Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a live video happening right now? I'm sorry, I'm just trying to find what other people are watching but I can't find it on the local fox fb page. It's really hard to keep up.

There is such a huge response in the search for BL that I think they got some info off of any devices they may have taken yesterday. Idk if they took devices but it's just a massive amount of people in the one spot so it seems like they have info about this, beyond "he liked to go there".

Trying to catch up.

Might be totally irrelevant based on where I am in the thread right now, but BL was an uncle. Knowing criss-cross apple sauce seems totally normal to me. I also say it (although I'm a parent).
I don’t think it’s weird at all I was a preschool teacher and I said it to my son who’s 11

Having access to their phones doesn’t mean they physically have the actual phones……….but it does prove that they both had phones. BL def had a phone

We already had that proof from the Police body cam footage (August 12th).

MAR 17
: IG Post- 1 yr anniversary
JUL 2: GP announced her engagement to BL

JUL 2
: Van Life Road Trip Began for Gabby Petito and BL - GP is the owner of the van
JUL 5: The couple stopped at Kansas' Monument Rocks
JUL 8: Their next stop was Colorado Springs
JUL 10: Petito updated her Instagram with photos of her walking at Grand Sand Dunes National Park
JUL 16: Petito’s smiling in a photo from the couple’s next stop at Zion National Park
JUL 20: Petito informed her Instagram followers that they were at Cedar Breaks
JUL 21: The next stop was Bryce Canyon National Park
JUL 26: Petito posted a photo relaxing in hot tub at Mystic Hot Springs
JUL 30: The couple stopped at Canyonlands National Park Mesa Arch
==================================
AUG 10
: JF met Gabby and BL near Moab, Utah where they chatted about 40 min. JF and his gf then set off on a hike to the Delicate Arch. When they got back to the parking lot, Gabby and Laundrie were gone.
AUG 12: The couple was at the organic store (Moonflower) from 9am to 3pm according to the police video - they were going to get water and showers - police report incident is at 4pm and the video is over an hour long of this incident. BL is taken to a hotel -Where does Gabby go for the night?

AUG 12
: The couple took a hike at Arches National Park - Believe the hike was august 9 and posted on aug 12
AUG 12 Moab, UT PD police incident report - no criminal charges,respond to an incident involving BL and Gabrielle Petito
AUG 12 Arches National Park - reservation only campsite (per PE) - Is this where Gabby stayed in her van/tent?

AUG 13
: BF posted an Instagram photo from their next destination in Moab
=============================
AUG 17: BL returns to Florida via airplane to move their things out of storage returns Aug 23 -Some reports say he moved stuff into storage and some say out of storage

AUG 19: YouTube travel video posted
AUG 21: Gabbys dad orders Uber eats
AUG 21: Gabby told her Dad on FaceTime that they had lost power during a stop in Salt Lake City.
AUG 23: BL returns from Florida trip via airplane (Where was the van parked?)
AUG 24: The couple were seen checking out of a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah
AUG 25: Petito’s family spoke to her for the last time over the phone and she said she was in Grand Teton National Park
Last phone call between Gabby & her mom, Nicole Schmidt. Last Instagram post from Monarch Wall in Ogden, Utah.
AUG 25 - Couple spots van at 5pm at Jenny Lake - alerts LE 9/17 they saw it (this is new information for the timeline)
AUG 27
- Gabby's uncle posts there was a snapchat Gabby sent a friend -heading to Yellowstone (in Dailymail article)
AUG 27 & 30: text messages from Gabby’s phone sent to mom
After August 30th, Gabby’s parents weren’t able to get in contact with Gabby or her fiance. Her fiance’s mother also was not responding to any phone calls.”
AUG 29- BL is picked up at 5:30pm while hiking alone in Grand Teton (tiktok)

AUG 30: Text from Gabby to Mom - No service in Yosemite
August 31: A new list titled “Self-Consumption” appeared on the couple’s Spotify
SEP 1: BL returns home to FL alone, retains an attorney & is uncooperative with the investigation
SEP 10:: Gabby’s mother texted Brian and his mother, Roberta, trying to get in touch with Gabby, but neither replied The family alerted the National Park Service.
Sept 10-? Discovery of her Van
SEP 11: Gabby’s family report her missing 7 PM
Sep 11: Van seized at the home of BL parents in NorthPort FL - FBI
Sep 14: BL family lawyer issues statement
Sept 15: NorthPort police names BL as Person of Interest
Sept 15: Gabby's family issues another statement
Sep 15- Northport police chief asks BL lawyer to assist in finding Gabby
Sep 17 - FBI takes over search in WY (GTNP =Grand Teton National Park)
Sept 17- BL family asks police to come to their home
Sept 17- LE at BL home - he is declared missing by his parents as of Tuesday

