Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #79

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inside Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito's life with his parents
The Laundries’ lawyer insisted that the family are victims as much as anyone else.

“You couldn’t write this Greek tragedy,” Steven Bertolino told The Post Friday. “Brian is not a Ted Bundy. He’s not a demon. Not a serial killer. I’m not sure that the narrative that’s been pushed — that Brian was a mean killer and Gabby was an angel — is entirely true.”
This is such a tone deaf, reckless, and horribly timed statement. It's also false; who is seriously comparing BL to TB, and are the two really a subject for valid qualitative comparison? I won't go into details about strangulation deaths but; How does this statement hold up if BL was able to strangle the life out of GP's unconscious body for 3-5 minutes?

SBM or is it more likely to be an immediate family member that does not live in the house and was most likely not there at the time SBM

Not necessarily "immediate". But, obviously someone who cared about Brian and wanted him found, wanted him alive no matter what he would face, and wasn't going to accept the BS that he "went camping", so many days later. Possibly someone (aside from the lawyer and 2 of his clients) who knew about his state of mind when he went "camping". IMO

This is such a tone deaf, reckless, and horribly timed statement. It's also false; who is seriously comparing BL to TB, and are the two really a subject for valid qualitative comparison? I won't go into details about strangulation deaths but; How does this statement hold up if BL was able to strangle the life out of GP's unconscious body for 3-5 minutes?
100% agree and he is completely tone deaf that it is his own statements, the wording, that paints the Laundrie parents as cold hearted and uncaring, he created the animosity towards them that he is angry about. Strangling your partner takes a depth of anger/hate that most of us don’t know and are not capable of. MOO

I've been out of the loop this weekend. Can you point me to where he said that Gabby wasn't an angel?
He didn't exactly say "Gabby was no angel." He said something like he wasn't sure the description of Brian as an evil serial killer and Gabby as an angel, was entirely accurate.

They were just normal young adults, who fought and argued too much and probably never should have been together.

I wish Gabby had been able to get out sooner. I wonder if she had finally told him she wanted to separate. Maybe she really did have plans to move back to NY. I think the threat of leaving would have been enough to set Brian off. Imo

I'm wondering now if it would have been cheaper to pump the excess water out of the area where BL was found so they could have searched there in the beginning. Not sure if that would have been possible, although I have seen it done at lakes. It does appear that the Laundries knew exactly where BL was the whole time. Wonder if that would have been cheaper than the huge search of all the wrong areas of the park?

Curious. Do attorneys normally take business calls at 11:30 PM on a Saturday night as in 9/11? My husband and I have a friend who happens to be an attorney. We have his cell and home numbers but we would never call him for business unless it was an emergency. MOO

BBM Maybe this was an emergency?

Didn't Josh Taylor previously describe that LE were at the house very late that night and into the early morning? I distinctly remember him saying that in an interview

What would constitute a “household member”? Is it more likely to be a non family member present in the house at the time (LE) or is it more likely to be an immediate family member that does not live in the house and was most likely not there at the time (not CaL or spouse, there are other possibilities but TOS)?

Sorry for replying to my own post, but there is another immediate family member mentioned in this MSM link
Inside Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito's life with his parents

How on earth did law enforcement and search crews miss Brian Laundrie’s remains and belongings when they were searching in the same exact area on October 15, just 5 days after his parents located him. The water levels have receded SIGNIFICANTLY by then.

I also wonder what they meant by “training and searching”
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1449017291325247499?s=21

https://twitter.com/wflaallyson/status/1449023113354752000?s=21

https://twitter.com/wflaallyson/status/1449068941234606086?s=21

“The activity at the Carlton Reserve we have noticed is on the North Port side — same area where Chris Laundrie showed up last week to assist with the search.”
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1449023610618892290?s=21
They did NOT do a grid search. They also may have run over any evidence with their water and land vehicles when they were running through that area at a high rate of speed. This includes cracking a skull. I have seen grid searches and it appeared that this search was never taken very seriously - but could be wrong of course. The visuals were terrible of the searches. Not a reflection on the individuals searching but the protocols and expertise of the lead agency.

Michael Ruiz
@mikerreports

Another quiet morning at the #Laundrie home. Parents have not yet returned. SB says they and Cassie’s family have gone to an undisclosed location to grieve in private. Remember, they’ve decided to forego a funeral.
#BrianLaundrie #GabbyPetito https://foxnews.com/live-news/bria
I'm glad they have been able to get away from the house and be with their daughter. No matter what they have or haven't done, everyone deserves space to process and grieve the loss of their child or sibling.

