. Regardless, it is a relief to know the judge rejected their claim.

Anna Doman's statement was given first. I don't know if these are being given orally by the person who's making the statement or if those statements are written.

I would think WGN might. Just checked their site and it only has that the motion for a new trial was denied. I'm hoping someone has it. If I find any I'll post.

OMG has his look changed. One word, scraggy.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/category/news/

Off to pick up the kiddo, bbl.

WOW! He really looks bad!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member