Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must be missing where it says he got cash. He might have, or he might have gotten groceries or gas.
Only one card number was listed in the indictment and 2 checking accounts. It's a fair assumption that the card was tied to two or more accounts. The can only be set up to debit one account when the chip is read or it's swiped when making a purchase at a store or gas pump. That means the other account would only be accessible from a cash advance or ATM withdrawal. imo

bbm
Hmmmm, if so, then I would assume he wouldn't be too far from the library.
And probably on his way to a new area for the next drop. Maybe only one parent will go next time? Maybe near another out-of-the-way errand or visit? Really can't think of a reason to be at a library that isn't near your home.

I am going to offer a left field possibility. What if (sorry to go here), when he returned home, he acquired his parents cards either with or without permission. He took them with him when he went back. IF and this is a big IF, this is the scenario, could they have had to state he did this without permission, which makes it a crime in an attempt to show (true or not) they have not been helping him.

I know its way out there from the obvious of these being Gabby’s cards, but with her inability to order pizza….
Good thought but I thought the dates he used the cards were before he was back in fla? Unless he took them when he was back to empty out the mysterious storage unit?

Only one card number was listed in the indictment and 2 checking accounts. It's a fair assumption that the card was tied to two or more accounts. The can only be set up to debit one account when the chip is read or it's swiped when making a purchase at a store or gas pump. That means the other account would only be accessible from a cash advance or ATM withdrawal. imo

The indictment says two accounts, not 2 checking accounts.

I think this is where I am at with him. Why did he return home? I suppose it's possible he made some crazy story to his parents about how it was an accident that caused her death but no one would believe him so he panicked, drove home, told parents and they decided to help him find a place to hide? I mean they had to know he can't stay on the run and that their silence would just make it look worse.
I guess the length of time it took for her to be reported missing may have given him hope that he pulled it off. And by that time he had time to formulate a plan. I don't see him committing suicide, he had days to do it and didn't.

You know, the parents and BL might be able to communicate through their lawyer - confidential privilege. You can't bug a lawyer communicating with clients.

that’s why I firmly believe they have known where he is the whole time. Through the search today I saw a few buildings out in the reserve. I really hope they’ve checked those. I’m also curious as to who I saw walking through the trees on the thermal from a few days ago since it was apparently taken at night. Time stamp 1:03 bottom right corner

I’m shocked by how many people are willing to give a stranger a ride. MOO
Well, I'm glad to hear America has not changed so much.
It was always the best place in the world to hitch hike. The best and kindest people.
That lady had her bible, which attacked him, hopefully sending him into orbit but I betcha she had a gun handy if needed too.
I was happy to see it but I know the dangers too. Especially with covid.

I am going to offer a left field possibility. What if (sorry to go here), when he returned home, he acquired his parents cards either with or without permission. He took them with him when he went back. IF and this is a big IF, this is the scenario, could they have had to state he did this without permission, which makes it a crime in an attempt to show (true or not) they have not been helping him.

I know it’s out there from the simplest answer of these being Gabby’s cards, but with her inability to order pizza….
Was she unable to buy pizza, or was her dad just doing something nice for her? I've bought dinner and had it delivered to out-of-state friends just to be nice.

I know its way out there from the obvious of these being Gabby’s cards, but with her inability to order pizza….

Just in regards to the last sentence, I wouldn’t assume GP was unable to buy a pizza, it could simply have been an act of love from her Dad. My 22yo is s traveller and I would often randomly send money specifically for buying a good meal. She had her own money but I would do this just as a gift because I love her. She had saved up and was doing it all on a strict budget, so it’s just something nice to do.

Credit cards don't use PINS generally speaking.

And many places don't require a pin for a debit purchase either.
Yes, that'a true, but I am willing to bet he knew her PIN number. -- after everything else we know about him and how he treated her. "Gabby, honey, I'll run to the store -- relax and take a nap." Or something like that. JMO

So it's possible that BL's parents are working with LE to have him arrested but the parents are keeping it from the public for some reason.

I’m sorry to say I haven’t been online - but I will say that considering the charges I would not be surprised if he helped himself to the parent cards (we keep ours in a bowl because we trust the people in our house) if they were available
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member