Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes-I have a friend whose mother had at least $50k in cash at her house-why? Who knows. Someone else I know had close to $30k in a safe in his house. I really don’t understand it, but people do it.

There are a lot of people around the age of the Laundries that are still iffy on electronic things, would rather keep cash handy at all times. My parents don't keep a large sum of money around but they absolutely have a safe stash for emergency situations.

What an absolute coward BL is. He must know this isn't going to end well either way, he can't be on the run forever.

I don’t think he’s running; I think he is already dead and they are looking for his body. It would be a lot easier to find him if he was still alive-he would have been seen for sure by now. This is just my opinion

So I'm probably going to get dragged for this but I just had some thoughts that I wanted to get out there. This is going to sound nuts but I don't get a bad feeling from him. I haven't since day one. I know he killed her. Without a doubt. But I don't think it was premeditated. I don't get a Chris Watts feeling at all.

I get the Chris/Shannan vibe from Brian/Gabby only in the sense that there were no red flags from either of the men - then a few weeks of texts from both women with an I-don't-know-what-the-status-of-our-relationship-is-anymore - and then the women are found dead. But in that police bodycam video I did not pick up what many others did re: Gabby being the obvious victim and Brian being an obvious deceptive abuser. Even though he looks a lot like Chris Watts, I thought he could be just an immature 23-year-old guy, nervously smiling because he was embarrassed to have a bunch of macho police officers asking him if he wanted to press assault charges against a little 110 pound girl. It's depressing these days to try to maintain "presumed innocent" mindset and then realize the person you've been giving the benefit of the doubt to, turns out to be a wolf-in-sheep's-clothing.

There's a Walmart only a ~10 minute walk away from the Laundrie's house in North Port. This is just speculation, but IMO it's possible the wholesome mother-son bike ride the neighbor witnessed upon Brian's return could've been an excursion to Walmart to purchase pre-paid Visas/gift cards. MOO.

This may be so, but hopefully they've looked at or are looking at footage of Walmart and possibly other area stores/buildings that have cameras.

There were unconfirmed rumours that he has a Florida CCW license, which allows guns to be flown between states with reciprocity/mutual agreement.

Both Utah (so, SLC) and Wyoming have reciprocity agreements with Florida.

CCW permits are public record in FL. IMO, if he had one, I’d think we’d have heard by now.
If anyone on here wants to give it a go (it’s $15 to submit a request), here: FDACS Public Records

Interesting. The Sarasota Sheriff (N911VS) took a 19 minute flight between 11:00pm and 11:30pm yesterday. The pattern was a simple loop in the same general area they flew yesterday afternoon. The night flight stayed pretty high... 1,000 - 2,000 ft. Could be anything, I suppose.

Attachments

• N911VS PM.JPG
    N911VS PM.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 56
Caves and swamps are not compatible.I'm not seeing it. If LE thinks he is still there then they are looking for a body. Going to a swamp is not an escape, no matter how many provisions. It is not sustainable at this point and without being already found. Edit: There is very little land mass compared to swamp.
I appreciate that but it's a vast area. Has anybody seen topographical maps or not?

The copter came out of Clearwater and is now heading to nearby Venice. Either refueling or landing because of incoming storms.

In that case, it seems like it probably was the chopper that 10 Tampa Bay hire/commandeer the services of, as their overhead livestream circling the ground search base finished roughly the same time as you posted this.

Watching this live stream of the search and I'm feeling less and less assured that they are going to find him. I'm not sure what the answer is here, but I'm leaning towards they should just call off the search and hope he turns up? Is that crazy? I just feel really horrible for these searchers and I hope that there is some really good certainty that he's actively in this area because, sheeesh - this terrain. :/
if he has actually been in this reserve this entire time then I am inclined to believe he is no longer alive

Can someone tell me why people are making a big deal out of BL’s Pinterest account?

I’ve been going through his Pins (and they are shown chronologically with the most recent pins on top) and I don’t see anything problematic.

BL doesn’t seem particularly intelligent, just very obsessed with being “aspirational” and “cool”. At least that’s what his Pinterest is like: van life, tattoos, plants, vegan food… all very hipster like.

He’s also clearly into illustration which explains all the artwork he pins.

I hope they find the guy soon and he pays for what he did to Gabby (MOO I still believe he killed her on the 27th), but I don’t see anything on his Pinterest. If anything I’d be more interested in any private boards he has, because the public ones seem clean.

Interesting. The Sarasota Sheriff took a 19 minute flight between 11:00pm and 11:30pm yesterday. The pattern was a simple loop in the same general area they flew yesterday afternoon. The night flight stayed pretty high... 1,000 - 2,000 ft. Could be anything, I suppose.
I think they said they were using thermal imaging at night. Is this an altitude that would occur at? I know nothing of how it works.

Oh no, he has a Darth Vader helmet and likes the Watchman comics!!!! That proves he's a murderer!

I have a cartoon drawing of myself going pew pew with an alien blaster on my wall. I have that same Watchmen comic collection in my book case. I also have a mug in the shape of Boba Fett's helmet right next to my Daenerys figurine. What does that say about me?

If his interests are clues to his underlying narcissistic, sociopathic tendencies—look out ComicCon.

This is partly why I question his supposed trip back to Florida between the 16th and 23rd actually. If he did have a gun, I don’t think he’d have left it either with GP alone or just unaccompanied in the van, and I think it’s not too much of a stretch to imagine someone with a CCW might take a gun on a roadtrip involving periods camping in wild wilderness and bear country.
Must've hidden it in the van and parked van at the airport. Jeez....she was REALLY vulnerable left in SLC for close to a week. Creepy. jmo

petito.jpg

She was left in the open with something bright neon . Makes me wonder if he hoped she would be found while he hiked Snake River. His alibi being he left her alone doing social media work. But then he realized she wasn’t discovered and he couldn’t hitchhike across America, so he drove home defeated to await his fate.

Attachments

• 5C87C6BF-229A-4051-94C5-EC41D92E3B50.jpeg
    5C87C6BF-229A-4051-94C5-EC41D92E3B50.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 225
I am really interested to know what family/friends/acquaintances Brian has in the NYC area. As others have stated, going on the run in a swamp only 30 minutes from his house doesn't make much sense. IMHO Brian seems like the type of guy who needs to be around at least something/someone familiar to keep him (somewhat) sane (i.e., bringing his beloved plants with them on the road trip) so IMO it's more probable that he is trying to go somewhere he already knows.

I think he’s hiking and traveling headed toward the location where they planned the trip to end which was Seattle for Halloween?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB