Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like FBI agents took in styrofoam coolers into BLs house and usually thats used for collection and preservation of biological samples like blood, urine, hair, skin cells etc.
@MassGuy posted a link in previous thread. It’s just LUNCH in the coolers. It was announced the FBI provided lunch. Moo

Whats everyones thoughts about the door of the van closing as seen on the youtube sighting?
It also looks like someone is slouched in the front of the van...
My theory from this is that i think it could be Gabby in the front of the van already passed, and BL is in the back preparing himself to move her body or hiding in the back as he could hear or see another vehicle incoming. His thought may of been that if anyone does see Gabby in the front of the van it will just look like she is sleeping?

he probably, in my imagination, put an SOS call into his 'rents (pa)..in trouble..
They said
'come home , son, your succulents await your tlc... we'll take care of it'

I reckon he had to move the van from the vicinity of her body. The van would have been spotted.

Succulents called, IMO
(sorry for irreverence, low grade hysteria going on here, it's so ludicrous I just found myself laughing helplessly)

No disrespect to Gabby intended.
I shouldn’t have laughed but I laughed.

And they’re not searching today — maybe they have reason to believe he’s not even in there. With GP being found, you’d think they’d ramp up the search.
exactly, so most likely they know he is in those wods, at this point they should ask the Laundries for the deed to that house case they might be lying about it even being theirs at this point.

Weird way of describing being put in a van in their driveway.
Well, yes, hence why I said it's the NY Post. They're gonna sensationalize it. :) And yet it was so satisfying to read.

I know some people upthread have written against the slamming of BL's parents. You can say what you will about 5A, but come on - that girl lived with them, she was going to be their DIL. Whatever he told them, they knew when BL came home ALONE on 9/1 that Gabby wasn't with him. Not even a thought to call her mom? No, instead, ignoring NS (Nichole Schmidt, the mom)'s texts. It's just gross and I'm not above wanting to see some comeuppance.

Assuming the hitchhiking story is true, it's so crazy that he didn't just stick to that alibi and call the police when he got to the van and say Gabby was "missing". At least he would have had a shot at beating in court. But fleeing across the country with her van and then dragging his family into this mess? It just all seems so unnecessary.
We don't know this whole story just yet. The whole interaction hitchhiking (which I do believe was him) makes no sense at all. Ends up in Coulter bay and asks to go to Jackson, offers $200 to get there, but doesn't really want to go to Jackson and gets out at the dam which does make some sense since we now know where the van was (most likely). Was he hoping someone would find her while he was gone and bingo- I got an alibi?

Attention now is on finding this

I don’t post much but do read and try to keep up. Which is made more difficult when the majority of posts are an ongoing debate about van door open or closed! Is it possible to just agree to disagree on this subject? Please.

Wow, FBI not fooling around with BL's family the way local police did. While the search of the house is going on the parents had to sit in a van in the driveway - poetic justice in a way. Of course now there is a dead body and a crime scene to go along with the timeline. His parents are probably scared, as they should be. They aided and abetted by not letting anyone know that Gabby was missing for days and days. If it turns out they never liked Gabby in the first place, I will not be surprised! Just my opinion only.

I'm not a parent, but I know my own and I know for a FACT that if I was in BL's position and my significant other had been reported missing and I was under suspicion, that my mother and father would be the first people to march me into a Police Office.

Not because they don't love me or aren't protective, but because they taught me to take responsibility for my actions and be a functional, honest and valuable member of society.

I can't speak for everyone, but I can speak for my family and the values we have. I would never allow my family to face the consequences of my own actions, be vilified by their community, hated by the world and disrespect them and GPs family for my own self-preservation.

It makes me so angry.
I don't know what his parents were/are thinking. No one gets to do this to someone's daughter, to a young, beautiful woman, and hide from the consequences.

None of us would ever let that happen. Countless lives ruined because BL is so utterly selfish.

IMO
I am a parent, I love my kids more than my own life, and like your parents, I would march my child into a police station in a heartbeat if they committed murder. There are definitely parents of murderers who did the same. I'm thinking specifically of Austin Sigg's mother, Mindy.

On the other hand, we've seen families like the Watts who will protect and excuse their son and blame and defame the victim until the end of time. So, there are both kinds of families out there.

It is not. There is a clear distinction. A POI could be a witness, a suspect could be the perpetrator. They had no reason to call him a suspect because there was no crime, there still might not be an actual murder, no one knows.

Yeah it’s a euphemism. I mean, it can be both. But really LE sort of stopped calling suspects, “suspects” because it triggers certain things, like putting the suspect on the defensive and also causing any questioning to be subject to Miranda, etc.

So they use POI much more these days.

I lived with an abuser for 8 years, so glad I survived this could have been me for sure. I could relate to the traffic stop scene, when she wanted to tell the police what he did, but just couldn't. Lots of reasons, she wanted the relationship to work out so badly, she was in fear for her life, she would have been left there to figure out what to do next. He did not take his eyes off of her for one second, because he was afraid she would tell on him. Wolf in sheeps clothing. I think he is on the run.

It used to be that there was a kind of free international tourist zone along both borders, US/mex where only DL or some non-passport ID was the only thing required. I remember this coming up a few years ago when a guy was shot/killed on the Mexican side of that big lake that straddles the border, he was on a jet ski with his girlfriend, IIRC, and she got away safely. They were visiting some ruins or old town on the Mexican side, and at the time it was considered to be cartel at fault. But the point was that it was completely open to visit the zone some miles into each country before a passport was required, or at least some distance into Mexico. (Same with visiting that little Mexican town (Boquillos?) by Big Bend NP.

So is it still easy to enter mexico with just a DL or non-passport ID?
Yes. Plenty of ways legal and illegal. I live 2 hours from the Mexico border. Granted I steer clear of Mexico. Used to be there were safe places to go. Now, not so much.

Whats everyones thoughts about the door of the van closing as seen on the youtube sighting?
It also looks like someone is slouched in the front of the van...
My theory from this is that i think it could be Gabby in the front of the van already passed, and BL is in the back preparing himself to move her body or hiding in the back as he could hear or see another vehicle incoming. His thought may of been that if anyone does see Gabby in the front of the van it will just look like she is sleeping?

The video I saw shows a different angle of the van and it honestly looks like a pillow, not a person.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member