Found Deceased WY - Gabby Petito, Grand Teton National Park #87

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CNN analysis. <modsnip> the P's disagree with this conclusion, and have, as matter of their legal right, their constitutional right, I might add, chosen to test this vague opinion in a court of law. Which is why you are posting stuff, and why I am posting stuff. Because the P's hold the opinion that that conclusion is erroneous.

Let's reverse it. If the P's had not instigated this civil suit, would you be posting anything at all about Gabby Petito"? Would I ? no.
<modsnip>

The Laundries are not charged with any criminal acts. They are being sued in civil court.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mind stating what facts have been completely ignored just to vilify Brian?
A brutal, controlling man "grooming her" as BL has been painted would not have:
a. worked 18 months to 2 years to help her accumulate the money for her dream.
b. The funds would never have been put into her name alone. More likely just his. The total control of money and her comment "He's not good with money" might be seen as financial abuse.
c. Ditto for the camper, which IIRC she sold her car to purchase, but he and his father fixed if up. It was just in her name and remained in her name. Nope, doesn't add up to him controlling her.
d. The dream was hers, the blog was hers. I don't see that he really had anything. And about the blog, do you think she would have neglected to learn how to post pictures and write her posts before they left if he were abusive? In my opinion, she'd have her job learned and polished to keep herself out of harm's way.
e. The Moab authorities have said that had they made an arrest at that point in time, they would have had to arrest her. He was driving. She was hitting him, causing him to swerve and hit the curb. That incident gets so turned around that he is still the problem. And the officers were so badly mistaken, even people without any experience in LE know how it should have been done. Plus, those are definitely not the actions of a woman who is afraid of the man she is with. She would not feel free to pummel him and call him stupid.

That's the post I was replying to.
Motives of civil lawsuits can be many, but the civil courts in the U.S. are not adjudicating a case based on the filers' motives, but on American civil law. An important distinction.

The Laundries are not and have never been charged with anything criminal. Regardless of what a plaintiff believes in a civil trial.
Yep. The Petito family are not suing the Laundries for criminal conspiracy.

Joseph Petito and Nichole Schmidt are suing Laundrie’s parents and their attorney, claiming they intentionally withheld information about 22-year-old Gabby Petito’s death, causing them pain and emotional distress.

b. The funds would never have been put into her name alone. More likely just his. The total control of money and her comment "He's not good with money" might be seen as financial abuse.
c. Ditto for the camper, which IIRC she sold her car to purchase, but he and his father fixed if up. It was just in her name and remained in her name. Nope, doesn't add up to him controlling her.
d. The dream was hers, the blog was hers. I don't see that he really had anything. And about the blog, do you think she would have neglected to learn how to post pictures and write her posts before they left if he were abusive? In my opinion, she'd have her job learned and polished to keep herself out of harm's way.
e. The Moab authorities have said that had they made an arrest at that point in time, they would have had to arrest her. He was driving. She was hitting him, causing him to swerve and hit the curb. That incident gets so turned around that he is still the problem. And the officers were so badly mistaken, even people without any experience in LE know how it should have been done. Plus, those are definitely not the actions of a woman who is afraid of the man she is with. She would not feel free to pummel him and call him stupid.
About the blog- that's the only point that I'm going to address here- she crafted it in a way to show only happy moments, not the abuse that was clearly going on. So what if it was hers alone??? How does that prove villifying Brian?

A civil suit is commonplace in the U.S. and has nothing to do with criminality. People sue one another in civil courts all the time. Commonplace.
Not entirely true. Oftentimes, Civil Suits are used to seek justice/accountability when a perp isn't found guilty in a criminal trial, but is guilty. Prime Example: OJ Simpson.

Here's a great learning opportunity:
Myths about domestic abuse - Women’s Aid

Not entirely true. Oftentimes, Civil Suits are used to seek justice/accountability when a perp isn't found guilty in a criminal trial, but is guilty. Prime Example: OJ Simpson.
In this case the perp was BL not his parents. If I follow your analogy the Petito family would have been satisfied with the $3 million dollar judgement they won against BL's estate.

A Sarasota County, Florida, judge ruled Thursday in favor of Gabby Petito’s family in a wrongful-death lawsuit against the estate of Brian Laundrie.

The final judgment awards $3 million to Petito’s mother, Nichole Schmidt, as the administrator of Petito’s estate.

BBM. I think the lawsuit against Moab police is ridiculous. The lawyer issued a photo of Gabby that they claim was found on her phone taken the day of the police stop and claims it shows signs of strangulation. Gabby told police how her injuries happened and it was recorded. I guess the lawyer "forgot" that giant FACT. GMAB

JMO

I take it you are talking about the Moab and the Chris and Roberta Laundrie lawsuits. What are the contradicting facts?
In the Moab lawsuit, it claims a photo of Gabby was found on her phone and it showed signs of strangulation and was taken before they were stopped by Moab police. But the LE body cam video doesn't show these same injuries. Link below. She looks in pain. I believe this happened perhaps when she fell as Brian claimed in his suicide note.

In the Laundrie lawsuit, it claims Brian sent GP's mother a text message about "Stan" and that Gabby never called her grandfather by his first name.

So, how is it possible that Brian had Gabby's phone after her death, yet it landed into the hands of her parents' lawyer?

JMO

In the Moab lawsuit, it claims a photo of Gabby was found on her phone and it showed signs of strangulation and was taken before they were stopped by Moab police. But the LE body cam video doesn't show these same injuries. Link below. She looks in pain. I believe this happened perhaps when she fell as Brian claimed in his suicide note.

In the Laundrie lawsuit, it claims Brian sent GP's mother a text message about "Stan" and that Gabby never called her grandfather by his first name.

So, how is it possible that Brian had Gabby's phone after her death, yet it landed into the hands of her parents' lawyer?

JMO

Thanks. I see what you're saying now.

I wonder how Gabby's phone got from BL to her parents lawyer. It would be interesting to know the chain of custody of this evidence. JMO.

About the blog- that's the only point that I'm going to address here- she crafted it in a way to show only happy moments, not the abuse that was clearly going on. So what if it was hers alone??? How does that prove villifying Brian?

There was no domestic violence. Not a mark on either one of them in the youtube videos. They were engaged and look very happy together.
JMO

Thanks. I see what you're saying now.

I wonder how Gabby's phone got from BL to her parents lawyer. It would be interesting to know the chain of custody of this evidence. JMO.
Yes, indeed. I think the FBI also may want to know that info.

JMO

Gee, domestic violence experts have even weighed to suggest Gabby was strangled or suffocated BEFORE Moab police stopped their van. Last I heard, a person can only be strangled/suffocated once.
JMO

“The officers ignored this critical evidence and did nothing to follow up on, or to further investigate, Gabby’s report that Brian had violently grabbed her face and cut her cheek,” the website says. “The Utah Criminal Code’s definition of aggravated assault includes any act that impedes the breathing or circulation through an act of violence by ‘applying pressure to the neck or throat’ or by ‘obstructing the nose, mouth, or airway.’ UCA 26-5-103 (b). Domestic violence experts who have reviewed the evidence have stated that “all the clues lead us to conclude that Gabby was most likely strangled and/or suffocated by Brian before the police arrived on August 12, 2021.” Domestic violence research shows that if a victim of intimate partner violence is strangled or suffocated even one time, she is 750% more likely to be killed by that person.”

Gee, domestic violence experts have even weighed to suggest Gabby was strangled or suffocated BEFORE Moab police stopped their van. Last I heard, a person can only be strangled/suffocated once.
JMO
Are you implying not a single person ever on the face of the other has survived someone trying to strangle them? Someone can be strangled more than once!

JMO

“The officers ignored this critical evidence and did nothing to follow up on, or to further investigate, Gabby’s report that Brian had violently grabbed her face and cut her cheek,” the website says. “The Utah Criminal Code’s definition of aggravated assault includes any act that impedes the breathing or circulation through an act of violence by ‘applying pressure to the neck or throat’ or by ‘obstructing the nose, mouth, or airway.’ UCA 26-5-103 (b). Domestic violence experts who have reviewed the evidence have stated that “all the clues lead us to conclude that Gabby was most likely strangled and/or suffocated by Brian before the police arrived on August 12, 2021.” Domestic violence research shows that if a victim of intimate partner violence is strangled or suffocated even one time, she is 750% more likely to be killed by that person.”
I guess it's obvious that not all strangulation/suffocation assaults are fatal.

"b. A person commits domestic battery by strangulation
if the person knowingly and intentionally, against the
will of another, impedes the normal breathing or circulation of the blood of a family or household member or of a person with whom they are in a dating relationship, so as to create a risk of or cause great bodily harm by applying pressure on the throat or neck of the other person or by blocking the nose or mouth of the other person."

This paragraph does not apply to any act of medical diagnosis, treatment, or prescription which is authorized under the laws of this state."

Screen Shot 2023-12-09 at 7.16.59 PM.png

I am sure most of us have seen this already, but I am sharing it again because I feel like the debating of Brain Laundrie’s obvious guilt (homicide) is distracting from discussion regarding the lawsuits. I also would be remiss to not mention there is no law anywhere in the US that I am aware of that one is allowed to kill another person if they get injured in the wilderness; that is still murder.

FBI Denver Provides Final Investigative Update on Gabrielle Petito Case: “The investigation did not identify any other individuals other than Brian Laundrie directly involved in the tragic death of Gabby Petito….”​

I copy and pasted because I am on mobile, but if an admin or mod could adjust the font on this post so it’s not huge I would appreciate it. Size of font is not intentional.

I guess it's obvious that not all strangulation/suffocation assaults are fatal.

"b. A person commits domestic battery by strangulation
if the person knowingly and intentionally, against the
will of another, impedes the normal breathing or circulation of the blood of a family or household member or of a person with whom they are in a dating relationship, so as to create a risk of or cause great bodily harm by applying pressure on the throat or neck of the other person or by blocking the nose or mouth of the other person."

This paragraph does not apply to any act of medical diagnosis, treatment, or prescription which is authorized under the laws of this state."

View attachment 467004
There is no evidence whatsoever that Gabby was ever previously strangled/suffocated by Brian, nor did she mention it to Moab LE. She blamed Brian's backpack for the injury to her face and said he placed his hand on her face so she wouldn't keep hitting him. No injuries to her face or throat in the lengthy Youtube video I posted upthread.

JMO

There is no evidence whatsoever that Gabby was ever previously strangled/suffocated by Brian, nor did she mention it to Moab LE. She blamed Brian's backpack for the injury to her face and said he placed his hand on her face so she wouldn't keep hitting him. No injuries to her face or throat in the lengthy Youtube video I posted upthread.

JMO
I'm confused what you are trying to say. Is it that there was no DV? Or that there was DV and Gabby was the one who was the perpetrator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CleverFox