Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ruling was from the medical examiner, not charges announced by the FBI. And the medical examiner only classified Manner of Death which in the US has 5 categories: Natural, Accident, Homicide, Suicide, or Undetermined.

Homicide INCLUDES probable manslaughter and accidental death as it is ruled a homicide if it was at the cause of another person. Even warranted self defense by a police officer against a suspect that results in death would be classified a homicide by a medical examiner. Therefore, the theory that BL accidentally killed her by shoving her/being in a physical altercation is still a possibility. Possibly circumstances of the crime scene could support this decision by the coroners office (i.e if she fell backwards onto a rock and was not moved and the terrain was flat and sandy indicating she was pushed backwards with force- speculation for example).

Manslaughter and reckless negligence are legal terms that fall under criminal homicide and would not be announced until the FBI presses charges, which they have not for her death as of now.

Manner of death - Wikipedia

**Boo, it didn’t post the quote reply but this is in response to the speculation that the cause of death was likely some obvious sign of murder.

It does. I am not sure if that's his mask slipping or if it's sociopathy at its finest; That is, he's trying to be "one of the guys" with the cops by playing the old "Women! Can't live with 'em, can't live with 'em, hehe. Amiright?"

(JustJayla slaps her forehead in tired disgust)
it is horrifying to watch.. he is so high on his success at getting Gabby in the hot seat, with those other coppers, then along comes big Eric to compound the perspective that women just will not keep their hands to themselves, they will come at you with weaponry for no reason at all, a man has to be careful, and now that we suspect she suffers from 'anxiety' lets ramp up the anxiety to the maximum for the hell of it.

This is very hard to deal with.

This was already discussed on WS-
the sandals behind the van during the Red White and Bethune video matched ones that Gabby has worn in pictures and videos. Photographs were posted to compare. This has not been confirmed by LE that I know of, but did appear to match, IMO and others’ opinions.
Not sure what thread it was in, but it was shortly after that video came out…if you want to search for it.
Thank You
Yep He acted calm but those shaking hands....inside he was very upset...
Agree... I keep telling my husband, every time we see that video on the news....BL’s big, flogging hands freak me out. I understand one talking with their hands... but his hand movements were unusual...at least to me.

sorry...this was meant for another post. Not an addition to this one.

In full respect, I seriously would like to understand this...
Why aren't we discussing and questioning what you just stated?

There appears to be next to NO ONE that knows or has seen ANY these people ever over the course of their entire lives, yet many of us have access to resources, while not FBI level AT ALL, that could be shared and discussed but don't align with tenets of this space, which is fine, respected and understood.

You can about count on nearly two hands the people we are given information here in which to debate.

Why is that?!?!? Is this really humanly possible that there are no other witnesses or people familiar with these families? Again, just a question.

If not, why does it APPEAR to be the case? Why aren't we seeking additional information and insight? Why are we content debating camper tops that have nothing to do with Gabby's actual homicide and how the mother of a MISSING child pulls her hat down when she gets in her car? Sigh.

I personally feel like there is just so much we don't know, and I worry that we are inadvertently causing harm to innocent people as a result of such. Not at all intentional on our part, since we don't know what we don't know. Just....good grief.
I'm quite puzzled by this. IIRC alternative scenarios in Wyoming have been presented frequently on these WS threads. It's a matter of glancing over the posts, taking them in, etc. They're there! I recall @RedHaus presented several possibilities, but s/he wasn't the only one.
So, no, as I perceive it, there hasn't been any lack of will to be investigative and questioning. And there has definitely been no inhibition about integrating new information.
Right now, the focus is on finding BL and has been for a bit; it's not about details of the GP homicide, which are largely under wraps.. Where is BL? That's "where we're at" right now. The goal isn't complicated. If some folks think the camper design is relevant to that goal (and it might indeed be!), then power to them. And if there's a shortage of witnesses, that's a matter of an FBI lid. There's no more stuff been dug up by reliable journos, either. It's not from laziness, distractibility, or lack of focus from WS members. IMO.

But it has phone call. I take that to mean they only made a phone call to the Laundrie household but did not actually visit. I suspect Gabby's mom called, left a detailed, likely emotional request, for a welfare check earlier. Then the NPPD called the Laundrie's and had a discussion. I would expect this entire report to be redacted since it likely contains private information. Thus, the end result of "settled."

And they are correct, FL isn't the right jurisdiction to report her missing. She was physically out west, now we know it was in WY. But it took an officer in NY to have compassion to actually file the missing person report. That wasn't the right jurisdiction either tho. It does seem cold the way the response is written.

By the time the phone call is made, NPPD is none the wiser about what is going on. The Laundrie's have likely already hired the lawyer. To have his business card in their possession already, he must have already sent it to them.

upload_2021-9-30_21-31-3.png

n
god almighty, the focus on her 'anxiety', his... his utter contempt when he says , to a fully clobbered up seargant , strung about with mace, and handcuffs and taser and Glock, Brian, full of himself, says,

'I don't have time to defend myself from this stuff'.. .

Brian in a nutshell. It explains everything.
And they still decided that she was the aggressor, because she is 'hysterical and crying' like it is a sign of guilt.

I didn't know she was on the phone with her mom. So mom knew about this situation?
Yes, apparently while she was in the police car she called her mom to help calm her down. Before we knew about the DV incident Gabby's mom made a statement that they may have broken off the engagement and were just girlfriend and boyfriend. Some speculated that Gabby had told her this, but according to her friend Rose, they were still engaged. Imo

Do we know for sure that it wasn't Gabby's phone that he pulled out of his pocket? That she retained her phone the entire time?
I know she was speaking with her mum on her phone in the squad car, but is it possible that he had Gabby's phone and it was returned to her just prior to her phoning her mum?

(Sorry, I haven't watched the duration of the videos .... otherwise I might know the answer, instead of taking the lazy way out. I'm not usually lazy with the incoming MSM info, just not a fan of watching endless videos. o_O )
She had her phone at the same time he pulled his out, she was sitting in the police car and appeared to be using it, manically.

Right. Federal. I keep spacing that :p

I personally don't think he's guilty of first degree. I could be wrong of course.
IMO, it may depend on where she was killed. Bridger-Teton = Federal land, that's a lock for Federal charges MOO. If it occurred off Fed property, and not during the commission of a federal crime, then probably Wyoming state law (but tried in Federal court). Wyoming has the death penalty, but I don't envision them going for this unless they get conclusive evidence to lock it up. But, doesn't mean they won't "use" the threat that they could. MOO/JMO/IMO

Last edited:

I hope this turns out to be the case. I wish there was a better understanding of why they stopped for a day, and then resumed based on “targeted intelligence”, after going to get something with his DNA. Was the waist deep water blocking access to parts of the reserve that was not underwater? Has testing discarded items such as food wrappers indicated he has been alive and in the area? I honestly am on the fence with regards to him still being alive or now deceased.
Question: Has anyone looked into how quick DNA can be tested and results turned around?

8 Days ago:
As for whether the Carlton Reserve search would continue Friday, Josh Taylor, a spokesman for the North Port police department, said simply, "TBD."
Dozens Scour Preserve Again for Brian Laundrie — What's Next if They Don't Find Him?

Then they went back…

The FBI said their search efforts will be “targeted based on intelligence.” Last week, agents were not able to reach some areas with waist-deep water.
FBI scales back search for Brian Laundrie in 25,000-acre Carlton Reserve

The Fox News info that is being reposted on Fox and in other media is based on speculation (not facts).

A source who spoke to Fox News on the condition of anonymity used to work at Civic Plus, a software company that manages the Fort De Soto campground's reservation system, and speculates that the Laundries knew their son was coming home on Aug. 31, when they had plans to camp, and canceled them accordingly. They then made a new reservation including their son at a later date.
Laundrie family changed Fort De Soto campground reservations before Brian returned home, docs show

Whereas we know that BL arrived home on Sept 1st and the new booking was made on Sept 3rd.
I'm so confused Fox reports:

... Brian Laundrie’s mother Roberta canceled camping reservations for two people at a Florida park on Aug. 31 and made new reservations for three people at the same park on Sept. 3, documents obtained by Fox News show.
......Roberta Laundrie on Aug. 24 initially made reservations for two people to camp at Soto Park Campground in Saint Petersberg between Sept. 1-3, about 75 miles north of the family’s home in North Port, but she canceled those reservations on Aug. 31.....

Fox said they have the documents to support this.

Building on this (that he said he had no phone and then pulled a phone out and was using it), why did Gabby say to tell him to get his charger, or make sure he had his phone charger (paraphrasing)? So sad, she was still taking care of him and looking out for him.
She was indeed and it cost her her life apparently.

