Wrongful Death Suit filed Nov. 13, 2013 in California, #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears that Dina is going to bring yet another attorney with her to the ENE conference next week, in addition to her team from the California Schumann/ Rosenberg firm. Arizona attorney Daniel Benchoff has applied pro hac vice to come along to aid in Dina's representation. (I guess you can never have too many lawyers at a settlement conference, right?)

https://www.pacer.gov/

DinaProHacVice_zps9f0224d1.jpg

We know from the responses to the Second Amended Complaint that depositions are scheduled to begin Dec 16, 2014, and that Adam Shacknai has a deposition scheduled for January 30, 2015.

In that case, counsel for Defendant Dina Shacknai has noticed Mr. Shacknai’s deposition for January 30, 2015.

https://www.pacer.gov/ Case 3:13-cv-01624-W-NLS Document 51 Filed 12/02/14 Page 3 of 4

Thousands of pages of documents have already been produced in the state-court matter, and depositions are starting on December 16th.

https://www.pacer.gov/ Case 3:13-cv-01624-W-NLS Document 52 Filed 12/03/14 Page 2 of 2

It appears that Dina is going to bring yet another attorney with her to the ENE conference next week, in addition to her team from the California Schumann/ Rosenberg firm. Arizona attorney Daniel Benchoff has applied pro hac vice to come along to aid in Dina's representation. (I guess you can never have too many lawyers at a settlement conference, right?)

View attachment 65006

Thanks for posting all the pertinent docs! This new lawyer, Daniel Benchoff, is only an Associate of the firm so not exactly high level. I've never heard of the firm and I know many in Phoenix. And their website isn't even working. Here's his bio from another source:

Daniel Benchoff is an associate of the firm and practices numerous types of litigation, with a focus on personal injury, including medical malpractice, product liability and other complex tort litigation. His other practice areas include legal malpractice, attorney fee disputes, health care law, commercial litigation, admiralty and maritime law, and professional discipline defense. Prior to joining the firm, he served as in-house counsel for a multi-hospital health care system in which capacity he rendered advice on or was involved in all manner of health care law issues. He received his undergraduate degree from St. John's College, Santa Fe, NM (B.A., 1995) and his law degree from the University of Arizona (J.D., 2002). In 2004, then Governor Napolitano appointed Mr. Benchoff to the Governor's Council on Small Business, and he served as Vice-Chair of the Affordable Health Care Subcommittee.

He doesn't appear to be defending accused murderers.

BBM

View attachment 65006

Bawahaha, she's gonna find herself in the debtors' prison.

Where did you get that the Zahaus *hired* Dr. Wecht? And what's with the purposeful misspelling of his name and the intentional dropping of the "Doctor" in front of his name, just like Dina conveniently misspells and mispronounces "Zahau" at Dr Phil show and also fails to call Dr Wecht a doctor...Hmm...fascinating.

Dr. Wecht was asked to help by Dr Phil show. He accepted *pro bono*. Dr. Wecht willing and gladly offered his help because he saw a grave injustice done on a minority in the community. Why are you taking issue with a medical professional helping out a minority member?

Dr. Wecht may have not charged the Zahaus fees, but he did receive exposure. I'm not sure how much evidence could be preserved after a body has been embalmed and buried anyway.

As you said, maybe he did it because he saw an injustice on a minority. But he seems to be a regular tv appearance for other cases and I question his true motives at times. Also, I understand she is a minority, but I honestly do not see where race was an issue. She was a stunning beauty living with a millionaire in the lap of luxury. Hardly a victim of discrimination. It's unclear how her ethnicity has anything to do with anything. Do you believe that once she was dead, everyone considered her to be inferior to the "white man"?

For clarification for newcomers to the board:

Police ruled Rebecca's death suicide and you believe that.

Police ruled Max's death an accident but you don't believe that.

Correct?

I have stated many times I believe Rebecca's was suicide. I believe Max had an accident but there was a coverup. I don't know by whom so I don't accuse anyone.

^ you're not exactly a 'newcomer' . don't understand why you're replying to kittychi.

you've been posting in these threads for at least two and a half years. let's be real.

^ you're not exactly a 'newcomer' . don't understand why you're replying to kittychi.

you've been posting in these threads for at least two and a half years. let's be real.

Um- not trying to be fake! You can clearly see my posting history. Obviously, I thought the question was being answered FOR newcomers. Give them an idea of where everyone is coming from.

Thanks for posting all the pertinent docs! This new lawyer, Daniel Benchoff, is only an Associate of the firm so not exactly high level. I've never heard of the firm and I know many in Phoenix. And their website isn't even working. Here's his bio from another source:

Daniel Benchoff is an associate of the firm and practices numerous types of litigation, with a focus on personal injury, including medical malpractice, product liability and other complex tort litigation. His other practice areas include legal malpractice, attorney fee disputes, health care law, commercial litigation, admiralty and maritime law, and professional discipline defense. Prior to joining the firm, he served as in-house counsel for a multi-hospital health care system in which capacity he rendered advice on or was involved in all manner of health care law issues. He received his undergraduate degree from St. John's College, Santa Fe, NM (B.A., 1995) and his law degree from the University of Arizona (J.D., 2002). In 2004, then Governor Napolitano appointed Mr. Benchoff to the Governor's Council on Small Business, and he served as Vice-Chair of the Affordable Health Care Subcommittee.

