WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still prayin for Aliayah, and I am thrilled that they are makin progress in Jhessye's case. Have a meeting in the morning with a group of us that will be heading to Lewis County-hope that we can be of some help-there.

Lynnb:

Sorry to sound confused, but is there a chance the body recovered could be Aliayah? Or were you referring to another missing baby? I know WV and PA are neighbors, but I am not so good with local geography, so is Tucker close enough to Weston to make it a possibility that the body is Aliayah?

Again, sorry if this sounds dense. I have been reading this case from the first thread and just caught up to the present this morning.

Lewis County, Weston is the county seat, is seperated from Tucker County by the whole of Upshur and Barbour Counties and the northern panhandle of Randolph County.

I am SO sorry about your sister, and pray that she is found also. And you are right, an outsider never truly understands how it feels to lose a loved one. It is also true that an outsider sees a clearer picture of the "family" because they aren't emotionally attached to them. Mark Klass says the FIRST thing a parent should do when their child goes missing is have a polygraph test so that the police can focus on the real criminal. Sadly with LL being pregnant she couldnt take the poly, and as far as I know -NOONE has been tested in this case. And while I am so happy that Vickie and her brothers are acting as the "voice" for Aliayah, this child went over a MONTH without having a voice. And I would be lying if I said it didn't break my heart. I have shed MANY tears for this little one, and it doesn't feel real good to be made to feel badly because of my unselfish opinions.

I wish you well...

Respectfully, My sister went without a voice for more than 17 years. Does it mean that I, my other sisters and relatives love her any less? Absolutely not. It only means that when you are told a story about a set of events by people you know, love, and trust.... you believe them. Sometimes you believe and believe and believe until you're spirit is strong enough to seek the truth. 17 years CJM....it took me 17 years to find that strength!!! I think taking one month to get the strength and courage to go up against your family-to call them out, knowing full well they may never speak to you again, is pretty darn good.
I'm very proud of Vickie for finding that strength and putting herself "out there" like this. She is her voice, Aliayah has a voice....That in itself from my experience, is enough.

Missie,

Thank you so much for your perspective!! Now, I must go and read up about your sister. I am SO terribly sorry for the loss that you endured and continue to endure.

Coco

Respectfully, My sister went without a voice for more than 17 years. Does it mean that I, my other sisters and relatives love her any less? Absolutely not. It only means that when you are told a story about a set of events by people you know, love, and trust.... you believe them. Sometimes you believe and believe and believe until you're spirit is strong enough to seek the truth. 17 years CJM....it took me 17 years to find that strength!!! I think taking one month to get the strength and courage to go up against your family-to call them out, knowing full well they may never speak to you again, is pretty darn good.
I'm very proud of Vickie for finding that strength and putting herself "out there" like this. She is her voice, Aliayah has a voice....That in itself from my experience, is enough.

I am proud of every person who has to be "the voice" for a missing child. I have helped several families with missing children, and know first hand the pain they suffer. But I still wouldn't claim to be able to understand the pain they go through. I haven't ever heard of a case before Aliayah's where the parent/grandparents want no part of it. I promise you I am NOT judging those who have stepped up to be Aliayah's voice, but what I am trying to say (without being mean) --if a person has a child-that child is their responsibility, and if that child is lost -it is THEIR responsibility to help find the child. I'm not sure in Aliayah's case it would have mattered if "Aunt Vickie" would have stepped forward on day one, she still wouldn't have any rights. Thats what is heartbreaking. And while none of us want to believe our family has lied to us, it is clear that Aliayah's family has lied to Vickie. And IMO a grandma that had her grandbabies best interest at heart would not have lied to Vickie...and I am sorry that you were lied to....I just can't imagine. But we as a society cannot let the Casey Anthony's and Lena Lunsfords create the way missing childrens cases are investigated and solved. IF we do, our little ones will NEVER stand a chance.

I look forward to visiting Lewis County in the next few days, with a group from school who have steadily prayed for little ALiayah and her family. I hope that we can bring some comfort and be able to help in some small way.

