Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Cuomo is reporting that authorities told him that they found a fresh campsite in the reserve, and that's why they were back in force today.

Source: Law enforcement found remnants of a campsite in area Brian Laundrie is known to have spent time.

No. It can definitely be a legal strategy to play dumb and not disclose what you know. You are completely within your rights to say nothing and see what the other side really knows and then respond only to what is being disclosed to you. I think that's often a good strategy.

But I'll say I've never seen or heard of a strategy that involved intentionally making bizarre statements to the press. I have seen people get tripped up and say the wrong things (which is why you're often better not saying anything at all to the press!)
He thinks he can manipulate the media and that he is quite clever, like this is all a TV show or something...just appallingly incompetent. jmo

Gabby Petito's body was found 'a five-minute walk from her and Brian Laundrie's van' | Daily Mail Online

'It was in an area where there was a few trees and there was the remnants of a fire ring there...There was a clearing where I would assume - knowing I have a similar tent, where I would place my tent - and that opening would face out overlooking the mountain range.'

“A similar tent”…? Is he saying “one similar to the one Gabby had, or…? Sorry, just wondering if the writer gave it odd context or if he was somehow referring to something with which she was found (giving evidence that GP and BL had set up camp there)
That would be interesting to know. Possible that he killed her, panicked, and just took off, leaving everything as it was.

For an amateur hiker from NY to stay in the Carlton Reserve without help...

Unless, he brought enough canned food for a month or someone is regularly dropping food off at the perimeter of the Carlton...

Food resources would be limited because he can't light a fire to cook. He would be spotted, easily. It's unlikely, he has anything other than a knife. The sound of a gun shot would carry for miles out there and would be heard at neighboring ranches.

BL is likely to be suffering from trench foot. Therefore, unlikely to be walking around in good condition.

IMHO...He isn't out there.

Thats kind of the scenario I had posted earlier. Hidden under the root ball of a partially fallen tree with greenery grown up around the entrance, drinking stump water and a mountain of sardine cans piled up around him <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
No. It can definitely be a legal strategy to play dumb and not disclose what you know. You are completely within your rights to say nothing and see what the other side really knows and then respond only to what is being disclosed to you. I think that's often a good strategy.

But I'll say I've never seen or heard of a strategy that involved intentionally making bizarre statements to the press. I have seen people get tripped up and say the wrong things (which is why you're often better not saying anything at all to the press!)
He thinks he can manipulate the media and that he is quite clever, like this is all a TV show or something...just appallingly incompetent. jmo
Which "authorities"? jmo

MOO I know this is a LE friendly site, but no organization is a hive mind. I can see a scenario where a detective might have been trying to get the father away from the mom (if she is the one controlling the strings) and said something like, "why don't you just come out and show me a few spots you knew he particularly liked so we can keep an eye out for places like that." With no intention of making it a big ordeal. But then someone says, "Hey, I'll go with you. I got some questions I'd like to wring out of that SOB. " And it took off like a steamroller and the lawyer flaps his fleshy fingers,. But then someone with some brains says, "Hey, what are you nitwits doing! You can't take that guy out there." Man, we got to get ahead of this, where the heck is Josh? Taylor, get out there and shut this rumor down. Now!

Well, exactly, and that's about the scenario I was describing. And any lawyer worth his salt would have paused on that for so many reasons, nevermind going public with it. Especially after whatever might have been floated (by someone clearly without authority to bind, not even the right agency) was already withdrawn/canceled!

Gabby Petito's body was found 'a five-minute walk from her and Brian Laundrie's van' | Daily Mail Online

'Her body was found — I guess it would be in front of a tent, if that's what was there — or just in front of the fire ring... there was definitely a fire ring there,' her stepfather, Jim Schmidt, shared.

'It wasn't far from the van. It was a five minute walk,' Petito's mother, Nichole Schmidt echoed.

Jim, who visited the location on the outskirts of Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming where Petito's body was found, painted a vivid picture of the isolated area.

'You would have to want to go out over into that area,' he said.

Jim said his stepdaughter's remains were found in an area of dispersed campgrounds on the borderline of Bridger-Teton National Forest, about 40 feet away from where Grand Teton National Park begins.

He explained in order to get to that area, campers would have to cross over the creek bed that separated the campgrounds from the area where police found Petito and Laundrie's van.

'So you have to cross over this creek bed, this rock area, and go through these tributaries and once you get on the other side it's just some trees sparsely placed throughout and a lot sage brush, a lot of low brush,' he shared.

'It was in an area where there was a few trees and there was the remnants of a fire ring there...There was a clearing where I would assume - knowing I have a similar tent, where I would place my tent - and that opening would face out overlooking the mountain range.'

Jim left a stone cross and flowers in the exact location where she was found.

So this guy, this BL person killed her in front of their tent by the fire circle. Then he packed up the tent walked 5 minutes to the van and within a day or two just packed up and left, leaving her body there. Thinking only how to save his skin.

He would weave a tale of how she went and camped without him for a night and he knew nothing …. but he overestimated his own intelligence. There is no story he can tell that anyone would believe. He killed her and left her there, took her van and her money and ran away for his home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rockymountaingirl