Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO I think its really interesting that the dad and only one other person seem to be out searching in the preserve today. It makes me think that they know Brian is in there and they are hoping CL can talk him out. A large law enforcement presence would keep him hiding. Dad is there to get him to come out. It makes me think that there was evidence at the newly found campsite yesterday was indeed Brian's. MOO they wanted to make sure they didn't find BL dead before they let in dad.

I agree with this. I think it's a softly softly approach by LE by using this new tactic of just BL's dad and one officer.

It will be seen as less of a perceived threat by BL, if he is in there alive.

A massive ambush by armed officers could lead to a shoot out (if BL has a weapon) or suicide by cop, or suicide by his own hand.

It is a far less menacing and intimidating presence for there just to be one officer and BL's dad.

My thoughts are that LE spoke to the Laundries and said,

"Look, we now have strong reason to believe he's in this particular area, and we believe he is still alive. If we go in there without you, there's a high probability BL won't come out of there alive. This is your chance to change that and ensure he does come out of there alive. You can reason with him, you can talk him down. Work with us to prevent another unnecessary death"

MOO

Good on him.

The timing of everything seems a bit bizarre but the sisters interview seems to have made BL parents more open & proactive.
That's an excellent point. Maybe seeing CaL give an interview to the mob finally chipped away at the wall of silence.
ETA-CaL also said she had lost her parents. Maybe they are realizing that they have two children, and grandchildren that are being affected by this whole mess they've helped create. Maybe they aren't so willing to have the whole family taken down.

Maybe this is why CL is out there today...it fits in tandem with other theories about his presence there today. JMO.

Yes. I totally agree with this. It’s my theory also. I hope that justice is served if CL has done anything illegal also.

If her boyfriend’s parents had called you a week after she got home, said they hadn’t spoken to him in 10+ days, and were so worried they were going to call the police, you’d have called them back though, yes?
No, I'd have talked to my kid first. Plus the chances are pretty good that NS sent a chill text first like "hey- are the kids still in Yosemite? I haven't heard from Gabby yet."

I agree with this. I think it's a softly softly approach by LE by using this new tactic of just BL's dad and one officer.

It will be seen as less of a perceived threat by BL, if he is in there alive.

A massive ambush by armed officers could lead to a shoot out (if BL has a weapon) or suicide by cop, or suicide by his own hand.

It is a far less menacing and intimidating presence for there just to be one officer and BL's dad.

My thoughts are that LE spoke to the Laundries and said,

"Look, we now have strong reason to believe he's in this particular area, and we believe he is still alive. If we go in there without you, there's a high probability BL won't come out of there alive. This is your chance to change that and ensure he does come out of there alive. You can reason with him, you can talk him down. Work with us to prevent another unnecessary death"

MOO
I hope you’re right!

No, I'd have talked to my kid first. Plus the chances are pretty good that NS sent a chill text first like "hey- are the kids still in Yosemite? I haven't heard from Gabby yet."
Yellowstone. We all seem to do that. :)

ETA: Several posters correctly pointed out that since the last text said "Yosemite" that that would have been correct from the parents' perspectives.

Last edited:
It does and it doesn't. It all depends on what the L's knew and also what type of relationship they had with the P's and the S's. It could be that B said he would deal or had dealt with it. We don't know the details do we, so it seems a little unfair to judge on that basis.

ETA - and following legal advice is what any normal person would do if confronted by an unexpected visit from LE
BBM. I believe that is what happened and his parents believed him. jmo

Regarding the Laundrie family being contacted by GP's family. Do we know when, who called who and if voice mail messages or texts were sent/left?

“Before Petito's parents reported her missing, they thought both their daughter and Laundrie had disappeared, Joe Petito told McGraw in the interview aired Tuesday.

Schmidt and Joe Petito called and texted Laundrie's mother and "any phone number that I could get for that family," Joe Petito said.

The Laundries never responded, Schmidt and Joe Petito said.

"One of the texts, I (said), 'I'm gonna call the police, just letting you know.' ... No responses," Joe Petito said.

"A normal parent, when you text someone that you're going to call the cops because you can't find your child, they would reply. No response, no nothing," he said.’

Gabby Petito's father says he wants Brian Laundrie found alive

IMO, this behavior is anything but normal. I see people trying to normalize it. It's a bit unsettling to me.

MOO

It doesn't matter "what type of relationship they had" with Gabby's family. They were texting and calling, saying their daughter was missing. They were being ignored. That's cruel. IMO

We do know those details, unless we don't believe Gabby's family.

Refusing to speak with LE on their attorney's advice is not IMO something "any normal person would do" in this situation. Quite the opposite.

I can't fathom refusing to speak with LE about a missing woman, no matter if it's a stranger or a neighbor. But especially if it's my son's gf who has been living in my home for two years.

That is very much abnormal IMO.

From my understanding, this was not an "unexpected" visit. They knew from the family's texts and calls that she was missing. And they were prepared to hand over their lawyer's card.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you 100000000 percent....

(this is a reply to Religh123's post) I didn't hit reply...

Last edited:
Regarding the Laundrie family being contacted by GP's family. Do we know when, who called who and if voice mail messages or texts were sent/left?
Gabby's father said he called and left text messages. He stated he left one message that he was going to call the police if he didn't hear back. At the beginning they were concerned that both Gabby and Brian were missing, so I'm assuming they had also called Brian.
I think Gabby's Mom also talked about leaving messages. I'm not sure if she mentioned texting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member