I’m not getting that at all. He said “household”, not “in the house”. Two completely different things. And there were four 911 calls on the17th according to these call reports released by Fox News. I just don’t see lE making the 911 call that elicited the last report of missing person. IMO someone from the household made the 911 call to report a missing person.
Brian Laundrie manhunt: Dozens of police calls to Florida home after Gabby Petito was last seen | Fox News
(I wonder if Fox has now entered another FOIA to get the reports in their entirety?)
The 911 calls came from the house, SB was adamant Cassie was not there and the L’s did not file the report. Maybe the 911 calls are not related to the filing of the missing person report but to the crazy protestors. I think LE filed it after learning he had been gone for several days. MOO

Not necessarily "immediate". But, obviously someone who cared about Brian and wanted him found, wanted him alive no matter what he would face, and wasn't going to accept the BS that he "went camping", so many days later. Possibly someone (aside from the lawyer and 2 of his clients) who knew about his state of mind when he went "camping". IMO
Perhaps someone who was concerned about him doing “what he always does when. . . ?”

What would constitute a “household member”? Is it more likely to be a non family member present in the house at the time (LE) or is it more likely to be an immediate family member that does not live in the house and was most likely not there at the time (not CaL or spouse, there are other possibilities but TOS)?
Could Brian have reported himself as missing.?

They did NOT do a grid search. They also may have run over any evidence with their water and land vehicles when they were running through that area at a high rate of speed. This includes cracking a skull. I have seen grid searches and it appeared that this search was never taken very seriously - but could be wrong of course. The visuals were terrible of the searches. Not a reflection on the individuals searching but the protocols and expertise of the lead agency.
kinda hard to do a grid search in water, i believe they concentrated their search further into the reserve thinking Brian had hiked on in and was up in he woods further and that was their mistake.

When did Brian Laundrie last speak to family's attorney?

When was Brian reported missing?

Steve Bertolino, the attorney representing Laundrie’s family, told 8 On Your Side’s Mahsa Saeidi that he and the family reported Brian missing the very first night that he went for a hike and didn’t come home.

“I had a conversation with the FBI that night or the morning after – probably both – and conversed with the FBI and conveyed to them that Brian did not come home,” Bertolino said.

….

Bertolino told 8 On Your Side he notified the FBI that Brian hadn’t returned on Sept. 13 or Sept. 14. In the following days, he said, he did not call the FBI to tell them that Laundrie still hadn’t returned. He also said police never called him to ask if Laundrie came home.

“So it was just no communication,” he said. “It wasn’t miscommunication, it was really no communication.”

“Apparently, the North Port PD was under the impression that Brian was home,” Bertolino said Thursday. “And I’ve spoken to representatives from North Port PD and they’ve conveyed that they legitimately thought Brian was still at home.”

Bertolino said he received a call from the FBI on Friday, Sept. 17 about a tip that Brian was in Tampa. He said he told the agent again that Brian never came home from his hike, and law enforcement responded to the family’s North Port home. A missing person report was filed that night.

“As it turns out, the FBI was also under the impression that Brian had come home and it was just the fact that there had been no communication between Monday or Friday from confirmation from either side,” Bertolino said.

odd
dunno what to make of this part - “As it turns out, the FBI was also under the impression that Brian had come home"
I'd better to go see if I can track down the interview on Youtube ( site not avail to European nations)

kinda hard to do a grid search in water, i believe they concentrated their search further into the reserve thinking Brian had hiked on in and was up in he woods further and that was hei mistake.

Michael Ruiz
@mikerreports

Another quiet morning at the #Laundrie home. Parents have not yet returned. SB says they and Cassie’s family have gone to an undisclosed location to grieve in private. Remember, they’ve decided to forego a funeral.
#BrianLaundrie #GabbyPetito https://foxnews.com/live-news/bria

Did they have luggage with them when they left? I thought just a back pack. Maybe they already had planned to get away for a bit? Weren’t there some cartons already packed up? Iirc they went to mail some packages, but it was the day before they went to the reserve.
I had hoped they mailed some of GP things to the Ps.

Could they have possibly mailed their own things to a preplanned get away location??
And then went to the reserve???

just like everything else with this case, the timeline is crazy…., that would be nuts right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare