Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has to be an unarguable reason as to why the FBI definitively stated that Gabby's death was homicide, and not , say, accidental, reckless negligence , some animal attack, manslaughter, etc. or even her own suicide.

And the categorical statement was swift. It didn't take months, it took a day, at most. It would be reasonable to conclude that the manner of her death was obvious, perhaps, since her murderer knew her, her face was somewhat disfigured, a sure sign that the murderer knows his/her target. Something she would not do to herself, something only someone else could do, once she was incapacitated.

It would be unlikely that the FBI would call it so firmly if there was any doubts. All eyes were upon them, no room for mistake.
On the nose

It has been stated here many times that the reservations were cancelled after BL returned home. With links.
It takes a lot to catch up on these posts when you work full-time. I had just watched the story update on FOX & they still reported the August 31 cancellation. So, I’m sorry. It was not intentional. I will look that up. Either way. He ended up without the phone.

ETA: fixed a typo.

In full respect, I seriously would like to understand this...
Why aren't we discussing and questioning what you just stated?

There appears to be next to NO ONE that knows or has seen ANY these people ever over the course of their entire lives, yet many of us have access to resources, while not FBI level AT ALL, that could be shared and discussed but don't align with tenets of this space, which is fine, respected and understood.

You can about count on nearly two hands the people we are given information here in which to debate.

Why is that?!?!? Is this really humanly possible that there are no other witnesses or people familiar with these families? Again, just a question.

If not, why does it APPEAR to be the case? Why aren't we seeking additional information and insight? Why are we content debating camper tops that have nothing to do with Gabby's actual homicide and how the mother of a MISSING child pulls her hat down when she gets in her car? Sigh.

I personally feel like there is just so much we don't know, and I worry that we are inadvertently causing harm to innocent people as a result of such. Not at all intentional on our part, since we don't know what we don't know. Just....good grief.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
I’m really confused as to what you are alluding to .. or how it relates to the homicide in Wyoming. I don’t think it’s reasonable that a family member drove out to Wyoming, killed GL, and drove back.

It’s highly unlikely a stranger killed her.

Which leaves Brian as the prime POI. So even if you have some kind of information that negatively reflects on GP’s family, that can’t be discussed here, what does it have to do with the actual homicide? I mean you can’t kill someone because you don’t like their family. So that’s where my confusion lies as to what you’re trying to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
He already had a couple of witnesses that he got rides from. Had he left the van at the scene, he could have claimed that he left her with the van and decided to go home and that she was alive when he left. It would be a much better alibi than taking the van, that was only in her name, and stranding her out in the middle of nowhere without anyway to get out of there. Also if the bank cards turn out to be hers, he also left her without any money to be able to pay for a way home. IMO.
For a while I thought he had been hitchhiking only because he completely freaked out about what he had done & couldn’t figure out what to do next. Something occurred to me today, though. Forgive me for alluding to this, but with certain up-close forms of murder, there would likely be degrees of evidence on him—scratches on his face, or bruising or cuts on his own hands. No one who picked him up reported seeing any of this. So now I think 2 things.

First, that some intermediary device may have been used to harm her (perhaps a rock, or even the vehicle). And second, that he was possibly hitchhiking not only for a timeline alibi but for witnesses to say they didn’t see any defensive marks or signs of a struggle on his person.
JMO

I've been confused about that so did a bit of research. According to the police report she opened the door and climbed over Brian.

“He grabbed her face and pushed her back as she pressed upon him and the van, he tried to lock her out and succeeded except for his driver’s door, she opened that and forced her way over him and into the vehicle before it drove off,” the report continued."

Utah police broke law when Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie were allowed to continue trip | National Post

Is there a different report else where? TIA

bbm

There were two differing reports, I believe. One said she climbed in the window, the other in the door. imo. I know we discussed this somewhere.

