Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be very interested in the movements of the mustang when he drove it, stops etc.. It could well have been jam-packed with supplies that he'd been collecting, dropped at my imaginary cave and vehicle left back in parking lot for his parents to collect.

He may well have known it would be a long one.

As I’ve said elsewhere, Ford has installed their Sync satellite system in vehicles since 2008. The Laundries’ Mustang certainly appears to be more recent, so the FBI will likely know EXACTLY where it has been.

I’m also wondering if Gabby’s 2012 van had something similar.

Where would he have gotten a gun? There was some discussion around 10 threads ago or more, about how he couldn't have brought a gun with him from his quick trip to Florida, because of airport security and all. Where/how would he have gotten a gun after arriving back in SLC? Doesn't seem possible.
Firearms can be placed in checked luggage.

That's a possibility.

After all the trouble they've gone to so far for him, it seems unlikely that they would let him go off without a contingency plan. I doubt he's in the reserve. JMOO
I am agreeing with this. After this length of time I doubt he is in that reserve. Unless deceased (which I also kind of doubt).

There's a Walmart only a ~10 minute walk away from the Laundrie's house in North Port. This is just speculation, but IMO it's possible the wholesome mother-son bike ride the neighbor witnessed upon Brian's return could've been an excursion to Walmart to purchase pre-paid Visas/gift cards. MOO.

How accurate are police scanner apps? I noticed when I was listening to Sarasota this morning there was a code listed underneath "active alerts" for Active Manhunt as of 7:03 am this morning.
I find the one I use pretty accurate. The problem is there is a good chance the searchers are using a channel that is not readily picked up, like a private channel just for them. JMO

I have a very logical brain and my head cannot comprehend hiding out in a swamp close to home if I truly am trying to get away and avoid being arrested. I would have to come out at some time or perish within so why would I hide here? It makes no sense.

I really would love to know what LE has to keep them coming back.

Maybe they have found something of his in the park and they aren't telling us.

If I was truly trying to get away, with a 10 day head start, I'd get as far away from Florida as I could. In fact, I'd go to a city probably and change my look, blend in. Go somewhere that really wasn't where you would think I would go. I would be north, not south.

What are we missing here?

Oh no, he has a Darth Vader helmet and likes the Watchman comics!!!! That proves he's a murderer!

I have a cartoon drawing of myself going pew pew with an alien blaster on my wall. I have that same Watchmen comic collection in my book case. I also have a mug in the shape of Boba Fett's helmet right next to my Daenerys figurine. What does that say about me?

This is on my mind this morning .
I cannot get over how quickly a deceased person was found , mainly with very little leads ,and in such a vast area, compared to a 'live' person that LE supposedly knew his where about as stated in their press conference. HOW CAN THAT BE ?? Mind boggling to me!!! Rest in Peace ,Gabby. No more hurt for you. May justice prevail !!

Flying with a gun (legally declaring it at the airport) is a major PITA and puts the legal gun owner at risk of arrest for some confusion of complicated state and airport gun laws by airport personnel or law enforcement, etc. It would be much easier to just ship the gun ahead.

Carrying the gun between states in a car, with knowledge of local gun laws and permit reciprocity is much easier.

This is partly why I question his supposed trip back to Florida between the 16th and 23rd actually. If he did have a gun, I don’t think he’d have left it either with GP alone or just unaccompanied in the van, and I think it’s not too much of a stretch to imagine someone with a CCW might take a gun on a roadtrip involving periods camping in wild wilderness and bear country.

<rsbm>

At first I didn't think the deer cam pic looked that much like Brian until I compared it to this profile pic and even the beard and hairline matches up:

brian-and-gabby-together-860x543.jpg
from: Business owner says Gabby Petito and boyfriend made stop in Victor after visiting Wyoming - East Idaho News
I just saw that pic on TV, and it looks a lot like him, IMO. I did wonder about his beard...has he shaved since he left, or did he shave before he left? Also, Baker is about 500 miles from North Port -- that's a long way, but he could have hitched rides if he was not paranoid about being id'ed. Could he have walked 500 miles since he "disappeared"? Rented a car -- surely not. It's a close likeness, IMO. Is he truly heading for Mexico?
(And I'm running behind these posts already!! :confused: )

Yes.
It's also possible that he knew it from old and had a hiding place established from prior visits.
I've seen the swampland footage but I'm wondering whether there are any underground caves in the topographical maps?
I'd be very interested in the movements of the mustang when he drove it, stops etc.. It could well have been jam-packed with supplies that he'd been collecting, dropped at my imaginary cave and vehicle left back in parking lot for his parents to collect.

He may well have known it would be a long one.
Caves and swamps are not compatible.I'm not seeing it. If LE thinks he is still there then they are looking for a body. Going to a swamp is not an escape, no matter how many provisions. It is not sustainable at this point and without being already found. Edit: There is very little land mass compared to swamp.

You have to prepay with a card of some sort for those. If only. That would leave a trail.
I don’t see BL as a resourceful survivalist on the lam. If he is still alive , possibly anyone connected to him is being watched & can’t hypothetically help (and seriously foolish if they do IMO) …so he may fold soon.

MOO
Totally agree.
He probably only grabbed a couple of boxes of pop tarts and a few capri suns.
And cash? Unless someone made a large withdrawal for him, he was off to meditate with probably 100 bucks or less.

Oh no, he has a Darth Vader helmet and likes the Watchman comics!!!! That proves he's a murderer!

I have a cartoon drawing of myself going pew pew with an alien blaster on my wall. I have that same Watchmen comic collection in my book case. I also have a mug in the shape of Boba Fett's helmet right next to my Daenerys figurine. What does that say about me?
May as well just go ahead and turn yourself in. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member