Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #80

Status
Not open for further replies.
This popped into my head earlier. Was this discussed here? Guessing it was and I missed it. Why did Gabby say she was from California when they were pulled over? I believe she was born on Long Island in Suffolk County, NY, lived in NC along the coast for awhile and then moved to FL with BL. Was she actually born in CA so that's an accurate statement?
Gabby Petito & Brian Laundrie Utah Bodycam Footage Transcript Before Disappearance

Officer Robbins: (18:00)
ITO. You guys both live in Florida, right? That’s where you guys come from?

Gabby Petito: (
18:03)
My license says Florida right now, but I’m from California.
Good grief, what was that about?? jmo

To further your point, in the second officer’s body cam footage, where you can hear what she was saying to him a lot more clearly than in the first, she mentioned that part of the reason she didn’t want to leave the van was that her laptop was in it and had unsaved work. From that I think it is at least possible that she was sitting in the van and was able to pick up a nearby signal. Especially given that she also said she was straitening up the van and apologizing to him for being “mean” when the argument started. MOO.

Originally I thought Brian had a problem with Gabby spending time indoors editing when he wanted to go out and hike.

Now I’m thinking that he maybe had a problem with her doing anything that drew attention away from him.

MOO of course

but from their posts, it seems like he had no issue with them reading and chilling at a campsite, doing nothing much, as long as it was in line with what he enjoyed and it was an activity that somehow involved him.

But Gabby doing something for her, working on video or social (and taking into account her large following which was about 100k before all of this) I think he could’ve had a problem with that.

This popped into my head earlier. Was this discussed here? Guessing it was and I missed it. Why did Gabby say she was from California when they were pulled over? I believe she was born on Long Island in Suffolk County, NY, lived in NC along the coast for awhile and then moved to FL with BL. Was she actually born in CA so that's an accurate statement?
Gabby Petito & Brian Laundrie Utah Bodycam Footage Transcript Before Disappearance

Good grief, what was that about?? jmo
I know a guy who lives the "van life." He is usually parked outside a restaurant that I frequent. Since he's essentially homeless, he sits at the restaurant bar all day using their wi-fi. He'll order a Coke, but mostly drink out of his own "water" bottle. The owners don't mind him, but there is a manager that can't stand the idea of working two jobs to support his family, while this guy hangs out all day. When the manager is working, he lets van guy finish his Coke and then tells him to get lost. The same thing could have happened at MP. A staff member could have been having a bad day and just wasn't in the mood for a couple of nomads using the place as their own personal living room. It's probably more and more common, as an increasing number of people are living in vans.
Right. You make zero money if your tables don't turn. jmo

Maybe they overstayed, but that doesn't explain why she was reportedly crying at the table. Then came back in while BL was making a scene, and was crying then, and apologizing, presumably for his bad behavior, and out of sheer embarrassment. JMO
If there was a line which makes sense, as it was lunchtime, then there must have been a lot of witnesses . jmo

Of course we don’t know what happened here… We’re all kind if stabbing in the dark, trying to make sense of things that started, evolved, and ended in lives/minds of people we’ve never even met… In any practical sense, our speculations here serve no real purpose. I know that the reason I am here on this thread is because of my past and my fears and a human need to imagine I can make sense of things enough to keep myself and my loved ones safe. It’s not realistic, but here I am…

<modsnip>

IMO this seeming tourist trap of a restaurant could have been BL’s bouquet of roses for GP, and something went sour. Or the couple could have been having a serious emotional conversation—and maybe the staff interrupted it (for overstay, a water refill, to ask if GP’s OK, whatever). It could have been quite a number of things.

No matter what may come to light in the future—from BE’s investigative trip out west, the pages of The Notebook, or a well-researched true crime book—we will never ever truly know. Even GP’s and BL’s versions of these things were subjective and not identical—and those closest-to-the-truth versions died with them.

(Still here speculating, anyway… Not on the clock, but I really should get back to work!)

MOO BTW

Pretending overstay or some other “minor” thing triggered the GP’s tears.

Last edited by a moderator:

I just re-listened a bunch of times. I'm not 100% buying that it is clearly California, but it sure doesn't sound like New York, or Long Island either. MOO

I checked the video and it isn't clear to me she says California ???

Oh, I'm sure you are right she would have improved. And I admit I don't really watch many amateur YouTube videos. But the jumpiness of several videos on her IG wasn't done as an "art effect" I don't think. Good point about Spread Creek camping though.

I don't know what to think about the Merry Piglets. I'm sure you are right Brian could be clueless but it's very hard for me to believe that either of them thought they could hang out to use the WiFi in a place like that. From all accounts, that place is frantically busy with lines all the time. So I'm not sold on the conflict arising because they were hanging out hogging space.

It's also the case much has been made of GP's apology here on WS. But the only account of the incident from NA isn't completely clear on that point:

"She seemed kind of embarrassed. At one point, she walks back into the restaurant on one of his attempts to walk back. And I think she followed him and was trying to, I think, get him to leave and, like, drop the situation. I think she was being apologetic towards the restaurant staff for his behavior. Like, she just kind of wanted to diffuse the situation. She was like, I'm sorry, come on, let's just go. But she was visibly upset," Angelo said."
Instagrammer details explosive argument between Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie at Wyoming restaurant

MOO, I imagine there was a combination of overreaction and overcompensation during this incident. All in my opinion based on witness statements like this one included in the link. Sometimes people bounce off of each other in heightened states like a steel ball in a pinball machine. Things just keep getting louder and more frenetic until someone pushes the machine too hard to tilt, and then game over.

Sadly, I suspect that heightened state didn't subside when they left Merry Piglets. We all know how things ultimately ended.

Again, all my own theory and opinion.

Quite possible!
Why drive the van HOME <modsnip - opinion stated as fact>
Maybe he was.going to.turn himself.in!

bbm
I just don't see BL turning himself in -- ever. He may have had a weak moment, but he knew, IMO, he was done. Arrest, high or no bond, waiting months for a trial, the cost of a good defense atty, most likely 1st Degree Murder and life...life, in prison. Nope.
He probably even thought about his parents and sister going thru all this. IMO, suicide may have been what he chose -- or he was hiding out, trying to decide what to do, and had an accident or was a partial meal for a hungry alligator. I do wonder if he thought about Gabby -- whether he missed her, and if he had any regrets.

I hope Gabby's family has access to her unseen footage !!
MOO.

I believe 'everything' Gabby is still in evidence with the FBI. I don't know how they will be able to view it all without running into her killer's pic in with all her other pic's.

That I would imagine will be really rough for them to see. It may be even harder for them to view any of it because it will always be a reminder of what happened on that trip. jmo

I watched it several times and could not tell what state she said.

I just listened to that again. I have noticed mistakes in that transcript before. I don’t think she says California. But I don’t know what she does say

jmo

====================================
putnam6 said:
I had thought it was established it was about 1/3rd of the lower left jaw.... searching for link now...
====================================

So would I -- if it can be found in this mass of threads... :)
From what I've recently read due to this case, one-third of a jaw should be sufficient to prove a match.

If not where it was mentioned on this forum in a previous thread but where in MSM was that specifically stated? I've read a lot of MSM articles regarding the case, if not close to all of them, and I have not seen anywhere that a jaw bone or mandible was found or tested. IMO.

I believe 'everything' Gabby is still in evidence with the FBI. I don't know how they will be able to view it all without running into her killer's pic in with all her other pic's.

That I would imagine will be really rough for them to see. It may be even harder for them to view any of it because it will always be a reminder of what happened on that trip. jmo

I agree. Last night after reading posts about cost of the van, I wondered if the FBI will have the van crushed / destroy it or return it to GP parents. I would not want to think of anyone using it nor would I want to see it again. Unfortunately, the Murderabilia industry is alive and well. For that reason, I hope GP parents do sue BL estate for wrongful death so any future profits from his artwork would go to Gabby's Foundation. MOO.

FBI did hold an auction for Unabomber items and gave proceeds to victim fund. Maybe they do this with old evidence. MOO
Unabomber auction nets $190,000

Quite possible!
Why drive the van HOME <modsnip - opinion stated as fact>
Maybe he was.going to.turn himself.in!

My guess is that he felt it was his only option. After the person giving him a ride dropped him back off at the campsite, he was standing at an active crime scene and he could have needed to leave immediately before someone saw him there. Walking away would be extremely risky (at some point he was bound to run into people) so he thought his only option was to leave in the van. None of what he did was smart including taking the van. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels