Wrongful Death Suit filed Nov. 13, 2013 in California, #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Adam has already told the truth of what happened that night - he said goodnight to Rebecca when they arrived back at the mansion about 8 pm. He went to the guest house, she went to the main house. He saw her hanging when he walked out of the guest house at 6:40 ish.

That information certainly is not worth a dime, much less $10 million.

Dina has ironclad witnesses that were with her at Rady's. The Zahaus are going to look like the greedy liars they are when it all comes out.

BBM. Do you think this ironclad evidence is soon to come out? Will that be in a motion for summary judgement? If it exists, why has it taken over two years as this lawsuit could have just gone away, right? What's the delay????

BBM. Do you think this ironclad evidence is soon to come out? Will that be in a motion for summary judgement? If it exists, why has it taken over two years as this lawsuit could have just gone away, right? What's the delay????

Hmm. Is the ironclad evidence the cell phone triangulation the crack team of SDSO investigators performed on Dina's cell phone? Or is it her pinky swear that she was at Rady's despite surveillance tapes that apparently offer no validation of her claim? I suspect neither the location of her cell phone nor her pinky swear will fly with a jury, and I certainly hope the crack SDSO team takes the stand to be exposed for their refusal to conduct a thorough murder investigation in the case of RZ's highly suspicious death.

If these ironclad witnesses are actual living, breathing humans, why in heaven's name haven't they surfaced over the years since RZ's murder to provide Dina an ironclad alibi so she can put this lawsuit to rest and get on with her life?

"If it doesn't make sense, it's not true." ~ Judge Judy :D

For LuckyLucy2 - I didn't see a response from you to my post of a few days ago so I'm bumping it up in case you didn't see it. I'm really trying to understand your claims.

I had to look up KWIM <know what I mean?> but I truly am not sure I do.

1) I think it is a common reaction among families of suicide victims to initially reject suicide as the cause of death of their loved one, so MZ-L's comment doesn't surprise me in the least. Furthermore, given just the barest facts - her sister was found naked, hanging from a balcony, with her hands tied behind her back and her feet tied together, I think her reaction was absolutely natural. Also, IIRC didn't Mary speak to Rebecca by phone earlier in the evening - and there was no hint of desperation or depression? I can certainly see how she would not be accepting of a suicide claim. I would certainly not call this a "Rush to Judgement" by any stretch.

2) How exactly have Mary and her family "tortured and tormented" the Shacknai and Romano families. I was under the impression - perhaps erroneously - that contact between the parties was limited. I also remember reading, though it may have been inaccurate, that JS said at Rebecca's funeral that he didn't believe Rebecca had killed herself.

3) I would disagree, as do most of the others who have followed the case and reviewed the evidence, that the "evidence is clear" that Rebecca committed suicide - I believe the EVIDENCE supports just the opposite. The jury (so to speak) is still out on this one.

4) I do agree that it is quite possible that Mary knows more about Max's accident. I would expect XZ to have told her sister details about that day that have never been made public - like who exactly was in the house at the time, what the timeline of the day was, when it was decided that she and the other kids would leave. There are many questions which I still have about the incident and in my own mind it is not clear how it happened or who was responsible. I do think the two deaths are linked. But I will ask this - if M thought Rebecca or XZ were responsible do you really think she and her family would be so insistent that the entire case be re-examined?

5) Are there any letters or public comments that state that Mary ever expected to benefit from the Shacknai fortune? I am not aware of any such statements but apparently you are so please share how you know this.

6) How exactly is the Zahau family trying to "frame" anyone? Surely, an accusation is not the same as framing anyone. Are you suggested that the Zahau's tampered with the evidence somehow? Or that some one tampered with the evidence or the scene on the Zahah's behalf. I guess I don't know what you mean by this comment.

7) Lastly, I agree with you that the loss of Max was a "sudden, tragic loss". However, that occurred AFTER Rebecca's death, not before. When Rebecca died Max was still alive, albeit gravely ill. If you don't feel that those who support the Zahau's cause have sympathy for the loss of that child then you clearly have not read the posts very carefully and on this point I can assure you that you are unequivocally wrong.

Please understand I am not trying to be argumentative but I am trying to understand your position and the passion you have for it. I am ready to listen to any evidence you can share.