——-
Note:
September 1: POI BL is in Florida (we don't yet know when he left with her van to drive home to his parents house where he remains)

4 songs were added to the playlist "Mtn tops," on an account Gabby Petito appears to share with her boyfriend Brian Laundrie: Many of the songs, collected on an account she appeared to share with her fiancé, Brian Laundrie, focus on love and heartache.
"Your woman is your angel, is your left side, is your whole life; easily the most beautiful thing in the world," one song, Matt Berry’s "Woman," begins. "She'll soothe you; she'll accuse you; she'll confuse you; she'll lose you but always be the best friend you have in the world."

Another song, "Take My Hand," is about picking up a stranger at a bar. "The Badger’s Wake" is about a badger decomposing underground.

Mother of missing Gabby Petito says boyfriend and his family IGNORED her desperate texts | Daily Mail Online

Missing woman's haunting songs on Spotify account may provide answers

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local...-laundrie-hiking-in-grand-teton-national-park

WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE No discussion*
ETA discovery of the van by Gabbys dad on person is questionable- he may have driven by and called LE (need to research this)

From the timeline in above post:
After August 30th, Gabby’s parents weren’t able to get in contact with Gabby or her fiance. Her fiance’s mother also was not responding to any phone calls.”

This certainly makes it appear that the family is well aware of what happened, at least the basics. If they’re truly worried about BL now, maybe they can at least understand how Gabby’s family felt when no one would give them any information whatsoever. But IMO, I doubt they have any compassion for others.

moo

A couple of quick comments/questions...

Is it possible the "Christopher" that called 911 on the fight in Moab was BL's father?

Seems plausible the urgent reason for BL's quick trip back to Florida was to get flush with cash -- might he have had a CD or some such come due and need to be there on a specific date to withdraw?

Also, is it possible the storage unit was in Gabby's name and therefore would have been the focus of a search if it had been left intact?

The timing of that trip back in relation to the Moab murders has my hinky meter running. Because the Moonflower dining area was so small ( Moonflower Community Co-op in Moab, Utah - Moonflower Community Cooperative ) it's obvious there was plenty of personal contact between GP/BL and KS. Due to Gabby's open and friendly nature many personal details may have been discussed within hearing distance of the bogeyman/creeper. I get the feeling that Gabby may have attracted a stalker in Moab who killed Turner and Schultz before heading north on the tail of Gabby and BL. (I keep thinking of Ted Bundy and how eager he would have been to do the same...)

Too, BL's return to SLC may have been due to the discovery of Turner and Schultz-- that news broke on the 18th/19th while he was in Florida-- pretty darn scary for Gabby, I imagine. Especially if she ended up reconnecting with the ladies the night of the altercation, which I think is entirely possible since they were in town at the tavern and Gabby was with her van in Moab. Not much of a stretch to think they may have checked in on her, maybe even extended an offer to camp at their site for the night. Which of course is another scenario that may have put her in close proximity to creeper dude. (Wonder if either one of their DNA was found in the van, because if it were me, I'd have offered to drive her out and back into town again as a helping hand.)

Took me a couple of days to catch up on these threads! Thanks for all your hard work...

JMO

He can't hide...for long. *If* he is still alive, he should contact his attorney, surrender, and work with his attorney. NY State does not have the death penalty, and the way sentences go in the U.S., he can take classes, have pen pals, and will likely only serve half his sentence.
Let us hope his parents are encouraging him to do the right thing...."when" they talk to him of course.

Then again, we have no idea whether he is guilty. The above is just speculating.

Amateur opinion and speculation

esp now there’s a huge difference in a town police looking for you compared to the feds, they’ll find him. Does go back to jurisdiction will he go back t New York or is it a Florida issue?

Working on updating the timeline to include yesterday and today's events. Re: the search this morning, can someone point me in the direction as to what led them to this area? Do we know?
https://twitter.com/shannoncwtsp/status/1439237916790824964?s=21
Also: Is 160 acres correct? If so, that's really not that big of an area if you bring dogs in. They test on 40 and 80 acre plots, so it wouldn't take too many. And they certainly can get through heavily wooded better than any human. How much is water?

Additionally, is there anything else that needs to go on the timeline? Thanks!
c2rhub.com/gabbypertitotimeline

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

He did have a cell phone and you can see him with it in the body cam video. At the beginning he says he doesn’t have it ON him, it’s in the van. Towards the end of the video you see both of them with cell phones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member