Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too complicated! And these people dont strike me as criminal masterminds
MOO

On the surface they don't strike me as criminal masterminds either BUT look how they've managed to close ranks and evade the FBI so far.

I have no idea how they've seemingly got the upper hand, but right now, it appears they certainly have.

MOO

I don't think so, but I could be wrong. They must do some kind of checking on overnight guests, because BL's folks made a reservation for all three. I think the daughter was just a day visitor.

I wonder what the attorney's statement was based on: hearsay (BL's folks) or hard evidence (video)?
Very unlikely that they check overnight guests on every campsite. I've never been checked. They get a headcount to prevent 20 teens from getting a campsite to have a party (or some other circumstance that might be disruptive to other campers). Without reason, they don't care.

This whole case is...strange. And maybe that is why it blew up the way it did. Obviously all of us here are in interest in crime for one reason or another. Many probably listen to crime podcasts and watch documentaries....read books on all sorts of crime related topics. So, it's not strange for me to see this case pop up here, or on a crime podcast. It's not unusual for me to see specific people know and/or speak about it. But when I start to see people - family members that have never shown an ounce of interest in crime, missing person, etc - talking about this case and posting information on social media. When it comes up as a general conversation and work when I've never heard anything similar to this discussed...it makes me wonder.

How and why did this blow up the way it did? Was it because TikTok got ahold of it? Was it the circumstances? Was it because the missing girl was a "cute little blonde?" Was it her very real and wonderful parents?

Why on earth are neighbors shouting daily thru bullhorns at the parent's home when the know BL isn't there and NO ONE "knows" what the parents do/don't know? What made some rando from Pennsylvania hop on a plane to just scream in front of their home? What made people check their go-pros and deer cams?

What about this case has elevated it to where it is? Arguably the circumstances of Maleah Davis's case had all of the same intrigue? Fake car jackings, missing baby, momma "out of town," hospital sightings, crazy *advertiser censored* attorney, etc. And that case didn't blow up the way this did and we're talking about a baby girl! Does it really all come down to a case of BIPOC v. White? Or is there something else?

Personally I'm not sure if I would have really started following the case so closely, other than the fact that we were in Jackson/Grand Teton when GP & BL were in Moab.... then we were in Moab/Arches when they were in Jackson/Grand Teton. We'd never been to that part of the country before either (we're out east) and loved it out there so much.... but it was just so ironic to me that we'd been on the same road trip basically, just opposite directions/dates.

For me it had nothing to do with race, sex, social media, domestic violence (we didn’t immediately know about the Moab incident), or even vanlife. I needed to know why this young man returned from a cross country trip without the young lady he left with…and was refusing to say anything. Immediately there were SO many more questions than answers.
This is initially what made me follow the story. Fiancé/boyfriend drives cross country home WITHOUT his significant other. Then he and his family refuse to cooperate with anyone - including the simple question of "where did you last see her?"

Okay point - she could have gone for the day, and not just camped...so basically she could have just arrived, parked and gone to hang out with them. Surveillance video may show her car arriving, no? I just can't believe the attorney is saying this after she gave an interview saying otherwise.
Where on earth is the surveillance video? Every single park/camping area I have been to recently has at least had cameras at the main entrance... wait... perhaps she didn't enter the main way?

This is initially what made me follow the story. Fiancé/boyfriend drives cross country home WITHOUT his significant other. Then he and his family refuse to cooperate with anyone - including the simple question of "where did you last see her?"
Something I still don’t fully understand!

Where on earth is the surveillance video? Every single park/camping area I have been to recently has at least had cameras at the main entrance... wait... perhaps she didn't enter the main way?

There was a video given over to the FBI this week. Maybe there's more than just the one of the Laundries checking in? There's a lot we clearly don't know (yet). JMO.

Very unlikely that they check overnight guests on every campsite. I've never been checked. They get a headcount to prevent 20 teens from getting a campsite to have a party (or some other circumstance that might be disruptive to other campers). Without reason, they don't care.
This. I frequent state parks in multiple states on a fairly regular basis, and the only time I've ever seen a headcount has been graduation weekend when teenagers show up en masse without paying through side entrances.

I doubt BL is executing this man-on-the run scenario unassisted.

Take into account what appears to be an unethical lawyer and parents who most likely know-someone-who-knows-someone. I think BL is being harbored and/or assisted while on the lam. I doubt he has taken refuge in mosquito and alligator infested swampland. MOO.

On the surface they don't strike me as criminal masterminds either BUT look how they've managed to close ranks and evade the FBI so far.

I have no idea how they've seemingly got the upper hand, but right now, it appears they certainly have.

MOO
I agree. It seems like they’ve always been one step ahead.

This whole case is...strange. And maybe that is why it blew up the way it did. Obviously all of us here are in interest in crime for one reason or another. Many probably listen to crime podcasts and watch documentaries....read books on all sorts of crime related topics. So, it's not strange for me to see this case pop up here, or on a crime podcast. It's not unusual for me to see specific people know and/or speak about it. But when I start to see people - family members that have never shown an ounce of interest in crime, missing person, etc - talking about this case and posting information on social media. When it comes up as a general conversation and work when I've never heard anything similar to this discussed...it makes me wonder.

How and why did this blow up the way it did? Was it because TikTok got ahold of it? Was it the circumstances? Was it because the missing girl was a "cute little blonde?" Was it her very real and wonderful parents?

Why on earth are neighbors shouting daily thru bullhorns at the parent's home when the know BL isn't there and NO ONE "knows" what the parents do/don't know? What made some rando from Pennsylvania hop on a plane to just scream in front of their home? What made people check their go-pros and deer cams?

What about this case has elevated it to where it is? Arguably the circumstances of Maleah Davis's case had all of the same intrigue? Fake car jackings, missing baby, momma "out of town," hospital sightings, crazy *advertiser censored* attorney, etc. And that case didn't blow up the way this did and we're talking about a baby girl! <modsnip>
I think Gabby's case blew up because of a few different factors. They were an attractive couple and featured on Instagram leading this supposedly carefree van life fantasy on the road that appeals to so many. They were in National Parks where many people are visiting after staying home for a year during lockdown, and where many other people have gone missing this year. Most missing cases we read about here on Websleuths are open-ended with almost no clues about what happened to the person. In this case, only one other person was in that van every day, and he did some shady things, from possibly faking messages to Gabby's mother, driving the van to Florida, and now hiding somewhere. It's an Instagram fairy tale gone badly wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its because she appears to be a person without guile, a bit naive, full of expectation and joy...all of it documented for the world to see. Oftentimes, young women like this go murdered in secret and are added to the list of the thousands of others who suffer the same. This one did not. Sometimes, there are angels in the framework of our human architecture and their passing ruptures our collective souls. Gabby, it seems, was one of those. MOO
That was beautifully said and is the truth. Rest in Peace Gabby <3

Yes, but how would he present proof of vaccination with the name “Brian Laundrie” on it?
I don't personally think their checking the name that closely. And if his name is on the travel watch list he'd be caught right there. Covid wouldn't be an issue. Course I guess he would get fake IDs, but who knows. Lot of work to just disappear with out help and prior planning.

for me it seemed reminiscent of the whole Vallow/Daybell mess. Before that, i didn't know that you could just NOT talk to LE. Now, it seems trendy.

I hate how this is becoming a SM farce & MSM circus. I can’t help but think of Gabby’s family and wondering if they’re reading what we’re reading (& how it’s making them feel).
It’s taking up too much of my time with the constant refreshing for updates & then sucking my soul dry when I read some things. I’m here for Gabby & her family, and will still check in for updates, but I need to not be a part of this constant “frenzy” because it’s making me feel guilty & voyeuristic.
#JusticeForGabby

Take into account what appears to be an unethical lawyer and parents who most likely know-someone-who-knows-someone. I think BL is being harbored and/or assisted while on the lam. I doubt he has taken refuge in mosquito and alligator infested swampland. MOO.
ITA!

I’d be interested to know if she actually did speak to him at the campground. Or did she try to speak to him & his parents were playing gate keeper & wouldn’t let her? Do we know how long she was at the campground? Or if she brought her kids? Whether or not she brought her kids is a big indicator of the reason she went to the campground…to me at least IMO.
Do we know how long it takes to drive from her house to campground?

I keep seeing 'lam'. Does this mean on the run? (I'm British and not familiar with that word)

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member