^^^^ K_Z.............your analysis, as always, fruitful and eye opening I am sure to many that haven't been following this case. Thanks for taking the time to put the $$$$ spin on it appropriately. Thanks just wasn't good enough.

BTW, do you think Dina will ever get that license she was after and get a job working in her field?

BBM. No, I doubt she will try further to pursue that career path.

Dina has been trying off and on now for about 6 years to obtain licensure from the AZ Board of Psychologists Examiners. She is still not licensed. She's had a great deal of difficulty with her applications and documentation of appropriate experience. She's been rebuked by the board for using inappropriate/ unapproved titles as a prospective licensee. Twice she has finally achieved approval to take the licensure exam, and both times she has not followed through with that (the most recent approval was just over a year ago.) The average candidate is able to achieve licensure within a year or so after graduating their program. This is a very prolonged, extreme amount of time to be "working on" getting licensed, IMO, and doesn't reflect well on the candidate.

At this point, she has a mountain of obstacles to overcome if she wants to achieve licensure, get malpractice insurance, and land a job as a licensed professional. Because of the long interval (> 6 years) since her supervised internship experiences, it's likely she would be directed by the Board to be in a mandatory supervision capacity for a period of time, even if she follows through and sits for licensure. And since it's been over a year since the previous approval, without sitting for the exam, I think their policy is an applicant has to begin the application process all over again.

With the current controversy surrounding the impending trial where she is a defendant in a gruesome wrongful death case (that most believe was murder), combined with the rumors that she has been subject to a child order of protection, combined with the public record of her domestic violence calls during her marriage to Jonah-- well, she would be hard pressed to find a child/ adolescent counseling group willing to take her on at this point in time, even if she achieved licensure, IMO.

But in all fairness, her difficulties with the professional licensing board are largely irrelevant to the proceedings of the wrongful death lawsuit and trial. And if she wants, she can seek employment as a non-licensed psychologist in a capacity such as working in an office job for a company that produces standardized psych/ cognitive tests. Or she could go back to the type of work she had before she went to Argosy for the PsyD program. Or she could continue to do volunteer work, or run her own business or non-profit. Or look for a job in an unrelated field. Or she could choose not to work at all-- if she plans her life carefully, she could probably live quite comfortably into old age on the divorce winnings from Jonah. It's only clinical counseling and clinical psychology that would be a tough situation for her to succeed in, IMO.

However, an interesting twist in all this is that the AZ state legislator Senator Nancy Barto, that she was name dropping as her "sponsor" for the *non-existent* "parental disclosure act" (bitter ex-wives stalker bill) that she was promoting, has introduced legislation in AZ this session for more transparency by all the 24 health care licensing boards. Among the requirements, all meetings and board actions would have to be audio or videotaped, and placed on their websites. It appears that this bill is likely to easily pass the legislature.

Note that this article (and others like it) are from today:

AZ lawmakers consider bill that would improve transparency, force state boards to post all actions

A bill prompted by an ABC15 investigation to improve transparency and require Arizona health boards to post all actions on their websites is moving through the state legislature.

SB1443 would require the state’s nearly two dozen health boards to post all of their actions against professionals – both disciplinary and non-disciplinary. It also sought to impose stronger term limits on the state’s health board members.

The bill was introduced by state Senator Nancy Barto and was prompted by an ABC15 investigation last year into Arizona’s Board of Dental Examiners.

“Transparency is the best cleanser, and the public deserves to have all actions on the website,” said Sen. Barto in a recent hearing.

SB1443 already passed unanimously through the state Senate.

It is now going through the House of Representatives.

http://www.abc15.com/news/local-new...arency-force-state-boards-to-post-all-actions

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/52leg/2r/summary/h.sb1443_03-01-16_health.pdf

There are many legal nuances in Adam's case, IMO, that we will never know. Perhaps you missed the post that conjectured that he would tell the entire truth of what happened that night.

The fact that there is no alibi for Dina Shacknai proves that this was murder, not suicide.

Nor does Nina have an alibi.

Nor does Nina have an alibi.

Not only does she not have an alibi, she put herself at Spreckels on the night in question during that rambling media interview. She also put RZ's phone in her hands during the same interview, which was an entirely unnecessary detail ... unless it wasn't.

