Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it were fast and simple to build a website, there wouldn't be thousands of people making a living creating websites for others.

Exactly. I am starting all over again on a website project of my own. I used to be able to use Photoshop well enough to do a few interesting graphics, but Photoshop moved on and I didn't. I'm struggling. It's way easier for me to pay a student $50 to do a graphic (like the one on Gabby's site - but for it to be scaleable, I'd need to pay more). It's cool that Gabby had that skill - and she really really did. The tonal graphic is very popular and I know people who've paid designers $200-300 for that kind of work.

I have no clue why people think Gabby wasn't working - she really ought to have just focused on enjoyment and photography and not monetization (unless it was absolutely needed at the moment - which is not good business planning).

I feel so badly for her, as so many of us have been in the exact same situation. She was talented and hardworking, each day of that trip.

I wonder what kind of "adventures" he had by himself out in the woods.

Any other people missing during that time period he was having adventures out in the woods for 3 months?

When I read this, all I could think was "Goonies!"

He asked her if she wanted gas money from him. “He told her he had seen elk and moose but no bison, and when he asked her if she needed any gas money, she said no.” Brian Laundrie manhunt: Woman in Wyoming says she picked him up hitchhiking
Thought I was losing my mind, why she would offer HIM gas money.......here's what the other FOX interview says. "bison, and when she asked him if he needed any gas money, he said no". Brian Laundrie manhunt: Woman in Wyoming says she picked him up hitchhiking

If it were fast and simple to build a website, there wouldn't be thousands of people making a living creating websites for others.
I know. Twenty years ago I worked in a job where we had to update a website with an article and graphics. Not make one from scratch, just update it. It would take me all day.

On Dr Phil, he dad said they were working on her website or webpage. Whatever it was. And he said they were youtubing each other. He said he bought her pizza. He did mention she said something about a power outage. He never said it was why she couldn't have foot the next day. He also NEVER said Brian left her alone in that state at that time, but he did say that if Brian did leave her alone like that, he'd go get her. So I do not get why her father would not mention an important detail like Brian actually freaking left her once before on that trip.
Her dad is being careful about what he says publicly right now. I'm sure more will come out after BL is arrested. jmo

The fraud charge is just to hold him (when they get him) until they have the evidence they need to arrest him for murder.
And THEY KNOW he is currently missing. SO as long as they have a charge to make him wanted by the FBI and a fugitive on the run, there's no rush for future charges while they line up every. single. duck. they need to to NAIL THE GUY.
MOO

I don't either, and I have Paypal but I don't keep any of that information on my phone.

What is interesting is if you have a lock on your phone and a lock on your financial info in your phone, it is more secure than a wallet. When your wallet gets stolen the thief has immediate access to use your cards and a lot of money can be stolen before you get a chance to have your cards cancelled.

Ours doesn't.
I work in a library and what we offer, in keeping with the public library ethos of equitable and barrier-free access to information, is somewhat anonymous computer use. People can can log into our computers with a unique temporary pass we print for them. A few of our branches have sound rooms where people can record music, practice instruments, have language lessons etc. These are small and completely visible in open areas. Were the parents to have used something like this it would have been visible to all -- and believe me with agents in tow everyone would be paying close attention, if discreetly.

How far was the parked van from the entrance to Spread Creek camping?

From 191, east on Forest Road 30290, it's approximately 2.4 miles to where the van was parked. According to the second driver that picked him up, she dropped him off at the gate, which I assume is somewhere near the entrance. He didn't have a very long walk to get back to the van. He hitched most of the way back with the two rides he got. All along the road are spots to pull off and/or camp.

distance to van.jpg

Okay so I know I’ve been bringing a lot of my thoughts on info this evening. But I can’t get this issue out of my mind since I am from Louisiana. I want to believe (and have believed) that BL was fully able to make the trip from where they were to Florida in approximately 48 hours? That’s the time frame I’ve been seeing on here. That yes, it’s possible…he could have done that…with no sleep, etc. But because I’m from Louisiana, I feel inclined to remind others of what we experienced during these key dates that he had been said to have been driving to Florida…Hurricane Ida. This storm was SLOW. It sat over us here in New Orleans for SO long which slowed it’s path down going into the rest of the country. I’m just wondering how BL was able to navigate around this B of a storm after doing what we believe he did do and make it back to Florida on the 1st? I have found the best radar loop of Ida to share with y’all. I would love to know everyone’s opinions with this wrench thrown into the situation. because it’s been steady on my mind with the dates so so close to the wrath of what we experienced down here. We’ve heard on here…sure, it’s possible He can drive without sleep…but can he do that thru a tropical storm?

It wouldn't have been hundreds of hours of editing video footage for the kind of videos she was making. Far from it.
A couple of hours here and there would've been more than enough.

I hope she spent the 6 days in the hotel, enjoying sleeping in a proper bed, making use of a hot shower, nice bathroom and chilling out and resting. She deserved it.
I didn’t say that. I said she was possibly working of future material including her website content too. However long it would take her would obviously involve the scope of whatever she was working on & her skill set, neither of which we really know. I don’t want to get lost in semantics. My point was you could very easily spend 6 days working on your brand materials, in response to q’s about what she was doing all that time.

and yes, I agree with you I hope she had some peace while she was there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member