Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive thinking scenario #1 as well. If they argued after parking the van and, say, she ran out into the field and he chased her, and continued the kind of action that was witnessed in Moab that could have killed her. That would explain why she was "hidden" in such an open area--if he was stunned by what he had done and just took off running without a plan, he could have been exactly where he said he was--by the Snake River all night. Eventually, he would have to realize that he had to do more than that. If he had no phone, no money and no transportation, he was going to have to go back to the scene. That could be why the van sat there for several days unoccupied before he left. JMO

Makes sense indeed, although he offered 200 dollars to the person who first came forward to say they picked him up so he had money at least - he may have had both phones too

I saw in an earlier thread somebody was talking about a site where it looked like selling Gabby's stuff? Any body know where that was or what I am referencing

Depends on how the text was sent. My iphone broke for a week this year and I sent texts via my macbook and ipad as the facetime was connected. So the device may have not been operational, but texts could still theoretically be sent from the number/account. So it is plausible that the dates do not add up and phone not operational, yet texts still received. I have no idea, other than phones what equipment they had in terms of laptops or iphones.
Thank you for pointing this out- my Mac sends text messages just like my phone does - BL sure is a taker IMO- he took her Van and he took her money…
JMO

Is there any real action in the swamp park, or is this search a ruse by LE?

That's a very expensive ruse!

Have you seen the kind of equipment and vehicles they're using to carry out the search!? They have to feel certain there's something there to retrieve. 'Retrieve' being the operative word here.

If BL is in that swamp, he's not alive IMO, so if they're searching there it's for his body, or for evidence to support the case.

Remember the FBI will always choose to show us only maybe 10% of what they're doing. We'd have to be dumb to think they're putting all their eggs in one basket. It's the FBI, FFS!

The likelihood is they're searching a multitude of different locations, but deliberately cherry picking which to inform the public about.

Additionally, if BL does have access to social media and the news, it will be handy for him to think they're looking in the wrong place for him.

Being lulled into a false sense of security is when he may start to get comfortable, and in turn make silly mistakes that lead to his capture.

MOO

Last edited:
So, we know the van was parked at the Spread Creek camp area. We have witnesses that helped Laundries travel along the road around the Jackson area and the Spread Creek camp area.

I wonder why he didn't bring attention to Gabby ?

It would seem that the alibi of camping in the wilderness and being surprised that Gabby was missing upon his return would require that he call authorities for help to find her.

Instead, he drove off with her van, used her debit card, and came home, refused to speak to authorities, has parent's lawyer, and then disappears.

We have reports from the drivers that picked up Laundrie that he spoke about camping in an isolated area along the Snake river and Gabby was writing her blog.

So, might we expect a dialog from Gabby mentioning the wilderness trip while she stayed in the van ? We would expect that Gabby would have dropped him off and picked him up rather than Laundrie needing to hitchhike ? Their cellphones worked in the area. Especially, a camping area.

Laundrie left Gabby in a field, left the camp site, left home, did not get involved with her search.

And Cain said to Abel his brother, "Let us go out to the field," and when they were in the field Cain rose against Abel his brother and killed him. And the Lord said to Cain, "Where is Abel your brother? And he said, "I do not know: am I my brother's keeper?" And He said, "What have you done? Listen!

maybe knew evidence pointed to him and didn’t want to be confronted by police in any way

I'm leaning towards the 'they had a fight, he took off and when he came back she was dead' theory. It seems like they had quite a fiery relationship and I could see this happening, with no idea how dire the consequences would be.

However, for him to cover it up, not cooperate when Gabby was missing, to involve his parents etc...that to me is horrible and worth being charged with obstruction/perverting the course of justice at the very least. Maybe even manslaughter if it can be proven he left her in a dangerous situation.

GP didn't seem to have a lot of physical abuse signs displayed in her shared social media (e.g., bruises, scratches, scars, etc). It did look like she had bags under her eyes or maybe swollen eyes indicating post-crying (e.g., perhaps indicating that it was so normal for her that she didn't think it was abnormal to look like she had been crying). It looks to me like there was a lot of emotional domestic violence. I am 50 now, but I remember in my early 20s in college knowing people that preyed on each other mentally - without any physical abuse.

My speculative guess is that they had yet another fight where he was emotionally manipulating her feelings, she fell for it _again_, she physically responded, he ran across the creek, she followed, and fate took its course (e.g., he snapped).

My speculative guess is that the "van life" was more likely the "pressure cooker life" for emotionally juvenile individuals on the edge of desperation.

Looking at the police footage and the witness accounts I just see two young fragile individuals who were codependent on each other and who were documenting a false life. Social media is quite the oddity. Within the pressure cooker of their tiny van and having to document a fake existence, the pressures of honesty got to be too much.

I doubt the murder was premeditated. My speculation is that he lost control and ended her life. He probably looks at it like an accident. Truly a tragedy borne out of naive juvenile minds.

I'm perplexed by my own interest in this story. In my early 20s I traveled with the Grateful Dead tours which is not dissimilar from a "van life." We lived out of vans and went to different cites every couple of days. Maybe its nostalgia for me. I also have 3 daughters who are about the same age. Maybe that's it.

Either way I find determining the moral of this tragedy to be equally perplexing. The perils of social media? The perils of codependency? The perils of life on the road? The perils of existing in your early 20s with no plan for the future? The perils of finding America in your youth?

I just keep hearing her say "juice bar" to the police officer and it hits me hard. She was _so_ young...

I think we've been missing something really big in the timelines, or I missed this discussion and it hasn't been removed on our main timeline.

The text "no service in Yosemite" couldn't haven't come from GP's phone. According to the search warrant, the last communication from her phone was the 27th and it was NO LONGER OPERATIONAL. So there could have been no text on the 30th.

I stand by my theory that that GP's grandfather was calling during/after whatever transpired and BL was panicking and needed it to stop.

Edit: fixed spelling. Sometimes I swipe too fast and hit post in my excitement, so please ignore those blatant, nonsensical errors. Eventually I'll see them.
This screenshot is misleading. Earlier ones that have been posted show that Gabby's phone went offline on 9/1

Brian Laundrie look-alike spotted by TikTok user in Canada (nypost.com)
A flight attendant has posted a photo she snapped of a “flustered” man she said looked strikingly similar to Gabby Petito’s missing boyfriend Brian Laundrie outside a hotel in Canada, according to a report.

The woman said on TikTok that she spotted the man on Monday as he walked out of the hotel in Toronto where she was staying, The Sun reported.

The man — who appeared “flustered” — then got into car and drove off with another man, the woman said on TikTok using the handle @cwlynn, according to the news outlet.

[...]

That guy looks nothing like Brian. Look at his completely full beard, where Brian doesn't have that. Also, this guy looks middle eastern of some kind and 45 years old.

A flight attendant taking a picture of a passenger and then posting it for the world to see - who doesn't in fact look like Brian - is extremely unprofessional, IMHO.

I think we need to find this screenshot. If the phone wasn't active post the 27th and the message came from an ipad, then more than likely wifi was needed, which would almost ensure that was BL that sent it, right?

You can get Ipads that have a sim. But yes, implies wifi or a hotspot. But we assume that the phone was non operational coincides with her death. He may have broken her phone in a fight, and she didn't die until a day or 2 later. But too me, my uneducated opinion, he wanted her family to think they went their seperate ways. So when she is reported missing he says, oh we broke up and she went off with people to Yosemite.

Or it autocorrected from Yellowstone.

Looking at the map, it was quite a distance from North Port to Orlando. Quite a distance to go to see their attorney who travelled to FL to see them. Why travel so far to see the attorney? Why didn't the lawyer fly into Fort Meyers? What I'm wondering is, if the Laundries have Brian hidden somewhere, could it be in the area of Orlando?

Hey everyone, Happy Friday. Here’s hoping LE find BL today!

I just wanted to weigh in on some of the YouTube comments and questions I've seen floating about. I was a ‘YouTuber’ for about 8 years. The time taken to make ONE video, when it's just ONE PERSON doing all of the work, can be HOURS!

I still occasionally make videos for clients. Last week, 57 total minutes of footage took me close to 6 hours to make into a professional looking finished 12-minute video that was suitable for YouTube — editing all of the misspoken words and “ums” out, finding music, adding closed captioning, the introduction, the end screen, adding a description, finding optimal keywords to use in the description. Finding suitable royalty-free music ALONE can take me hours. GP would have been going through hours of footage to find the right parts, snipping them, jigsawing them together, editing photos… And then there are voiceovers (if she was doing those). It can be such a long process. It's a damn hard graft. Some of the YouTubers I know have multiple people working on the channel. (Side note: There's probably quite a lot of footage for LE to go through.)

And all of this is BEFORE we get to the promo side of things. GP had a website (which can be many, many, many hours of faffing around for a relative beginner, ESPECIALLY to get it off the ground, and looking “perfect,” and even with WordPress/SquareSpace/Wix, etc.) Then there’s TikTok (more editing and caption-creating), and Instagram (requires consistent+regular content to gain any traction). Comments need to be replied to. Posts and videos need to be scheduled at “optimal” times to get the most reach+engagement. Influencing (I use the term loosely and never referred to myself by that name) is a full time job when you have wifi, so I can only imagine how stressed out someone could get, on the road, without wifi.

The work quickly depletes the batteries on my devices. I’m not clued up on solar chargers and whatnot, but that side of things would have quickly become an issue (for me) in the wilderness — phones, iPads, computers, drones, other recordable devices, Apple Watch,etc. Some of my external hard drives also require a power source although I don't think that's common now.

To make money from YouTube, GP would’ve needed to have at least 1,000 subscribers AND 4,000 hours of viewing in the past 12 months. Her channel wouldn't have been eligible for monetisation before that. I don't see sponsored posts [ad/gifted/affiliate/spon/other disclosures], so I'm assuming GP wasn't making any money from the van life venture. I’m not aware of how many followers, etc GP had before the story made headline news, but it would have been (IMO) a truckload of work for very little reward at the beginning. If she were being belittled by BL at the same time… stress city, I imagine.

Some people have said that GP’s first video was an odd choice — you can create an Introduction/overview-style video that sits permanently on the top of your Channel. It looks to me as though her video would've been used for that.

I think what GP started was beautiful, and she clearly had a lot of talent.

Agreed! It's NOT easy and lots of HARD work, long, long hours of filming and editing.
She would have been a successful YouTuber or Instagram Influencer if he life wasn't cut short.

No, some iPads have cellular service.
iPad + Cellular
True, but
No, some iPads have cellular service.
iPad + Cellular
I still think knowing how the message from the 30th came in is important. The search warrant wouldn't have the wrong info in it. It may have left out the message on the 30th, but that may have been intentional. I think it was purposeful in saying the last contact from her on her phone was the 27th

That guy looks nothing like Brian. Look at his completely full beard, where Brian doesn't have that. Also, this guy looks middle eastern of some kind and 45 years old.

A flight attendant taking a picture of a passenger and then posting it for the world to see - who doesn't in fact look like Brian - is extremely unprofessional, IMHO.
the "full beard" is his mask pulled down chin hammock style.

I think we need to find this screenshot. If the phone wasn't active post the 27th and the message came from an ipad, then more than likely wifi was needed, which would almost ensure that was BL that sent it, right?
Some ipads and tablets have their own SIM cards though?

I'm not convinced its him, but really we should expect him to have a full beard by now. It's the fastest way to look different from the way he did when he was with Gabby. JMO

SEP 24, 2021
Gabby Petito Case Update: Brian Laundrie still missing after arrest warrant issued in case - ABC7 New York (abc7ny.com)
[...]

The search for Laundrie in a massive reserve, which includes thousands of acres of forbidding, swampy subtropical terrain replete with alligators, snakes, turkey, deer and other wild creatures.

There are more than 100 miles of hiking and horseback riding trails.

[...]

Meanwhile, divers joined in the search for 23-year-old Laundrie in Florida on Wednesday.

The Sarasota County Sheriff's Office confirmed that they sent members of their Sheriff's Underwater Recovery Force to Carlton Reserve.

[...]

Officials said large bodies of water are located in the reserve and deploying the dive team does not mean anything has been found. It's a part of the overall search process.

[...]

Could this be to keep news helicopters out? They might give away rough locations of the units on the ground. The news were following a lot of the LE officials, plus LE are getting some heat about destroying the park. They probably don’t want it all being documented/watched.

news chopper is there flying at 15,000 ft

RE the full beard is actually a face mask but I agree it's not him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix