Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Truck and camper at home
2. Camper at De Soto (now off the truck and has stairs)
3. Campsite 1, at De Soto (new camper). Note proximity to adjacent site.
4. Campsite 1 with water view
5. This was news to me - Gabby and BL had previously visited De Soto. She is pictured sitting on 1 of the 3 seawalls.

Well, hmmmm. How 'bout that?! SMH.

That GOB club had to feel intimidating. Imo, even the female ranger seemed like she was part of that. Not bashing the officers- very tough job, but have wondered if fewer officers might have been more effective in getting at the truth.
I agree with you @JudgeJoe. As I watched that first body cam footage in its entirety I was very disturbed when one particular officer arrived on the scene because the entire dynamic shifted IMO. And, the number of officers and rangers present, with some talking over each other, and one arriving late to the party and trying to take control, hampered what could have otherwise been a more informative stop. Think about it, they never even checked the vehicle registration. Something that should be so routine. Rote. Automatic. To me this is telling. Too many "Chiefs" on-scene. This is MOO.

Attachments

• Brian Laundrie's sister Cassie Laundrie breaks silence on Gabby Petito case _ transcript only.pdf
    204 KB · Views: 21
The events of 8/25 make me think something bigger was going on that BL was losing his grip about - beyond DV dynamics. I am starting to think BL needed to protect some information about himself and/or himself and Gabby had something on him that he was not in control of (to end a sentence with a preposition). I also find the DV call in Moab, which appears to have been over a phone to begin with, relevant to timing and place and the initiation of escalating aggression on the part of BL. I think there is a larger pattern pertaining to BL about which Gabby was unable or unwilling to cover or protect him, and she may have had evidence on her phone. I might even go so far as to predict that her murder weapon might have been a phone.
My take on the phone involvement at Moonflower is that Brian was worried that Gabby was about to leave him there without his phone (according to what he told the officer), so he was attempting to grab hers so that she wouldn't go, or so he'd have a phone if she did go.

As far as things ramping up by 08/25, it seems they were absolutely under a lot of stress from the close quarters of the trip, the inability of Gabby to get as much work done as she wanted, and according to what Brian told the officer, Gabby was upset with the bugs. I also wonder if Brian was unhappy about the potential meet-up with Gabby's friend at Yellowstone in the next few days. Apparently, they were planning to go there on the 27th. I'm guessing that Rose never made the trip, but I don't think that's been confirmed.

On the surface yes but honestly we have no idea what was said or done between them. We have no idea what he told them, we have no clue about anything. So I don't think it's fair to judge them yet either. When this whole thing is said and done I think there's going to be a good chance that we'll all be shocked about a whole bunch of things that we all just assumed. I'm going to give them benefits of the doubt for now.

What do you think about Brian leaving his house on Tuesday, the parents saying they picked the Mustang up on Thursday, but video evidence shows the car was in their driveway on Wednesday?

I wonder what the mom.and dad know, and how deep their involvement. ULE doesn't reveal what they know, but I hope LE investigating is not on the level of the MOAD,.., sp Ot the FBI that was involved in the Russia fiasco. I suspect the FBI will only be led to him by an alert citizen, And it is helpful to keep this story alive. Don't let it go cold.

On one of the earlier threads someone suggested BL may never have hiked on the AT.

Gabby spent her 22th birthday with BL on the Appalachian Trail. She posted 2 photos on her Instagram on March 27, nine days after her birthday, that showed them out on the trail in Georgia. The caption of the photos read, “Went hiking for my bday #22.” The second photo showed Brian lazing around in a hammock by Gabby's art supplies.

Gabby Petito spent birthday on Appalachian Trail where Brian Laundrie may be 'hiding'
Anyone can say they "hiked the Appalachian Trail." It crosses roads in many places, including Newfound Gap at the top of the Great Smoky Mountains. I walked about 100 yards there once with my husband, and again in North Carolina at Wayah Bald, where we took pictures in a fire tower with a parking lot below. So indeed, I could say I have hiked the Appy Trail and have pics to prove it, but that would not make me a world class hiker. It would also make me a typical day-hiker, not a survivalist.

There was a quote going around saying Bl spent 6 weeks on the App Trail. That would be a lot of hiking. That's really different than spending one birthday there, partly in a hammock. He supposedly hiked some up near Boone, NC, as well, but not many pics of that either.

Gabby’s friend, Maija Posley, says that cops should have realized Gabby was in jeopardy.

“When I saw the police footage, I saw the bruise on her cheek, and she said that he grabbed her, and they just skimmed right over that”.

View attachment 315736

While Gabby’s bruise was quite noticeable, the police commented on his scratches but they were so insignificant and not visible, at least to me.

https://www.insideedition.com/does-brian-laundrie-have-a-burner-phone-while-on-the-run-70163

Do you mean "bruise."? I ask because it's a medical fact that people don't bruise within minutes or hours. Plus, she said she could feel the sting (my word) where his nail had scratched her face. So maybe a scratch, but not bruise.

How to Heal a Bruised Face: Medical Treatments and Home Remedies

I agree. I love how this family have come together as one. Which leads me to believe they had a good relationship before all this. It's never easy at first but it appears they all respect one another.
I respect the heck out of them for it. I have a little girl & I have a great relationship with her daddy & his family. Especially with his wife. I’m not married or anything (yet haha) but we (his wife & I especially) have a wonderful relationship. & it was not easy at all. You could def tell that before all this that they had a good relationship IMO. As soon as this happened, the 4 of them came together as one unit almost instantly. Big respect.

