WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think any one of us would be proud and grateful to have Vickie as a relative. What a gift for her family!

The 3 babies should be adopted out - give them a chance to grow up to be decent people.

I'm just trying to catch up from being away for a week. I agree, Vickie and her brothers deserve to be rewarded for their courage to speak out for Aliayah.

On the other hand, I also agree that the 3 babies should be adopted out to break the cycle and give them a chance to grow up in a healthy family. The older boy might also be "adoptable". (I hate that concept but it is true...)

While this is all about finding Aliayah, all the children deserve a chance. I hope its not too late for the two oldest girls, but I am afraid it is. I hope they don't just get lost in the foster care system, they deserve more then that.

Vickie, this thread may not be about you, or me, or anyone else on this board but this post is about YOU. I can't just sit back and read anymore without saying something. I also have a missing family member (my sister) and I'm not trying to go off topic on here-I just want you to know that I know some of what you're feeling. You and your brothers are doing whatever is needed to help Aliayah. I know personally, that there are times you will do just about anything to keep that feeling of helplessness away, even if it means helping "enablers". You and your brothers should not be made to feel guilty or defensive about that. You just keep doing what you need to do because no one, even if they've had to go through this misery themselves, will fully understand what it feels like for you. You, Aliayah and your family are in my prayers.

I am SO sorry about your sister, and pray that she is found also. And you are right, an outsider never truly understands how it feels to lose a loved one. It is also true that an outsider sees a clearer picture of the "family" because they aren't emotionally attached to them. Mark Klass says the FIRST thing a parent should do when their child goes missing is have a polygraph test so that the police can focus on the real criminal. Sadly with LL being pregnant she couldnt take the poly, and as far as I know -NOONE has been tested in this case. And while I am so happy that Vickie and her brothers are acting as the "voice" for Aliayah, this child went over a MONTH without having a voice. And I would be lying if I said it didn't break my heart. I have shed MANY tears for this little one, and it doesn't feel real good to be made to feel badly because of my unselfish opinions.

I wish you well...

I am SO sorry about your sister, and pray that she is found also. And you are right, an outsider never truly understands how it feels to lose a loved one. It is also true that an outsider sees a clearer picture of the "family" because they aren't emotionally attached to them. Mark Klass says the FIRST thing a parent should do when their child goes missing is have a polygraph test so that the police can focus on the real criminal. Sadly with LL being pregnant she couldnt take the poly, and as far as I know -NOONE has been tested in this case. And while I am so happy that Vickie and her brothers are acting as the "voice" for Aliayah, this child went over a MONTH without having a voice. And I would be lying if I said it didn't break my heart. I have shed MANY tears for this little one, and it doesn't feel real good to be made to feel badly because of my unselfish opinions.

I wish you well...

Yes it is true, we didn't speak publically for about a month, but we were there, searching, passing out flyers, praying and doing all we thought we could at the time. When we found out we had been lied to, we took it upon ourselves (my brothers and I) to try to reach out to the media for help, only to be told it had to be the immediate family or law enforcement to ask for national help. So we decided to try local media. As soon as we did this, we were accused of wanting our 15 minutes of fame. We ignored all this and continue to do everything we can. I have talked to the local reporters and even threatened one that if I had to do back flips naked down main street to get attention for Aliayah, I'd do it. (probably would have died trying lol) anyway, as you see, we are still being bashed for waiting about a month to speak publically. But I can take whatever abuse I have to to find Aliayah. I have never been thru anything like this before and really didn't know where to begin. We are doing the best we can since we are "extended family" we don't have as much cooperation with help programs as the imediate family would have. You have no idea what it has been like for us, and that is really not important anyway. We plan on staggering around in the dark, praying for a light that will bring Aliayah home. That is all we can do. But I WLL NOT GIVE UP no matter how many mistakes we make. We will bring Aliayah home.

What is enabling? Whose definition? When CPS first became involved my husband and I were accused of enabling. We never gave money because we knew they would buy drugs. We did buy formula, diapers, clothes, etc. We did allow the children to stay here while parents were out partying. We did convince the parents to leave the children in our care and at one point we threatened calling CPS if the children were to go with the parents. What were we to do? Leave the children in the care of druggies? CPS understood and we will be adopting soon.

However, what did Aliayahs grandmother do to protect the children? Did she call CPS? You know it is possible. I have called and they think I just want to cause problems. Nothing has been done yet. If a stranger, teacher, doctor, day care provider calls CPS to report abuse it is treated differently because those people are not emotionally involved with the child.

Will the family be allowed to maintain a relationship? Probably with the 2 older children. If the younger children are adopted, then it would be up to the adoptive family if visitations can occur.

Yes it is true, we didn't speak publically for about a month, but we were there, searching, passing out flyers, praying and doing all we thought we could at the time. When we found out we had been lied to, we took it upon ourselves (my brothers and I) to try to reach out to the media for help, only to be told it had to be the immediate family or law enforcement to ask for national help. So we decided to try local media. As soon as we did this, we were accused of wanting our 15 minutes of fame. We ignored all this and continue to do everything we can. I have talked to the local reporters and even threatened one that if I had to do back flips naked down main street to get attention for Aliayah, I'd do it. (probably would have died trying lol) anyway, as you see, we are still being bashed for waiting about a month to speak publically. But I can take whatever abuse I have to to find Aliayah. I have never been thru anything like this before and really didn't know where to begin. We are doing the best we can since we are "extended family" we don't have as much cooperation with help programs as the imediate family would have. You have no idea what it has been like for us, and that is really not important anyway. We plan on staggering around in the dark, praying for a light that will bring Aliayah home. That is all we can do. But I WLL NOT GIVE UP no matter how many mistakes we make. We will bring Aliayah home.

I would not be your "friend" if I wasn't totally honest with you. I pray that you don't feel like I have abused you. I don't come here to be part of the problem, but to help be part of the solution. Not only for little Aliayah, but for other missing children also. I feel your pain about not being able to have access to the "same resources" that are available to the parents in cases like this. THIS Is why, Vickie -the laws have to change. ( I am certain that there aren't many cases like Aliayah's on the books) IMHO -if a great aunt comes forward to be the voice to a missing child, she should be given the same rights as the mother would have -when it comes to bringing the child home. And while I understand why you waited to come forward, it is also hard to believe that she was without a voice for those precious days. (that is NOT your fault)...And you are right I have no clue what you are going through, but I do know that I pray for Aliayah, you and your brothers and even LL daily. This truly is a nitemare I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

And congrats on the new babies-you are doubly blessed in my book. Give them all the love you can -(and spoil them rotten)

My bros. have tried to get Jo Ann to talk, she simply refuses and gets mad at them. I do not understand it at all.

I was just wondering if you could expand more on Jo Ann's refusal to talk. In what context does she refuse to talk? By "she simply refuses" to talk does that mean she gives the impression she is witholding something or that she just generally "refuses to talk" about the situation because it upsets her? What does she get Mad about? Is she mad because she knows she is hiding something and doesn't want to be hounded or is she mad at being asked questions and truley may not have the answers or information?

What I am asking is, is she giving a vibe of someone who is keeping secrets or just of someone who can't take it anymore and won't indulge anyone in conversation about Aliayah because she is upset and distraught and just can't take it anymore? Hope this makes sense.

It baffles me as to why the Grandmother hasn't been involved with any of the volunteer efforts, balloon launches, prayer meetings and vigils. Why on earth would she not WANT to come to these events to show support?
From the beginning she should have been a familiar face at these events. Does some major health concern keep her from being able to get involved? I understand she may not have been able to forage through the woods with the searches but she could have worked at the church or blew up some baloons....whatever...something. Why is she acting as though she has something to hide? Or is she just terribly shy and does not want to be in spotlight? Yea, that must be it....

This has gone on for too long, and I don't see any hope that Aliayah will be found alive. She never got a chance to be a precious princess beloved by her family. It is horrifying to think that she could have been the family scapegoat. If nobody living in that house cared about this poor battered child before or after she "went missing" then it gets even worse. Children learn by example. Does Aliayah have any siblings who might become future abusers who learned it's only the strong who survive. Was Aliayah the weakest link? How could anyone remain silent, even after they photographed her bruised face. Too late now, just too late. There should have some record of visits by CPS. So, is that it? Is there no justice for a sad, scared, bruised and battered little sweetheart?

Aliayah, my tears are real honey and they are for you. I wish I could have saved you from harm, and covered your little face with Grammy kisses.

IMHO

Hi, I'm new here, but have been reading ever since our little angel went missing. I don't post anything anywhere about who I think did something or didn't do something to our little gal. I just wanted to clear up something....There was no confusion whatsoever as to who Aliayah was at the church. I AM the woman who met her and talked to her there. Her brother was there also. The church had a Clothing Give A Way on Saturday, August 20th, from 9 A.M. to 1 P.M, Aliayah, her Mom and brother were there for maybe an hour and a half looking through clothes. That's the day that she grabbed my heart with those eyes and I fell in love with her. I found a little pink princess shirt and wanted her to take it, but she wouldn't even touch it until her Mom came and told her it was OK to. I asked her what her name was and I could just understand "Leeah" was what it sounded like she said. I thought she was a very shy little gal. I can honestly say that on that date, there were no bruises 'showing'. I even made the remark to her Mom that she had angel skin, she is a beautiful little gal. There were 4 of us women in the church at the time, they went up to our pavilion where there were more people and shoes and they found her a little pair of pink plaid tennis shoes. They came back down to the church and Aliayah and her brother each got a cookie and a juicy juice. I will NEVER forget her sitting there taking a bite of cookie and holding that little foot up to admire her new shoes....She smiled that day and that smile was worth more than money could ever buy, I'll never forget it......Anyway, I don't want to stick my nose in anywhere, but I just wanted to clear that up. There was no confusion whatsoever, and LE knows all about this sighting. Thanks!

