Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's one of the best points that's been made here in days. It strongly suggests that there'd been a break between GP and BL before she disappeared.
If this was the case - that she intended to return to NY for some period of time at least - it might explain the storage situation that has never made any sense to me.

Don't expect release of cause of death details any time soon. I don't think the FBI is foolish enough to give BL's lawyer fodder for a defense so far in advance of an arrest.
MOO
I didn’t know LE/FBI could conceal the autopsy reports. That’s interesting. Makes sense to me.

According to this article, on Aug. 31, RL canceled previously made camping plans for two people from Sept. 1-3. It makes sense that she knew her son was coming home by Aug. 31. Then on Sept. 3, she reserved a spot for the three of them for Sept. 6-8.

So, while I think it's possible BL called his parents from the road and told them what happened, I have to entertain the idea that possibly he called them and told them he was coming home, but told them something else about GP. If they took a break after the Moab altercation, maybe his parents figured this was another break and had no idea about GP's death when he came home. If it's accurate that GP's mom didn't try to get ahold of them until the 9th or 10th, what's to say BL's parents didn't just think GP was with her folks, or whatever, for those 10 days. If BL made up a plausible story, they had no reason not to go about life, camping, buying a new phone, etc., none the wiser. Until GP's mom starts trying to communicate. Then, maybe his parents were like, "Hey, Bri, what's this? I thought you said she was at home?" (Or whatever...). If they questioned him and he finally fessed up, it was probably shock, figuring out what to do next, and calling the lawyer. IDK...
I like to play Devil's advocate (though I definitely believe they deserve the benefit of the doubt). Doesn't that seem like a huge gamble on BL's part? Obviously we don't know him and can't say what he'd do but how did he know his parents wouldn't rat him out to her parents?

Interesting… I thought he was “just” wanted for using her bank card… ;)

And he is, indeed.

But COD is key and can be used to confirm if he's the culprit or not. Withholding the COD it's a strategy that's been used more and more by LE to avoid false (and/or coerced) confessions, specially in cases that get a lot of attention.

Mental health counselor here. Actually, our mandated reporting requirements include, in addition to child abuse, only INTENT and PLAN to kill self or others. If a client tells me they are GOING to kill their girlfriend, I have a duty to warn. If a client tells me they have ALREADY killed their girlfriend, that is protected by confidentiality.

IMO if he were in a mental health facility, LE would not be spending so much effort trying to locate him.
Murder/harming self is not covered by HIPPA laws. Psychiatrists are mandated reporters for harm done to self or others. IMO he is not in a facility or they wouldn’t have spent so much time, effort and resources looking for him.

MOO
He could have simply told his parents that they ended their relationship. They agreed he would drive the van home, and she would fly to her parents. They didn’t want to drive together because they were DONE. Oh, and she’s coming down to pick up her stuff in a few days - I don’t want to be here when she comes to get the van—so let’s go camping so I don’t have to see her when she shows up with her mom to get her stuff and drive her van home. If I were a parent and my kid told me that - I’d likely believe it.

After the 10th/11th though? Not sure what to make of his parents’ actions (or inactions). Part could be attributed to terrible legal counsel, but not all of it. IMO

MOO
...and let's eventually hire a lawyer to make this "breakup" official.
MOO

Yes, very plausible.

However in that context, I think the incident where BL reportedly flew back to FL to remove her stuff from storage and put it in the parents garage is not making sense.

That would require some sort of personal interaction between BL or his parents and GP and/or her parents to retrieve her possessions from their garage. In a breakup with volatile components (like the 911 call with physical attack and verbal abuse) the last thing anyone would want would be a confrontation over some personal effects.

It would have been much easier to remove his things from storage, leave her things there, and tell her parents the storage unit needed to be cleaned out by X date and let them pay for it.

I think that trip back will tell us a lot about the Laundrie family plans and their subsequent behaviour when he returned.

i was thinking the other day that there isn’t much information regarding BL’s trip back to Florida to move stuff from a storage unit. I looked it up online and I couldn’t find any main stream news organization articles on this particular item. Do you have a link to a credible source?

Just a thought, how many camp or cottages are easy to break into and empty that BL could get supplies from and hide? Mine is always fully stocked. We only go to ours a few times a month. Thinking out loud mostly on monster drink, not his choice but convenience? Jmoo
Right, I've been thinking about this too. Cabins/cottages, or boats in slips or in storage (a la Andrew Cunanan or Dzhokhar Tsarnaev), or stored RVs...like you with your cottage, we leave our RV semi-stocked with non-perishables.

So his parents say he left on the 14th with just a backpack, and no phone or wallet. Anyone wonder what he had stashed in the Mustang? Could have loaded it up (possibly unbeknownst to his parents) with all sorts of long-term camping/hiking stuff as well as his original phone. Now, if it turns out that he didn't drive himself in the mustang, but was dropped off somewhere, whoever dropped him off had to see whatever he actually took with him. jmo

Just a thought, how many camp or cottages are easy to break into and empty that BL could get supplies from and hide? Mine is always fully stocked. We only go to ours a few times a month. Thinking out loud mostly on monster drink, not his choice but convenience? Jmoo
I've been thinking his parents informed him of a "snowbird" friends place that he can stay at. The whole hike in the park thing was a decoy to buy him time.

An entry in the registration log at Fort De Soto showed Roberta checking-in to the park on 6 Sept. The family lawyer confirmed all 3 members of the family went camping at Fort De Soto on Sept. 6 and left together on Sept. 7, and yet none of the neighbours reported seeing all 3 arriving home. No doubt they dropped him off somewhere but the parents won’t be disclosing this to anyone and will leave it to their trusty attorney to answer that question.

I find it surprising that they're still searching the Carlton Reserve. Apparently there's no safe drinking water there. He may have survived on peanut butter crackers and/or cheese when he allegedly went camping for a 6 weeks, but no-one can survive in an environment without clean water.

Drinking contaminated water can make you really sick as it can be filled with bacteria, viruses, and parasites that can result in waterborne diseases such as cryptosporidiosis or giardiasis. He’d end up with absolutely appalling diarrhoea plus vomiting, and stomach pain. That’s a life experience he’ll remember when languishing in a cell.

LifeStraw, he could boil, strain water but would need a fire for that. Difficult but not impossible. He most likely has a LifeStraw.

I’ve been seeing posts about Peace River Search & Rescue, the SAR team DTBH has brought in to assist. As a Floridian who is familiar w/PRSAR and is happy to see them involved, take a minute to google them. I’m not sure if I can put they’re link here, so I won’t. But they are top notch!!

I like to play Devil's advocate (though I definitely believe they deserve the benefit of the doubt). Doesn't that seem like a huge gamble on BL's part? Obviously we don't know him and can't say what he'd do but how did he know his parents wouldn't rat him out to her parents?
That's true. But the same would be true calling them from the road and confessing. Either way, once his parents found out, they became a liability. All the more reason I have to entertain the idea that maybe they didn't know until closer to the time GP's mom contacted them. And maybe that's why BL took off 4 days later. Even without her body yet found, by then suddenly everyone had a pretty good idea what he had done.

Last edited:
You know what I find odd? No other social media accounts for Gabby or Brian other than the the two IG accounts, Gabby's fb and the Depop. Kids today are all about their social media and yet we see nothing about them from high school, or before they were together. I've looked and looked and found nothing. There's got to be some other social media out there.
My Gen-Z daughter has informed me that FB and Twitter are "for Boomers and Gen X. Gen-Z use Snapchat and TikTok." Okay then. :)
Yep. They also don't distinguish between Gen X and Boomers. You're a boomer if you're older than a millennial.
This is true!!!

MOO
He could have simply told his parents that they ended their relationship. They agreed he would drive the van home, and she would fly to her parents. They didn’t want to drive together because they were DONE. Oh, and she’s coming down to pick up her stuff in a few days - I don’t want to be here when she comes to get the van—so let’s go camping so I don’t have to see her when she shows up with her mom to get her stuff and drive her van home. If I were a parent and my kid told me that - I’d likely believe it.

After the 10th/11th though? Not sure what to make of his parents’ actions (or inactions). Part could be attributed to terrible legal counsel, but not all of it. IMO

MOO
I would believe it, too, up until I started receiving calls and texts from Gabby's family. Then all hell would break loose in my house.

I keep going back to that camping trip the L family took the weekend prior to BL's disappearance. What if that weekend were used to deliver supplies to a predetermined location for BL to use after he disappeared? All sorts of survival supplies, food, drinking water, etc could have been stashed somewhere prior to the day of disappearance and nobody will suspect you are preparing to go on the lam when they see you buying supplies because, nothing to see here, just getting stuff for a family camping weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member