My take on the phone involvement at Moonflower is that Brian was worried that Gabby was about to leave him there without his phone (according to what he told the officer), so he was attempting to grab hers so that she wouldn't go, or so he'd have a phone if she did go.

As far as things ramping up by 08/25, it seems they were absolutely under a lot of stress from the close quarters of the trip, the inability of Gabby to get as much work done as she wanted, and according to what Brian told the officer, Gabby was upset with the bugs. I also wonder if Brian was unhappy about the potential meet-up with Gabby's friend at Yellowstone in the next few days. Apparently, they were planning to go there on the 27th. I'm guessing that Rose never made the trip, but I don't think that's been confirmed.

this whole time ive been thinking that brian didn't want her meeting up with rose bc it was doing something on her own / taking time away from him, but just occurred to me that with things escalating between them as they likely were that he may have been worried time with a friend would mean she might tell rose what was going on and get encouragement to leave and he couldn't let that happen

jmo

Yeah.
There were an awful lot of LEOs from different agencies on the scene.
I guess it was the most excitement in Moab that day.
But 2 separate witnesses called LE to report a man hitting a women.
And the LEOs ignored that in their effort to cast Gabby as the aggressor.
I couldn't believe they allowed Gabby to drive the van away in her state of distress.
Honest question!!

It seems to me they went above and beyond in making their decision. Even looking up the exact guidelines to follow. What do people think they should have done? Send GP to jail overnight? What could they have done differently? I'm asking sincerely, what? What were their other choices??

No, you have it wrong. He had his phone that he took out of his pocket. He was the one who locked her out of the van. Brian was projecting IMO.
And Brian said she was upset by the bugs. She didn't. He was very vocal about all the things wrong with her IMO.

I think it is very possible that the families (either one or both) were trying to help give Gabby and BL a break from each other, from that long period of time that they were alone together.

Perhaps BL's family flying him home, perhaps Gabby's family putting her up in the hotel for the week.

That happened after the Aug 12th Moab incident, didn't it?

Yes, according to @oviedo's timeline, it was after the Moab incident.

Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21 TIMELINE thread *NO DISCUSSION*

I do think that if GP's family helped separate the couple, they would have said something about that. But GP might've been getting financial help from them more generally, or GP and BL may have given some other reason for the separation, such as the one we've heard.

Maybe BL really did move some things in FL, though given the cost of a plane flight, the economics of that wouldn't make much sense. As some have suggested, the comment that CL did not finish during the interview may have implied that this was not a one-off situation -- that BL tended to go home when... it wasn't clear, and, but it sounded like when things got tough in some way -- I won't speculate further.

Question: So you didn’t know he came back without the …?

Cassie Laundrie: I assumed he was home, because that’s what he did when he was – actually, I don’t mean that.

Questioner: No problem. No problem.

Cassie Laundrie: I think it’s more police stuff.

JMO

this case has me completely befuddled,
I need to know what will happen if Brian is never found, will that be the end of it, will we just never know anything else about it? or if Brian is found dead, will we still get autopsy results and documents of what the FBI knows so far?
this waiting is driving me crazy!
There’s no statute of limitations for murder so if LE thinks a murder might have occurred or definitely did occur then they will keep a wrap on any possible evidence in case BL eventually comes out of the woodwork. How can they know he’s not going to be found until he’s actually found?

I’m starting to think we may never know much more than we know now.

It is really stretching it for me to even contemplate that Brian is successfully evading what some poster enthusiastically named as the 'most expert law enforcement org in the world'...( the FBI ) in comparison to his life as is known up until then. He still lived at home . He didn't hold down a full time job, and when he did, he worked for Mum and Dad. He didn't own property, or even his own car. He had one girlfriend. He didn't play team sport of any kind, as far as I can tell.

Gabby is, as far as is known his first and only murder, and it is reasonable to assume, on that basis alone, that it was not tidy, or efficient. That the rangers who went in there could tell it was homicide from 40 paces away.

And then, he doesn't hide her body, ( the evidence of his crime ) , he leaves it in a well used area, and not only leaves her body, but then takes a van registered to her, and her bankcard , and then actually withdraws money from a bankcard that is not his..

Any 24 yr old would know he was leaving a trace on that act alone, using a dead persons card. He knows she is dead, because he has her van, and has departed the scene. Otherwise, he would be looking for her.

It is on this kind of serial repeated persistent cackhanded action of Brian's that I am skeptical of the whole idea of him doing this incredible evasive survival thingy on his own. That would take real instinctual cleverness and forethought, LOTS of forethought, a capacity to judge risk very well.

Agree -- KISS -- Keep it simple, stupid.
The key to his hiding, etc., if he is still alive and hiding, is that he has got to have cash. No cards unless he is able to steal them and use those quickly. But I don't think even he is that stupid. (Yes, Ted Bundy did it rarely, but he was not nearly as well-known and was not in MSM at least once a week all over the US.)
Cash, cash, cash. Money talks, BS has nowhere to hide and/or starves. Just my 2 cents.
Remember, we don't know how much if any he got from GP's cards before returning.

And yet we know he had his own phone in his pocket the whole time of the DV stop. Also that Gabby's was stowed in a weird spot in the van that BL had to show to the female ranger, when she was sent to retrieve Gabby's. This reeks of deception. His excuse for taking the phone holds little water, imo. His actions pointed to him taking possession of her phone, putting her backpack outside the van, taking her van keys and attempting to drive away from her/prevent her from entering her own van/home.

I believe her fear of abandonment was very real. His claims? Not so much. We see that she was extremely reluctant to drive on her own, or to be separated from him and yet he's afraid she'll drive off without him? Not likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Champ86