I am new to posting here, too, and your recounting of the day you met precious Aliayah has tears streaming down my face. I cannot help but to think that you may have witnessed one of the few fleeting moments of joy in her little, broken life. That grieves me as much as it brings a small smile to my face, thinking of her admiring those pink plaid tennis shoes.

Aliayah, I hope that wherever you are, you have beautiful new shoes to try on every day, sweetie.

What is enabling? Whose definition? When CPS first became involved my husband and I were accused of enabling. We never gave money because we knew they would buy drugs. We did buy formula, diapers, clothes, etc. We did allow the children to stay here while parents were out partying. We did convince the parents to leave the children in our care and at one point we threatened calling CPS if the children were to go with the parents. What were we to do? Leave the children in the care of druggies? CPS understood and we will be adopting soon.

I agree! ANY contact with an addict can enable them, especially if they are the ones that feed off your emotions, good or bad. Sometimes you have to enable one to help another. If you feed a child whose parent sells their SNAP benefits, you are enabling the parent. I am still going to feed that child so I know that they are not hungry and hope that the kindness I tried to show them will stick with them and offset some of the damage the parents are doing. I just do not think everything is black and white and there are some shades of gray. You just have to do what you think is right and hope for the best outcome.

However, what did Aliayahs grandmother do to protect the children? Did she call CPS? You know it is possible. I have called and they think I just want to cause problems. Nothing has been done yet. If a stranger, teacher, doctor, day care provider calls CPS to report abuse it is treated differently because those people are not emotionally involved with the child.

Will the family be allowed to maintain a relationship? Probably with the 2 older children. If the younger children are adopted, then it would be up to the adoptive family if visitations can occur.

Feeding a child and giving a place to stay and aiding a person who could give a rats *advertiser censored* that their beautiful three year old daughter is missing isn't just a leap its a jump off a large bridge.

I would NEVER not feed a child-but I would refuse to help my "daughter" who could care less about her children --and yet keeps reproducing.

I have and continue to offer assistance to two small children in my family. But I DO draw the line with helping their parents in any way, shape, or form. I worry not only about my relatives..but the innocent lives that might be taken from their stupidness.

Congrats on the adoption!!

WARNING - Stop with the back and forth. It is not helpful.

If you have a question or comment that could be hurtful to the family posting here, rewrite until it is the gentlest you can make it, before posting it. The family is willing to answer questions and put forth what info they have and are doing what they can to find Aliayah - please be respectful of them.

That doesn't mean you can't ask questions or make comments, it means before you post you put yourself in their shoes and read it from their perspective.

Thanks,

Salem

OT- Police just took Jhessye Shockley's mom into custody.....police swarming house now

WARNING - Stop with the back and forth. It is not helpful.

If you have a question or comment that could be hurtful to the family posting here, rewrite until it is the gentlest you can make it, before posting it. The family is willing to answer questions and put forth what info they have and are doing what they can to find Aliayah - please be respectful of them.

That doesn't mean you can't ask questions or make comments, it means before you post you put yourself in their shoes and read it from their perspective.

Thanks,

Salem

:tyou:

Lynnb:

Sorry to sound confused, but is there a chance the body recovered could be Aliayah? Or were you referring to another missing baby? I know WV and PA are neighbors, but I am not so good with local geography, so is Tucker close enough to Weston to make it a possibility that the body is Aliayah?

Again, sorry if this sounds dense. I have been reading this case from the first thread and just caught up to the present this morning.

Lynnb:

Sorry to sound confused, but is there a chance the body recovered could be Aliayah? Or were you referring to another missing baby? I know WV and PA are neighbors, but I am not so good with local geography, so is Tucker close enough to Weston to make it a possibility that the body is Aliayah?

Again, sorry if this sounds dense. I have been reading this case from the first thread and just caught up to the present this morning.

Usually the media will post if the body of a child was found....this article just said body. I'm not local so I don't know the location myself.
Maybe one of the locals can tell us how close this is and if there is anyone else missing from the area?

Ok...I admit it. I googled the name Sextary to see what came up. The article spelled it wrong. It is actually Sextacy and is considered a bath salt that you should not use alone if you're a man (if you know what I mean) and gives one a feeling of increased energy, deep thinking etc etc. They compared it to ecstasy and cocaine.
Odd that a man with a very very pregnant wife would think that was a good idea...but that's just my thinking.
And if the FBI confiscates my computer you are all my witnesses on what I've been up to...OK?

We've got your back, lynnb!

:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members