WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vickie- Did you find out what night this week you're going on Bring Them Home Now?

Do you believe that CPS will offer these children back to the same people that couldnt even provide pictures of Aliayah? Thats like feeding them to the wolves. Im sorry and dont mean to be disrespectful, but I pray they can't ever touch them again.

Do you believe that those that are looking for Aliayah and wanting the other childen should not be allowed to see them, or have a relationship with them, or try to bring them into our homes and love and protect them , just because their mother is a piece of uncaring ****. That is just cold.
Are you saying that because we did not know what was going on in the parents care we don't deserve to be a part of their lives.
Are you judging everyone in the family as you would Lena and Jo Ann.:furious:

Maybe someone here more familiar with CPS can offer you some advice or information regarding family visitation and if that's possible.
I agree that children should be able to have some contact with the positive family members in their life. They need to know they are wanted and loved.

When my mother died my half sister's father told some of us that we wouldn't get to see her again. I contacted several lawyers only to be turned down to bring up a visitation case because the only precedents in WV for court ordered visitation was for parent and grandparents. Basically we were up the creek without a paddle since we were "only" siblings and they said we didn't have a leg to stand on. We weren't influential enough in a toddlers life for the courts to consider it a necessity.

Vickie- Did you find out what night this week you're going on Bring Them Home Now?

No I have not yet. My daughter came to visit this weekend and I had a baby shower for her. Therefore I havent really got to speak to bros. much. Hope to schedule it tomorrow for some time this week.

Do you believe that CPS will offer these children back to the same people that couldnt even provide pictures of Aliayah? Thats like feeding them to the wolves. Im sorry and dont mean to be disrespectful, but I pray they can't ever touch them again.

A this point in time the only wolves I am sure of are Lena and Ralph.As a Grandmother I have a zillion pictures of my 1 grandson,but maybe Lena took all Joanns photos?I doubt it but I just do not have enough to put her in the same category as those 2.If they allowed her to keep the children with a lot of over site and with Vickie and her brothers involved as well.IMO It is better to keep all the siblings together as long as they can be protected are loved and taken care of.

Sorry, but I'm not getting a good feeling about JoAnn either. I mean, a child doesn't raise itself and in most cases the apple doesn't fall far from the tree unless they decide to change their lives. Scamming and the numerous "frauds" that LL has committed is not something you just learn over night. Scamming the system is generally a learned pattern of living.
I'm a mom and I'll love my son no matter WHAT he does but I will never, ever be an enabler.
I feel like JoAnn is the "key" to this whole situation. A mother knows her child and she knows what LL is capable of doing IMO. Apparently some need is being fulfilled by NOT talking to her family who are trying to help while Aliayah's own parents do NOT. Like Dr Phil says, "What's in it for JoAnn, NOT to talk or be proactive in finding Aliayah?" There's no other explanation than her bread is being buttered somehow, someway by not talking. This could even be "not losing the love of her own daughter" but it's something!!
Hope I'm making sense...
I don't have a shred of compassion for JoAnn at this point. JMO.

Every family most likely has a bad apple in their family,some worse then others.You can not punish the whole family for the actions of one.Those children have lost enough IMO they do not need to lose any more.Being with decent,loving family I believe is so much better for them all.

No I have not yet. My daughter came to visit this weekend and I had a baby shower for her. Therefore I havent really got to speak to bros. much. Hope to schedule it tomorrow for some time this week.

Sounds like congratulations are in order!:congrats:

Do you believe that those that are looking for Aliayah and wanting the other childen should not be allowed to see them, or have a relationship with them, or try to bring them into our homes and love and protect them , just because their mother is a piece of uncaring ****. That is just cold.
Are you saying that because we did not know what was going on in the parents care we don't deserve to be a part of their lives.

I am cold? ...How many days has Aliayah been missing, Vickie? I know that they are your family-I understand that, but when you continue to enable JoAnn who continues to enable RL and LL -how do you think that is helping these children? Maybe I am not typing exactly what I mean. ...
LL, RL and JoAnn have made NO effort to help find Aliayah. ANYONE who helps them are not helping find Aliayah. And if you (for instance) are helping JoAnn who in turn helps LL and RL ---CPS will not ever give you custody.
Have you had a chance to talk to the neighbor yet?

Every family most likely has a bad apple in their family,some worse then others.You can not punish the whole family for the actions of one.Those children have lost enough IMO they do not need to lose any more.Being with decent,loving family I believe is so much better for them all.

