Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
See the part about them not thinking straight.

It's not sympathy, just imagination to try to think of how these parents might respond to a son they had always bailed out telling them he had done something that was beyond their control to make right for him.
We can imagine but we don’t know this.

For all looking at SS of van parked.

If someone could get the original clip from the posters, it would not be compressed as much and have better detail

The sandals outside are interesting. I could see it meaning that who ever owns them is inside. When camping it is typical to have sandals to wear around the site that are not brought in - to eliminate dirt tracking. This was also probably the source of the discussion in the LE stop about him being dirty (barefoot).

I would think that if no one was there, they would have been left on a mat inside or on a bumper.

If BL went to hike Tuesday, why would his parents move the car Tuesday night? This is a self-proclaimed wilderness guy. Wouldn't it be reasonable to assume maybe he wanted to camp overnight Tuesday in the preserve to clear his head and come back Wednesday? It seems awfully soon to move the car. Wouldn't they be worried that they were stranding him there?

06:10
said i can't leave her again fold over

MOO - he DID leave her AGAIN.
Alive or not, I'm not sure. Just haven't seen anyone pick this out of Brian's statement on the body cam. He has admitted he has done it before to her.

IMO Which also explains her expressed fear of him leaving without her. Interesting to me that he'd feel comfortable enough to take HER vehicle away from her basically as a form of punishment. Very controlling and abusive behavior.

I'm guessing if you stay in van in a dispersed camping area... no permits
are permits needed for when BL said he spent 3 days camping upwards of Colter Bay area?

No permits needed for dispersed camping in an area designated as such.

As for staying on the banks of the Snake River not in a campsite is likely illegal, but you'd have to get caught and I don't think its patrolled at all. You are also more likely to encounter bears than park rangers there,:eek: IMHO.

The article is in here, Daily Mail. She states that she does not feel that happened, ie. Tok Tok girl, as she has other info that would make Brian being there on the 29th impossible. Paraphrasing.

Thank you! I found it:

"On August 25th or 26th, the couple chatted with the owner of a shop called 'Rustic Row' in Victor, Utah for about 20 minutes, East Idaho News reported on Friday.

'They told me they were traveling from Florida. They had just been to Teton Park and they said they were interested in going to Yellowstone and I told them they could go to the west entrance,' the owner, who was not identified, told the outlet.

'They seemed happy and when they left, she hollered back from the door that they were engaged and then I said congratulations.'

The shop owner said that she contacted the FBI after seeing reports of Petito's disappearance on the news.

Gabby’s mother told MailOnline that she is 'not entertaining' a TikTok video that’s been widely circulated in which a young woman describes picking up a man she believed to be Brian on the 29th.

'The timeline seems way off. Maybe she thought it was him, but I just know the timeline is off. The van left there the night of the 27th or early on the 28th. The van was in Florida on the first. It’s not possible for it to have been there on the 29th.'

Wisconsin TikToker Miranda Baker said she and her boyfriend were at Grand Teton National Park in Colter Bay, Wyoming, on August 29 when Laundrie approached the couple and asked them for a ride at 5.30pm."

Mother Gabby Petito confirms sighting of Gabby's van in Grand Teton days after she was last seen | Daily Mail Online

It's been addressed by LE:

"Mr. Taylor had said the police had no reason to arrest him after he returned to Florida in the van, which is registered to Ms. Petito and had not been reported stolen. “The reality of that situation is that it was a common-use vehicle between the two of them,” Mr. Taylor said. The state law does not allow the police to arrest Mr. Laundrie any more than it allows for the arrest of a teenager found driving his or her parents’ car."​

Police Search Florida Wilderness for ‘Person of Interest’ in Van Mystery

Not the van. The mustang.

have any of Gabby's belongings been found? wheres her stuff? threads are moving very fast I can't keep up and some links dont work as i'm in Europe
I want to know this too and I don't think so. There have been no news reports or LE announcements on it to my knowledge. I'm hoping the father, mother, or step father had at least something with her scent to give LE but she was not living with either,

Isn’t this the same guy who claimed LE was in possession of both Gabby and Brian’s cellphones before recanting yesterday? Yeah, his sources are spotty at best IMO.
I don’t think he said he had their phones but could be able to track them!

If BL went to hike Tuesday, why would his parents move the car Tuesday night? This is a self-proclaimed wilderness guy. Wouldn't it be reasonable to assume maybe he wanted to camp overnight Tuesday in the preserve to clear his head and come back Wednesday? It seems awfully soon to move the car. Wouldn't they be worried that they were stranding him there?

I thought I saw that the keys were left in the car.

Since BL is the subject of a missing person investigation, can friends or relatives be asked by LE to take a polygraph?
Given the fact that BL's parents won't say a word, there's no way they'd take a polygraph.

That being said, polygraph tests are notoriously unreliable and no one should EVER take one. They're inadmissible for a reason.

The article is in here, Daily Mail. She states that she does not feel that happened, ie. Tok Tok girl, as she has other info that would make Brian being there on the 29th impossible. Paraphrasing.

This is the exact quote by the mother "'The timeline seems way off. Maybe she thought it was him, but I just know the timeline is off. The van left there the night of the 27th or early on the 28th. The van was in Florida on the first. It’s not possible for it to have been there on the 29th."

The mother may not want this to be true or she may not have/had all the available information or just didn't think it through - but there are multiple accounts of the van being in the campground (and in the described location) after the 27th (including by the couple that posted the video). The FBI themselves are looking for people who were in the campground from Aug. 27th - Aug. 30th. That should tell you something.

Mulling over the actions of Brian's parents, I remember back to watching Casey's parents.

Did not think parents would be capable of how they ended up acting, but? Would you turn in your child, or just stay silent and call a lawyer.

I thank god, I have never been in a position like that. What if he told them it was an accident, and he refused to speak with LE? They called lawyer....and he told them, dont talk.
I’m sure his parents are feeling a wide range of emotions right now. I know if it were me in their shoes I’d be both enraged and humiliated that my child put me and our family in that situation. But I honestly don’t know how I would respond or what I would do about it. Probably for the best that I don’t have kids.

NPPD doesn't know who the mustang is registered to. Um, what? Are the police acquainted with Florida DMV?

I can’t help thinking that BL parents are actually following directions from him. I think he has read so many crime books/podcasts that he is trying to control everything about this. His parents bringing back the silver car on the same day he left it seems very staged. If it turns out he was a street over walking down the road the night that police came to talk to the parents and it turns out that the car is registered to him, I think it was possibly to set up the police so that they will have technically searched his car without his permission. I may be totally off base but I just feel like he is pulling puppet strings of exactly what he wants them to do.

Hate to ask the obvious but, why the hell are these young people fascinated by hiding out in the woods in the first place? I get the desire for a van trip/ camping / hiking experience (unless it involved other motives.)

Then BL just decides to go back into the woods / swamp to “take a hike”??

I hear ya. It's not even that pretty of an area. Just a bunch of scrubby trees and fields like you could find anywhere. (The campground itself, I mean). There must be prettier campgrounds where the view is better. It's like they chose the remoteness - or someone did - for a reason, but it wasn't because it made a good Instagramable area. I really do wonder why that campground was chosen.
If they had any money at all, it would have made sense (to me) to be in a better one than that. JMO

Also wonder how many murders occur in campgrounds like that on an annual basis.

My gut tells me her body will be found in WY and his will be found in FL. It’s five days since his parents supposedly picked up his mustang. And all he trekked in was a backpack? I think that’s what was reported? I’m so lost in the movement of these threads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member