Woohoo Here Comes The Snow

Well, I got the snow that I was wanting but along with that I lost my internet connection for most of the day today. YIKES! Thank goodness they got that fixed. We have about 6-7 inches of snow so far and it is still coming down. It is really very beautiful.

Gee, you lucky guys! All of you have fun and be safe. They're calling it a blizzard on the Oregon news. Well, hey, for a city like Portland that got 1 big day of excitement with snow, anything more might be a blizzard! LOL YaYa.

I'm so jealous. A crackling fire with its warm glow, snuggly slippers and a hot toddie - wow what fun that would be while looking out the window as it just snows, and snows and snows.

Do you have any wind with it?

Scandi

I went for a long walk this morning and took some pretty nice pictures. Here are a couple.

Shadow205 said:
I went for a long walk this morning and took some pretty nice pictures. Here are a couple.

Very Pretty! Thanks for sharing... I so love the new fallen snow. We got less than forecast about 4 -5 " total in southcentral Pa

Yep, that's my house. It's a big old Victorian built in 1918. I love it!

Mabel said:
Nice pics, Shadow. Is that your yellow house? It's really cute.

Shadow205 said:

Your house is beautiful. I love houses like that.
Here on Long Island we have about 18 inches so far and its still snowing.

Thanks Shadow for the wonderful pics! You have a most picturesque home and understand why you love it.

I heard this morning, actually several hours ago, that in NYC they have 24" and were only told they would get 18" at the most. You know those weathermen! :D Is it still snowinb there. I can't remember exactly where you are, but I know in NYC it will keep snowing thru the afternoon at least.

Scandi

Shadow205 said:

Shadow, Thanks for those pictures. Very beautiful.

Last night I slept out on the couch with the front door open and the fan going.

Oceanbreeze said:
Shadow, Thanks for those pictures. Very beautiful.

Last night I slept out on the couch with the front door open and the fan going.
:razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:

scandi said:
Thanks Shadow for the wonderful pics! You have a most picturesque home and understand why you love it.

I heard this morning, actually several hours ago, that in NYC they have 24" and were only told they would get 18" at the most. You know those weathermen! :D Is it still snowinb there. I can't remember exactly where you are, but I know in NYC it will keep snowing thru the afternoon at least.

Scandi
dropping 26.9 inches of snow in Central Park — the heaviest since record-keeping was started in 1869, the National Weather Service saidThe old record was 26.4 inches in December 1947.

Yahoo News

scandi said:

Scandi
26.9" of snow in New York's Central Park this morning. They say that, along about Wednesday, we, here in sunny Northern CA, are going to have a 20-30 degree drop in temperature. We've had over a week of temperatures in the 70+ range, and so that is coming to an end, as the cold weather will be moving down from the frozen North.

Today Feb 13 Mostly Sunny 75°/45° 0% 75°F
Tue Feb 14 Mostly Sunny 69°/40° 0% 69°F
Wed Feb 15 Mostly Sunny 58°/35° 20% 58°F
Thu Feb 16 Mostly Sunny 57°/36° 20% 57°F
Fri Feb 17 Few Showers 55°/41° 30% 55°F
Sat Feb 18 Showers 53°/38° 40% 53°F

Hi Buzz,

I about fainted last night on the news when they said we might get snow in Portland. I mean when they even say it you have to pretend it is true and really coming, because these weathermen here are so loco that it most likely won't! LOL :banghead:

I want to go out and make a snow-angel ;}

Scandi

scandi said:
Hi Buzz,

I about fainted last night on the news when they said we might get snow in Portland. I mean when they even say it you have to pretend it is true and really coming, because these weathermen here are so loco that it most likely won't! LOL :banghead:

I want to go out and make a snow-angel ;}

Scandi
10-Day Forecast for
Portland, OR On The Spot Weather

Tonight Feb 13 Showers Late N/A/37° 30% High not valid after 2pm
Tue Feb 14 Showers 45°/31° 40% 45°F
Wed Feb 15 Sunny 46°/29° 10% 46°F
Thu Feb 16 Partly Cloudy 44°/29° 20% 44°F
Fri Feb 17 Few Snow Showers 34°/25° 30%

Scandi, it doesn't sound as if you will get very much snow, but then again, you never know.

Purely Pittiful Buzz! A 'few' snow showers means nothing below 1500' or so I think.

Gee, when we were kids we used to get a lot of snow. We'd go over to the golf course and jump in the big wind-driven drifts there and it was such fun. Our weather has changed so much to where the difference is now extremely noticible.

Thanks for the stats Buzzz. :blowkiss:

Scandi

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard