Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw the press conference live. Was devastated.
Was surprised to the the guy giving it FBI supervisory position seem shaken up... almost tearful. I started to cry then. Feds usually don't get emotional like that.
Also was interesting how short they were with "on going investigation". Makes me thing they know the cause of death or the scene was pretty bad.

I believe the Bethunes came upon the van and BL right near the time he had buried her (perhaps at dawn) or was about to bury her at nightfall. Very amazing that they came down that road and filmed the van -only 1000 feet from where she was found. One of the positive aspects of social media and the good it can do. They were the key to finding her and bringing some peace to her family and friends.

This is where the van was seen on the side of the road and where they found the body

WkJWQVs.jpg

It's good for Gabby's family that they will know what happened to her and have her remains to lay to rest. I know we are all so sad for them.

I do hope LE studies it for when to talk to a suspect and when not to believe parents protecting that suspect. They were just too trusting, IMO.

I'm not sure what you mean about when to talk to a suspect? My understanding was he refused to talk altogether. And how do we know LE believed anything his parents said? I don't think they did.

Absolutely agree, I can only imagine how heavy their hearts are this evening.
I believe the Bethunes came upon the van and BL right near the time he had buried her (perhaps at dawn) or was about to bury her at nightfall. Very amazing that they came down that road and filmed the van -only 1000 feet from where she was found. One of the positive aspects of social media and the good it can do. They were the key to finding her and bringing some peace to her family and friends.

It was him. The guy is the poster boy for "Consciousness of Guilt." Even if there is no direct physical evidence there appears to be a mounting pile of circumstantial evidence which they will proceed on alone after the autopsy if need be.

Yes. Consciousness of guilt can be powerful evidence. Here it certainly seems to be super strong.

MOO he is a worm, worms rarely end themselves due to shame, remorse or foreseeing prison.
Bet he crossed the US Canada border more than than 10 days ago.

MOO his parents are accessories after the fact and should be arrested.

If you have followed the case of Qinxuan Pan shooting Kevin Jiang in Conn. and eluding LE for 4 months, Pan's parents also refused to talk to LE. And Pan was arrested in an Alabama hotel using a fake name, fake ID cards, $19,000 in cash that was likely provided or supplemented by his parents, 7 cell phones and 7 SIM cards (to elude cell phone tracking), *AND* his father's passport. So Pan's parents helped Pan even more to escape. But 7 months after Pan shot Jiang, Pan's parents have never been charged with ANYTHING. So don't be surprised if BL's parents are also never charged with anything either.

It was him. The guy is the poster boy for "Consciousness of Guilt." Even if there is no direct physical evidence there appears to be a mounting pile of circumstantial evidence which they will proceed on alone after the autopsy if need be.

Right. My opinions concur with yours. I'm just, perhaps in a futile way, trying to keep comments within TOS and make things easier on the mods who must be breaking their backs trying to make sure we're not saying anything that could sway a jury on the off-chance BL or anyone else has to face up to anything in court. However we feel about that.

Last edited:
I was willing to call it a lover's spat until I found out he was willing to pay the campers for a $200 ride for 10 miles, that he doubled back to van and booked.
He paid to lead them away from the scene of the crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member