I am proud of every person who has to be "the voice" for a missing child. I have helped several families with missing children, and know first hand the pain they suffer. But I still wouldn't claim to be able to understand the pain they go through. I haven't ever heard of a case before Aliayah's where the parent/grandparents want no part of it. I promise you I am NOT judging those who have stepped up to be Aliayah's voice, but what I am trying to say (without being mean) --if a person has a child-that child is their responsibility, and if that child is lost -it is THEIR responsibility to help find the child. I'm not sure in Aliayah's case it would have mattered if "Aunt Vickie" would have stepped forward on day one, she still wouldn't have any rights. Thats what is heartbreaking. And while none of us want to believe our family has lied to us, it is clear that Aliayah's family has lied to Vickie. And IMO a grandma that had her grandbabies best interest at heart would not have lied to Vickie...and I am sorry that you were lied to....I just can't imagine. But we as a society cannot let the Casey Anthony's and Lena Lunsfords create the way missing childrens cases are investigated and solved. IF we do, our little ones will NEVER stand a chance.

I look forward to visiting Lewis County in the next few days, with a group from school who have steadily prayed for little ALiayah and her family. I hope that we can bring some comfort and be able to help in some small way.

What will you & your group be doing while you are in Weston?

What will you & your group be doing while you are in Weston?

I actually wanted to wait til LL's bail revocation hearing to go see them cuff her up, but I have a test that day :(..... (and I really am not sure if the public would be allowed in for that hearing -although i bet they are)

Everything we will be doing will be legal-and we wont go anywhere or do anything without the proper approval. I hope to share with everyone things we haven't been able to discuss before now-

I really need to know more about the dog at the river, court documents, and the days and weeks leading up to Alliayah's vanishing. Hope to meet the "voice of Aliayah" and give her an angel stress rock --that i found. Take lots of pics-and so much more.

I am so sorry you are going thru this too. I wouldn't wish it in my worst enemy. I will be praying for your sister and you too. I pray that that your sister is found soon. This is the hardest thing I have ever been thru. Thank you for understanding, I have been on emotional overload and maybe do get mouthy sometimes, but it does get on a persons nerves sometimes to the point of explosion. I have to remember that you can't please everyone all the time and ya just gotta do what you feel is right. It is easy to judge others but it is best to keep somethings to ones self. I have to stay focused on finding Aliayah and ignore everything else. I am sure you feel the same sometimes. Everyone has opinions, and most think they are right, but I have learned, we as humans can only do so much. But when it gets too heavy a load to bear,I give it to God. I believe in God with all my heart and I know He answers prayers. So I will continue to pray. God bless you.

Vickie, my prayers are still with you and your family. I can't give much advice because I've never been in your situation, all I can say is, you just do what you feel you have to do, and what you know is right. You do not have to justify it to anyone. I agree with someone who posted above, LOVE is not enabling. Sometimes we have to do what's in our hearts, and not our heads.
I will keep praying for you and your family, and for little Aliayah, and for God to be with you through this awful time. Bless you, sweetie, my prayers and thoughts are with you.

just checking in an bumping for our sad little sweetpea :( Was hoping for new news.

With the Thanksgiving busyness upon us I don't know if I'll be on much for the next few days -will keep praying for sweet unforgettable darling Aliayah, Vickie, and all who are actively involved in this situation. God bless.

I, too, was hoping for some good news. Any news, really. The silence is driving me crazy.

*smooches* Sweet Aliayah

Aliayah-
You have been on my mind constantly these last few days. In fact, I did not sleep at all last night. :countsheep:

To be fair, it coulda been the hot flashes, but sweet Aliayah-I have dreamed of you and grieved for you and am hoping against hope that SOMEONE, ANYONE will tell us where you are.

Your sweet, sad face has captured my attention as,sadly, it has escaped the notice of MSM. You are the reason I hold my own daughter a little closer, kiss her a little more, and drink in every single thing about her.

Nobody did that for you while you lived. Nobody could show us much about you after you left us.

I hope and pray that you had small moments of joy. That the painfully few photos we have seen of you are not an accurate portrayal of your life. And yet I suspect they are.

I will never forget you, lovely girl. I hope that your precious face haunts forever the monsters who hurt you.

Bumping for Aliayah.

Aliayah-
You have been on my mind constantly these last few days. In fact, I did not sleep at all last night. :countsheep:

To be fair, it coulda been the hot flashes, but sweet Aliayah-I have dreamed of you and grieved for you and am hoping against hope that SOMEONE, ANYONE will tell us where you are.

Your sweet, sad face has captured my attention as,sadly, it has escaped the notice of MSM. You are the reason I hold my own daughter a little closer, kiss her a little more, and drink in every single thing about her.