I understand that, I am lucky I have several in my family. And I can assure you if one of their little ones went missing, and they spent their time selling food stamps, buying drugs and making excuses why NOT to help LE find this baby, LE would need to protect them from ME. This child needs to be found, she deserves that much. SHE is what is important here and still is lost in the mess.

I didnt mean to make you "furious".....I was just offering my opinion, even if it isnt the popular one here, it is the popular opinion in the community.

IMO it isn't only her mother that is uncaring. As for not knowing what was goin on in the home, I thought you had never met her? And you have agreed that your family has lied to you in the past, so you know that isn't helping to find Aliayah, so why waste your time or energy on them? I have nearly begged for someone to talk to the neighbor across the street and to find out who the Christine Wiser is-and it seems like still noone has done that. I will be speaking with the FBI tomorrow to see about organizing a search party and other things that could be done by caring citizens.

Always remember Vickie, this isn't about you or I -its about Aliayah.

I didnt mean to make you "furious".....I was just offering my opinion, even if it isnt the popular one here, it is the popular opinion in the community.

IMO it isn't only her mother that is uncaring. As for not knowing what was goin on in the home, I thought you had never met her? And you have agreed that your family has lied to you in the past, so you know that isn't helping to find Aliayah, so why waste your time or energy on them? I have nearly begged for someone to talk to the neighbor across the street and to find out who the Christine Wiser is-and it seems like still noone has done that. I will be speaking with the FBI tomorrow to see about organizing a search party and other things that could be done by caring citizens.

Always remember Vickie, this isn't about you or I -its about Aliayah.

I'm standing right beside you CJM. Your passion, honesty and willingness to speak out stirred my heart.

I feel for VB and her brothers. They are doing what they can in terms of searching for Aliayah and speaking out, that is admirable. But as you said CJ, their vision may be clouded by their allegiance to Joann.

I'm not sure what her role in all this is, but I do strongly feel she is covering for Lena. It appears she has done this all her life, and it's why Lena is the way she is today. Enabling in a situation such as this means complicit in my book.

Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. I've been in a very tough spot with my oldest son. I never stopped loving him, but he made his bed and he suffered the consequences. It would have been easier and far less painful for me to be an enabler, but that would not have helped him in the long run.

Sounds like congratulations are in order!:congrats:

Actually, I'm gonna be Grandma twice !!!!!!!!!
Both of my daughters are preggos !!!!!!!!!!!!
Oldest gal 31 due Dec.12
Youngest gal 29 due Jan. 5th (her birthday !!)
Both having BOYS yeah me !!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.
I just pray they are all healthy.

Actually, I'm gonna be Grandma twice !!!!!!!!!
Both of my daughters are preggos !!!!!!!!!!!!
Oldest gal 31 due Dec.12
Youngest gal 29 due Jan. 5th (her birthday !!)
Both having BOYS yeah me !!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.
I just pray they are all healthy.

Awesome. You deserve some happiness right about now.

I am cold? ...How many days has Aliayah been missing, Vickie? I know that they are your family-I understand that, but when you continue to enable JoAnn who continues to enable RL and LL -how do you think that is helping these children? Maybe I am not typing exactly what I mean. ...
LL, RL and JoAnn have made NO effort to help find Aliayah. ANYONE who helps them are not helping find Aliayah. And if you (for instance) are helping JoAnn who in turn helps LL and RL ---CPS will not ever give you custody.
Have you had a chance to talk to the neighbor yet?

I AM NOT ENABLING ANYONE

Since I don't have time right now to explain everything in detail , I will just list some facts.
Aliayah disapeared
I believed Jo ANN about "gag" order and other lies
We searched for Aliayah
Other 4 children taken by CPS
Found out Jo ANN lied about gag order and a lot of other things, admitted it to public
Jo Ann quit speaking to me
Still searching for Aliayah and doing all we can
Sent message to Lena , Ralph and JoAnn (read it, it is posted on this site as well as every other site I know they read).
How the heck is that ENABLING .
Yes I have spoke of having compassion for Jo Ann , she is my sister. I do not believe she had anything to do with the disapearance of Aliayah, but I do believe she knows more than she is saying and I am doing my best to get her to talk.
Again , how the heck is that ENABLING.
<Mod Snip> this is not your family so you can look at it without a lot of emotion, I can't. This is my family, my life and I want Aliayah found, and I also want as much of my family salvaged from all this as possible. We will live with this the rest of our lives. I want ALL who are GUILTY PUNISHED. But I don't think ALL of us should be punished for what a few have done. Most of us do love Aliayah and all her siblings and want them ALL to be part of our lives. If that is enabling or wrong of us , so be it.

Vickie, this thread may not be about you, or me, or anyone else on this board but this post is about YOU. I can't just sit back and read anymore without saying something. I also have a missing family member (my sister) and I'm not trying to go off topic on here-I just want you to know that I know some of what you're feeling. You and your brothers are doing whatever is needed to help Aliayah. I know personally, that there are times you will do just about anything to keep that feeling of helplessness away, even if it means helping "enablers". You and your brothers should not be made to feel guilty or defensive about that. You just keep doing what you need to do because no one, even if they've had to go through this misery themselves, will fully understand what it feels like for you. You, Aliayah and your family are in my prayers.

I'm standing right beside you CJM. Your passion, honesty and willingness to speak out stirred my heart.

I feel for VB and her brothers. They are doing what they can in terms of searching for Aliayah and speaking out, that is admirable. But as you said CJ, their vision may be clouded by their allegiance to Joann.

I'm not sure what her role in all this is, but I do strongly feel she is covering for Lena. It appears she has done this all her life, and it's why Lena is the way she is today. Enabling in a situation such as this means complicit in my book.

Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. I've been in a very tough spot with my oldest son. I never stopped loving him, but he made his bed and he suffered the consequences. It would have been easier and far less painful for me to be an enabler, but that would not have helped him in the long run.

I am very sorry about your son. I understand what its like to have a family member with problems like LL. I also understand that when you enable them -you think you are helping them, but you aren't. It only gets worse ..and worse. I wish I could tell you what I have been through but this is not about me, this is about Aliayah.

I have spent MUCH of my waking hours, writing emails, contacting people I know who are involved in missing persons cases and praying for a little girl that I have never met. Its just what we do....because we care.

Vickie, this thread may not be about you, or me, or anyone else on this board but this post is about YOU. I can't just sit back and read anymore without saying something. I also have a missing family member (my sister) and I'm not trying to go off topic on here-I just want you to know that I know some of what you're feeling. You and your brothers are doing whatever is needed to help Aliayah. I know personally, that there are times you will do just about anything to keep that feeling of helplessness away, even if it means helping "enablers". You and your brothers should not be made to feel guilty or defensive about that. You just keep doing what you need to do because no one, even if they've had to go through this misery themselves, will fully understand what it feels like for you. You, Aliayah and your family are in my prayers.

I am so sorry you are going thru this too. I wouldn't wish it in my worst enemy. I will be praying for your sister and you too. I pray that that your sister is found soon. This is the hardest thing I have ever been thru. Thank you for understanding, I have been on emotional overload and maybe do get mouthy sometimes, but it does get on a persons nerves sometimes to the point of explosion. I have to remember that you can't please everyone all the time and ya just gotta do what you feel is right. It is easy to judge others but it is best to keep somethings to ones self. I have to stay focused on finding Aliayah and ignore everything else. I am sure you feel the same sometimes. Everyone has opinions, and most think they are right, but I have learned, we as humans can only do so much. But when it gets too heavy a load to bear,I give it to God. I believe in God with all my heart and I know He answers prayers. So I will continue to pray. God bless you.

Vickie-
Does Joann have enough bedrooms for 7 children? CPS will not release the children to a family member unless they meet all requirements....and one of them is proper sleeping arrangements.
LL & RL sure didn't have the proper sleeping arrangements. 5 kids & 2 adults in a 2 BR house ?? Pregnant w/twins so it would've been 7 & 2 in a 2 BR. Personally, I wondered about the fire hazard of that many ppl in a 2 BR. Doesn't WV/Weston have fire codes for such things ?

I think any one of us would be proud and grateful to have Vickie as a relative. What a gift for her family!

Now on to reality. CPS will never give the kids to Jo Ann, no matter how big her trailer is - well, maybe the older ones. How could she take care of 3 infants? It's quite a job for a young person. She's too old.

As for the older kids, she won't be able to handle them in a few years - remember she is the mother of LL & that didn't turn out very well.

My philosophy is we must raise children to be responsible adults. How could Jo Ann keep track of teen agers?

It's just not realistic to think the kids will be released to her. LL will always be around because she has nowhere else to go. Except the prison. What about RL? His influence on them is _______. Fill in the blank. What a piece of c*#@.

The 3 babies should be adopted out - give them a chance to grow up to be decent people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member