Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking. The camping trip the family took, just after BL returned with GP's Van, did BL make his get away then? Everything else a ruse? Could he have been taken somewhere else, out of Florida even? Maybe he went over the border. If this would be the case, I imagine the family could be charged with obstruction, or aiding and abetting?

Laundrie, family appeared to go camping after he returned to Florida: neighbors

So Laundrie left his parent's home Tuesday and didn't take his phone or wallet. Phone, okay, he didn't want to be traced. Wallet... no ID, no money, etc. Planning to off himself?
If he’s stopped and says he’s John Smith-they don’t know otherwise if he had no ID. If they search him for some reason and find it-then they know who he is. I have 2 sons around his age, neither would ever drive without their ID. Hike, sure but they wouldn’t drive. I think this was an obvious and very intentional act. Cash you can easily put in a pocket or your backpack.

Did he really get home Sept 1? Timeline seems off.

Agreed 100% Tried to give them the benefit of the doubt but can't see it now. If it can be proven they're in for a rude awakening of charges IMO.
Did he really get home Sept 1? Timeline seems off.

Agreed 100% Tried to give them the benefit of the doubt but can't see it now. If it can be proven they're in for a rude awakening of charges IMO.
The license plate was read on the 1st near The Laundries home.

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Woman in Wyoming says she picked him up hitchhiking

A second person reported picking up BL hitchhiking and dropping him off at the Spread Creek camping site
Timeline is really getting clearer. I wonder if he had the wherewithal to realize he needed to shower? If he had blood and dirt from placing her body then he would have to go into town and he wouldn’t have wanted to get that in the van. Hike to town. Use public shower and get rid of some evidence and clothing. Use atm? Try to hitchhike back to spread creek. What a moron

But the resources were there for Gabby which is why so much anger is directed at the Utah officers who responded to the call. There is a women's shelter in Moab. The female Ranger recognized the signs of toxicity yet she provided Gabby no help in reaching out to that emergency shelter.

Moab, UT Domestic Violence Help, Programs

I think the female cop gave Gabby an opportunity to seek help, if she wanted it; and Gabby did end up with the truck after the incident. Maybe she wouldn’t have driven all the way across the country to her mom; but I think if she really wanted to get away from him she would’ve. It’s impossible to know what was swirling around in her head then-maybe she just did not want to give up on BL (as girls sometimes do); maybe she couldn’t imagine giving up “vanlife”. They couldn’t make her leave him, after all. But the male cop shouldn’t have commiserated with BL over “crazy women”, and it might have helped if the female cop spoke to BL to get a feel for his disposition.

This is from what BL TOLD Gabby's friend. And if he said the "Appalachians" it was assuredly a lie. No one calls hiking the AT "in the Appalachians". It's not a mountain range, it's a trail. I really doubt BL has anywhere near the skills required to survive a winter on the AT, especially is he is moving north east which he most likely would be if he went there from FL.
Snipped for focus...
Great post.
If BL heads north on the AT, he'll walk right into the raft of "southbounders" hiking south from Maine. Many don't reach Springer until November, and they tend to walk in clusters (lots of opportunity for discussing hikers who are hinky); he'll be right in the thick of them. They will be savvy and experienced, cocky. They won't put up, no way José, with tall tales about survival skills, pretenders, exaggerators. They will see right through him.

We might not ever find out, but I am hoping those calls and/or texts from her grandfather drove him bug---t, FWIW
I don’tthink Grandpa texted. That was the problem. Grandpa called and left voicemails. BL could not Call him back and “pretend” to be Gabby. If grandpa was texting, he could have just texted him back, and it would not be a giveaway. With the text to Mom, he was trying to stop Granpa from calling. Because it was “annoying” BL…..and he did not want Grandpa to get concerned and alarmed.

So there was nothing on the 29th or 30th?

Oh there most certainly is. I think it will all come out shortly along with surveillance photos and footage of Brian at gas stations, maybe a diner or a restaurant drive-thru. It still seems he drove late night August 29th into the morning and perhaps all day of the 3oth. I'm sure he stopped and napped but I don't think he got a motel or anything. I'm even having doubts he stopped and put up a tent somewhere. I believe that 1,000 dollars of Gabby's money he spent all went to gas for the van and some food. I think he was adrenaline charged, delirious and drove like a bat out of hell across almost the entire US in 3 days.