Dina has ironclad witnesses that were with her at Rady's.

BBM, and snipped for focus.

How do you personally know this?

Dina herself says she was "alone".

“It would be impossible for me to hear any disturbances at Jonah's home as I was with our son alone at a hospital miles away.
(BBM)

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...u-Spreckels-Mansion-2011-Death-303178091.html

How many "ironclad witnesses" are there?

What are their names?

Why haven't they supported/ validated Dina's alibi story?

Why would they support/ validate Dina's alibi story now, after nearly 4 1/2 years of denial/ silence?

Did these "ironclad witnesses" lie to police during the original investigation?

BBM, and snipped for focus.

How do you personally know this? ...

How many "ironclad witnesses" are there?

What are their names?

Why haven't they supported/ validated Dina's alibi story?

Why would they support/ validate Dina's alibi story now, after nearly 4 1/2 years of denial/ silence?

Did these "ironclad witnesses" lie to police during the original investigation?

It's interesting to me that there seem to be very, VERY few people who support the crazy suicide theory, and the few who do buy it seem to be unable to factually support their belief. (I have tried repeatedly to get the lone vocal supporter on this forum to explain in a non confrontational way her position but she can't or won't do so) I *think* the WDS will be a jury trial, right? If so then I think we have a clear indication of how an unbiased jury will decide on the evidence. A trial can't come soon enough!

It's interesting to me that there seem to be very, VERY few people who support the crazy suicide theory, and the few who do buy it seem to be unable to factually support their belief. (I have tried repeatedly to get the lone vocal supporter on this forum to explain in a non confrontational way her position but she can't or won't do so) I *think* the WDS will be a jury trial, right? If so then I think we have a clear indication of how an unbiased jury will decide on the evidence. A trial can't come soon enough!

I agree, CricketFern.

IMO, Dina doesn&#8217;t appear to have real friends or supporters&#8212;she has people who are her &#8220;tools&#8221;. I believe Dina is an extraordinarily manipulative person. IMO, Dina has very intentionally used her role as a victim and grieving mother to recruit and groom her sympathizers (few as they are), to deflect attention from her as a murder suspect, and simultaneously villainize and depersonalize Rebecca. IMO, that is far more important to Dina and her supporters, than rationally supporting the suicide theory.

It appears to me that Dina cultivated certain key friendships in the early days and weeks after Rebecca&#8217;s death, with the intent to exploit the sympathy and support of those people to her advantage, and deflect attention from her as a murder suspect. At the same time, it was necessary for Dina to aggressively remake the public conversation about Rebecca to transform her from being seen as the sympathetic victim of a gruesome revenge murder, into being the &#8220;diabolical architect&#8221; of her son&#8217;s death. This was, and still is, Dina&#8217;s defense strategy, IMO. I believe Dina&#8217;s recruitment and manipulation has been so successful, in areas such as the owner of the &#8220;lefthanded&#8221; propaganda/ hate site, that these key supporters are unable to recognize the degree to which they have been used and exploited.

JMO, and $0.02.

In my opinion, I think Dina has manipulated her own sister, too. I've always believed Nina gave her November 2011 interview under Dina's advice. I can't imagine anyone else advising Nina this would have been a good idea. Only a person who could benefit from Nina's interview would give such advice. No doubt Nina spoke with her sister before agreeing to the interview. IMO, what Dina and Nina hoped to gain from the interview was to cast doubt on the witness who saw Dina at Spreckels the night of the murder. IMO, it was an attempt to sell the story it was Nina seen at the mansion, not Dina. We don't know if Nina really was at the mansion at the time she said. We do know Nina skirted out of a polygraph. JMO.

Hi CricketFern :wave:

BBM = Bold By Me

Here is a link to a website with Internet lingo :) it is helpful and fun.

http://www.netlingo.com

I will raise your queen of hearts to $0.99!

Thanks! I did look up BBM in an urban dictionary but didn't think that was quite the right definition LOL I guess it was Bold but was at a loss for the rest! I'm really not THAT old (55, yes it's old) but sometimes the acronyms are like a foreign language! I'm a terrible texter!

In my opinion, I think Dina has manipulated her own sister, too. I've always believed Nina gave her November 2011 interview under Dina's advice. I can't imagine anyone else advising Nina this would have been a good idea. Only a person who could benefit from Nina's interview would give such advice. No doubt Nina spoke with her sister before agreeing to the interview. IMO, what Dina and Nina hoped to gain from the interview was to cast doubt on the witness who saw Dina at Spreckels the night of the murder. IMO, it was an attempt to sell the story it was Nina seen at the mansion, not Dina. We don't know if Nina really was at the mansion at the time she said. We do know Nina skirted out of a polygraph. JMO.

BBM: Right, since she made a specific point that she didn't touch anything (so her fingerprints wouldn't be on anything in case they checked). Wow, I never even thought of that until now, that she shilled for Dina back then for the reason you say, so people would think it was Nina and not Dina at the house. Just wow. Totally agree with the manipulative Dina angle, too. Just wow again.

<snipped to address>

IMO, Dina has very intentionally used her role as a victim and grieving mother to recruit and groom her sympathizers (few as they are), to deflect attention from her as a murder suspect, and simultaneously villainize and depersonalize Rebecca. IMO, that is far more important to Dina and her supporters, than rationally supporting the suicide theory.

K_Z: this is very interesting to me. I've been mystified by the hate displayed by forum commenters toward Rebecca and her entire family. Your description of Dina as a manipulator could certainly explain it. Rebecca wasn't even known by the general public until she was dead, so I can't imagine what the hate toward her is all about. Her younger sister is about the most bizarre target of anyone's hatred I can think of. As for RZ's family's WDS, it was an entirely predictable outcome based on the incompetent investigation into her death. If people want to place blame for the lawsuit being brought, I'd suggest that blame belongs on the doorstep of Gore and the other death investigation agencies that didn't do their job, with maybe a sprinkle of hate thrown in Jonah's direction for whatever he did behind the scenes to insure the quickie suicide ruling.

And while I suppose it's true some of us could be accused of "hating" Dina, in my case, it took quite some time before her own words and deeds left me feeling thoroughly disgusted by her.

K_Z: this is very interesting to me. I've been mystified by the hate displayed by forum commenters toward Rebecca and her entire family. Your description of Dina as a manipulator could certainly explain it. Rebecca wasn't even known by the general public until she was dead, so I can't imagine what the hate toward her is all about. Her younger sister is about the most bizarre target of anyone's hatred I can think of. As for RZ's family's WDS, it was an entirely predictable outcome based on the incompetent investigation into her death. If people want to place blame for the lawsuit being brought, I'd suggest that blame belongs on the doorstep of Gore and the other death investigation agencies that didn't do their job, with maybe a sprinkle of hate thrown in Jonah's direction for whatever he did behind the scenes to insure the quickie suicide ruling.

And while I suppose it's true some of us could be accused of "hating" Dina, in my case, it took quite some time before her own words and deeds left me feeling thoroughly disgusted by her.

The persistence of the virulent hate by a chosen few for Rebecca, her sister, and her family is, IMO, quite out of proportion to the duration of the case, and the waning of the publicity over nearly 4 ½ years. IMO, that kind of virulent hate can only be sustained by those with “skin in the game”.

The publicity, and media coverage has subsided to almost nothing—and yet the white hot hate of a very few continues, for a woman who is dead in her grave, and can do nothing else in this world (good or bad).

I can’t think of another case like this one, with the white hot hate of a few persistent people (and their many, many sockpuppets), for one who is already dead—and dead 4 ½ years! Even if Rebecca did commit suicide (and I don’t think for a moment that she did), these virulent “haters” seem determined to perpetually defile, degrade, and humiliate her memory, for no foreseeable gain. That's puzzling to "normal" people, I agree.

The only "gain" for these kind of sociopathic people, IMO, appears to be the “duping delight” of hatred and humiliation for that sole purpose. Dina, and her few supporters (including Nina—her interview was dripping with duping delight, IMO), derive intense psychological satisfaction and pleasure from these provocative activities, IMO.

This is a nice overview:

http://sociopathlife.com/seductionstage-2/sociopath-and-duping-delight/

Respectfully snipped for context-
The only "gain" for these kind of sociopathic people, IMO, appears to be the &#8220;duping delight&#8221; of hatred and humiliation for that sole purpose. Dina, and her few supporters (including Nina&#8212;her interview was dripping with duping delight, IMO), derive intense psychological satisfaction and pleasure from these provocative activities, IMO.