Nobody did that for you while you lived. Nobody could show us much about you after you left us.

I hope and pray that you had small moments of joy. That the painfully few photos we have seen of you are not an accurate portrayal of your life. And yet I suspect they are.

I will never forget you, lovely girl. I hope that your precious face haunts forever the monsters who hurt you.

Bumping for Aliayah.

I woke up from a dream about her this morning too...and, what you described about cherishing your own daughter....is the same way I feel about my three year old daughter. My heart bleeds for this sweet angel...

bumping for Aliayah.....hope you're somewhere filling up on all the pumpkin pie and whipped cream you can handle sweetie.

As the thanksgiving holiday approaches I am struck by thoughts of thanks, for my children, for my friends, for my family, the usual things normal folk are thankful for.

I feel so badly for little Aliayah, because I find it difficult to believe anyone ever gave thanks for such a beautiful little Sweet Pea. I pray someone did. At least once. :(

I traveled through Lewis Co. on my way to and from my hometown to visit family this past week and I couldn't help but think of little Aliayah and wonder if she was out there somewhere. I also saw her missing poster at a gas station I stopped at in Clarksburg. Poor sweet baby. I truly hope she is out there somewhere being loved and cared for, but I'm so afraid that's not the case.

I have to say this, as unpopular as it will be:

I have grown weary of reading about how no one in her family loved Aliayah. We do not know that, and I think those kinds of statements hurt more than they help. If there's somebody in the family who has hurt Aliayah or is responsible for her disappearance, then the time will come to question that person's feelings toward her. But I simply can not and will not make a judgment now about whether anyone in the family loved Aliayah based on how they behave 'in public' or what is said about them on the internet. I just can not go there. And the same is true in any of these cases where a child is missing. I don't understand what is gained by saying that Aliayah was not loved or that no one in her family cares about her.

Taking the example of Aliayah's grandmother: I think she loves her granddaughter and I think she loves her daughter. And I think a situation like this is extremely difficult for even a Norman Rockwell or Beaver Cleaver family, let alone a family in which there are a lot of problems and in-fighting. I can imagine how someone in the middle of a tragedy like this wouldn't know which way to turn or what to do, but not reacting in the way that outsiders think they would or that is 'right' does not in any way prove to me that Grandma does not love her granddaughter.

My thoughts are not in response to any one post and apply also to comments all over the internet. I have seen nothing anywhere that could lead me to the conclusion that anyone in this family did not love Aliayah. These are not perfect people; no one is perfect. But one doesn't have to be perfect (or even close to it) to love a child.

I just wonder what kind of progress we could make in figuring out what happened to Aliayah if all of this other stuff didn't get in the way.

I respect your view Martha and your points are taken. I have refrained from commenting on specific relatives who I feel are not acting in a way I would or they should. And it is a given that Aliayah has family members who love and are worried about her, where she is at the moment and her health and wellbeing (some of whom are active on this very thread).

Speaking for my own comments regarding Thanksgiving above. I stand by them. They are my own feelings based on the few known facts of this case.

I agree that we can become swept up in the flotsam that surrounds a case very easily to the exclusion of focusing on the important facts. But in a case such as this, where there is nothing available to ponder EXCEPT all that flotsam, the feeling remains, that it does not appear, from all known facts, as if this child's mother was thankful for her or saw her in any way as the blessing she was. My Thanksgiving post was intentionally vague as to whom I thought may not have ever known what a blessing they had in little Aliayah. But there, now I have said it.

It is, as are many posts on WS, simply my opinion, and I make no apologies. The vagueness of my own post was not meant to imply that NO ONE cared for Aliayah, but rather that it is My Opinon that her mother did not value her in the way that I value my own children.

Finally, I realize that your post was not specifically directed at mine but that mine was a jumping off point for a thought you had been forming for a while that needed expressing. In the same vein, my post is not directed specifically at yours or defensive per se, but an attempt to explain what prompted my own earlier. Yours being a jumping off point for me to try an express my thoughts more clearly.

I agree wholeheartedly that progress would be wonderful in this case. Unfortunately LE is being very closemouthed on this one (praying this means they are way further along than we know and are building a case). With teh TOS regarding sleuthing persons not named by LE, etc and so forth, it feels as if there is very little else to do but ponder, speculate and compare our own life experiences to the situation here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname