Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goes back to my original point though, he left her without a bank card or the van, so to me still negligent.

THIS SO MUCH THIS...even if they argued, he shouldn't have left her without notifying her parents. The only way he can be innocent and still take the van and the bank card is if she tells him to and she is going off with her friends, He leaves, and then she is soon thereafter killed.

MOOWADR

Seems odd to me that GP was working at Taco Bell. A girl with her looks and personality could surely do better than that, at least being a hostess in a nice restaurant. Maybe BL didn't want that kind of contact with so many people for her. But it seems she has had unskilled labor type jobs since graduating high school. I wonder why.

Working in the food service industry is honest and hard work for sure. Did it myself when young. But she could have done so much more in terms of jobs, choice of boyfriend/"fiance"' etc. Sure they are young but the ambition to be making a living from SM just feels weird to me with no apparent Plan B for life?

Not my intention to be victim bashing. BBM. Sbm

She was a victim of a homocide. That means she's dead. And a victim, or did I already say that.

Ahh, so after you heard your son's story about killing his girlfriend, which would you feel more cold-hearted and downright weird about. Not returning their call? Or possibly saying more than you should which wouldn't bring GP back, but might potentially be the the thing that gets him the electric chair? That moralistic scale is weighed pretty heavy on each side.
Text: We are not able to speak with you.
<block>

Would it have made much of a difference, given the P/S families went on very shortly to file a missing person report/get the police to visit the L home? Maybe, maybe not. But at least the P/S families wouldn't have been sitting there wondering and waiting for a reply, however long they did.

2 questions (for anyone):
Did the Ls give LE SB's info the first time NPPD showed up at their home?

Is there an absolute statement from LE or the P/S families of the precise first date they tried to contact BL, and/or the Ls? Iirc, I've seen it floated forever that it was 9/10, but I don't recall a firm date for that initial effort being stated by a P/S family member.

This is really what throws me off in this case. My mind keeps going to BL returning with the van and telling his parents they broke up and GP flew back to her family and he took the van since she wasn't comfortable driving it (as seen in bodycam footage). But then it really doesn't explain the parent's ignoring GP's parent's texts/calls, unless they confronted him when they received the messages and he fessed up in a "it was a horrible accident" way or something along those lines... and they've kept silent as per their attorney's advice. It's just so hard to wrap my head around ignoring GP's parent's pleas for any information about their daughter.
All my own thoughts/opinions of course.

For me it helped to look at and truly accept the dates. Gabby's mom said they started trying to contact the Laundries on 9/10. On 9/11, LE showed up at the Laundrie's house to take the van and allegedly the Ls told LE that Brian was represented by counsel at that time.

So we are looking at a 12-24 hour period when Gabby's parents were trying to talk to the Laundries.

I still think it's possible BL spun a tale for his parents that they believed until 9/10 or 9/11 when maybe they turned to him and said, "What really happened?" and he said he needed a lawyer. I think there's layers of shock and confusion and anger and sadness and disbelief that may cause someone to not make the best decisions and then rely on the advice of their attorney, who may not be very experienced in these matters.

But it is not unusual for people who have committed crimes to lie to their friends and family and keep a veneer of normalcy where everyone around them are shocked and feel taken advantage of when the truth comes out.

The arrest warrant is for charging him for using her card after her death but it surely doesn't mean he is guilty of it. And it surely doesn't mean that there isn't another explanation for it other than "he killed her then stole her card to withdraw money" . JMO
They wouldn't have charged BL with stealing Gabby's cards if they didn't have some proof. For one thing, they surely know where he used the cards and they probably have surveillance video of him doing it. Even if he knew her pin numbers and had used the cards with her permission while she was alive - still a crime. There's really no way he can get out of that charge, but it it even worse if he knew she was dead, drove away in HER van, and then used HER cards for gas money.

Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #55
I suspect that they only became suspicious when the calls from Gabbys parents started (and was it both parents or just her mother?) and they got advice from their attorney, which probably said, do not speak to anyone, direct them to me.

Remember, we do not have the full facts. We have only heard one side of the story.
snipped for space.

BBM

I guess this is my struggle--IMO: does this seem like reasonable advice from Lawyer? Would a concer

When the calls started did the attorney respond to the GP family? be the WS timeline reports that day as September 10th.

so 4 days later. . . .

Sep 14: BL family lawyer issues statement

On September 15, North Port police — who are working with the FBI and police in Suffolk County, New York, on the case — said Laundrie had neither “made himself available to be interviewed by investigators” nor “provided any helpful details.”

And that the NPPD had to go to twitter to ask the lawyer for help--isn't that odd?
https://twitter.com/NPPDPoliceChief/status/1438242034775732236

Viewing possible evidence that cannot be moved from the site. For example, does BL have a specific way to setup camp? My understanding is CL was taken in there to view a campsite that had been recently used and assume to see if CL could identify it as BL's way of doing things.

IMO once a person has left, a campsite wouldn't be that distinctive. In fact, if it is, there's a problem! "Leave no Trace" ethic says you leave no sign of yourself. I sometimes have to eliminate signs of the people who came before me (e.g. removing their microtrash rope hanging in trees, nails, etc), just so I can enjoy the site, but if BL has any kind of experience in the back country or respect for our country's wild places, there shouldn't be an iota of anything to say that he's been there. The only thing he should be leaving is his DNA.

YUP. I have always thought that the best story BL could have told his parents was that they broke up and Gabby flew home to NY. If the parents believed that, they wouldn't have questioned him or why he had the van. They would have figured that Gabby was fine and was with her family.....that may have even happened, and it worked until Gabby's family started calling and texting...then they had to know that BL was lying and that they had better call their attorney. jmo

Exactly why the date that the attorney was called is the Million Dollar Question - as stated by someone upthread, but I can't remember who..

Ahh, so after you heard your son's story about killing his girlfriend, which would you feel more cold-hearted and downright weird about. Not returning their call? Or possibly saying more than you should which wouldn't bring GP back, but might potentially be the the thing that gets him the electric chair? That moralistic scale is weighed pretty heavy on each side.

BBM
I wasn't imagining this scenario as if he confessed to killing. My point, as many others are saying, is if Brian and his parents were innocent, they wouldn't have ignored GP's calls.
That's the very reason so many people think Ls knew something. Because, if BL was innocent, they wouldn't have behaved that way.

Guilty or innocent, it was cruel to ignore GP's parents.

As for what I'd do if my son were guilty, I'd do the right thing. What that means varies by person.

IMO once a person has left, a campsite wouldn't be that distinctive. In fact, if it is, there's a problem! "Leave no Trace" ethic says you leave no sign of yourself. I sometimes have to eliminate signs of the people who came before me (e.g. removing their microtrash rope hanging in trees, nails, etc), just so I can enjoy the site, but if BL has any kind of experience in the back country or respect for our country's wild places, there shouldn't be an iota of anything to say that he's been there. The only thing he should be leaving is his DNA.
Exactly. And his scent for dogs. All this is another reason I don't think CL was asked there today to identify anything. Jmo.

Seems odd to me that GP was working at Taco Bell. A girl with her looks and personality could surely do better than that, at least being a hostess in a nice restaurant. Maybe BL didn't want that kind of contact with so many people for her. But it seems she has had unskilled labor type jobs since graduating high school. I wonder why.

Working in the food service industry is honest and hard work for sure. Did it myself when young. But she could have done so much more in terms of jobs, choice of boyfriend/"fiance"' etc. Sure they are young but the ambition to be making a living from SM just feels weird to me with no apparent Plan B for life?

Not my intention to be victim bashing. Just trying to get inside her head I guess. She had such incredibly strong family support. Agree as others have said BL manipulation to get her away from that. But didn't one set of her parents also move to Florida?

Agree with earlier posts that maybe LE wanted to get dad L away from mom L to see if he would talk? But he seems to be the strongest link not to crack. But also don't understand why lawyer would ok this, as also stated earlier.

Just my speculation and opinion and trying to make sense of this horror.

Hmmm, she was only 22 when she died. Not sure what her looks have to do with a job choice. Fast food (Taco Bell, McDonalds, etc.) works for many young people because the job usually offers a flexible schedule, it's busy and the shift goes by fast. It could have also been close to home. I think it's normal for young people who have great families to want to experience life away from their parents. I even understand the cross country road trip to visit national parks.

You stated : But she could have done so much more in terms of jobs, choice of boyfriend/"fiance"' etc.

What would you have suggested to her at age 22? It might have been responsible for her not to rack up college bills or waste money on figuring out a career path at that moment in her life. As far as the guy pick... I'll leave that one alone. IMO

BBM
I wasn't imagining this scenario as if he confessed to killing. My point, as many others are saying, is if Brian and his parents were innocent, they wouldn't have ignored GP's calls.
That's the very reason so many people think Ls knew something. Because, if BL was innocent, they wouldn't have behaved that way.

Guilty or innocent, it was cruel to ignore GP's parents.

As for what I'd do if my son were guilty, I'd do the right thing. What that means varies by person.

But again, it was 12-24 hours until they hired an attorney and provided his contact information to LE. I don't think it's unreasonable to take 12-24 hours to digest what may have been a very shocking revelation and get advice from an attorney.

I do think I would have suggested responding with something, if true, like "I am so sorry, we don't know what happened. We are trying to get more information and we will get back to you if and when we learn anything."

I have learned that a big part of lawyering is using a lot of words to convey an appropriate tone but not actually say anything.

I'm going to say no, but I'd have to go back and watch the video to be 100% sure. The reason I say that is because Myers says that's in Fort Myers and Brian Entin followed CL from the reserve to his home and it didn't take an hour, unless I caught the end of the stream. @ce4au could probably answer better. They had a pretty thorough play-by-play going.
@Bluebythec Brian Entin was asked this on Twitter & he said no it was not.

Who is Christopher Laundrie, Brian Laundrie’s father?

Christopher Laundrie, 62, and Roberta Laundrie, 55, live in North Port, Florida, according to public records. The couple have two children: Cassandra "Cassie" Laundrie, 32, and Brian.

The Laundries own Juicer Services, a company started in 2017 that sells and services commercial juicing equipment.

The Florida company registry lists Roberta Laundrie as the "registered agent" of the company, and a New York registry from 2018 lists Christopher Laundrie as CEO of the company.

The couple runs the company out of their 10,000-square-foot home. Documents suggest the Laundries likely moved to Florida in 2017 as part of their business plan for their company.

Brian Laundrie’s parents sell and service commercial juicing equipment from the Florida home
Brian-Laundries-parents.jpg

Christopher Laundrie, the father of Brian Laundrie, visited the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park in Florida Thursday to assist law enforcement in searching for his fugitive son. Laundrie spent about three and a half hours with police at the park before leaving.

When asked about Christopher Laundrie’s involvement in the search Thursday, their attorney Steven Bertolino said, "Chris was asked to point out any favorite trails or spots that Brian may have used in the preserve."

"Although Chris and Roberta Laundrie provided this information verbally three weeks ago, it is now thought that on-site assistance may be better," Bertolino added. "The preserve has been closed to the public — and the Laundries as well — but the parents have been cooperating since the search began."

Last edited:
Unless your attorney to whom you are paying tells you to shut up and give LE his card.
Absolutely their right to not speak and just give a big middle finger to Gabby and her family, doesn’t mean it is acceptable behavior. My point was more it is possible they did not know anything right up until the point LE knocked on their door. When that happened, it was their choice whether by attorneys advice or not to choose not to help in the search for Gabby

Last edited:
snipped for space.

BBM

I guess this is my struggle--IMO: does this seem like reasonable advice from Lawyer? Would a concer

When the calls started did the attorney respond to the GP family? be the WS timeline reports that day as September 10th.

so 4 days later. . . .

Sep 14: BL family lawyer issues statement

On September 15, North Port police — who are working with the FBI and police in Suffolk County, New York, on the case — said Laundrie had neither “made himself available to be interviewed by investigators” nor “provided any helpful details.”

And that the NPPD had to go to twitter to ask the lawyer for help--isn't that odd?
https://twitter.com/NPPDPoliceChief/status/1438242034775732236
Oh, I'd forgotten NPPD appealed to SB via Twitter. Logical inference is that SB wasn't taking their calls. More great lawyerin'.

ETA:....Wasn't taking their calls 4 days after the Ls provided his contact information to them. More ethically questionable conduct.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members