It's actually not new. It's the part where Gabby touches her face to show the officer where he grabbed her and pushed her. We just couldn't hear the sound very well before.
The video released tonight is new. I just watched the whole thing. It's from the perspective of the bearded cop. It changed a few things that I thought about the situation.

I think the bearded cop was actually the better of the two, which is something I didn't realize. The problem is that he went into the situation with the wrong set of assumptions, and didn't give weight to the 911 call that said he was hitting her. The worst thing about the encounter is that he couldn't stop himself from running his mouth. He had an opportunity to do some real listening. A couple times he asked her questions and then just rolled right over her when she went to elaborate. A few times she looked off to the side, it looked very much like she was trying to decide whether to tell the truth. But he didn't give it the space to unfold.

What he did have right was that putting GP in jail was a terrible idea, and it was kind of him to do the research to see if there was a way to get out of it. (and no, I don't think putting her in jail and reinforcing that she was the problem would have served her. I do not think it would have saved her life. I think it would have emboldened BL even more).

The other thing that we saw in the video for the first time is her reaction when he said that instead of jail, he might be able to separate the two for the night. She was clearly terrified and didn't really realize the gravity of the situation and how close she was to being arrested, booked, and having a permanent record. She sputtered, "but we're a team, we can't be separated, can I pay a ticket for the curb, for speeding? I'll pay any ticket," while sobbing. She sounded really, really scared about being alone for the night in the van.

I honestly feel the officers in the Moab stop did recognize the incident was physical on both sides, but I think they probably allowed room for excuse with their ages and inexperience (assumed) with conflict and emotions and tried to give a pass. My opinion is they didn’t want to place a record on either young person for those reasons. Hindsight is always 20/20 and the best thing to happen now is that it’s taken as a learning tool to recognize violence as violence and don’t wash it over with excuses or misconceptions and assumptions. No excuses ever period it might just save a life.

Building on this (that he said he had no phone and then pulled a phone out and was using it), why did Gabby say to tell him to get his charger, or make sure he had his phone charger (paraphrasing)? So sad, she was still taking care of him and looking out for him.
My heart aches for her.
It’s so obvious to me that she was in an abusive relationship
god almighty, the focus on her 'anxiety', his... his utter contempt when he says , to a fully clobbered up seargant , strung about with mace, and handcuffs and taser and Glock, Brian, full of himself, says,

'I don't have time to defend myself from this stuff'.. .

Brian in a nutshell. It explains everything.
Exactly why he’s hiding now. Doesn’t have time to defend himself. Would rather be camping, than deal with the mess he caused. My heart aches for GP and all she went through with him.

The ruling was from the medical examiner, not charges announced by the FBI. And the medical examiner classified Manner of Death which in the US has 5 categories: Natural, Accident, Homicide, Suicide, or Undetermined.

Homicide INCLUDES probable manslaughter and accidental death as it is ruled a homicide if it was at the cause of another person. Even warranted self defense by a police officer against a suspect that results in death would be classified a homicide by a medical examiner. Therefore, the theory that BL accidentally killed her by shoving her/being in a physical altercation is still a possibility. Possibly circumstances of the crime scene could support this decision by the coroners office (i.e if she fell backwards onto a rock and was not moved and the terrain was flat and sandy indicating she was pushed backwards with force- speculation for example).

Manslaughter and reckless negligence are legal terms that fall under criminal homicide and would not be announced until the FBI presses charges, which they have not for her death as of now.

Manner of death - Wikipedia

**Boo, it didn’t post the quote reply but this is in response to the claim that the cause of death was some obvious sign of murder.

I did NOT know that. Thank you!

I’m in tears watching this latest body cam - I had to turn it off. He just talks and talks and talks at her, threatening her with arrest and jail, referring to him as the victim.
One thing authorities need to learn is to look at context. Instead of talking at her he could’ve asked questions, listened to her - not about what just happened five mins earlier but what was leading up to that? Ask about the previous weeks, even years. What is the context this incident occurred in? So many victims are let down by the lack of this one question being asked.

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1443742549466914821?s=20
Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

·
17m

We just got new body cam video from the Moab incident. It will be on
@NewsNationNow
right now.
OK. I am watching this now. This second video is clear, she said he hit her and She had obvious marks on her face from being hit. She looked scared, then said she hit him first. She knew he would be in trouble, go to jail if she said he hit her, but she isn't a liar, she doesn't know what to say. I would think a trained officer would know she may be afraid to tell on him, afraid of him going to jail, or of Brian possibly retaliating against her for this. I am shocked they let them go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member