He doesn't appear to be defending accused murderers.

BBM

Oh my, it's just so critical (no snark!) to have GOOD representation when accused of anything significant, civil or criminal, right? I am VERY glad Dina has such good, "local-to-her" representation this time-- in the past, her representation maybe wasn't as "attentive to her needs" as required, IMO. And her very elite and competent California team is far away from where she lives, so she needs a local-to-her presence, IMO.

It's good that she has multiple layers of representation, IMO. I have no problem at all with that.

She should have all of the attorneys she feels are needed, IMO. Hopefully, this attorney is one she has developed a trusting, frequent, and ongoing relationship with. (With sincere apologies for the blatantly dangling northern participle.)

The Medical Examiner that examined Rebecca after her death certainly doesn't agree with you, and he knows his stuff, and, unlike Weict, wasn't hired by the Zahaus for an entertainment television show.

......... it's not like I *made up* the facts I quoted. They're facts based in solid, scientific research that are quoted in every single forensics sourcebook I could find. I don't know why the ME didn't pick up on the *fact* that cricoid fracture is a huge red flag for homicide, for example, and I won't speculate about it. But a LOT of people who "know their stuff" and write books for and about LE training in forensics state these *facts* so... if there's an argument to be had against said facts, one would have to take it up with that wall of experts. I'm just the messenger. ;)

Your profound wrongness about Wecht being hired by the Zahaus has already been addressed by other posters.

I don't see any need to denigrate the weight or general character of the accused, in order to think of them as suspects in this case -- I don't see the twins' weight as being an issue at all in their potential involvement (or uninvolvment) in this homicide, nor do I think they're in general horrible people -- I don't have facts to lead me that way and nor do I think they are at all relevant to the case at hand. Nor do I think race is an issue at all in any of the findings. I can't see that anywhere.

What I do think is that if MY ex's girlfriend (now wife, and a truly heinous specimen - which is a fact, not *wholly* a value judgement, heh) was in charge of MY child and she was so gravely injured, and I could get no clear answers as to what happened, and I perceived untruths... and possibly got mistaken medical hints re deliberate harm, and was told she'd likely die.. well. I cannot for sure say where my rage would take me (nor that of several other family members who love her). That's just being 100% honest. My foaming dislike of the woman might be fuel to that fire, but I'd be after blood.. I would only hope, in a metaphorical sense.

If the defendants in this case truly are guilty of a murder - well, I can see why, without thinking for a moment it's a right and just course of action (as it clearly is not).

If we're talking how people can overpower people of disparate height/weight to themselves, it's done all the time. Allll the tiiime. Happens every day, kids kill their parents, wives kill their husbands, fat people kill fit people -- height, weight and relative fitness is absolutely no indicator as to whether a person CAN kill another person or not.

Especially where the victim had several head injuries.

^ All of this is "just sayin".

Dr. Wecht may have not charged the Zahaus fees, but he did receive exposure. I'm not sure how much evidence could be preserved after a body has been embalmed and buried anyway.

As you said, maybe he did it because he saw an injustice on a minority. But he seems to be a regular tv appearance for other cases and I question his true motives at times. Also, I understand she is a minority, but I honestly do not see where race was an issue. She was a stunning beauty living with a millionaire in the lap of luxury. Hardly a victim of discrimination. It's unclear how her ethnicity has anything to do with anything. Do you believe that once she was dead, everyone considered her to be inferior to the "white man"?

Respectfully, to the first bolded part -- Wecht is 80 years old, is eminently qualified and has had a long career. He's had his ups and downs during that 50-60 years on the job, but he does know his stuff, and plenty of people continue to hire him and consult with him for homicides, *for that reason*.

Second bolded part: lots of bodies are exhumed in suspicious death cases, *because* a great deal of evidence does survive the embalming process.

Last bolded part: I do agree with you there. I think it's not relevant at all.

I don't see any need to denigrate the weight or general character of the accused, in order to think of them as suspects in this case -- I don't see the twins' weight as being an issue at all in their potential involvement (or uninvolvment) in this homicide, nor do I think they're in general horrible people -- I don't have facts to lead me that way and nor do I think they are at all relevant to the case at hand. Nor do I think race is an issue at all in any of the findings. I can't see that anywhere.

