Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #35

Where do you think BL is right now?

• Mexico

Votes: 50 7.1%
  • Cuba

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • Canada

Votes: 20 2.8%
  • Carlton Reserve, FL

Votes: 98 13.8%
  • Somewhere else in FL

Votes: 166 23.4%
  • New York

Votes: 24 3.4%
  • Somewhere else in the US

Votes: 306 43.2%
  • Somewhere else in the world

Votes: 32 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly!

Which begs the question..

If BL didn't fly home to FL for a week, then where was he for an entire week in the van whilst GP was holed up in a hotel in Salt Lake City!?

I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about the flight. I was wondering if he booked a one-way or roundtrip flight. Perhaps one day that info will come out. I can't imagine why he needed to fly home for such a seemingly mundane reason. The cost of the flight surely would have cost more than just leaving the items in storage for another month.

If LE, Dog, or whoever else finds BL deceased, does the $20000 still apply?

Is this a private reward fund that people are donating money towards? Something that can't be regulated by a crowd funding organisation or similar? (Sorry, I don't know the details of the reward accounts.)

Just wondering if it is a risky venture for genuine people wanting to help offer a reward.
I don't know the risk factors, just what I've witnessed in the past.

I was thinking the same thing. "That's more police stuff," in other words, they've asked her not to disclose certain things, and she is cooperating with that. I would guess she is cooperating in other ways, too -- or at least may be willing to cooperate to the extent that she knows anything. That may be why she seems so out of the loop -- her parents are not cooperating, but she is cooperating. Maybe her parents were trying to shield her from knowledge so she wouldn't have to choose between cooperating and lying for her brother.

I think exactly this.

BL parents are probably thinking they have less to lose if they go down with him… Cassie has children so if they have any sense they won’t want her involved incase she incriminates herself as they have done.

Luckily our justice system convicts people based on the prosecution being able to prove the defendant committed the crime at hand beyond a reasonable doubt and not on the prosecution being able to disprove the defense’s theories.

Without BL's 'fingerprints on a murder weapon' so to speak, the evidence so far is circumstantial. Maybe that would be enough for conviction, I don't know.

MOO

So many "if's". I hope at some point the not redacted bodycam footage is released between GP and the female senior park ranger.
She spent a lot of time with GP alone at the stop and based on what the ranger indicated she offered GP as advice in regards to it appearing to be a toxic relationship, I doubt GP shook that off.

If the situation at the restaurant between BL, the staff and GP took place as stated this may have brought that conversation to the front of her mind and she was acting on it putting BL over the top.

I'm glad Dog is inserting himself. He knows people and methods LE can't use to find someone. If the Gambino's or any other NY/Long Island family want to exercise the network fine by me as well.

I laughed about BL's friends talking about his weeks on the AT with a pack of Ritz crackers. Kid is all hat and no cattle as an outdoorsman. As someone who has lived in terrible conditions outdoors in many scenarios I don't believe it for a minute. He is holed up in a ranch house or a boat cabin. Asking for info in FL for anyone who has been delivering food to a location for a couple weeks where the person has never been seen would take them a ways I think.

All the above is pure speculation from an old f@rt who has taken a keen interest in seeing BL brought in.
A warm welcome to you.
You make great points about his location and how it might be tracked. Thank you. Food for thought...
food delivery people would be quite the thing, would it not?

I heard a 911 called...sounds like a guy to me. Also, if Gabby had been slapped numerous times on the face, there would have been physical evidence. Gabby said he grabbed (showing hands on her jaw)....he did not hit me.

Why are you so insistent on there being physical evidence of being slapped??

You can get slapped and hit and still end up with no visible marks on your face and body.

There are many reasons why DV victims don’t report their abusers or admit to abuse. Shame, fear, guilt, denial…. Gabby was just in the van with a person that physically attacked her minutes before. She was distraught, probably afraid. Just because she didn’t say that he hit her, doesn’t mean he didn’t.

And knowing that he was slapping her in public to me signals he had been abusive for a long time prior to that. Only abusers are that bold.

For whatever reason all of these posts keep popping up with people doubting the 911 call and I just do not get it. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
So many "if's". I hope at some point the not redacted bodycam footage is released between GP and the female senior park ranger.
She spent a lot of time with GP alone at the stop and based on what the ranger indicated she offered GP as advice in regards to it appearing to be a toxic relationship, I doubt GP shook that off.

If the situation at the restaurant between BL, the staff and GP took place as stated this may have brought that conversation to the front of her mind and she was acting on it putting BL over the top.

I'm glad Dog is inserting himself. He knows people and methods LE can't use to find someone. If the Gambino's or any other NY/Long Island family want to exercise the network fine by me as well.

I laughed about BL's friends talking about his weeks on the AT with a pack of Ritz crackers. Kid is all hat and no cattle as an outdoorsman. As someone who has lived in terrible conditions outdoors in many scenarios I don't believe it for a minute. He is holed up in a ranch house or a boat cabin. Asking for info in FL for anyone who has been delivering food to a location for a couple weeks where the person has never been seen would take them a ways I think.

All the above is pure speculation from an old f@rt who has taken a keen interest in seeing BL brought in.
Totally agree with you @davewooderson, I've also thought he could never make it very well outdoors and is probably inside a house somewhere. I'd like to see that interaction with the female NPS officer too.

Thanks for posting this…lovely. She was so photogenic, beautiful girl. So many lovely photos, so many memories her family will always cherish. Sadly, there will be no more photos.

Thinking about her family tonight, and will be thinking about them tomorrow, it will be a tough day for them.

Fly high Gabby…

However, we will find that if the defense theory is enough to create reasonable doubt, the prosecution will need to come out swinging and remove that doubt.

<modsnip>

<modsnip>

IMO from the information that has been made public about GP’s death and the events proceeding and following it, BLs defense team (which is a team of one, right now) will have an uphill battle to create reasonable doubt. Circumstantial evidence is still evidence (and people can be and have been convicted of murder on circumstantial evidence alone) and it overwhelmingly points to BL killing GP. MOO.

Last edited:
If the parents were wise they'd leave on an extended vacation and not let anyone know where they're going.
Unlikely they have the luxury of doing this. The FBI seems to be overtly tailing them whenever they leave the house (e.g. on their library visit).
I'll bet they were freaked out the FBI followed them into the library lol and never anticipated that would happen. And so conspicuously! And it was several agents, correct, looking just like FBI (i.e. not like homeless men snoozing in the corner, though they might have been that, too).
I would be pretty freaked out if a cadre of (obviously) FBI agents followed me into a library....

I heard a 911 called...sounds like a guy to me. Also, if Gabby had been slapped numerous times on the face, there would have been physical evidence. Gabby said he grabbed (showing hands on her jaw)....he did not hit me.
She was covering for him. She is dead, not him. There is nothing that she could do which should provoke him to murder her.

I don't know the risk factors, just what I've witnessed in the past.

I just had a bit of a look ... there is a reward being offered by a legal firm. And one being offered by a neighbour, with another $1,000 being offered by an individual.
Sounds as if it is not a 'money up front' situation ... which leaves no risk to the reward providers. Unless there is some other reward situation which I have not yet found.

Lots of chance that a reward won't be paid out though. Very few rewards are paid (from research we have done in the past).

Gabby Petito case: Law firm offers $20K reward for information on Brian Laundrie.
Reward being offered for info leading to arrest in Gabby Petito case

I have really been avoiding the entire abuse convo - but you could slap me silly and it would never leave a mark. You can punch me and it won’t. I mentioned earlier in the thread I broke all the bones in the top of my foot with a metal object and it never showed a mark on the outside.

My skin doesn’t bruise on the surface and many people do not. I look at my partner funny and he has a bruise. Whether one has “marks” or not is an awful litmus for if abuse has occurred or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member