This is a nice overview:

http://sociopathlife.com/seductionstage-2/sociopath-and-duping-delight/

BBM - The "duping delight" would have been a fitting name for the &#8220;lefthanded&#8221; propaganda/ hate site. I agree, Dina has used this site to further her hate of Rebecca, IMO. Hate that existed well before Max's accident, IMO. The site may be the only place left for Dina to her spew her disdain for Rebecca and actually have someone listen.

I had all the sympathy in the world for the Zahaus after the news broke. It was a terrible death.

I lost all of that sympathy when Mary Zahau-Loehner began her media campaign just 8 days after Rebecca's death on July 19, 2011, when the investigation had barely begun, and it was still being looked at as both a murder and a suicide by LE. Mary said then, "I will NEVER believe it was suicide".

Then, with the help of Anne Bremner, the celebrity attorney (funny, she has not mentioned this case since she left it, she must know it was suicide), Mary got her name into every news story she could stating she would never believe it was suicide and it must be murder.

Talk about a Rush To Judgement!!!

Mary and her family have tortured and tormented the Shacknai and Romano families for 4 1/2 years - when it is clear by the evidence that her sister killed herself.

I also think Mary knows much more about what actually happened to Max, why XZ was sent home so quickly without the knowledge of the detectives working on Max's case, and what really prompted Rebecca to hang herself.

Mary is angry she lost out on the Shacknai fortune when Rebecca killed herself, and I think she is greedy enough to try and frame innocent people - even if it was her sister that was responsible for their child's/nephew's death.

I find the Zahau family's actions absolutely disgusting. Trying to frame innocent people for $ - for a murder that never happened - is as low as killing cute little puppies for fun, in my opinion.

Dina Shacknai, Nina Romano, and Adam Shacknai also suffered a sudden, tragic loss, then had the horror of having to deal with Rebecca Zahau commmitting suicide, but I don't see any sympathy for them from the Zahau's or their supporters. KWIM?

This part has always bothered me too. They want sympathy for Rebecca but not for anyone else...Dina lost her ONLY son... But no sympathy here for her..Pretty sad. Ive never met Dina so no manipulation needed from her..Just a mom to a mom..one with a son. I have daughters too but its called empathy.

Hello CricketFern, I am just now answering your long list of questions because I have been in beautiful Maui for a quick trip - not because I cannot or will not (even though all of this had been answered several times by me in these threads).

1) I think it is a common reaction among families of suicide victims to initially reject suicide as the cause of death of their loved one, so MZ-L's comment doesn't surprise me in the least. Furthermore, given just the barest facts - her sister was found naked, hanging from a balcony, with her hands tied behind her back and her feet tied together, I think her reaction was absolutely natural. Also, IIRC didn't Mary speak to Rebecca by phone earlier in the evening - and there was no hint of desperation or depression? I can certainly see how she would not be accepting of a suicide claim. I would certainly not call this a "Rush to Judgement" by any stretch.

Yes, it is very common for families of suicide victims to not want to believe that their loved one could hurt them so much. Many people who plan to commit suicide talk about the future, make plans, and do not seem depressed or desperate. When someone really wants to die, they do not give hints. They also make sure they will make no mistakes - thus, Rebecca binding her ankles and wrists so that she couldn't try to save herself at the last minute.

Mary Loehner-Zahau came out in the media saying she would never believe it was suicide just eight days into the investigation. Was she trying to influence LE? Influence the public? No matter how much evidence LE had to prove Rebecca did it, she would not believe it. That is indeed a rush to judgement.

2) How exactly have Mary and her family "tortured and tormented" the Shacknai and Romano families. I was under the impression - perhaps erroneously - that contact between the parties was limited. I also remember reading, though it may have been inaccurate, that JS said at Rebecca's funeral that he didn't believe Rebecca had killed herself.

This is what Jonah said at Rebecca's funeral:

Jennifer Jasionowski, who was friends with Rebecca for years before her death, said she was mourning her friend when Jonah Shacknai approached her at the funeral and struck-up a conversation.