This gets me too and we have not talked a lot about it on here. He also possibly left her completely exposed to the elements and unburied ( JMO) as has been speculated. This says quite a lot about how he really felt about Gabby.

We know the one-and-only he cares for, and it never was Gabby.*

* Nor was it mom or dad, btw.

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Woman in Wyoming says she picked him up hitchhiking

EXCLUSIVE: A second woman has come forward to say she gave a hitchhiking Brian Laundrie a ride in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming on Aug. 29, two days after Gabby Petito was last seen.

Norma Jean Jalovec, a seasonal Wyoming resident from Florida, told Fox News Digital on Friday that after seeing Baker's TikTok video, she realized she had also picked up Laundrie on Aug. 29 and dropped him off around 6:30 or 6:40 MST at the Spread Creek dispersed camping area, where Petito's remains were discovered weeks later.

Jalovec said she spontaneously decided to visit a Catholic church called Chapel of the Sacred Heart in Grand Teton National Park that Sunday for its 5 p.m. MST service. The church is about 1.2 miles from Jackson Lake Dam, where Baker said she dropped Laundrie off after he "freaked out" and asked to get out of the couple's Jeep.

Jalovec said she picked him up around 6:15 or 6:20 past the dam on a stretch of road toward Spread Creek. He was walking backward and holding out his thumb, like so many do in that area of the National Park, she told Fox News.

"I picked him up…" Jelovec said. "… Something just said, 'Hey, ask him where he’s going.'"

Laundrie, who sat in the passenger seat of Jalovec's 4Runner, asked if she was going to Jackson. When she told him no because she lives in the opposite direction, he asked her if she'd drop him off at the Spread Creek dispersed camping area, which she agreed to, Jalovec said.

Spread Creek is about a 20-minute drive from the dam.

"Everything's legitimate. Everything's corroborated. I already talked to the FBI," Jalovec said, adding that she didn't realize she had given a ride to Laundrie until after she saw Baker's TikTok video and emphasized the important role social media has played in helping to solve this case.

Jalovec described having the same small talk with Laundrie that Baker reported in her TikTok. He told her that he spent time hiking near Snake River and that he had a fiancé. He told her he had seen elk and moose but no bison, and when she asked him if he needed any gas money, he said no.

On the ride to Spread Creek, Jalovec said she took a sharp right turn, causing a Bible on her dashboard to fall onto Laundrie's lap. He picked up the book and put it back on the dashboard.

The 23-year-old asked Jalovec to drop him off at the gate of the remote campground, which has a single dirt road that extends miles to various camping sites in the area; at 6:30 p.m. MST in August, there would have still been some daylight to see into the camping area. Jalovec responded saying she could drive him inside, which is when he tried to "get out of the moving car," she said.

Jalovec said she joked with Laundrie about wanting to impress his fiancé by hiking into the campground rather than hitching a ride, but he only responded by insisting that he be let out of the vehicle.

(does anyone else think that Baker, the first hitchhiker picker upper, looked a little like Gabby? I thought her picture was a photo of Gabby in the first article I saw... need to see what Ms. Jalovec looks like... maybe just a coincidence... just checked... long blond hair anyway...)

Sorry if this is an obvious question but I'm really curious about police apparently doing surveillance on the parents today when they went to the lawyer. I'm not stanning for the parents here, just genuinely curious how the law works. To surveil someone, must there be some kind of evidence? Does it need anything like a warrant? I guess what I'm asking is if surveilling the parents suggests anything about their status in this investigation?
The arrest warrant was issued yesterday.

Quote: In surreal scenes, undercover agents - believed to be the FBI - followed the Laundries inside and hovered in the aisles as they kept their eyes on them.

Wow!
After their attorney meeting, i bet they needed to talk privately. If they think the car and their house is bugged, it would explain a bizarre library pitstop.

It's the first I have heard of it.
He most likely has a burner phone, so no need for his phone and just because he left his wallet behind doesn't mean that he also left the contents of said wallet behind. Jmo.

He probably didn't have anything in his wallet anyway, broke joke drove home on poor Gabby's dime. It is my opinion he is a joke of a person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awb1903