Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is the
‘BL had time to plan so selected this area to throw the police off while he took off in the other direction. Soon people will be saying since they couldn’t find BL he was eaten by gators … while BL has created a new life else where.

I do not believe Brian drove that car!
I think he snuck out the back yard
Someone in that house left in the mustang picking him up maybe took him to the airport. One is fairly close!
Then the car was left at the Reserve abd whomever drove it was then picked up !

imo he’s not in the reserve he’s gone!

Looks like tattoos on the left arm UNLESS it's a cellphone holder or athletic sleeve. MOO
Photo shows person who looks like Brian Laundrie walking Florida street

Authorities are probing whether a cellphone photo taken Friday of a man cops say looks a “heck” of a lot like the boyfriend of missing Long Island woman Gabby Petito, is indeed Brian Laundrie, who disappeared this week after being named a person of interest in his girlfriend’s disappearance, The Post has learned.

The photo was snapped just before 5 p.m. Friday on Targee Ave in North Port — about two blocks from Laundrie’s parents’ home, metadata from the image reveals.

search-brian-laundrie.jpg

I'm new here and created an account so I can share my thoughts on Brian. Both he and Gabby seem like genuinely kind and good people. I'm especially focused on Brian right now because I feel very attuned to his energy and how he lives his life.

Brian seems gentle and grounded. He loves camping, painting and reading. He was sad to leave the plants at his parents' homes and told them they're his best friends. He was happy to bring some small succulents with them in their van. He does yoga and is handy with tools. He did considerable work preparing the van for their travels.

The comments about him here and especially on social media are disheartening. I've read everything you've read and understand things aren't looking good for Brian, but my heart is breaking for both of them.

Brian left his parents' home for one of two reason: It was made known to them the police were going to obtain a search or an arrest warrant, based on evidence that hasn't been disclosed to the public yet; or Brian was needing the comfort of what he loves the most: the trees and plants, fresh air and open space. To see all of those law enforcement officers pursing him in a search is terrifying. It just seems so contrary to who he is and how he thinks and sees the world around him.

The couple that picked up Brian when he was hitching a ride presumably back to Gabby and the van, didn't mention bruises or bloodied knuckles. That's because there wasn't anything to note about his physical appearance, other than his clothing. She did say it was odd how clean he was, but I've done extensive backpacking and never looked muddy. My gear was always clean and tidy, and I didn't smell. Also, Brian loves going barefoot, and he loves minimalism. As an experienced camper, it makes sense to me that he'd only bring a tarp and nothing hefty for a few days of camping along a river. This isn't at all a concern for me.

As for his confusion about the direction they were heading, he's not from that area. I think he got north and south mixed up and didn't realize Jackson Hole was in the wrong direction. He was experiencing some stress from whatever it was that happened that had him doing a solo trip away from Gabby for a few days. They were still telling people they're engaged, and the police introduced the idea of spending some time apart, and that's what he was doing. It's possible there's nothing of interest with any of this sighting other than the date for the sake of the timeline and his location.

The police camera footage did not leave me feeling as if Brian was cocky, as so many people have said. His body language was reflective of his personality. He's quiet and gentle in his mannerisms, shy and uncomfortable around people. He was shaking and scared. Gabby was experiencing a full breakdown from her anxiety. I suffer from anxiety and that's exactly how it can be. She was asked what she does for a living, and she said she's a nutritionist. She hesitated, probably because she was looking for something to describe her lifestyle and goals. I doubt she's a certified nutritionist. Her friend Rose said Gabby was working at Taco Bell last year and then a smoothie place. Taco Bell really surprised me. It's completely at odds with what she portrays on her social media accounts and in the video.

All this tells me is that Gabby is young and finding herself. It's not that she was being dishonest; it's more that 'nutritionist' is what made the most sense to her. It characterized maybe her goals and also her lifestyle. She also said they don't drink, but she met Rose at a bar once. I tend to say I don't drink, but a few times a year I'll buy a bottle of wine. So I don't feel she was being dishonest with this either. It's again more of a response that speaks to the overall picture of who she feels she is and how they're living their lives.

Brian has been described as controlling. I have a lot to say about that and feel I'm understanding him and what motivates the decisions he makes. But for now I'd just like to bring some compassion and concern to this young man, who I think is frequently misunderstood. Regardless of the outcome of this case, I am genuinely heartbroken for both Gabby and Brian. He just doesn't resonate with me as someone who harmed Gabby. Please note that I didn't say or imply he's incapable of harming her. I think we are all capable of doing something sudden and unexpected.

But what I'm sensing here is something very dark that is turning against Brian and strengthening. I think his silence was his only hope of protection, and his legal right, and it seems it's all beginning to fall apart. I am praying for Gabby's safe return, and I'm also praying for Brian. Thank you for reading this.
Ironically, if he had cooperated as soon as got home, there was more hope of his being protected now. His silence did not protect him. It's what is crucifying him.
No one cares if he was gentle as a lamb. There is a woman who seemingly disappeared off the face of this earth and a good person does whatever possible to help find her, especially if they were the last known person to have been with her. Not being able to do so for whatever reason is not gentleness. It's weakness. There is a difference between the two.

I'm new here and created an account so I can share my thoughts on Brian. Both he and Gabby seem like genuinely kind and good people. I'm especially focused on Brian right now because I feel very attuned to his energy and how he lives his life.

Brian seems gentle and grounded. He loves camping, painting and reading. He was sad to leave the plants at his parents' homes and told them they're his best friends. He was happy to bring some small succulents with them in their van. He does yoga and is handy with tools. He did considerable work preparing the van for their travels.

The comments about him here and especially on social media are disheartening. I've read everything you've read and understand things aren't looking good for Brian, but my heart is breaking for both of them.

Brian left his parents' home for one of two reason: It was made known to them the police were going to obtain a search or an arrest warrant, based on evidence that hasn't been disclosed to the public yet; or Brian was needing the comfort of what he loves the most: the trees and plants, fresh air and open space. To see all of those law enforcement officers pursing him in a search is terrifying. It just seems so contrary to who he is and how he thinks and sees the world around him.

The couple that picked up Brian when he was hitching a ride presumably back to Gabby and the van, didn't mention bruises or bloodied knuckles. That's because there wasn't anything to note about his physical appearance, other than his clothing. She did say it was odd how clean he was, but I've done extensive backpacking and never looked muddy. My gear was always clean and tidy, and I didn't smell. Also, Brian loves going barefoot, and he loves minimalism. As an experienced camper, it makes sense to me that he'd only bring a tarp and nothing hefty for a few days of camping along a river. This isn't at all a concern for me.

As for his confusion about the direction they were heading, he's not from that area. I think he got north and south mixed up and didn't realize Jackson Hole was in the wrong direction. He was experiencing some stress from whatever it was that happened that had him doing a solo trip away from Gabby for a few days. They were still telling people they're engaged, and the police introduced the idea of spending some time apart, and that's what he was doing. It's possible there's nothing of interest with any of this sighting other than the date for the sake of the timeline and his location.

The police camera footage did not leave me feeling as if Brian was cocky, as so many people have said. His body language was reflective of his personality. He's quiet and gentle in his mannerisms, shy and uncomfortable around people. He was shaking and scared. Gabby was experiencing a full breakdown from her anxiety. I suffer from anxiety and that's exactly how it can be. She was asked what she does for a living, and she said she's a nutritionist. She hesitated, probably because she was looking for something to describe her lifestyle and goals. I doubt she's a certified nutritionist. Her friend Rose said Gabby was working at Taco Bell last year and then a smoothie place. Taco Bell really surprised me. It's completely at odds with what she portrays on her social media accounts and in the video.

All this tells me is that Gabby is young and finding herself. It's not that she was being dishonest; it's more that 'nutritionist' is what made the most sense to her. It characterized maybe her goals and also her lifestyle. She also said they don't drink, but she met Rose at a bar once. I tend to say I don't drink, but a few times a year I'll buy a bottle of wine. So I don't feel she was being dishonest with this either. It's again more of a response that speaks to the overall picture of who she feels she is and how they're living their lives.

Brian has been described as controlling. I have a lot to say about that and feel I'm understanding him and what motivates the decisions he makes. But for now I'd just like to bring some compassion and concern to this young man, who I think is frequently misunderstood. Regardless of the outcome of this case, I am genuinely heartbroken for both Gabby and Brian. He just doesn't resonate with me as someone who harmed Gabby. Please note that I didn't say or imply he's incapable of harming her. I think we are all capable of doing something sudden and unexpected.

But what I'm sensing here is something very dark that is turning against Brian and strengthening. I think his silence was his only hope of protection, and his legal right, and it seems it's all beginning to fall apart. I am praying for Gabby's safe return, and I'm also praying for Brian. Thank you for reading this.
I agree with you wholeheartedly. I don't care if I get flamed for saying the following, but the immediate reaction I had of Brian when I watched the videos in Moab was that he was a somewhat socially awkward and eager to please. The vitriol displayed on these threads against Brian before we even know what happened to Gabby is disheartening to me. I note there are alot of new members posting - some good - some bad, the thread is moving at the speed of light, but very little factual information is being shared. I may be proved wrong, but I don't believe he premeditated and INTENTIONALLY harmed anyone.

The comments about the possibility of Brian grabbing at Gabby's face or throat, my take was that she was struggling to find her words. She wasn't adequately describing what had happened. I think Brian may have been holding her face between his hands to get her to look at him and to help focus her and calm her down. In at least one of the photos I've seen, he had has hand on her head in a loving gesture. We need to be careful with our assumptions and biases that tend to disfavor men.
bbm

Lavender bolded : Photos often do not show what is happening outside of the pictures taken.
Eta : Had to check out the photos in the media thread and it does look like a possessive gesture as opposed to a loving gesture.
As another poster pointed out --Gabby appeared to hold her hands to her throat when showing the officer how Brian had grabbed at her ?

Orange bolded : In most cases I would agree, this is important.

In BL's case, public opinion was swayed in favor of Gabby when he returned home without her , lawyered up, and pled the fifth.
Her family is distraught and everyone else would like to find Gabby hopefully alive and well.
As each day passes that appears less likely; mostly due to the fact that she kept in close contact with her family.

There would be nothing wrong or incriminating for Brian to tell them where he left her ?
Obviously he left her somewhere, as she's not with him.
Or she left him ?

But to let her family know the location would be the decent thing to do.
Unless of course he feels he cannot ?
In which case we have another scenario entirely.
Imo.

Last edited:
North Port community plans a vigil in tribute of Gabby Petito: 'She has become America's daughter'

Yelena Dzhanova
Sat, 18 September 2021, 10:03 pm·3-min read

Gabby Petito. North Port Police Department
  • A mother in North Port, Florida, is leading a vigil for Gabby Petito on Saturday evening.

• Lisa Correll told Insider that neighbors will decorate a community tree in Petito's honor.

• "You have this beautiful young lady that's just missing. And she's become America's daughter," she said.
  • The community members of North Port, Florida, are planning a vigil for Saturday evening in honor of Gabby Petito

If I remember correctly, one of the LE called a supervisor to ask if the motel room could go to Gabby, but since she was "the aggressor," he figured it couldn't but that it wouldn't hurt to ask. So the room was given to B.

I think there may be ramifications for not arresting Gabby, and I think that's the reason the audio was redacted in the body worn camera video when determining what to do.
I know that the Park Rangers have jurisdiction in the park but share authority with the local PD.
It would be interesting to know exactly who made the call not to arrest her.
@timestamp 48.55, the Moab cop with the beard said to the ranger "It's your call."
@timestamp 56.20, the other Moab cop says to Gabby "this is what "I'm" going to do."

https://le.utah.gov/xcode/Title77/Chapter36/77-36-S2.2.html
(77-36-2.2)
(2) 77-7-2, when a peace officer responds to a domestic violence call and has probable cause to believe that an act of domestic violence has been committed, the peace officer "shall" arrest without a warrant or "shall" issue a citation to any person that the peace officer has probable cause to believe has committed an act of domestic violence.

(76-1-601)
(4) "Bodily injury" means physical pain, illness, or any impairment of physical condition.

The cop asks Brian if he had any physical pain. Brian said no.
I think the cop covered all the bases not to make an arrest or to issue a citation, and made the determination that technically that no DV took place.
Then he got Brian free services provided to DV victims (ie. a free motel) which IMO contradicts no DV took place.

From reading the article Miranda Baker posted and that has been reported on in MSM, she notes picking him up hitchhiking about 5:30 pm on 8/29 near Coulter Bay in Grand Teton NP (most likely on Highway 287, although she doesn't specify)

5:30 pm on 8/29 is cutting it close to make a drive of 2300 miles back to FL to arrive "on 9/1". Of course, we have no idea when he actually did arrive in FL.

IF on 8/25 GP was at Grand Teton (per Facetime with her mom) and van was seen at Jenny Lake parking lot

then planned to go on to yellowstone.

8/29 BL was still at Grand Teton at Colter Bay... wanting to go to Jackson. (???)

I found that Jenny Lake had overnight parking for people with backcountry passes. and another parking Lot also.... not sure about Jackson Dam Parking Lot maybe they did also.

GP had to hike with BL if she was left in the woods. But then where did they park the van if they were hiking cause it didnt sound like he had gear for camping when picked up alone.

Colter Bay to Jackson was in the wrong directionfor GP plans.. maybe an hour or more .....and she was camping north to Yellowstone. My guess is she had the van in the Teton Area from 8/25 to 8/29 not Jackson. GP plans was to talk to friend on 8/29?? then meet in Yellowstone.
Some of the overnight parking area turnoff was at Jackson Dam also. The hwy to Jackson was the main road 191 and the parking lots were on teton park rd which merges at the dam.

Can't understand how far BL was saying he was from the van and then hops out of the car.

Hope this is making sense

The Spread Creek dispersed campground makes a lot of sense as a search area for Gabby:

1. It's listed as one of the camp areas G & B were considering on their Dyrt account (on their "Near Yellowstone" list)

2. Two local men out spotting elk told a reporter they saw a van like Gabby's on August 29 at the Spread Creek campground
"KSL’s Garna Mejia actually ran into a local man who said he and a friend saw Petito’s van as they were spotting for elk on Aug. 29.
“He thought he had seen the white sprinter van described — blacked out rims, wheels,” said Tyler Valentine. “We all live in this small town, so when this stuff happens, we all take a little bit of initiative and try to look out for things.”
What’s interesting about Spread Creek is that Petito had marked the place as a possible camping area through the Dyrt website, something Valentine and his friend were unaware of when we spoke with them."
Search intensifies for Gabby Petito; police respond to Laundrie home in Florida

3. It's within hiking distance of both Colter Bay (15 mi) and Jackson Dam (10 mi) - 2 places we know Brian was on August 29.

4. Also, when I looked at a map it occurred to me that Brian may have gotten anxious and asked to get out suddenly from the TikTok girl's jeep for a different reason. Driving south from Colter Bay toward Jackson, there's a fork in road near the dam - it appears that the jeep driver took the park road instead of the highway (191). If Brian was trying to get back to the Spread Creek campground where the van was parked, he wanted to go on 191, because that's the road which leads to the turn off to the campground. So as soon as the driver took the right turn on the park road, instead of 191, Brian freaked out and asked to get out. And where was he? The Jackson Dam area.

@annpats
I think it was ridiculous the police in Utah spent a whole hour with them for something so trivial as a couple witnessing them having an argument.

Maybe the police in Utah don't have enough to do, but in many other places, the police wouldn't even bother with such a minor thing.

A witness reported a couple arguing and fighting? Small fry.

And even when the police pulled the van over later on, HE was speeding and hitting a kerb, yet nothing was done about that. Not even mentioned by the police, who then spent a whole hour pretending to be social workers!

Just a quick 2 minute check on them would've been enough, then sent them on their way.

IMO a two-minute check for a DV case would be irresponsible and possibly dangerous.

Yes, I do think it's common for LEOs to take their time in such situations that should indeed be handled carefully.

I think it's unlikely that the witness called police over a minor argument.

What I noticed today was that ALL of the searchers for BL were wearing body armor and were armed when they are going to be searching in a swampy parkland with extreme heat and humidity. While searchers normally wear heavy boots and protective clothing and even carrying a gun is not that unusual in an area where there are panthers and alligators BUT body armor is not usually part of the attire unless they have reason to believe someone might shoot at them.

AMEN to this heartfelt and well written post. I agree 100% and will add that imho there is possible schizophrenia here- possibly undiagnosed. At the least there is schizotypal disorder. These things are hereditary and at least one parent could also suffer this and be completely clueless about their own illness. Let’s have some compassion and much less harsh judgement. All my own conjecture.

really?? Everyone that wants to be sweet about Brian, what is your theory about what’s happening here? I’m genuinely curious how anyone can think he’s sweet and loving and just happened to return home with his girlfriend’s van and no girlfriend and won’t answer any questions about it?!

edited to remove old question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member