“When we said we didn’t think that she would have committed suicide, Jonah agreed with us and said, “Yeah, I wouldn’t think that either. I guess you never know,'” Jasionowski told RadarOnline.com.

Jasionowski says she asked Shacknai if he knew of anyone that wanted to hurt him and he replied “no” and he told her they were unsure what had even happened with his 6-year-old son Max, who suffered a terrible accident while under Rebecca’s care, and subsequently died just days later.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...-friend-didnt-think-she-would-commit-suicide/

Jonah, the person who had spoken to Rebecca the most in those 40 hours in-between Max's accident and her death, did not seem to believe any of her various stories about the accident.

The Zahaus could have asked their followers to quit spreading lies, the Zahaus could have not gone to the media thousands of times to accuse grieving parents and relatives of a dead little boy of murder. If they truly did not believe the results, spreading lies in the press is not the way you go about it. But these things - all these lies - are what they want out there - and in my opinion, they have done it to try get a payout to stop it, or if that failed, to influence anyone that might be on the jury in a Civil case. And they have done this when their accused are in the middle of a horrible tragedy - Rebecca's suicide, and the death of Max because of Rebecca's negligence or worse.

3) I would disagree, as do most of the others who have followed the case and reviewed the evidence, that the "evidence is clear" that Rebecca committed suicide - I believe the EVIDENCE supports just the opposite. The jury (so to speak) is still out on this one.

Just because there are more people on this forum that say it was murder, that isn't so in the general population. Most people trust investigators and know that 7 weeks is a long investigation. Most people know a conspiracy to let Jonah off because he is wealthy is ludicris. The jury selection will make sure there are people that believe in science on the panel that are capable of understanding the physical evidence that proves Rebecca did indeed commit suicide.

4) I do agree that it is quite possible that Mary knows more about Max's accident. I would expect XZ to have told her sister details about that day that have never been made public - like who exactly was in the house at the time, what the timeline of the day was, when it was decided that she and the other kids would leave. There are many questions which I still have about the incident and in my own mind it is not clear how it happened or who was responsible. I do think the two deaths are linked. But I will ask this - if M thought Rebecca or XZ were responsible do you really think she and her family would be so insistent that the entire case be re-examined?

Only Rebecca and XZ were in the house that day. That is what Rebecca, the adult in charge told LE. That is on the reports of the Coronado Police that came to the scene.

Mary began her smoke-screen campaign just 8 days into the investigation. She wanted the story away from what really happened to Max, and wanted to make $ from the tragedy. XZ has nothing to worry about - the only other witness that was there that day is dead. Only XZ knows what really happened and I suppose, she will take it to the grave with her.

5) Are there any letters or public comments that state that Mary ever expected to benefit from the Shacknai fortune? I am not aware of any such statements but apparently you are so please share how you know this.

When she came out 8 days into the investigation to say she would never believe it was suicide, that was clue #1. Retaining Celebrity Lawyer Anne Bremner is #2. Digging up Rebecca and going on a sensational, Sweeps Week show, and having her sister's autopsy done in a way that could not be used in a criminal court is #3.

6) How exactly is the Zahau family trying to "frame" anyone? Surely, an accusation is not the same as framing anyone. Are you suggested that the Zahau's tampered with the evidence somehow? Or that some one tampered with the evidence or the scene on the Zahah's behalf. I guess I don't know what you mean by this comment.

Read the "Ask a Lawyer" thread. One of the posters seems to be Mary, or someone posting for Mary and is asking about scenerio after scenerio and what story will work in Civil court. They even ask, "If it was suicide, how can we still GET THEM and make $$$?" (my paraphrasing)

The Zahaus have tampered with evidence as we learned from their deposition questions - it is not just an accusation. Mary took the phone - key evidence - to Germany, and XZ has been studying her 911 call with the help of her sleazy lawyer.

7) Lastly, I agree with you that the loss of Max was a "sudden, tragic loss". However, that occurred AFTER Rebecca's death, not before. When Rebecca died Max was still alive, albeit gravely ill. If you don't feel that those who support the Zahau's cause have sympathy for the loss of that child then you clearly have not read the posts very carefully and on this point I can assure you that you are unequivocally wrong.

If these posters had any empathy for Max's death, they would not say the vicious, unscrupulous, untrue, and vile things they have about his parents. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500