Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say, but as someone who dated a significantly abused woman, she has the signs of being abused...first and foremost, she is taking the blame. BL flat out asks the LEO wether he is guilty of something further?

she admitted hitting him, he said she hit him and so did the witness, what signs of being abused? no marks on her at all but marks on him, imo you cant read emotional abuse into this you could equally say the same about him

I believe Brian has the information,” said Police Chief Todd Garrison of North Port, Florida, referring to Brian Laundrie.

“I believe people around Brian may also have the information, and we are pleading to those people to come forward. Provide us the information that we need to find Gabby and reunite Gabby with her family because she deserves it and her family deserves it,” he said.

We’ve had no communication between our family and theirs. It’s absolutely absurd. We don’t understand why,” Petito’s stepfather, James Schmidt, told CNN affiliate Court TV.

Schmidt explained that he is in Jackson, Wyoming, as a liaison between his family and law enforcement as investigators search for Petito. He said he believes Laundrie knows information about his stepdaughter’s disappearance and is “hiding behind” his attorney.

“He grew up with Gabby; they went to school together. They’re not strangers. They’ve known each other for a long time,” Schmidt said.

“This is the love of your life. It’s been out there on social media. You posted on your accounts. If that is true, then do the right thing. You need to do it now. Stop waiting,” Schmidt said.

Garrison told CNN that his department isn’t working on obtaining a search warrant for Laundrie’s home because they haven’t concluded that a crime has occurred. “In order to get a search warrant, you have to be tied to a crime. Right now, we don’t have a crime,” Garrison explained.

He added that Laundrie has invoked his Fifth Amendment right, which generally means that a person cannot be forced to make statements that he or she feels might be negative or used against them. The amendment is usually invoked so a person can avoid answering specific questions. The right must be affirmatively waived.

“So I can’t compel him to speak. All of our information has been directed through an attorney. That can change. The attorney can come forward and say, ‘listen, Brian wants to provide a statement now,'” Garrison said.
Gabby Petito's family and police urge her fiancé to come forward with any information about her disappearance - WISH-TV | Indianapolis News | Indiana Weather | Indiana Traffic

It's been discussed that he may have driven back with her. They could have had a fight halfway through the journey and she could be anywhere now. The fact that LE is very focused on Wyoming and Gabby's stepfather is now there makes me think they know their final interaction occurred there. jmo.

100% agree. No doubt they have video from gas stations etc... that show she was not in the van with him.

if he has not done anything then there is no reason for him not to speak to the police , if he has done something then I can understand it to a certain extent but even then surely it will be better to cooperate because he could well be charged and convicted and then it will be far worse for him in terms of sentencing etc if indeed Gabby has been killed which I sincerely hope she has not.

I agree with this. To look at what we know objectively, he was the one with the marks. We do know his actions are suspicious, however that alone does not make one guilty. In the video she clearly states she hits him. Every other claim of abuse of him on her is just pure speculation.
I think this is the main reason Gabby's parents don't want people focusing on this one incident. It portrays Gabby as the abuser instead of the victim in this case.

She is the one who is missing and Brian is the one who refuses to help LE find her or search for her himself. That alone makes him look guilty.

Portraying her as the abuser is just a distraction and makes him look like the victim.

she admitted hitting him, he said she hit him and so did the witness, what signs of being abused? no marks on her at all but marks on him, imo you cant read emotional abuse into this you could equally say the same about him
Please read this article. A witness reported seeing them hit each other.
‘You never know what you’ve got in a photo’: Witnesses sought in Gabby Petito disappearance case | WFLA

On Thursday, police in Moab, Utah, released body camera video showing officers pull over their van at Arches National Park after a witness reported seeing them arguing and hitting each other.

My daughter also has pretty severe panic attacks and I could completely see her behaving the way Gabbie did. I think it’s very unlikely that Gabbie would make the decision-with her anxiety and panic attacks-to just leave if things got bad between them. She probably would be more “compliant” because she did NOT want to be left anywhere. Easy to take advantage of. It’s awful.

Question—do we know when her cellphone died? Obviously it was still charged when that last text was sent but I had not seen anything more.

I keep coming back to the fact that he retained a lawyer immediately upon returning home, 10-11 days before Gabby's family reported her missing

SBM

Can you link to where it says he got a lawyer immediately upon returning Sep 1?

I remember seeing article that said “A lawyer for Gabby’s family said Brian "already had an attorney" when police arrived at his home following her disappearance.”

LINK: Fiancé of missing woman shared chilling post before she vanished on trip

I did not take that to mean he had a lawyer on Sep 1, but possible could’ve gotten one on Sep 10, after her mother reached out to BL and his mom.

June 2021
North Port Police Chief Todd Garrison said in a Thursday news briefing that Petito and Laundrie -- who Garrison described as the woman's fiancé -- embarked on a cross-country trip in June.

They planned to travel in Petito's white Ford van to the West Coast and visit state national parks across the Western United States, Garrison said.

"She maintained regular contact with her family members during her travels, however that communication abruptly stopped around the end of August," the police chief added.

August 12, 2021
Moab, Utah, police had an encounter with the couple on August 12, where officers described them as having "engaged in some sort of altercation."

Although the two are described as getting into a physical fight following an argument, "both the male and female reported they are in love and engaged to be married and desperately didn't wish to see anyone charged with a crime," a report from officer Eric Pratt said.

At officers' suggestion, the couple separated for the night, the report said, which described Petito as "confused and emotional."

"After evaluating the totality of the circumstances, I do not believe the situation escalated to the level of a domestic assault as much as that of a mental health crisis," officer Daniel Robbins wrote in the police report. No charges were filed.

Last week of August
Petito's family told police they were last in contact with her during the last week of August, North Port police said.

In a Thursday news conference, Petito family attorney Richard Stafford said the family's last communication with Petito was August 30, but they do not believe the message they received was from Petito. He declined to share what the message said or why they did not believe it was her writing.

September 1, 2021
Laundrie returned to the couple's North Port home, where his parents also live, on September 1, according to police.

The white vehicle Petito and Laundrie had been traveling in was later recovered by police at the home. It was processed and "there was some material in there" that authorities will be going through, North Port police spokesperson Josh Taylor said at a news briefing on Wednesday.

September 11, 2021
North Port authorities went to Laundrie's home on Saturday night asking to speak to him and his family but "we were essentially handed the information for their attorney," Taylor, the police spokesperson, said.

"That is the extent of our conversation with them," Taylor said.

September 16
"Please, if you or your family have any decency left, please, tell us where Gabby is located," Stafford said. "Tell us if we are even looking in the right place. All we want is for Gabby to come home. Please help us make that happen."

"We haven't been able to sleep or eat, and our lives are falling apart," the Petito family's letter added.
A timeline of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito's case
Interesting, that they were telling police they're engaged, even though Gabby had posted on her IG months before, that they called off the engagement.

And a witness saw them hitting each other, but somehow Gabby was the only one deemed the "aggressor".

I have a question about the "mental health crisis". What was the mental health condition BL told police he had, and that Gabby had, adding that both of them were unmedicated? (I haven't watched the video. I can't even keep up with all the posts. Please be patient with me. ). I've read elsewhere, that he told police he was bipolar, and so was she. If that's true, that would be a serious mental illness, and definitely not a good conbination for a relationship, let alone for cooping thmselves up for months in a car or van. But if it's true, it could explain why their parents seem to be enabling them. They may not be steadily employable, especially if unmedicated.

My main question is, did BL tell police he was bipolar? Did he tell police she was? If he told police both of them were bipolar, that could explain the "manic" remark. He was falling back on a stereotype, that would (he may have thought) make sense to police, as a way of explaining her behavior in the moment.

Last edited:
She rang her dad and he sent Uber Eats to her, but I suppose she could have done that from the hotel land line.
Or walked outside there are usually a lot of
Pizza huts abd restaurants just out the door

maybe she was out of money?

100% agree. No doubt they have video from gas stations etc... that show she was not in the van with him.

I agree that it exists, but would have to be a pretty time consuming task. A lot of possible gas stations between Wyoming and Florida. Unless they have cell phone pings to help them know where he stopped. They will find them I'm sure. imo.

Interesting, that they were telling police they're engaged, even though Gabby had posted on her IG months before, that they called off the engagement.

I have a question about the "mental health crisis". What was the mental health condition BL told police he had, and that Gabby had, adding that both of them were unmedicated? (I haven't watched the video. I can't even keep up with all the posts. Please be patient with me. ). I've read elsewhere, that he told police he was bipolar, and so was she. If that's true, that would be a serious mental illness, and definitely not a good conbination for a relationship, let alone for cooping thmselves up for months in a car or van. But if it's true, it could explain why their parents seem to be enabling them. They may not be steadily employable, especially if unmedicated.

My main question is, did BL tell police he was bipolar? Did he tell police she was? If he told police both of them were bipolar, that could explain the "manic" remark. He was falling back on a stereotype, that would (he may have thought) make sense to police, as a way of explaining her behavior in the moment.
They worked at Publix in North Port
I think they self diagnosed themselves!
Jmo

Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito's van in Grand Teton National Park

Family members hope witness accounts like that of Shannon Baker, will help fill in the gaps.

“We drove through the Tetons and the only stop we made was at Jenny Lake,” Baker said.

Baker said it was 5 p.m. on Aug. 25, when she and her husband spotted Petito’s van in the Jenny Lake parking area.

IMO

If someone could just print this out and put it under Brian’s nose and ask for a blink for yes …. Wouldn’t that be helpful?

I have to say, my ex-husband was the same way as this kid. Co-dependent parents, left me stranded once (for days) on vacation, the whole shebang.

Please read this article. A witness reported seeing them hit each other.
‘You never know what you’ve got in a photo’: Witnesses sought in Gabby Petito disappearance case | WFLA

On Thursday, police in Moab, Utah, released body camera video showing officers pull over their van at Arches National Park after a witness reported seeing them arguing and hitting each other.

On the video, the officer says that the witness they talked to reported that she struck him, but that he had not struck her. As I recall, the police had not yet talked to one of the witnesses.

Al right....I'm editing it. SO many states begin with M, I get the abbreviations mixed up. Victor, Montana I meant to say. Which would put then on the way to Yellowstone as they planned, but going around the back way from Jenny Lake. But turns out it's Idaho anyway. It is one way to go from Tetons to Yellowstone. JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member