What I do think is that if MY ex's girlfriend (now wife, and a truly heinous specimen - which is a fact, not *wholly* a value judgement, heh) was in charge of MY child and she was so gravely injured, and I could get no clear answers as to what happened, and I perceived untruths... and possibly got mistaken medical hints re deliberate harm, and was told she'd likely die.. well. I cannot for sure say where my rage would take me (nor that of several other family members who love her). That's just being 100% honest. My foaming dislike of the woman might be fuel to that fire, but I'd be after blood.. I would only hope, in a metaphorical sense.

If the defendants in this case truly are guilty of a murder - well, I can see why, without thinking for a moment it's a right and just course of action (as it clearly is not).

If we're talking how people can overpower people of disparate height/weight to themselves, it's done all the time. Allll the tiiime. Happens every day, kids kill their parents, wives kill their husbands, fat people kill fit people -- height, weight and relative fitness is absolutely no indicator as to whether a person CAN kill another person or not.

Especially where the victim had several head injuries.

^ All of this is "just sayin".

I would agree except in this case, I believe 100% that Dina and Nina murdered Rebecca in the most derogatory, repulsive manner possible and they appear to be flaunting their murder of Rebecca in the public's faces. I find that not only morally reprehensible but abysmally disgusting to the extreme.

That to me speaks volumes about the fraternal twins' amoral/immoral characters. And Dina's documented history of violence also adds to my judgment of their characters. Actions speak louder than words.

Also, the anti-Zahaus have been debasing Rebecca's thinness, calling her "anorexic" and even denigrating her Asian ethnicity ever since Rebecca's death. They even set up an entire website which I won't name so as not to give them publicity just to insult not only Rebecca but her entire family. My describing Dina and Nina as morbidly obese is my educated opinion and years of experience helping the morbidly obese gain control of their weight/health. My opinion is not based on personal preference of one family over another's. If Rebecca was morbidly obese, I'd say so too.

But I agree, and also as I had already mentioned in prior post, it's the circumstances, along with body size and physical ability, that allow a person to overpower another person.

I must agree with the idea that humiliation was a factor in the presentation of the crime.

Compounded, of course, by the lack of respect her body got from LE, which is also truly shameful.

I can't recall who said it earlier, and can't be bothered looking for it, but someone was talking about "a murder made to look like suicide made to look like a murder"...

I don't think that's what it was, at all. What I think *might* have happened - and I admit this is, at this time, pure speculation - is that the murder was just a murder, committed with a care to not leaving behind evidence, and the suicide finding (which I think is heavily flawed, see my previous posts re cricoid fracture and other anomalous evidence) was an added bonus.

IOW, I don't think it was made to look like a suicide at all, I think it LOOKS like a murder because it *was* one, and Rebecca may have been (to apply the context of this lawsuit) forced to handle the implements of her own death and humiliation for the sole purpose of making her "pay". If any other clean-up was done to remove evidence, I believe it would have been in the hours after the murder as an afterthought.

I think this fits with the crime scene, which does not resemble a suicide at all, IMO.

Yes. Her body was totally disrespected and her value as a person was discounted from Day 1...make that Hour 1...as though she were "just the help" or worse.

Um- not trying to be fake! You can clearly see my posting history. Obviously, I thought the question was being answered FOR newcomers. Give them an idea of where everyone is coming from.

Yes, that is what my questions intended. Thank you.

I must agree with the idea that humiliation was a factor in the presentation of the crime.

Compounded, of course, by the lack of respect her body got from LE, which is also truly shameful.

I can't recall who said it earlier, and can't be bothered looking for it, but someone was talking about "a murder made to look like suicide made to look like a murder"...

I don't think that's what it was, at all. What I think *might* have happened - and I admit this is, at this time, pure speculation - is that the murder was just a murder, committed with a care to not leaving behind evidence, and the suicide finding (which I think is heavily flawed, see my previous posts re cricoid fracture and other anomalous evidence) was an added bonus.

IOW, I don't think it was made to look like a suicide at all, I think it LOOKS like a murder because it *was* one, and Rebecca may have been (to apply the context of this lawsuit) forced to handle the implements of her own death and humiliation for the sole purpose of making her "pay". If any other clean-up was done to remove evidence, I believe it would have been in the hours after the murder as an afterthought.

I think this fits with the crime scene, which does not resemble a suicide at all, IMO.

:goodpost:

I tend to agree Rebecca's death was not made to look like a suicide. Admittedly, I still wonder if she was hogtied. It is my opinion at some point before Adam allegedly found Rebecca hanging, a decision was made that Adam would report Rebecca's death as a suicide. Ya know, I got a girl that hung herself...

^ Yup, I still wonder if she was hogtied.

^ Yup, I believe there was that decision made that Adam would report a suicide.

It boggles my mind that someone would come upon a naked body with ankles tied, hands tied behind the back and gag in the mouth and assume that it was a suicide.

BBM

I wouldn't laugh just yet....the Zahaus may just find themselves responsible for all of Dina, Nina, and Adam's costs if the case is dismissed due to no evidence, as I predict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa