Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
SBM for focus. That house is definitely not 10,000 square feet. So either they are talking about some other house that the Laundries run their juicer business from, or it's poor fact-checking on the part of the editor. It is possible that their *lot* is 10,000 square feet. Or, the author got an extra zero in there and the house is 1,000 square feet (what's a log among friends?) (MOO)
You nailed it. I just looked it up, and the lot is listed at .23 acres, which comes out to just over 10k square feet.

The house itself is 1,448 square feet.

I know this was discussed many threads ago, but can someone please refresh my memory on why it’s best for BL to be brought in on the fraud warrant and not to be charged with homicide at this time? Is it potentially a lack of evidence, or ?
LE can get an arrest warrant and justify a man-hunt for fraud, and the prosecution/LE don't have to tip their hands about what evidence they have already collected on the homicide, assuming there was a homicide. It also gives LE/prosecution more time to gather and analyze even more evidence before anything that might assist BL in covering it up, or explaining it, is revealed.

SBM for focus. That house is definitely not 10,000 square feet. So either they are talking about some other house that the Laundries run their juicer business from, or it's poor fact-checking on the part of the editor. It is possible that their *lot* is 10,000 square feet. Or, the author got an extra zero in there and the house is 1,000 square feet (what's a log among friends?) (MOO)

I'm thinking the lot is 10,000 square feet, not the home.

A scenerio. Let's suppose GP and BL parked next to the creek bed. BL wanders off to explore, take photos, look for natural edibles, whatever and leaves GP in the van to work on her blog. After about an hour, he returns to find her missing from the van. He looks across the little footbridge of sticks and sees a man beating GP up. She looks dead. BL panics, hitches a ride to Jackson. In the process, he realizes she might NOT be dead. He bails out at Jackson, hitches a ride back near the crime scene, checks around to see if the assailant is gone, confirms GP is dead.
He knows the MOAB PD have both of them on body cam and assumes they're going to think he did it. He grabs her cash and cards and heads back to North Port.
Do you think ONE juror might believe that story? After all, nobody has come forward as a witness to seeing him actually murdering her. Could it have been another nearby camper who thought she was alone and seized the moment?
MOO
Could be...it's defintetly a possibility or Gabby could have already been out there working on her blog. Maybe the BL family's mindset is already to avoid the law.

A scenerio. Let's suppose GP and BL parked next to the creek bed. BL wanders off to explore, take photos, look for natural edibles, whatever and leaves GP in the van to work on her blog. After about an hour, he returns to find her missing from the van. He looks across the little footbridge of sticks and sees a man beating GP up. She looks dead. BL panics, hitches a ride to Jackson. In the process, he realizes she might NOT be dead. He bails out at Jackson, hitches a ride back near the crime scene, checks around to see if the assailant is gone, confirms GP is dead.
He knows the MOAB PD have both of them on body cam and assumes they're going to think he did it. He grabs her cash and cards and heads back to North Port.
Do you think ONE juror might believe that story? After all, nobody has come forward as a witness to seeing him actually murdering her. Could it have been another nearby camper who thought she was alone and seized the moment?
MOO

One might, if they’re stupid, and there is always a possibility that there isat least one stupid person on the jury

It was 19 days into September before Gabby's body was found due to NO assistance from BL or his parents. Despite their silence.

They were content to let her rot in the wilderness, possibly be scattered by animals or to be never be found at all.

Just remember that.

Even if they knew she was beyond help, that doesn't mean she didn't deserve to be found and properly laid to rest by her loved ones. Before she no longer was recognizable.

Not to mention the evidentiary value of finding her body before too much time has elapsed. If it had been an accident or self-defence or someone else, don't you think finding her more quickly would be MORE beneficial for proving BL's Innocence?

To this day, BL and his parents will not co-operate with regard to the circumstances of Gabby's death.

I'm sorry but I'm going to negatively judge them for that. As GP's family rightfully does. JMO.

Yes, exactly this. Yes and yes. Obviously I wish I could like this a thousand times.
I didn't even think of this.

I know this was discussed many threads ago, but can someone please refresh my memory on why it’s best for BL to be brought in on the fraud warrant and not to be charged with homicide at this time? Is it potentially a lack of evidence, or ?

Defendants are entitled to a speedy trial. Once a person is charged with a crime, certain protocols are set in motion. It's more beneficial sometimes to charge a suspect with a more provable lesser charge, in order to get him or her into custody, while not jeopardizing the main investigation they're conducting against them.

When it comes to more serious charges like murder, LE usually will want to get as much investigation done as possible, including questioning and evidence gathering. The possibility of getting a confession. They may need more time to ensure their case is rock solid enough to go to court. All MOO.

From the previous thread

Isn't that the point of "dispersed camping"? It means camping outside of a designated campground.

Dispersed camping is the term used for camping anywhere in the National Forest OUTSIDE of a designated campground. Dispersed camping means no services; such as trash removal, and little or no facilities; such as tables and fire pits, are provided. Some popular dispersed camping areas may have toilets.

So yes, outside of a designated campground, but even with dispersed camping, some places have designated camping areas. I think spread creek had numbered campsites.

Fishlake National Forest - Recreation

Yes, there were designated camping spots @ Spread Creek is my understanding it was brought up by somebody who was camping there and was interviewed.

Somebody previously brought up perhaps he parked there for access to the area and it was away from others prying eyes. I'd like to see those designated spots on the map in relation to where the van is and where Gabby was found. Might not mean anything might mean alot.

I'm not familiar with the rules of "dispersed camping" but if there are numbered spots where you have to camp within them, then that's a regular campground, IMO. I think of dispersed camping more as you can park in this designated spot, but you can pitch your tent anywhere nearby, because there are no services, no bathrooms, no extras anyway. Just take all your garbage out with you, etc. But I don't know the specific campground rules at the park they were at.

If someone saw a flat spot where a tent would go at Spread Creek spot where she was found, and a fire circle with a little bit of burned material in it, that may very well indicate someone was camping there with a tent, IMO - at least for one night. And then she was found right there. A five minute walk to the van is really not very far. I have camped in a lot of "walk in" camp spots even at state parks where you have to carry things into the campsite from your vehicle, and it can be a bit of a walk.

I would imagine a lot of campers do sleep in their vans. But Gabby referred to their van as a "tiny van" and there are several pictures of their tent in her videos and tiktoks.

I still think he killed her in or near their tent, maybe using the tent for cover to hide what he had done, for a day or two. Because she was really left out in the open.

Speculation only.

Seems odd to me that GP was working at Taco Bell. A girl with her looks and personality could surely do better than that, at least being a hostess in a nice restaurant. Maybe BL didn't want that kind of contact with so many people for her. But it seems she has had unskilled labor type jobs since graduating high school. I wonder why.

Working in the food service industry is honest and hard work for sure. Did it myself when young. But she could have done so much more in terms of jobs, choice of boyfriend/"fiance"' etc. Sure they are young but the ambition to be making a living from SM just feels weird to me with no apparent Plan B for life?

Not my intention to be victim bashing. Just trying to get inside her head I guess. She had such incredibly strong family support. Agree as others have said BL manipulation to get her away from that. But didn't one set of her parents also move to Florida?

Agree with earlier posts that maybe LE wanted to get dad L away from mom L to see if he would talk? But he seems to be the strongest link not to crack. But also don't understand why lawyer would ok this, as also stated earlier.

Just my speculation and opinion and trying to make sense of this horror.
There is no shame working in fast food. Gabby had a plan to go on the road for an extended time. Her goal was not some 9-5 office job or work in a fancy boutique making commissions. Those types of jobs are harder to get and harder to quit. Taco Bell and other fast food restaurants have been hiring people on the spot during the pandemic, and you can quit and be hired back again easily in the future. She was working 50 hrs a week because that is the reality of every fast food job, even if you are supposed to be part time. My son worked at Burger King for several years and piled up a nice sum of money, but had to work his tail off every night between the drive-thru and cleaning the store, and work extra shifts when less responsible people didn't show up.

MOO
It was 19 days into September before Gabby's body was found due to NO assistance from BL or his parents. Despite their silence.

They were content to let her rot in the wilderness, possibly be scattered by animals or to be never be found at all.

Just remember that.

Even if they knew she was beyond help, that doesn't mean she didn't deserve to be found and properly laid to rest by her loved ones. Before she no longer was recognizable.

Not to mention the evidentiary value of finding her body before too much time has elapsed. If it had been an accident or self-defence or someone else, don't you think finding her more quickly would be MORE beneficial for proving BL's Innocence?

To this day, BL and his parents will not co-operate with regard to the circumstances of Gabby's death.

I'm sorry but I'm going to negatively judge them for that. As GP's family rightfully does. JMO.

The only thing we can really assume is that BL is guilty of everything you posted.

We can't assume his parents knew anything about it. It's likely he withheld the truth from them because he feared one of them might spill the beans.

JMOO

How would BL know something went horribly wrong on 9/10 if all they knew is that they couldn't reach her? And why the mysterious text to buy time?
Maybe someone else (not BL) had her phone? Has it been found yet? Do we know?

Gabby Petito’s family opens up on hunt for Brian Laundrie; believes he’s ‘missing piece’ to puzzle
Petito’s family wants Laundrie found alive so he can provide the missing answers connecting the death of their 22-year-old daughter. The family believes Laundrie "knows everything," her mother admitted.

"He’s our missing piece to the puzzle to find out what happened," Petito’s stepfather Jim Schmidt said. "What happened out there? Until they find him, we won’t know."
Petito's stepfather revealed that the couple’s cross-country road trip took form after their plans for a low-key beach wedding in Florida were postponed due to COVID-19.

"They kindof put it on hold," Jim Schmidt said, with Petito's mother saying the couple's main focus was planning their trip.

But when Petito never returned from the trip and their van returned to Florida, Nichole Schmidt said she "instinctively" knew her daughter was gone.

Petito’s father Joe Petito said he assumed Laundrie is still alive and living off the land but he has "no idea" of his whereabouts, or if he’s even in the United States.

God Bless them. Their exruciating pain is nearly palpable. I cry for them and Gabby.

Gabby Petito’s family opens up on hunt for Brian Laundrie; believes he’s ‘missing piece’ to puzzle
Petito’s family wants Laundrie found alive so he can provide the missing answers connecting the death of their 22-year-old daughter. The family believes Laundrie "knows everything," her mother admitted.

"He’s our missing piece to the puzzle to find out what happened," Petito’s stepfather Jim Schmidt said. "What happened out there? Until they find him, we won’t know."
Petito's stepfather revealed that the couple’s cross-country road trip took form after their plans for a low-key beach wedding in Florida were postponed due to COVID-19.

"They kindof put it on hold," Jim Schmidt said, with Petito's mother saying the couple's main focus was planning their trip.

But when Petito never returned from the trip and their van returned to Florida, Nichole Schmidt said she "instinctively" knew her daughter was gone.

Petito’s father Joe Petito said he assumed Laundrie is still alive and living off the land but he has "no idea" of his whereabouts, or if he’s even in the United States.

God Bless them. Their exruciating pain is nearly palpable. I cry for them and Gabby.

MOO
An alternative theory of defense generally requires some actual evidence, not just a hypothesis. Testimony of a defendant as evidence is going to be awfully tricky because then they're on the stand for cross-ex and all that entails.

Police say no campsite was found at the nature reserve during search for Brian Laundrie

Brian Laundrie: Police say no campsite was found at the nature reserve during search - CNN

North Port Police say investigators did not find a campsite in the sprawling nature reserve that has been the focus of the search for Brian Laundrie, the missing fiancé of Gabby Petito.

Police spokesperson Josh Taylor's confirmation that there was no campsite comes after a source close to the Laundrie family told CNN's Chris Cuomo that they had been informed by investigators that police had made a discovery in Florida's Carlton Reserve.

The source on Thursday insisted that the Laundrie family had been told a campsite had been found.

"Is it possible that they thought that there might be a campsite out there or something they may have seen from the air but when they got on the ground that's not what it turned out to be? Sure, I think that's a possibility," Taylor said. "Bottom line, is that investigators are telling me that no campsite was found out there."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa