Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but better this way, than the other way round: GP not found ...

Regarding the person on the photo: This can be anybody.
And it doesn't really matter. We know he was there, right?
Depends on the date, if they were there 1st-3rd sept when the lawyer said the L's weren't, then that would be interesting imo

I am also thinking that he is dead. But honestly? I think the FBI will be able to put together a really good picture of what happened to Gabby and they may also be able to pinpoint motive with their collective phone data. I doubt Brian would even speak if he were detained.
Exactly! I’ve been saying the same. People want him alive so he will speak…. That guy is not speaking, no way no how. Nor is the family. But I get that if he’s gone there’s not even a chance of him speaking and they’re holding out hope. IMO MOO

Last edited:
If I do a fb marketplace search for pop up campers in Florida you can buy 90s type basic models for $2k -$3k in towns a little further north of where they live.

Any chance they could have loaded up their first camper and went to buy a simple one for him and set him up somewhere? On private land?

I think he’s still alive but I just can’t believe that he’s living off the berries and salamanders in the woods somewhere. I suspect he convinced mommy and daddy to help him get a head start. Maybe a primitive housing and a bunch of canned food!

and I just can’t fathom that they were going on a family camping trip from the 6th to the 8th!
I DO think that he went with them, and maybe even left the campsite with them, but no idea if he actually returned HOME with them. jmo

Yeah...I don't like to try to diagnose on here, but with a lot of the comments heard about his "episodes" and the aggressive/erratic/angry/weird/nervous behavior he supposedly exhibited in the days before GP's death, I do have to wonder. Substance abuse was also not even questioned at the Moab stop, although alcohol and medication use was. If we are to believe the "Bullwinkle's" sighting on the 26th (I guess we don't know if his "drink" was alcoholic or not), it says more about BL's use to me than his or GP's denial to alcohol use in Moab. IMO, it's pretty apparent BL was having troubles coping in the days/weeks before GP's death. What triggered that, I don't know, but I have some guesses...

I have some guesses as well, but I’ll keep them to myself since we can’t speculate about possible drug use by GP or BL.

And the laundrie attorney already released statement saying yes they were camping and shopping at some stores, as if to try to get ahead of a story about to come out. Now do we think those “stores” were Nordstrom and Bloomingdales or more likely bass pro shop and dicks sporting goods?!?

loading up on camping supplies…

It’s the thought that if he is dead, and an animal, alligator, etc consumed him, or he drowned, or is in such a remote location that he wouldn’t be found — that gets to me. The thought that there might never be a conclusion and he will remain wanted for a long time, unless he is found, and her family (& his) will never have an answer about if he is deceased or if he has escaped justice. It is an unfortunate possibility in times like these. Manhunts go on for years. And sometimes remains aren’t recovered. And it’s hard to reconcile with that, when there’s nothing to reconcile with.

Yes, I completely understand. There may never be a resolution to this case.
I guess that the very smallest comfort for them is that at least Gabby's parents will 'know' who murdered their child. They won't always have the 'not knowing' hanging over their heads, like too many parents of missing and murdered children have.

(Believe me, I am not trying to minimise their anguishing pain ... and I just always remember, as I have mentioned before, a detective here saying that the worst thing for the family is not the finding of their loved one's remains, the worst thing for them is not ever finding their loved one's remains. Them never knowing what happened to their loved one.)

Last edited:
I'm not sure why people are under the impression BL would dispose of evidence while in Fort Desoto. He had 2200+miles to get rid of any evidence that could implicate him in Gabby's murder. He would have had no way of knowing during the drive back to Tampa whether GP's body had been found and LE had a BOLO on the van.

At some point during his interaction with LE he stated that he doesn't take his meds. Both he and GP seemed to suffer from anxiety so it's not outside the realm of possibility that they both took meds for anxiety disorders. Did they have meds with them on their trip? If he chose to not his meds did he berate GP for taking hers? Again, this is only speculation, I'm not saying she did take meds. But can you imagine how distraught Gabby may have been having a boyfriend with a Tom Cruise level of disapproval of those meds when she may have been having a mental health crisis. That poor girl.

Yes, as in the Summer Wells and Delphi cases, the fear is that nothing will happen. Very disturbing.

I am still haunted by the Delphi case, I took a long break from here after that one. It is still hard to believe that whomever killed Libby and Abbey is still out there. If BL is alive, he will be found, we have much more than his voice to go on. We know who he is.

If Brian is still alive, what is his end goal? Running and hiding and living in exile forever? Was he truly ready to just walk away from everything he’s ever known and spend the remainder of his life as a fugitive, carefully masquerading, living in fear of being found out? It’s been done before, certainly, but it’s not particularly easy for a 23 year old. He wasn’t a seasoned criminal. I am having trouble of wrapping my mind around it all.

Quick statement followed by a question for the attorneys out there:
When I ran a business (as it appears CL did), we always had an attorney either on retainer or staff. I keep seeing questions about when this attorney was retained being something of value as information.

Isn't it possible that he has been retained for years and that there wouldn't be much noticeable (outside of things we would likely not be allowed to have access to such as billable hours, or phone records, maybe...MOO) that would indicate or shed light on the timing of his involvement for this case, as opposed to any other work he may have been doing for them?

Thanks much!

I am not an attorney but I can tell you that we have several family snd business attorneys that we use when we need advice. They are not on retainer for us but we have contacted them as wanted and needed over the years.
It seems to me that the Laubdries have been doing real estate dealings and would have an attorney for those purposes. This attorney does have a practice that primarily deals with that.

If Brian is still alive, what is his end goal? Running and hiding and living in exile forever? Was he truly ready to just walk away from everything he’s ever known and spend the remainder of his life as a fugitive, carefully masquerading, living in fear of being found out? It’s been done before, certainly, but it’s not particularly easy for a 23 year old. He wasn’t a seasoned criminal. I am having trouble of wrapping my mind around it all.

I don’t think he thinks much or deeply. Just reacts.

Yes, I completely understand. There may never be a resolution to this case.
I guess that the very smallest comfort for them is that at least Gabby's parents will 'know' who murdered their child. They won't always have the 'not knowing' hanging over their heads, like too many parents of missing and murdered children have.

(Believe me, I am not trying to minimise their anguishing pain ... I just always remember, as I have mentioned before, a detective here saying that the worst thing for the family is not the finding of their loved one's remains, the worst thing for them is not ever finding their loved one's remains. Them never knowing what happened to their loved one.)
Agreed, fully. Thanks for that reminder. At least they do have conclusions to work through.

If I do a fb marketplace search for pop up campers in Florida you can buy 90s type basic models for $2k -$3k in towns a little further north of where they live.

Any chance they could have loaded up their first camper and went to buy a simple one for him and set him up somewhere? On private land?

I think he’s still alive but I just can’t believe that he’s living off the berries in the woods somewhere. I suspect he convinced mommy and daddy to help him get a head start.

and I just can’t fathom that they were going on a family camping trip from the 6th to the 8th!
Don't they have their own pool at home? Why not rent a little egg trailer? Theirs has to be about the least comfortable option for even infrequent camping trips. Been there, done that trying to line up the truck/camper, leveling it, what a hassle. Why do I think their camping hobby will end shortly, if it hasn't already.

Maybe they'll kind of make a memorial icon out of it, plant flowers, make a little kiosk, put up some of his drawings.

Depends on the date, if they were there 1st-3rd sept when the lawyer said the L's weren't, then that would be interesting imo
Brian showed up at their house the morning of the 1st, so they didn't go on the 1st to 3rd trip that they had reservations for. Would be interesting to know if they canceled because he surprised them when he arrived home, or if they had a heads-up from him that he WOULD be arriving on the 1st, so they canceled the camping reservations. At 10:30 am, it seems to me that they would already have left on the camping trip...which makes me wonder if they knew ahead of time that sonny-boy would be arriving around that time. jmo

The people in the photo are the people that stayed in the campground next to the Laundries. The reason for the photo is the figure in the background which could be Brian.

Who took the photo, was it these campers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndieLiz