Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know if I was wanted in relation to a murder & maybe living in an alligator infested swamp, & being looked for by the FBI, what I'd most be worried about is what an anonymous message board has to say about me...

I think that's partially what's driving his flight though is "What are people thinking about me." Not just the fear of the repercussions o f his actions. Can you imagine how terrified he must be? He appears to have been coddled all his life and now he's out there on his own. I absolutely believe he'd be checking social media, news etc to see what's being said about him and if they're getting close to finding him. MOO. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
There was two conversations about GP and the hotel room and the DV shelter. The first one was when they were discussing the options with BL if they arrested GP. They could take her to jail and then said they could get her a motel room and BL would take the van for the night. And then asked BL if they had money. BL said no. But later, after they decided not to arrest her, they still wanted to voluntarily separate the two. The LE knew that he could get a nights stay at a motel courtesy of the DV shelter since the shelter doesn't allow men. He also asked, knowing the answer would be no, if they could take in the female. The shelter rep said no they can't take in the aggressor.

So the end result that wouldn't cost BL and GP any money but would keep them apart without arresting anyone would be for GP to keep the van and BL to get the free room.

But I suspect they both slept in the hotel. there was no legal requirement that they couldn't.
There is actually a legal requirement that they don’t but I doubt it is rigorously enforced. Obviously they didn’t enforce the other Utah law requiring an arrest or citation if there is evidence of domestic violence.

No. Your words: "LE did it that way to give her an out of the relationship with her van."

As I said, the hotel was assigned to B only because they couldn't give it to G. Go back & look at the video. G was left with the van *only* because LE couldn't give it to B for the night.

True story, but that was definitely an opportunity for her to leave his butt in the dust. I wonder if she considered it, but was more afraid he'd just find her. I wish she had left and went home to NY

Email from North Port Police just now: “We have received a significant amount of requests tonight regarding a possible capture of Brian Landrie. These reports are unfortunately false. Please rest assured that when Brian is found, we will be more than happy to let everyone know.”

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1440512414198353932?s=21

Considering some issues about the POI:

Was he a High School graduate?

What were the expectations for him after graduation?
College, trade school, apprenticeship, the military, entrepreneuer, good job at Home Depot, CBD salesman?

Were there no expectations for him to do anything after high school other than take a job in the grocery store or work in Dad's business?

Why?

Are there behavioral issues? Are there adjustment issues? Did having a GF take care of the issue because she, in essence was to direct him in life?

She lived in NY and so did he until his parents moved. Were there no opportunities for them to live in NY so that they had to move to Florida to live with his parents?

Did the VanLife thing start in NY or after they moved to FL?

The massive shielding by his parents in the death of a woman they lived with has to be considered in the context of how they handled him.

I hope that he does hear our disapproval of his actions. That is not hate speech.
If that is the case, that he is somehow “listening in” or perhaps someone else is communicating to him, then all I can says is this: You should have thought about the consequences you would face before you murdered someone! Let alone, sneak around, lawyer up, shut up, drag your parents into it, and then run away like the coward that you are!

In fact, one of the LE came right out & said the couple would be continuing on "anyway." "Anyway" was the word he used. All considered, they handled it well. It's a shame, imo, they didn't know about any prior calls about the assault at the Moonflower. Hindsight is 20/20, & they have a hard job. The female ranger tried to get G to rethink the rel., as did the male LE. They did what they could with the info. they had on the spot. imo.

In the end, regardless of how the officers handled the situation, for the forseable future, nothing would have changed! They would have been together the next day and continued their journey. I rewatched the entire bodycam footage and came away with the impression I initially had - these LE officers did a really good job based on the information they had at hand. You can always Monday morning quaterback a situation and come up a critique which fits your desired narrative and internal bias.

Attachments

• 60B069B1-F376-4012-B771-E0903665156F.jpeg
    60B069B1-F376-4012-B771-E0903665156F.jpeg
    118.3 KB · Views: 709
I’ve noticed several posts asking about the link verifying the incident involving BL traveling mid trip without Gabby to move things in storage.

Here’s one link:
It’s dated Sept 14; updated Sept 15
Cops were called out to 'incident' involving missing van life girl and her fiancé | Daily Mail Online

Schmidt (Gabby’s mom) has recently seen photos in the news of Brian's father performing yard work.

'If they cared about her, they would want to find her,' she said. 'Why aren't you out helping find her?'

'I don't want to seem accusatory,' she said. 'It's confusing, my mind is turning right now.'

She's also questioning Brian's trip back to Florida in August to help his father move their things into a storage unit. She wonders why it was necessary to move Gabby's things during their road trip and what became of her stuff.

'Where are her things?' she asked.
This just verifies that was what they told Gabbys mom, not that it really happened. I think the theory is that it may be fiction.

Watching Brian Entin's latest news segment on his Twitter page.. he mentions how dark the house is inside and how even when they went around all 3 sides of the house (that they could get to without trespassing) they couldn't see any lights on. He said it had been like that the whole time he's been there covering the story at the house.

My first thought was..no lights on makes it easy to conceal how many people are inside. Easier for BL to slip out or even come and go at some point.

Jmo/moo

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1440503992614670340?s=19

BBM.

That’s so strange. Maybe BL was hiding in the crawl space under the house when the FBI went in, then has crawled back out and resting all comfy in his own room.

I’ve noticed several posts asking about the link verifying the incident involving BL traveling mid trip without Gabby to move things in storage.

Here’s one link:
It’s dated Sept 14; updated Sept 15
Cops were called out to 'incident' involving missing van life girl and her fiancé | Daily Mail Online

Schmidt (Gabby’s mom) has recently seen photos in the news of Brian's father performing yard work.

'If they cared about her, they would want to find her,' she said. 'Why aren't you out helping find her?'

'I don't want to seem accusatory,' she said. 'It's confusing, my mind is turning right now.'

She's also questioning Brian's trip back to Florida in August to help his father move their things into a storage unit. She wonders why it was necessary to move Gabby's things during their road trip and what became of her stuff.

'Where are her things?' she asked.

I would really like to know where her information regarding the trip back came from.

I would even more like an official confirmation that BL actually made the trip.

Brian is not in the reserve. There is almost 0 possibility that he showed up with the van, without Gabby, and his parents thought everything was fine. The attorney was already onboard and they were ignoring Gabby’s family before it became an actual missing persons case. The reserve was a diversion, nothing else. BL did not off himself. If he is responsible for GP’s death, (I would assume at this point h3 is) then suicide is not a usual trait of the type. I would venture a guess, he is either still relatively close to home, or he has made his way to a familiar place. I would be checking small islands near the fl coast close to his last known whereabouts. Not named islands, but sand bars with trees, and vegetation. I grew up on the San Jacinto river. Spent my childhood building forts and fishing off these types of islands. I’d be checking into missing boats, or boats belonging to family. Checking local gas stations and grocery stores to see if any of them were spotted filling gas cans, or buying large quantities of bottled water. If not there, it definitely somewhere he’s familiar with.
<modsnip>
On that note, Do you have a site where the attorney was hired prior to Gabby being reported missing. This is something I really want to know. Thanks

True story, but that was definitely an opportunity for her to leave his butt in the dust. I wonder if she considered it, but was more afraid he'd just find her. I wish she had left and went home to NY
Yes, an opportunity anywhere along the way, basically. But that's how DV goes a lot of the time, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member