Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deleted by me: earlier link, not relevant.

Not true, why would I lie about getting it on the same day in NYC if that weren't true? I went in PERSON I didn't do it by a mail in application. Maybe you should check your own state and it's abilities to provide same day passports. Mine wasn't for emergency reasons at all, nothing life threatening.
I do not doubt you at all. With virus restrictions however, in my area at least, "in person" anything is shut down. I would factor that in at this time if the offices they would have gone to have restrictions in place.

One thing in curious about, is the supposed BL family camping trip sometime between the 7-10th. A lot here have thought that the family had basically stocked up on supplies, got him to a safe place and drove back home. In three days, that’s entirely possible. But, if they did in fact actually go camping where did they go? How has no one come forward to say they’ve seen them or their very distinguishable camper attachment to that truck? If they were in a campground for three days I would imagine they must have been seen. I guess they could have gone back to one of BL’s beloved dispersed camping sites for the free spot, but why would an older couple cheap out like that. A regulated campsite would have facilities nearby, a power hook up. A proper fire pit on site, etc. So I’m leaning towards they didn’t go camping at all, as someone must have seen them. And not just one group, many people would have noticed this couple and their balding twenty something son.

I agree. No camping trip. Just because they have a camper on their truck does not mean they went camping. Also, I would think if he were in a public area, someone would have recalled and come forward by now. Of course LE could easily track them some of the way with transtar, or the likes. Camera's everywhere. In my opinion, the parents loaded up and took him somewhere to hide out while they consult with an attorney. Not that there is anything they could do to avoid the inevitable. I believe they will find him close to home. LE knows way more than they are telling right now. They will not tip their hand. I'm sure they are looking at financial records, purchases, street cameras, family and friends, etc. I don't believe he is as skilled at survival as everyone seems to be giving him credit for. It was his shtick. His SM persona. Everyone his age has one. Taking pictures like rock stars, but that is not the reality.
Drive somewhere, get out take some pictures, go back to the tent for the night, then off the the restaurant or hotel. He's not a survivalist. What ever the case, from the little I've gathered, he's probably pretty soft, as men go. My bet is they find him at a pay by the week hotel that someone else paid for, or a boat shed, or vacant house, or similar. Maybe even being harbored by a family member, but less likely. I doubt he has exited the country. They could track his passport. Would have already been shots of him on the news in an airport.

I got my passport in person the same day in NYC so yes I imagine it was a available service in every State not just the State of New York. I probably could have gone to the State Capital of Trenton in New Jersey and did the same thing, but I prefer NYC. It could have changed after 9/11 because I renewed my passport after 9/11 through a mail in not a in person visit.

Well, 9/11 was 20 years ago... Lots of things have probably changed although I think more changes would affect those trying to come into the US vs those wanting to go out. But staff numbers may be concentrated differently because of 9/11.
JMO

I think everyone is giving him too much credit. I honestly don't think he's that smart. Lying and conniving, yes, but smart/intelligent, no. He went somewhere (if he did indeed go there) he knows. He knows what it takes to survive in there and most likely how to get thru the area perhaps to someplace to hole up until he feels the search is over. He will need to get out of there to get supplies at some point. And I seriously doubt he nor his parents thought the search would be this intense or long. I think they'll find him or signs of him soon.

I do agree with you!!

True. Same here. As of pre Covid restrictions, it was possible. I went through process with family members s number of times. You walk in, stand in line, give your app and info , leave for several hours and return to pick up new passport. There is a surcharge involved. There was a place in Manhattan and one in Connecticut that offered the service.

Just to throw a twist at this - there’s also the passport card which you can get much more quickly. I don’t think BL did. If he left the country IMO he did so illegally.

Regarding the Labor Day trip. . .Can anyone out there tell me if the family had a history of going camping? It it to me not something one does on a whim..preparation, food, mapping the place you will stay, open site to put camper. It seems odd. JMO.

I'm guessing so, since they own a camper.

But, the timing is sure odd.

I read here on WS that BL left his wallet and cards at home (unsure if true, tho). My question is whether BL also left his Passport at home?
If he did own a passport it wouldn't be any help to him ~ I don't think he would find it efficient in helping him hide or escape with 'Brian Christopher Laundrie' blazed all over it.

Question here: how did FBI get involved, why was this a federal case as soon as the Laundries filed the missing persons report? Gabby’s body was not yet found. No charges were filed against him. Or am I mistaking the timeline here?

Long Island native's music video holds new meaning after death of Gabby Petito

A music video made years ago featuring a then 14-year-old Gabby Petito shared a profound message -- one that now holds different meaning following her death.

The video was made after the Sandy Hook shooting and was titled 'Irreplaceable.' Petito and her two younger brothers were in the video with her holding a sign that says she's irreplaceable.

More, including video, at the link :(

I was wondering something. The reserve is -- what? -- 15 minutes from the Laundrie house? If so, why would an avid barefoot hiker need to drive the car over there to hike? And why would he need his parents to leave it there so he can have a ride home? Am I mistaken that the park is that close to their house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member