Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many of these experts on these panel discussions who are saying how LE should handle this stop also has expert training in how to handle an encounter with a special needs individual, or a wired crackhead, or a potentially violent person with an outstanding warrant, or a mentally disturbed person, or a potential drug dealer, or any other of the widely varying interactions they have with the public. I don't normally defend the police, but with what they are expected to be perfect at handling they should be the highest paid workers in the country.

That's true. It's all in retrospect that we are able to see signs and pick up clues that the officers missed.

In reality, DV happens on a near-daily basis for these guys and very, VERY rarely does it ever escalate to murder within a few days or weeks.

Now, we're hearing from GB's friends who also saw signs. Hindsight is always 20:20.

Brian Laundrie's neighbors speak out amid investigation

Neighbors live across the street from the Laundrie’s home since summer.

They didn’t think much about the van returning, thought both were there but admitted not knowing the family.

Husband saw BL and dad working on a new camper and doing work inside of it. “When they prepared for their trip” he saw them loading it up. NOT the van, the camper shell.

BL, his mom and dad were gone “for the weekend” about a week to a week and a half after BL returned alone in the van.

They told LE about the trip about a week ago (on a Saturday) after they realized someone was missing.

They thought it odd that a 23 year old would go on, what they assumed to be, a camping trip with his folks in such a small camper.
I can't post what I really want to at this moment.

I’m just curious but why would they necessarily bother making sure they recorded a random van that they had already seen when they came in? It’s incredibly impressive they had the footage at all, I don’t understand why we expect that people driving by a van that they didn’t recognize would video it from multiple angles? JMO.
I believe the husband mentioned he didn't realize the cameras were on. He didn't realize until they got further down the park road. (paraphrasing).

They never shared the return view where the van would appear on the passenger side. They only showed an alternate view of the same clip where the camera is facing the driver/Mr. Bethune and you can see the Transit as they pass. This BOTHERS ME.

You can watch all their videos and he states that they turned the dashcam off after they completed the loop and didn't find a spot. So they weren't video taping on the way out

How could we be sure, one way or the other? I've combed over his social media and find no references to drugs. He does create a black light room/closet. Does that count?

Not sure why getting agitated in a restaurant makes anyone think he's taking drugs. My theory is still that he's very much a loner and may have a great deal of social anxiety (I believe he says he has anxiety problems in the bodycam video). That's sufficient. I've seen people who I know not to be using drugs behave in a very stressed out manner while traveling.

The Story with Martha MacCallum

Top story on her feed right now.
@10ofRods , I just have to say how much I appreciate your calm, insightful expertise. Thank you!

I heard about this account days ago from my daughter who is following the case on other platforms. I can't remember where she saw it but she told me it was substantiated. Not sure why it is just now making it to WS but it may have to do with whatever source it was coming from.

Sorry, but you didn't. It was reported today.

They were allegedly spotted at a store just across the border on 8/26. That could be what you're thinking of.

So BL flies to FL to move their stuff into storage from Aug. 17 - Aug. 23,

Move GP's stuff or stuff belonging to both? This tells me BL's parents wanted GP or both of them out of the house...like after this trip, you guys need to find another place to live

LOL as someone who lives in NY - I know how to act like a human in public. Although, I live closer to Canada than NYC. ;)
LOL. I'm in Western New York State... but, I'll say that those, y'know, 'downstaters' have a "directness" not generally associated with the balance of the state. Many times, it's refreshing.

Does anyone see someone walking in the thermal imaging (lower right corner) @ timestamp 1:03 of this news segment — or have i officially gone mad with paranoia (sorry if this has already been posted).

I very much see someone walking? Could it just be an animal? Or do you see nothing?

Does anyone remember or have a link to the GP & BL sighting in a store in Victor, WY on August 26th? That's the one where she supposedly says as she's going out the door that they are engaged.

That's interesting, because when Gabby's mother was interviewed recently she says that Gabby and Brian had broken off their engagement. Her mother, Nichole Schmidt, says they both felt they were too young. She added, "they were really just boyfriend and girlfriend."( This was in the NYPost)

This sounds as though they broke off the engagement sometime during their road trip, and Gabby shared this information with her mother, apparently after August 26th? Maybe this isn't at all relevant, as it's obvious they should have never been together in the first place.

Maybe the modern world has made me a cynic, but Ms Celie's instagram page appears to be yet an

I, also, take the restaurant thing with a grain of salt. The story featured a link to Ms Celie's instagram page (something that also appeared on this thread, this morning). Her page shows her to be yet another one trying to make a living on "social." Given the competitive nature of that "business," I wouldn't put it past anyone to go to extreme lengths to generate clicks. Although, I have no doubt Ms Celie was there, that day. To quote Seinfeld, "that's the genius of it."
From what I've seen so far, she says she and her boyfriend were sitting next to Gabby/BL. If he came in and out 4 times and was yelling loudly, why doesn't she remember anything he said?

If this timeline is accurate, it certainly speaks to premeditation. He can come up with some baloney reasoning, but it spotlights premeditation to me. I would speculate he was agitated because of what he was about to do....all speculation of course!

amateur opinion and speculation

I'm torn on that. There's a chance he shoved her too hard and she hit her head on a rock, but there's another chance she wanted out of the relationship and he'd rather see her dead than let her go.

I’m just curious but why would they necessarily bother making sure they recorded a random van that they had already seen when they came in? It’s incredibly impressive they had the footage at all, I don’t understand why we expect that people driving by a van that they didn’t recognize would video it from multiple angles? JMO.

Some people have cameras mounted on their RV's for security and insurance purposes. Some record video for sharing on YouTube or for their YouTube business (providing video content). It's commonplace these days for RVers, travelers and van lifers to record video daily of their travels. Thankfully they were recording that day.

Maybe the modern world has made me a cynic, but Ms Celie's instagram page appears to be yet an

I, also, take the restaurant thing with a grain of salt. The story featured a link to Ms Celie's instagram page (something that also appeared on this thread, this morning). Her page shows her to be yet another one trying to make a living on "social." Given the competitive nature of that "business," I wouldn't put it past anyone to go to extreme lengths to generate clicks. Although, I have no doubt Ms Celie was there, that day. To quote Seinfeld, "that's the genius of it."

I didn't think she was an influencer, at least based on my review of her profile. She just looks like a woman who likes to post cute photos and give her feed a particular style. Most of her photos have under 100 likes (some have more, but still not "influencer" level IMO).

Didn't the airstream camper woman say that he was driving really slow on the 26th? And on the 27th she saw the same van had backed in. She said he was alone.....puzzling. jmo
Yeah, initially that timeframe and detail kind of made me think GP was dead in the back on the 26th. But now with the restaurant story, I'm wondering if she was hiking or otherwise somewhere else on the 26th and we was just scouting out camping spots. Spread Creek was on their list of campgrounds they 'liked' so he could have been planning ahead and they met back up later.

Does anyone see someone walking in the thermal imaging (lower right corner) @ timestamp 1:03 of this news segment — or have i officially gone mad with paranoia (sorry if this has already been posted).

I very much see someone walking? Could it just be an animal? Or do you see nothing?
I see it too, clear as day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member