It would. Something seems off that Gabby's dad lived right there in Florida, yet had never been to the Laundries' house where Gabby was living. That seems odd. Not to even help her move in or visit her after she moved down there? Very odd.
I read somewhere that he just moved down there in 2021. She may not even have been there when he moved.

Wow. So insightful and telling. I imagine Mom would have a slightly different version of it all.
This is what Gabby's mum had to say when Gabby was still missing.

......'Maybe the relationship wasn't what I thought,' she said.

She said she can't understand why neither Brian nor his parents have reached out to her in the aftermath of her daughter's disappearance.

'It's a very mysterious situation. We don't understand why he's doing this. Everybody's assuming the worst and thinking he's guilty of this. But I don't want to believe that. I want to believe she's just in need of help out there and that everybody needs to keep searching.'

Schmidt described how Brian's parents had been warm and welcoming to Gabby during their relationship. She recalled a time when his mother even knitted her future daughter-in-law gifts for Christmas.

'She loved her like a daughter,'
Schmidt said. 'As far as I knew they were all very caring and treated her like one of the family. His mom was so excited about the engagement.' ....

Boyfriend of missing Gabby Petito returned to Florida alone 10 DAYS before she was reported missing | Daily Mail Online

I'm watching News Nation right now and FURIOUS and near tears. The Moab police failed Gabby. This poor girl would have been alive and they FAILED HER.

JMO

Edited: She TOLD them BL put his hands on her. The marks were visible on her.

I'm new here, This is my first post.

1) Yes
2) I believe it was in the afternoon of the last day seen in the texmex restaurant (believe it was August 27th?).
3) I believe because of his rage, he started beating her and got out of hand.
4) I believe it was by accident but his temper is a ticking bomb. He can hurt other people while on the run. I believe he chocked her.
5) He became very defiant towards authority figures, government and "the system" how it's forming. He seems to have radical ideas that goes against normal norms and beliefs. Not only he has these dystopian thoughts, he also seems to be very reactive to them (conversation in the bar) and loses his temper very easily. He's very dangerous to be on the loose.
MOO

Good post -- I would've written almost exactly the same answers.

Welcome to Websleuths,
0xvicio !!

"Brian Laundrie manhunt: Gabby Petito in new bodycam footage admits fiance hit her

989d655bfed62c880930b27924a5cd6a.png

Moab Police Department body cam footage

Gabby Petito admitted to a Utah police officer that Brian Laundrie hit her on Aug. 12, according to newly released bodycam video from a second Moab officer who arrived at the scene.

Meanwhile Laundrie said he "didn’t have time" to defend himself from allegations he’d struck his fiancée.

"I pushed her away," he tells the officer. "She gets really worked up, and when she does she swings and she had her cell phone in her hand. So I was just trying to push her away."

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Gabby Petito in new bodycam footage admits fiance hit her

It takes a lot to catch up on these posts when you work full-time. I had just watched the story update on FOX & they still reported the August 31 cancellation. So, I’m sorry? It was not intentional. I will look that up. Either way. He ended up without the phone.

No worries. I just didn't want this rumour to take hold and grow legs (again) when it has already been invalidated. :)

I understand about the 'hard to catch up' part ... we Aussies are on the opposite time zone to the US, and so much happens during our night sleeping time (as well as during our work days).
We usually wake up in our mornings to two threads or more of posts to read.

Then on the way home from Wyoming, he had to use A phone to call his mom - otherwise, how would she know to cancel the reservation at the campsite on August 31 before he arrived home on September 1.

There were storms forecast for those dates. Could that have been a possible reason for cancelling? The outer bands of Hurricane Ida could have been impacting areas along FL's west coast, especially low-lying areas. (Perhaps they really didn't know BL was going to show up the next day?)

MOO

tbh, if it turns out to be a gunshot, I'll be back at square one. I definitely don't think he would have shot her.
No, I don't think so either. It was just an example of an immediate homicide ruling. I don't think he would have used a gun even if he had one. This was an intimate and hands on affair. I have little doubt about that.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member