Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on how the text was sent. My iphone broke for a week this year and I sent texts via my macbook and ipad as the facetime was connected. So the device may have not been operational, but texts could still theoretically be sent from the number/account. So it is plausible that the dates do not add up and phone not operational, yet texts still received. I have no idea, other than phones what equipment they had in terms of laptops or iphones.

Search warrant specifically states 27th was last communication

"Nicole Schmidt, Petito’s mother, said she received text messages from her daughter on Aug. 27 and Aug. 30"

So this implies that the last known communication by gabby was the 27th. The communication on the 30th is probably not be attributed to Gabby but BL. And this did not necessarily have to be sent by phone as explained earlier, but a connected Ipad or Laptop. Fits with her phone being non operational, yet receiving a text on the 30th

Last edited:
sorry 12,000 feet high TFR

which is weird because last few days has been only 400 ft which was to keep drones out

but 12,000 feet is rather high and odd change to this

Could this be to keep news helicopters out? They might give away rough locations of the units on the ground. The news were following a lot of the LE officials, plus LE are getting some heat about destroying the park. They probably don’t want it all being documented/watched.

I do think that’s an error. Her mother has also specifically stated that she received the 8/30 text from Gabby’s number. I saw a screenshot of it in some video - the punctuation/capitalization was “no service, in Yosemite” .

I vividly remember the screenshot. It was just of the single text message.

I think we need to find this screenshot. If the phone wasn't active post the 27th and the message came from an ipad, then more than likely wifi was needed, which would almost ensure that was BL that sent it, right?

I think we've been missing something really big in the timelines, or I missed this discussion and it hasn't been removed on our main timeline.

The text "no service in Yosemite" couldn't haven't come from GP's phone. According to the search warrant, the last communication from her phone was the 27th and it was NO LONGER OPERATIONAL. So there could have been no text on the 30th.

I stand by my theory that that GP's grandfather was calling during/after whatever transpired and BL was panicking and needed it to stop.

Edit: fixed spelling. Sometimes I swipe too fast and hit post in my excitement, so please ignore those blatant, nonsensical errors. Eventually I'll see them.

Doesn't it specify in the search warrant that Gabby's phone was turned off on September 1st. Which would render it inoperable from then on. Obviously it had to be operational before that in order for the 27th & the 30th texts to be sent.

Correct me if I am wrong, but if BL left Jackson Hole area at around about 11 p.m. on the 29th and arrived in North Point around 10:30 a.m. on the 1st of September, doesn't that give BL 59.5 hours of travel time? That's plenty.

Hey everyone, Happy Friday. Here’s hoping LE find BL today!

I just wanted to weigh in on some of the YouTube comments and questions I've seen floating about. I was a ‘YouTuber’ for about 8 years. The time taken to make ONE video, when it's just ONE PERSON doing all of the work, can be HOURS!

I still occasionally make videos for clients. Last week, 57 total minutes of footage took me close to 6 hours to make into a professional looking finished 12-minute video that was suitable for YouTube — editing all of the misspoken words and “ums” out, finding music, adding closed captioning, the introduction, the end screen, adding a description, finding optimal keywords to use in the description. Finding suitable royalty-free music ALONE can take me hours. GP would have been going through hours of footage to find the right parts, snipping them, jigsawing them together, editing photos… And then there are voiceovers (if she was doing those). It can be such a long process. It's a damn hard graft. Some of the YouTubers I know have multiple people working on the channel. (Side note: There's probably quite a lot of footage for LE to go through.)

And all of this is BEFORE we get to the promo side of things. GP had a website (which can be many, many, many hours of faffing around for a relative beginner, ESPECIALLY to get it off the ground, and looking “perfect,” and even with WordPress/SquareSpace/Wix, etc.) Then there’s TikTok (more editing and caption-creating), and Instagram (requires consistent+regular content to gain any traction). Comments need to be replied to. Posts and videos need to be scheduled at “optimal” times to get the most reach+engagement. Influencing (I use the term loosely and never referred to myself by that name) is a full time job when you have wifi, so I can only imagine how stressed out someone could get, on the road, without wifi.

The work quickly depletes the batteries on my devices. I’m not clued up on solar chargers and whatnot, but that side of things would have quickly become an issue (for me) in the wilderness — phones, iPads, computers, drones, other recordable devices, Apple Watch,etc. Some of my external hard drives also require a power source although I don't think that's common now.

To make money from YouTube, GP would’ve needed to have at least 1,000 subscribers AND 4,000 hours of viewing in the past 12 months. Her channel wouldn't have been eligible for monetisation before that. I don't see sponsored posts [ad/gifted/affiliate/spon/other disclosures], so I'm assuming GP wasn't making any money from the van life venture. I’m not aware of how many followers, etc GP had before the story made headline news, but it would have been (IMO) a truckload of work for very little reward at the beginning. If she were being belittled by BL at the same time… stress city, I imagine.

Some people have said that GP’s first video was an odd choice — you can create an Introduction/overview-style video that sits permanently on the top of your Channel. It looks to me as though her video would've been used for that.

I think what GP started was beautiful, and she clearly had a lot of talent.
After working her tail off for 6 hours in that cafe, can you imagine her "loving fiance" coming in the cafe in a snit fit because he hadn't been able to go hiking, it is "his turn". So here she is trying to upload and he denies that. Slaps her around, hits her in the street because she is insisting that she needs to finish the upload. Tries to steal her phone and her van, tells her she'll never be a youtuber. This is what happened IMO.

I rewatched the cop cam, right near the beginning he says "I gave her time......." then trails off as he knows he's revealing too much. Remember this is before it dawns on him that the cops are going to ignore his speeding and racing away from them. And charge HER with violence towards HIM. Musta seemed like winning the lottery, getting away with all that.

Thanks so much for explaining the skill and hard work going into a 12 minute vid for yt. imagine if you did all that and some jerk won't let you upload.

Last edited:
I think we need to find this screenshot. If the phone wasn't active post the 27th and the message came from an ipad, then more than likely wifi was needed, which would almost ensure that was BL that sent it, right?

I’m looking for it now!

How quickly can LE differentiate between texts sent from an iPhone vs an Apple Watch? My guess is her watch was not taken by him after he killed her. But I’m wondering if she had tried to text from it before.

There are a TON of LE officers there from multiple agencies. If it's all a ruse, it would be a hella expensive ruse.

And they certainly are destroying large parts of the nature preserve. It's one thing if they really think he could be there, dead or alive. It's quite another if it's a "ruse" of uncertain purpose.
JMO

"Nicole Schmidt, Petito’s mother, said she received text messages from her daughter on Aug. 27 and Aug. 30"

So this implies that the last known communication by gabby was the 27th. The communication on the 30th is probably not be attributed to Gabby but BL. And this did not necessarily have to be sent by phone as explained earlier, but a connected Ipad or Laptop.

Very damning if sent by Brian, which it clearly was. I don't think Yosemite was an accident either.

I do not believe the hitchhiker story. I believe it was his way of using it as an alibi.

I do believe he got in a fight with Gabby, potentially two way. He then left her for dead and ran. When he came back, he saw that she had died and he legged it.

I don’t think it’s as “clear cut” as murder and I think there are sufficient grey areas in his and his parents minds that means they believe he has a mitigating circumstance. I’m not saying I agree with them.

His parents are coming across as cold hearted but I think they have had enough doubt to want to see a lawyer and the lawyer has told them to stay quiet. I don’t think they know all the details of the case and they are trying to give the benefit of the doubt to their son. Between a rock and a hard place for those parents and I do have some sympathy for them.

of course, if it comes out that against human nature and reasonableness they did in fact know the details and still chose to be obstructive, the courts should throw the book at them. I just don’t think it’s as clear cut as people try to make it on here. MOO
Gabby is dead. He, as far as we know is alive.

I mean if he was smart, he would have driven that van to the SLC airport and had two weeks in the Costa Rican jungle before anyone knew they were missing.

So I don't think this was well planned at all. I think something happened - he flew into a rage, he heard voices - and he just coldly killed her and left her for dead. I don't see any other universe where you take her van (which really eliminates the argument that she drove off into the sunset) and go back to your parent's house (who will ask questions??). Something is really off.

I have started to think maybe after he killed her he realized what he did and became suicidal. Maybe he figured he would have a week or two with his parents to give them a last good memory of him and then off to the swap.

If he did kill her, I don't think it was planned.

As I have said, and agree with you, the better escape plan would be a Central or South America country. I would not pick Costa Rica as there are many expats there and the country is US friendly. However, I think your point is not a specific country but more along the same lines with me.

If he did kill her, it appears to me that denial took over as a coping mechanism. This would explain the normal behavior when he got back home. He made up a story that his parents believed and he was trying to believe.

Once her body was found, that denial evaporated. Where did he go from there? I think that is yet to be known but the area of the search must be searched. I do think he had suicidal thoughts but is was after the body was found. As I have said previously, I don't rule out other possibilities but I highly suspect he is dead.

I think we've been missing something really big in the timelines, or I missed this discussion and it hasn't been removed on our main timeline.

The text "no service in Yosemite" couldn't haven't come from GP's phone. According to the search warrant, the last communication from her phone was the 27th and it was NO LONGER OPERATIONAL. So there could have been no text on the 30th.

I stand by my theory that that GP's grandfather was calling during/after whatever transpired and BL was panicking and needed it to stop.

Edit: fixed spelling. Sometimes I swipe too fast and hit post in my excitement, so please ignore those blatant, nonsensical errors. Eventually I'll see them.

Possibly already said by twenty other people by now, but it could have been her SIM card in his phone, or using her log-in details on a direct messaging or social media app, messages of which sometimes colloquially get called “texts” even if they’re not specifically SMS messages.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, Happy Friday. Here’s hoping LE find BL today!

I just wanted to weigh in on some of the YouTube comments and questions I've seen floating about. I was a ‘YouTuber’ for about 8 years. The time taken to make ONE video, when it's just ONE PERSON doing all of the work, can be HOURS!

I still occasionally make videos for clients. Last week, 57 total minutes of footage took me close to 6 hours to make into a professional looking finished 12-minute video that was suitable for YouTube — editing all of the misspoken words and “ums” out, finding music, adding closed captioning, the introduction, the end screen, adding a description, finding optimal keywords to use in the description. Finding suitable royalty-free music ALONE can take me hours. GP would have been going through hours of footage to find the right parts, snipping them, jigsawing them together, editing photos… And then there are voiceovers (if she was doing those). It can be such a long process. It's a damn hard graft. Some of the YouTubers I know have multiple people working on the channel. (Side note: There's probably quite a lot of footage for LE to go through.)

And all of this is BEFORE we get to the promo side of things. GP had a website (which can be many, many, many hours of faffing around for a relative beginner, ESPECIALLY to get it off the ground, and looking “perfect,” and even with WordPress/SquareSpace/Wix, etc.) Then there’s TikTok (more editing and caption-creating), and Instagram (requires consistent+regular content to gain any traction). Comments need to be replied to. Posts and videos need to be scheduled at “optimal” times to get the most reach+engagement. Influencing (I use the term loosely and never referred to myself by that name) is a full time job when you have wifi, so I can only imagine how stressed out someone could get, on the road, without wifi.

The work quickly depletes the batteries on my devices. I’m not clued up on solar chargers and whatnot, but that side of things would have quickly become an issue (for me) in the wilderness — phones, iPads, computers, drones, other recordable devices, Apple Watch,etc. Some of my external hard drives also require a power source although I don't think that's common now.

To make money from YouTube, GP would’ve needed to have at least 1,000 subscribers AND 4,000 hours of viewing in the past 12 months. Her channel wouldn't have been eligible for monetisation before that. I don't see sponsored posts [ad/gifted/affiliate/spon/other disclosures], so I'm assuming GP wasn't making any money from the van life venture. I’m not aware of how many followers, etc GP had before the story made headline news, but it would have been (IMO) a truckload of work for very little reward at the beginning. If she were being belittled by BL at the same time… stress city, I imagine.

Some people have said that GP’s first video was an odd choice — you can create an Introduction/overview-style video that sits permanently on the top of your Channel. It looks to me as though her video would've been used for that.

I think what GP started was beautiful, and she clearly had a lot of talent.

Agreed! It's NOT easy and lots of HARD work, long, long hours of filming and editing.
She would have been a successful YouTuber or Instagram Influencer if he life wasn't cut short.

Brian Laundrie look-alike spotted by TikTok user in Canada (nypost.com)
A flight attendant has posted a photo she snapped of a “flustered” man she said looked strikingly similar to Gabby Petito’s missing boyfriend Brian Laundrie outside a hotel in Canada, according to a report.

The woman said on TikTok that she spotted the man on Monday as he walked out of the hotel in Toronto where she was staying, The Sun reported.

The man — who appeared “flustered” — then got into car and drove off with another man, the woman said on TikTok using the handle @cwlynn, according to the news outlet.

[...]

So, we know the van was parked at the Spread Creek camp area. We have witnesses that helped Laundries travel along the road around the Jackson area and the Spread Creek camp area.

I wonder why he didn't bring attention to Gabby ?

It would seem that the alibi of camping in the wilderness and being surprised that Gabby was missing upon his return would require that he call authorities for help to find her.

Instead, he drove off with her van, used her debit card, and came home, refused to speak to authorities, has parent's lawyer, and then disappears.

We have reports from the drivers that picked up Laundrie that he spoke about camping in an isolated area along the Snake river and Gabby was writing her blog.

So, might we expect a dialog from Gabby mentioning the wilderness trip while she stayed in the van ? We would expect that Gabby would have dropped him off and picked him up rather than Laundrie needing to hitchhike ? Their cellphones worked in the area. Especially, a camping area.

Laundrie left Gabby in a field, left the camp site, left home, did not get involved with her search.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members