Found Deceased WY - Aubree Corona, 28, did not return to campsite, Sublette County, 13 Jul 2019

montanagirl15, my deepest condolences. How are the children?
Thank-you. The children are struggling, especially Aubree's 8 year old son. The entire time Aubree was missing all he could think about and worry about was whether his mom had food, water and was warm. Fortunately, one of Aubree's brothers has guardianship of the children and is providing a very loving, nuturing home for them. As a family we are all here to love and support Aubree's children and help them get through this!

I just cannot even imagine how hard it must be for them. I’m glad they have a safe place to grow up and keep the memory of their mother alive.
My heart breaks for Aubree's 3-year old, she doesn't understand. The other day another cousin was getting a hair cut for school, Aubree's 3-year old piped up saying, "I want haircut, I want haircut!" We asked her if she wanted her haircut and she said yes, "but I ask Mommy first!" All of our hearts just dropped!

We are still waiting for the autopsy results and the investigation to be completed, but Aubree was prone to anxiety/panic attacks and based on her interaction with people on Saturday July 13th LE believes she may have had an attack that only accelerated through out the day causing her behavior to become more and more irrational. By the time the truck failed she was no longer thinking clearly or rationally. It appears she suffered paradoxical disrobing prior to laying down where she was found. While the investigation is still continuing, after visiting the site where they found Aubree we believe it may be a plausible theory. However, with the time Aubree was out in the elements we may or may not be able to get all the answers as to what really happened that day. But we are tremendously grateful and blessed, that with everyone's help we were able to bring our dear Aubree home and lay her to rest. There are so many families that are still looking for their loved ones years, even decades, later. My heart goes out to each of those families! I just know the torment and anguish we as a family went through as we looked for Aubree, and for anyone to have to endure those emotions for years even decades, is incomprehensible to me! My heart aches, I feel like I can't breathe, I'm sick to my stomach, I don't want to eat, my brain is mush, and I'm exhausted! I cannot imagine enduring that for years! My prayers go out to ALL those families that are just starting to search and especially those families who's
searches have been ongoing! While the outcome for Aubree was not what we had hoped for, we are blessed that we were able to bring her home!

Beautiful post Montanagirl. Very well said. It was a horrible outcome, but at least you know the outcome. And so many families never get those answers and that is a life long devastation.

My heart goes out to her children. I am so glad they have a strong, supportive family foundation to help them through this tragedy.

OT, but bear with me. 22 years ago my best friend wanted to fly across country to help me w my dad’s funeral arrangements because she didn’t want me to face the grief alone. But because she was in finals week for her 4 yr nursing program, I refused her help. I didn’t want to inconvenience her at such an important time. Four days later she was killed in a fairly minor fender-bender that snapped her neck on impact. For years I wondered if she’d be alive today if I’d allowed her to give me the help she so sincerely offered.

The point is that a series of circumstances led to Aubree’s tragic death. Alcohol. A camping trip. The requirement to check in with LE. A tendency to get disoriented/lost. A lack of help. Help that was turned down. A search that was too short. A truck that broke down. The absence of any ONE of those factors may have led to a different outcome.

All I know for sure is that thinking “what-if” & placing blame won’t bring Aubree- or anyone- back. It won’t bring peace. It won’t bring learning. It won’t help the community or her family or friends. It won’t help her kids. I am sincerely sorry about Aubree’s death & hope that EVERYONE who knew her can mourn in peace.

Edited to clarify alcohol- not drugs.

Last edited:
OT, but bear with me. 22 years ago my best friend wanted to fly across country to help me w my dad’s funeral arrangements because she didn’t want me to face the grief alone. But because she was in finals week for her 4 yr nursing program, I refused her help. I didn’t want to inconvenience her at such an important time. Four days later she was killed in a fairly minor fender-bender that snapped her neck on impact. For years I wondered if she’d be alive today if I’d allowed her to give me the help she so sincerely offered.

The point is that a series of circumstances led to Aubree’s tragic death. Drugs. A camping trip. The requirement to check in with LE. A tendency to get disoriented/lost. A lack of help. Help that was turned down. A search that was too short. A truck that broke down. The absence of any ONE of those factors may have led to a different outcome.

All I know for sure is that thinking “what-if” & placing blame won’t bring Aubree- or anyone- back. It won’t bring peace. It won’t bring learning. It won’t help the community or her family or friends. It won’t help her kids. I am sincerely sorry about Aubree’s death & hope that EVERYONE who knew her can mourn in peace.

Beautifully said Joe!

RIP Aubree....may your family find strength and peace in the days ahead.

My heart breaks for Aubree's 3-year old, she doesn't understand. The other day another cousin was getting a hair cut for school, Aubree's 3-year old piped up saying, "I want haircut, I want haircut!" We asked her if she wanted her haircut and she said yes, "but I ask Mommy first!" All of our hearts just dropped!

Mental health therapist here-
Kids have a hard time understanding the permanence of death.
It's important to help kid identify their emotions ("I know you must be feeling sad, I am too...")
Provide comfort and help them remember their mother.
Let them know that it's also ok to feel happy sometimes (like when they remember a fun time they had), that grief doesn't have to be 24/7 sadness. Use those happy memories as an offering of support for them.
The easiest way I have found to explain grief to kids (or intellectually disabled adults) is to imagine you have a box and grief is a ball in the box. In the begining the grief is big and the ball fills the whole box leaving little room for anything else. As time goes on the ball gets smaller leaving room for other feelings in the box. At any time and with out warning the ball can get bigger and fill the box again. We have to do things to make the ball smaller.
My condolences.
Obviously my advice can't replace therapy but this is a good start I think.

Mental health therapist here-
Kids have a hard time understanding the permanence of death.
It's important to help kid identify their emotions ("I know you must be feeling sad, I am too...")
Provide comfort and help them remember their mother.
Let them know that it's also ok to feel happy sometimes (like when they remember a fun time they had), that grief doesn't have to be 24/7 sadness. Use those happy memories as an offering of support for them.
The easiest way I have found to explain grief to kids (or intellectually disabled adults) is to imagine you have a box and grief is a ball in the box. In the begining the grief is big and the ball fills the whole box leaving little room for anything else. As time goes on the ball gets smaller leaving room for other feelings in the box. At any time and with out warning the ball can get bigger and fill the box again. We have to do things to make the ball smaller.
My condolences.
Obviously my advice can't replace therapy but this is a good start I think.
Thank-you so much for your insight and advice. We actually do have Aubree's 8 year old in therapy to help him with this difficult time. We're keeping a close eye on the 3 year old and will get her help if and when needed.

We are still waiting for the autopsy results and the investigation to be completed, but Aubree was prone to anxiety/panic attacks and based on her interaction with people on Saturday July 13th LE believes she may have had an attack that only accelerated through out the day causing her behavior to become more and more irrational. By the time the truck failed she was no longer thinking clearly or rationally. It appears she suffered paradoxical disrobing prior to laying down where she was found. While the investigation is still continuing, after visiting the site where they found Aubree we believe it may be a plausible theory. However, with the time Aubree was out in the elements we may or may not be able to get all the answers as to what really happened that day. But we are tremendously grateful and blessed, that with everyone's help we were able to bring our dear Aubree home and lay her to rest. There are so many families that are still looking for their loved ones years, even decades, later. My heart goes out to each of those families! I just know the torment and anguish we as a family went through as we looked for Aubree, and for anyone to have to endure those emotions for years even decades, is incomprehensible to me! My heart aches, I feel like I can't breathe, I'm sick to my stomach, I don't want to eat, my brain is mush, and I'm exhausted! I cannot imagine enduring that for years! My prayers go out to ALL those families that are just starting to search and especially those families who's
searches have been ongoing! While the outcome for Aubree was not what we had hoped for, we are blessed that we were able to bring her home!
My sincerest condolences to you and all of Aubree's family, especially the young children! I cannot imagine your pain, but am wishing you some measure of peace and healing each passing day.

Thank you so much for continuing to be here and update us. I can't imagine your heartbreak and the utter pain all of your family is in. I am relieved that you have her home and are able to care for her children. I wish you peace as you continue to grieve.

I will too. Sending love. I am also still thinking of it. I felt like i had so much in common with her even though we had never met. We both lived in sweetwater county, we were the same age, both had 2 children, and we also both went to Spanish Fork High School. I am from Utah and living in Rock Springs. It iust breaks my heart. Sending all the love i can and reminding the family that even strangers will never forget about Aubree.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back